Story

15 Second to Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First. I hope no one here is underage, well I don't write anything explicit, but there some part kind of inappropriate for underage. But I'm trying to make it PG since the part is important for this story. 

15 SECOND TO LAST

 

One mistake it’s all over now.

Cold, it is their house.

How can they fix it?

Is it true that love doesn’t last forever?

There’s a limit time for love?

 

“You’re born in a generation that said when things are broken throw it away and buy a new one.”

 

...................................................

 

“Omma… this thing is broken.” Little boy around 6 years old tugs Jinmi’s apron and talks with a little voice.

Jinmi quickly turns off the water tap and gets down on her child’s eyes level. “What is it, Junhong?”

Junhong brings out his red car toy to Jinmi. Scared. “Can you fix this?”

Jinmi looks at the things and sighs quietly.

 

“Let omma see first.” Jinmi takes the car toy from Junhong and assist him to sofa.

She looks at the toy helpless. How can she fix this thing? It is already broken. There’s no way she can fix it.

“Why don’t you ask your appa?” 10 minutes later Jinmi gives up finding a way to fix that thing.

 Junhong bites his lower lip. “Appa seems busy. I don’t want to disturb him. “

To remind him, his Appa is really scary when he is working. Junhong will never want to disturb him.

 

Jinmi creased her eyebrows. What does he do?  Where is he? Jinmi take a glance on the working room on her right. Right, working again.

“Junhong a, how about omma borrow your car first and I’ll figure out how to fix this first? Tomorrow, when you come back from school I’ll give it back to you.”  

Junhong nods. “Ungg… promise me.” Junhong brings out his pinky finger.

Jinmi hesitated a while before she follows her child’s act. Whatever, if I can’t maybe I’ll buy him a new same one toy tomorrow.

Jinmi smiles and pats Junhong’s arm. “Right now, you need to sleep.  It’s already 9p.m.” 

 Once Junhong sleep, Jinmi goes out from his room and walk to the room where his husband there.

 

She opens the room to peak. That person is still working. She doesn’t understand what makes him to work like that since it was never working out and it will never be.

“Hehmmm…” Jinmi coughs to gain his attention. The fellow doesn’t budge any inch at the noise. Then, Jinmi realizes he is wearing headphone.

 

Jinmi sits on the sofa near him, and waits for him to realize her existence. 5 minutes… 10 minutes… 30 minutes later. There’s no sign he will ever realize it.

Whatever. Jinmi decided to walk out the room.

It’s been a while since Jinmi stop trying. She stops to fix everything inside this house, even their relationship.

She is tired. She wants to stop all of these.

…………………………………………………………………………

Once she is out from the room, Yongguk drops his headphone and glances on the door.

He knows it since she opens the door, but… It just…

He is afraid. Cold sweat slides down on his spine when she is inside the room. Yongguk doesn’t realize since when he is being coward.

Yes, he is a coward in this relationship.

Nothing is going well since a while between them. Yongguk is already tired with all argument between them.

 

Yongguk realized a Junhong’s red car toy on the sofa. It’s broken.

“This kid, he needs to learn to be careful not to break his thing.” Yongguk takes the toy and start fixing that.  Yes, do not to break anything if you don’t know how to fix it.

 

The night is cold. Very cold. Even colder than the winter outside.

 

.........................................................

 

“I’m tired of trying, Sooyoon eonni.” Jinmi complains on the older woman sits beside her inside the tom n tom’s café. She is sipping his caramel macchiato and sighs.

“Maybe it’s your way is wrong or you didn’t make it clear.” The older one comments calmly.

“I have it enough already.”

“Then what do you want? Divorce?”

Jinmi stiffs. Is it what she wants?

 

“Think of Junhong. Is this deserved that?”  Jinmi still falls on silent.

Sooyoon sighs. She decides to give his sister time to think. She looks around.

“Whoa... that guy is cute. Cute hot boy.” Sooyoon flirts with a young guy over their table that starring at her since he comes. She waves her hands openly.

“Eonni, don’t start that fire. If hyungbu (brother in law) find that out, you’ll be dead.”

“Why? He will not find it out anyway.” Sooyoon keeps staring on the young man, until that guy’s face reddened.

 

Jinmi covers her face feel ashamed on her sister act. Jinmi knows that her sister is pretty, but sometimes her act is unpredictable. She always does whatever she wants.

Then Jinmi sighs.

“What?” Sooyoon heard that sigh. “Am I that embarrassing for you? Come on, life is short. You should do whatever you want. Just a little flirt will not hurt you.”

Suddenly an idea pops out on that crazy girl’s head. “I know, how about you find a new short fling?”

“What?” Jinmi’s eyes nearly come out.

“Another guy. You said you have enough with Yongguk’s cold attitude, right? And you cannot fix it. Find a new one.” Jinmi falls into silent with a creased eyebrow.

Her sister must be crazy. “Are you telling me to have affair?”

 

Sooyoon nods. Jinmi shakes her head repetitively. “You must be crazy already, eonni. Don’t you know how scary Yongguk will be once he finds that out?”

“But you didn’t think that’s a bad idea. You’re just afraid of him.” Sooyoon points out.

“But… this is not right.” Jinmi shakes her head once again.

“That way you can find out what is more important to you.”

“I know what important to me. It’s Junhong. Junhong is important to me.”

“Then how about Yongguk?”  Sooyoon’s eyes seem boring through Jinmi.

“I…” Jinmi lost her words. She loves him, right? There’s no way she doesn’t love him and get married with him. It’s not an arrange marriage.

It’s true that they have Junhong first before marriage, but… being married to Yongguk is her decision.

Why can’t she answer that question? Does she lose her love already? Is this already their expired date? Like Yongguk used to say.

Everything has an expired date. Even love too.

 

“He is also important for me.” Jinmi half-heartily answers it. She doesn’t clearly know it, but she just feels she must say that.

Sooyoon doesn’t pick that answer blindly. She knows her sister well.  Jinmi tries to avoid Sooyoon’s eyes.

 “I… I need to go. I need to pick up Junhong from school.” Jinmi decided to stop the conversation

Jinmi quickly takes her trash from table and bring it back to its place.

……………………………………………………………………….

 

“Ommaaaaa….” Junhong runs to Jinmi once he sees her. Jinmi opens her arms to pick up Junhong.

“Careful, baby boy. You will fall if you run like that.”

“Omma, have you fixed my car?” Junhong circles his arms around Jinmi’s neck when she carries him up.

Ouch… I forgot about that toy. Where did I put that?

 

“Uhm… Junhong a, how about omma buy you a new one?”

Junhong looks disappoint.

“Omma will buy you more beautiful skateboard? How it sounds?” Jinmi tries to convince him.

Junhong puffs his cheeks. “You always want a skateboard, right? Omma will buy you one.”

Junhong just keep silent and declines to look at Jinmi. He disappoints.

 

Like father like son. Why both of them keep ignoring me once they disappoint? Jinmi feels betrayed.

“Araso, omma will try to fix it again. Once it’s fixed I’ll give it to you. Okay?” Jinmi tries to get his attention back. “Okay, Junhong a? Don’t ignore omma, please.  Omma will be sad.”

Junhong still doesn’t budge. “Omma will cry, right now.” Jinmi pretend to cry.

“Araso. I’ll wait you fixed it. Don’t cry.” Junhong place both of his little hand on Jinmi’s cheek.

Jinmi smiles. Yes, Junhong is important to her.

..........................................................

 

“Junhong, don’t run. Hey, open your socks first. Clean up.” Jinmi warns Junhong who is being hyperactive at the time.

She doesn’t know whom Junhong resembles on this side. Either she or Yongguk isn’t a hyperactive person. Both of them are quiet reserved type.

Jinmi puts their belonging to the place. They are just back from shopping for dinner.  Once Jinmi walks to the refrigerator, she finds out a note on the door.

 

I will not go home tonight. Some work on studio, Yongguk.

Jinmi sighs. He can at least call her to tell not through note like this. Does he determine not to speak to her at all after that argument? It’s been a week Yongguk rarely home. What does him up to?

“Omma, what can I help you? Will you start to cook now?” Junhong lends on dining table and stares on Jinmi. Being a good boy, Junhong always asks her if he can help Jinmi about anything.

“Later, Junhong a. You can play or watch TV first. If omma needs help I’ll call you.”

“Okay then. Call me.” Junhong makes a cute movement with his hand. Jinmi giggles to see her son cute act.

“Araso.” Junhong half runs to living room to watch his favorite cartoon show.

Jinmi crumbles Yongguk’s note and throw it away.

.......................................................

 

Will you attend my photo exhibition? – Myungsoo

One sentences makes Jinmi‘s heart wavered. It’s been a long time for that person to contact her.  That afternoon, one message comes to her phone.

Will you? Please, pretty please, with cherry on top?  I want to show something there.

Another message comes. Jinmi is thinking how to answer it.

 

He calls then. As impatient person, Myungsoo always does it. He hates to wait that’s why he calls.

“Yoboseyo?” She feels flustered once she heard the man’s voice. It’s been long time.

“Yah! Why you don’t answer my message if you hold your phone right now?” Myungsoo scolds as usual when she picks the call right away.

“I was thinking if I want to attend or not. You’re just being impatient, Kim Myungsoo. What do you want now? It’s been a long time you’re not calling and you scold me once you call. I’ll hang it.”

“Wait… wait... don’t hang it. I’m sorry.” Myungsoo panics. Jinmi laughs in silent.

“Okay.” Jinmi pretend to be cool.

 

“So, how about my invitation?”

“When it will be?” Jinmi asked back.

“On this Sunday.”

“Well… it is tomorrow. You moron! Always last minutes.”  Jinmi scolds back.

Myungsoo laughs. “Yes… yes… Sorry. I’m just busy to prepare. But I have sent the invitation since last week. Don’t you receive it?”

“To where?”

“Of course your house.” Myungsoo answers confidently and then he continues with smaller less soul voice. “With Yongguk. I know it. Don’t say you didn’t receive it?”

“No. I never received any invitation.” Jinmi confused.

 

“Whatever, so will you come? Ah no, you need to come, okay?” Myungsoo demands.

“Fine, I’ll find a way.” Jinmi accepts it.

“Good. I’ll see you there. Call me once you arrive.” With that Myungsoo hangs the call.

Jinmi only shakes her head when she find out Myungsoo already hangs the call. Like always. Only saying thing he needs.

 

“Omma, who are you talking with?” Junhong looks up when he sits on the floor plays his toys.

“Uh?” Jinmi startled by Junhong’s asking question.

“You look happy when you talk with the person on the phone. Is it Sooyoon gumo? Good news?” Junhong climbs up to sit beside Jinmi.

“No just an old friend. Hey, Junhong a, do you want to come to Sooyoon gumo’s house tomorrow?”

“To Juno hyung’s house?”

“Yes, Juno hyung’s house. Omma will bring you there tomorrow. Do you want?”

 

“Where are you going then?” Junhong asks.

Jinmi doesn’t know why but suddenly she feels guilty. It feels like she is going to cheat behind her family. It is just an invitation to photo exhibition, not a date. Why does she want to send off her son at first?

“It’s an invitation from omma’s friend. He has a photo exhibition.” Jinmi decided to talk.

“Can’t I come along? I don’t feel like going to Juno hyung’s house tomorrow.” Junhong gives her a puppy eyes. Make her want to squish her son’s cheek. Too cute.

“Well if you want, then you can come along.”

 

“Yey! What is photo exhibition anyway?” Junhong dances a little and asks.

“Uhm… it’s like an event to show all chosen photo collection that taken by the photographer.”

“Ah.. Understand.” Junhong nods.  Jinmi squeals inside when she sees Junhong’s understanding expression.

 

Every little thing about Junhong makes Jinmi want to fan girl over her son. Her son is too cute and adorable.

Her son is precious to her. It is the only thing that makes Jinmi still stays on this relationship.

……………………………………………………….

 

“Hey, thanks for coming.” Myungsoo nudges Jinmi’s arm once the exhibition is done for the day.

“Of course I’ll come after you keep reminding me since this morning. What actually you want to show? It’s awesome like usual.” Jinmi watches over her son playing on the play ground and guard by Myungsoo’s manager.

Both of them are sitting one of the tables inside family restaurant.

 

“This one.” Myungsoo brings out a brown envelope to her. Jinmi takes it and opens.

“It is…” Jinmi finds out an old photo collection of her. Yes, it was the one when she agrees to be Myungsoo’s model on University.

“I didn’t get a chance to give it to you last time. I found that when I’m arranging my belonging.”  Myungsoo smiles.

“Woah it’s been a long time.”  Jinmi takes a look on the photo.

“How are you these days?” Suddenly Myungsoo throws random question.

Jinmi creased her eyebrow. “Isn’t this already late to ask? We have met since this morning and you just ask it now.”

 

“I miss you a lot.” Myungsoo adds on once Jinmi looks at him. It leaves Jinmi shock with the confession.

“Ye..yeah.. I miss you too, friend. It’s been long…”

“You know what I mean, Jinmi. I really miss you. It feels like dream when I know that you’re married to Yongguk already.” Myungsoo cuts her out.

 

“You must be kidding, right.” Jinmi choose not to believe.

“I heard from Sooyoon nuna that your relationship with Yongguk didn’t go well these days.”

“Stop it, Myungsoo.” Jinmi stands up. “Yongguk and I are perfectly fine.”

I will kill Sooyoon eonni for letting this guy know about my marriage life.

 

“Don’t lie… I already knew it before. You and Yongguk are never match at all. One day he will give you trouble.” Myungsoo

“Kim Myungsoo!” Jinmi snaps. Myungsoo stop ranting. “You are over the line. It’s not your problem.”

“Sorry. I’m just… disappointed.” Myungsoo looks down.  

They fall into silent until Junhong comes back from playing.

 

“Omma… I’m sleepy. Let’s go home.” Junhong wiped his eyes.

“Ah… Okay. Let’s go home. “Jinmi holds on her son inside her arm.

“Let me send you home. It’s been late.” Myungsoo also stands along.

“It’s okay. I can take bus.”

 

“It’s faster that I send you home by car, right? Come on. How can you decline free rides? It’s not like you.” Myungsoo smirks.

“Fine.” Jinmi gives up arguing with Myungsoo. What will hurt you to receive free ride?

 

The car ride was silent. Junhong already fall asleep. Myungsoo doesn’t utter any word while driving them home. It is fast ride. In no time they are arrived at Jinmi’s apartment building.

“Junhong, baby… we’re arrived. Wakey… You can continue your sleep inside.” Jinmi tries to wake Junhong who sleep on the back seat.

“We are arrived?” Junhong awakes and yawns. He quickly gets out from the car still with half opens eyes. He grabs Jinmi hands to bring her inside but Myungsoo calls.

 

“Jinmi…” Myungsoo looks like he still wants to say something.

“What, Myungsoo?” 

“Sorry for what I said before.” Myungsoo looks guilt.

“It’s okay. We are cool now.” Jinmi nods.

“Right, good night then.” Myungsoo waves his hand.”Uhm… by the way, I’ll be in Seoul for 3 months. Can we meet sometimes?”

 

Jinmi hesitates. She knows it won’t be a good decision to accept it, but she still want to meet Myungsoo again. After all, Myungsoo was her first love. And moreover… She has been lonely these days. It will not hurt to hang out with old friend for a while, right?

“Live is short. Do whatever you want. Just a short fling will not hurt.”

Jinmi reminds to Sooyoon’s say before.

 

“Okay, if you ask me not a day prior. “ Jinmi smiles. She decided it already. She needs to get out for a while, for refreshment. She already fed up with Yongguk’s cold attitude.

“Good. I’ll text you when I have time.” Myungsoo smiles back. “Go in. Your son is nearly slept standing now.”

He chuckles to see Junhong leans to Jinmi and closed his eyes.  Jinmi smiles. She picks up Junhong for him to sleep inside her embrace.

“Good night, thank you for sending me home.” Jinmi bids goodbye to Myungsoo.

..................................................................

 

“Where have you been?” Yongguk asks Jinmi once he sees Jinmi get into the bedroom after send Junhong to sleep. It’s been several times already for Yongguk to find their house is empty when he off from work. Once he finds out that, it’s always Jinmi who late for home.

“Just playing around with Junhong.” Jinmi opens the closet to take her pajamas.

“Until this late? Where did you two go?” Yongguk walks closer to Jinmi who is walking to bathroom to take a bath before sleep.

 

She left Yongguk in front the bathroom door.

“Where did you two go?” Yongguk asks again once Jinmi is out. He grabs Jinmi from behind when she walks to her vanity and tries to open her pajama’s button.

“So you decided to speak to me now?” Jinmi tilts her neck to give Yongguk an access to kiss it. Yongguk’s hand started to her left .

“Why? Are you expecting me not to speak to you anymore?” Yongguk becomes impatient. He turns Jinmi’s body and starts kissing her lips hungrily.

 

Their conversation sinks into lust breath. The rooms become quiet; it’s only left fabric friction sound and soft moan from Jinmi every time Yongguk touches her perfect spot.

It’s been like that for a while. Yongguk only speak to her whenever he wants to have with her.  No matter how mad he is or how cold the tension between them before, when it was about , both of them seems to have a same understanding.

“Right there, Yongguk.” Jinmi moans harder once Yongguk another finger inside her while kissing inside her leg.

“You like it?” Yongguk’s tongue is dangerously near her down there. Jinmi becomes more impatient with all the tease.

“Oh… Yongguk please…” Once again Jinmi moans. This time is harder when she feels Yongguk touch her down there. It’s always heaven every time Yongguk works his way on it.

 

“You need to lower your voice if you don’t want Junhong hear us like before, yeobo.” Yongguk chuckles to hear all moans getting louder.

“It’s your fault, you keep teasing me. I can’t get it anymo… ah... “Jinmi wants to snap at Yongguk but it is cut by Yongguk inside her.

“Faster…”  The breath becomes hitcher.

 

It seems like they talk more on the bed than on usual activities lately. It’s the only time that Yongguk warms up to her.

Jinmi doesn’t know if that sentences she says to Yongguk before will change relation between them that much. It’s not like she lost her trust on Yongguk’s ability or anything. But it’s been a while, and there’s no result from it.

She is fed up. Jinmi doesn’t understand why Yongguk keeps being stubborn to do that. It’s not like it will work out. Jinmi will never understand Yongguk’s endeavor on it.

 

“I love you.” Yongguk says that once they finish. He kisses on Jinmi’s lips, the kiss from shorter one becoming a hot longer one.

This is the only time Yongguk will say that three words.

Jinmi wants to reply to it, but it just she cannot utter it out. Something inside her keeps her from saying it.

 

Is it because she already out of love for Yongguk?

“I…” Jinmi wants to answer it back, but her words once again stops on . She glances on Yongguk who lies beside her. Then she sighs.

Yongguk is already fallen asleep. It relieves her because she doesn’t need to say that for now.

............................................

 

“You’re doomed.” Sooyoon declares when Jinmi confesses to her.

“It’s not my fault. I don’t even know why I cannot say it back to him.” Jinmi sips on her favorite caramel macchiato as usual.

Junhong is playing with his cousin Juno on the sand playground.  Right now, Sooyoon, Jinmi and their sons are in the park nearby Sooyoon’s house. Jinmi is visiting her sister after the night with Yongguk.

It’s been bothering her since last night.

 

“Is it because Myungsoo? Do you like Myungsoo?” Sooyoon moves her swing a bit.

Jinmi looks at Sooyoon with widen eyes.

“Why do you bring out Myungsoo here? He doesn’t have any connection with this.”

“Of course I think he has. You changed since he comes back. You hang out with him lately, right. It’s like…” Sooyoon moves her hands try to figure what word to say. “Like… uhm. How I say this… brighter, being back like a Seonyeo (maiden). I know Myungsoo is your teenager fling. Don’t lie to me.”

“He doesn’t involve in this.”

 

“Be careful don’t lit fire, sis.” Sooyoon warns her.

“You said it, right? Little fling will not hurt. You are the one who told me to do whatever I want.”

“So what you want is Myungsoo?” Sooyoon shots back.

“What actually you want to say, eonni?” Jinmi gets annoyed by now.

Her eonni is being bipolar, once she told her to enjoy life, do whatever she wants and then once Jinmi’s done it, she takes back her words.

 

“Is it what more important to you?” Sooyoon finally asks after being silent for a while.

Jinmi quick glances at her sons after heard the question. What’s more important to her?

“I…” Jinmi wants to say something back but Sooyoon is cutting her.

“You know it by yourself. You don’t need to answer me.” Sooyoon sweeps her hair behind, like a diva.

 

Sometimes Jinmi doesn’t understand her older sister. One side, she is smart, speaking so well and the other side she is really such a diva and everything. Sometimes Jinmi hates this side of her. When she says whatever she wants, usually it is a sharp remark. Hurt like hell when it gets into you.

Jinmi looks at the watch she wear on wrist. “Oh my… it’s already 1. I have appointment with Myung…”

Jinmi glances at her sister to see her reaction.

 

“Just go. You come to make me babysit Junhong so you can go with Myungsoo, right?”

By the way Sooyoon speak, Jinmi feels a little guilty inside. Sooyoon looks ease but Jinmi feels like she is being accused for having affair.

She and Myungsoo is only friend nothing more. She just accompanies Myungsoo to do something around while he is in Seoul. No funny business inside.

 

“Just go. It’s okay. “Sooyoon pushes Jinmi’s back to encourage her to leave.

“Sorry, eonni.” Jinmi mumbles.

“What to sorry? You did nothing wrong to me.” Sooyoon rolls her eyes.

“But…” Jinmi glances at Junhong who playing run around with Juno and some other kids.

“While you are on it, just think carefully. For now just go, and do whatever you need to do.” Sooyoon.

Jinmi nods. “Thank you, eonni. I’ll let Junhong on your companion for a while then.”

 

Jinmi walks toward Junhong to bid goodbye first.

“Junhong a, omma need to go a while. I’ll pick you up before 7, okay?” Jinmi catches Junhong who is running and takes him aside.

“Omma, you left me again on Juno hyung’s house?”  Junhong’s eyes become teary.

“Don’t you like to play with your Juno’s hyung? It’s fun here, right? You have friend to play.” Jinmi doesn’t have heart to see Junhong cries.

“But I want to be with omma more.” Junhong pouted.

“Be good kid, okay? Omma will buy you cherry tomatoes once we’re home.”

“Are you bribing me with cherry tomatoes, omma? Sonsaengnim says it’s not good to receive bribe or do bribing.” Junhong’s question leaves Jinmi shocks.

“Omma... mean…” Jinmi doesn’t know how to answer it.

 

“Araso omma, I’ll be good boy even if you are not giving me cherry tomatoes.” Junhong puffs his cheek. Jinmi smiles when she hears her son’s good manner.

“Good, omma will be back soon once it’s done. You will not wait for long.” Jinmi ruffled Junhong’s hair

 

“Are you going with Myungsoo ajooshi again?” Junhong watches Jinmi carefully. Jinmi cannot answer. He knows the answer already. “Ugh… I hate Myungsoo ajooshi. He always takes omma from me.”

“Junhong!” Jinmi warns. Junhong quickly behaves.

“Sorry omma.” Junhong lower his head.

“Don’t hate Myungsoo Ajooshi, he need help. He won’t be long here, that’s why omma helping him to do his work done.” Jinmi grabs Junhong’s cheek and makes him looks at her.

“Araso…” Junhong gives in.

“Good. “ Jinmi smiles. “Now kiss omma first before I go.” Jinmi offers her cheek to kiss.

Junhong obediently kisses Jinmi like usual. By that Jinmi lets Junhong go back to play and she goes to meet Myungsoo.

.............................................

 

It is a usual routine between Jinmi and Myungsoo. Jinmi comes to Myungsoo’s hotel room and takes him around to searching for a studio and the interior. Myungsoo plans to open a photo studio and office post for his photography in Seoul and as a graduate from design interior person, Myungsoo asks her opinion to find right furniture and everything inside.

Myungsoo is a perfectionist. He wants his studio as perfect as he imagines. That’s why it’s hard to find the furniture he wants.

 

And at the end of the day, Myungsoo always takes Jinmi to eat first before sending her back to pick Junhong. For today, he takes Jinmi to eat near Cheonggyecheon Stream, in Gwanghwamun Plaza.  After eat, they sit around Cheonggyecheon Stream, on the stair with other people.

“I really don’t know where to take you anymore Myungsoo. You’re just being jerk. Everything I suggest to you, you make it back. I don’t understand why you asked me at first.” Jinmi complained.

Myungsoo chuckles. “Because I know you are the best I can get. You know my taste well. “

“What? Black, black and black? Hell. You’re making photo studio not a vampire sanctuary. Don’t you think the image will be better if you add more color inside?” Jinmi snapped.

 

“Well… you’re right, but not that much colorful. I want to keep it simple.”

“But you also want you curtain black! Boring.” Jinmi frustrates.

Myungsoo laughs. “Well, for that I’m just kidding actually. The curtain you pick is good enough.”

“What the…! Why don’t you say that before? We can back there sooner, rather than walking around making me like fool for searching black curtain you want.”

“I just want to spend more time with you.” Myungsoo’s confession makes Jinmi silent. She stops complaining and doesn’t know what to say.

 “Don’t be kidding, Myungsoo. Why would you want to spend more time with me?” Jinmi looks away.

“I’m serious. Don’t pretend you don’t know. “Myungsoo grabbed Jinmi’s shoulder to make her face him.

 

“Look, Myungsoo.” Jinmi releases herself from Myungsoo. “I appreciate that you still like me that much, but you also know that I have family. I’m married already.”

Jinmi shows her ring finger. There is a ring that Yongguk gives her on wedding day.

“Do you still love Yongguk?”

“I…” Jinmi’s eyes move rapidly around. She tried to find answer. “I love Yongguk, of course.”

Jinmi says last two words while looking away. Jinmi can feel Myungsoo staring intensely into her.

It makes her uncomfortable.

 

“I… I need to pick up Junhong. “Jinmi tries to get up but Myungsoo pulls her back. He grabs her and forces kiss her.

“Myung…” First Jinmi struggle hard but eventually she gives in. She kisses back.

“You still love me.” Myungsoo says as he pulls back.

 

A realization hits Jinmi quick. What are you doing, Hyun Jinmi? This is over the line. Jinmi quickly stood and slaps Myungsoo hard on the cheek.

“This is unreasonable, Kim Myungsoo. Why you keep insisting everything you want only? You never consider other side’s opinion.”

“You love me, right? You used to love me.” Myungsoo stands along.

“It is used to. Not now! I like you as friend only.” Jinmi retorts.

 

“You’re lonely on your marriage life. That’s why you agree to meet me.”

 “Stop analyzing me, you are not me. Don’t push everything you want on me.”  

 

Anger builds inside Jinmi. It’s not like that she is angry with Myungsoo, but she is angry with herself.  Why she is too obvious so everyone can guess what she thought clearly. Everyone other than Yongguk.

“I don’t need to analyze you to know.” Myungsoo calmly talks back.

“Okay then, thank you to make it clear with me. Now I’m going back to my family.” Jinmi is tired of heated argument with Yongguk; she doesn’t want another one with Myungsoo. It’s better for her to cut it out.

 

Myungsoo sees Jinmi is that angry realizes that he really goes ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter