Chapter 1

Bitten

"You can't escape from this, This is your faith, our family's---" He was cutted off when the young man suddenly hissed, putting down his pen not too gently before leaning back to his swivel chair and stare at him.

 

"Shut the up," He said--no he almost shout in front of him. He doesn't care if someone heard him, what are in his soundproof office?

 

"Calm down. You're still stupid. Sam as old. Haha!' He held his hands up in peace but returned, "I don't know but if you want things to work, you know what you have to do," He reasoned, settling himself in the leather chair across from him.

 

"If this was your reason for going to my office, you're just wasting your time." Not bothering to looked up, he just continue what his doing earlier. Reading some reports, stocks, about some new investors and the cycle continues. As he read the files, nothing comes up to his mind. Like an empty sheet. 

 

"You know what? You should be thankful. I gave you 2nd life, and this is what I get in return? You're goddamn lucky bastard, everyone in the world wants to be in your postion. But what are you doing? You're wasting it!" He replied stiffly, turning his dark eyes on the young man. This caught his attention, and eventually looked at him.

 

Be thankful? Lucky? Tss. You don't know what you're saying. You're the one who destroyed it. He thought, as the pen he was holding to were slowly bending.

 

"How many times do I need to tell you? Are you deaf?! Or you're just not using your brain? I'm not going to do it." He stated again, he looked up at him, staring before leaning over to continues his paperwok. As he about to sign it, he notice that his pen were broke. Fck. This made him annoyed.

 

"Where did you manners go after all these years? I'm still your granfather!" The man protested.

 

"You're questioning my manners? Tss. I'd rather give some respect to the older people I meet in street than you. Were not blood related though. And you know what?" He stated cooly, tugging his tie. Leaning again his table, and meeting his grandfather eyes. "I'd rather die to be your grandson. I'd rather die than using your last name. And I'd rather die than to be a vampire." He gritted out darkly. His angered peaked but he managed to control it before he said something he didn't mean.

 

But things couldn't change. If he could just turn back time, when she still believes in him, when he still have her trust and when she still love him. Yes, he is a vampire. A well known vampire, but not because of his name. Because of his last name. Yoong Park. In his veins, the blood runnning thoughout his body. A royal blood.

 

His grandfather stood up, laughing his loud. He look at him, blue eyes mischievous before shurgging his shoulders nonchalantly, "Yoong.. Yoong.. Yoong.." He had a frantic look of excitement in his eyes before he grinned, "Maybe you're reffering to your self, huh? You're the one who's not using your brain." 

 

This made Yoong's expression turned into a confused one. He was about to ask him, but he turned his back towards the door.

 

"You're going to do it. Whether you like it or not. I've said it already, this is your faith. This is our faith. Our family's legacy..."

 

"....Or else I'm going to kill her."

 

His grandfather last words left him stunned as he leaves his office. Dumfoanded.

 

--------

 

"So.. what are your plans now? 

 

The latter asked, as she looked at him. Before drinking her can of beer in her hands.

 

"Plans for?" 

 

He answered absent mindly. She glared at his innocent, cool expression. She shook her head, maybe he's spacing out again. She thought.

 

"You know... you only have a year and a half. Are you still finding her?"

 

"Who?"

 

"Dammit Yoong. Quit that parroting will you? Aish."

 

He just looked at her and sighed. Drinking it on one take, he finishes his beer and throw the can somewhere. He wipes off his mouth before answering her.

 

"It's been 8 years noona. Fcking 8 years of searching her. But still, whatever I do, I can't find her. I don't know if it's me or she was also hiding to me."

 

He smiled bitterly, messing his hair in frustration. Tapping his back and comforting him was the only thing thaat she could do. 

 

Ugh. If I can just be in his place I'll not let him do this. I don't want him to suffer. His Ailee Noona thought, 

 

"I year and 6 months from now, do you think all of us will be okay after this?"

 

He mumbled through  his words. She looked at him directly, but he just looked at away. Damn, I don't know what to say. I'm his sister, I should be the one who's gaving him strength, comforting him, but I was left speechless at that time. Ailee speak to her mind. 

 

1 year and  months from now, what will happened to us? Yoong think, but he just shook his head and bit his lips. I don't know. 

 

"I'm losing my hope Noona. It feels like I want to give up."