Chapter 13 - Acceptance

A Complicated Regard

Taehyung walked out of the wash room with a towel over his dripping wet hair. He had just taken what was supposed to be a relaxing but turned to be a stressful and worry filled shower and now made his way to his bed to lie down heavily on it and check if he had any missed calls or unread messages on his phone.

There were none.

 

A cold, hair standing sensation passed the back of his neck and it marked the presence of his beloved companion.

“Still no reply,” Taehyung stated, answering Jungkook’s unasked question. Jungkook, worried for obvious reasons, asked, “It’s been three days, hasn’t it?” Taehyung nodded silently and scrolled down the phone.

It had been three days since Taehyung had asked for Hoseok to leave him. And it had been three days that Hoseok had only given a different answer from what Taehyung and Jungkook both wanted. And if that wasn’t frustrating enough, Hoseok went to the extent of disappearing from class and as well as through phone.

 

“What do we do now?” the ghost asked innocently, his head turning from the screen of the electronic device in the orange haired male’s hand to the mentioned boy’s face.

Taehyung thought it best and fit to not let Jungkook worry. So he decided to keep the atmosphere light. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously and turned to Jungkook with an all too y and teasing smirk. “What do you want to do now?” he asked, one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows perking up.

One look at the elder’s face and Jungkook became a blushing rabbit. “Hyung!” he whined and then bit his lips in embarrassment. “That’s not funny,” he pouted. Taehyung merely shrugged his shoulders not so innocently as if he had no idea of his teasing looks. “Whatever do you mean, Jungkookie?”

Jungkook tried not to roll his eyes at the undying cuteness of his hyung as he continued to blush like crazy.

“Seriously, Jungkook,” Taehyung said, feigning a sudden shade of gravity and seriousness. All his tease was gone and his face turned to a slow sadness when he didn’t hear the answer he wanted.

The blushing didn’t stop. But Jungkook’s stuttering answer left his bunny teeth and trembling lips in a faint whisper. “I… I wan… I want to kiss you.” His voice slowly faded to almost an inaudible one that Taehyung could barely catch it. But lucky that Taehyung did and he didn’t need to be told twice. So he closed his eyes and waited for that familiar cold but sweet, soft cream like sensation on his lips. And it came softly after.

It was just a tiny peck but it made the translucent boy’s immaterial heart beat faster in delight. Taehyung laughed at the speck of the kiss but he was strangely half satisfied too. “Will that do?” Taehyung asked, trying not to sound too disappointed. He opened his eyes, those dark brown orbs his, and met the slightly darker colored ones which belonged to none other than the adorable cold bodied boy.

 

It wasn’t that he didn’t want more too. But Jungkook felt a little too decent (and embarrassed) to say it so he nodded briskly. The elder smiled warmly and remarked the obvious.

“You’re so adorable, Jungkook.”

And he caught the ghost’s wrist and pulled him closer to his own body. The familiar coldness enveloped Taehyung’s chest and hands and he knew that Jungkook was close enough. For now.

“I love you,” Taehyung’s sonorous voice turned to a tiny whisper but it was laced with re-assurance and feeling. He leaned in for another kiss and both males savored it, lasting for quite some time. Jungkook smiled into the kiss and replied as he pulled away ever so slightly. “I love you too,” he whispered back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Being the deemed president of the student body had its perks and shortcomings. Perks like getting that deserving (and a little extra) attention, information about the latest news from either the students or the teachers and unlimited but decent power over the students. But the shortcomings were tedious. One such included Namjoon to come to school early every once in a while to prepare for the daily routine.

With earphones on his ears, he drummed his fingers onto imaginary drum sets in the air and approached the door to the council room. But when he put in the key, he found to his surprise that the lock had been already turned leaving the council room totally vulnerable to any student and teacher alike.

Did I not lock it yesterday? He questioned himself and pulled out the earphone off his ears. He pocketed them and pushed open the doors only to reveal the empty expected Council room. Only, it wasn’t as empty as expected.

“Good morning, Pres,” Youngjae wished all too bubbly. Namjoon forced himself not to grimace and wished the well wisher back before asking what he was doing there “You know you’re no allowed in here unless you’re a member of the Council.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes at the sentence. Stupid rules. “I just wanted to see someone,” said he and approached the ivory haired male with the worth dying for dimples. “I’m sorry,” Namjoon apologized obliviously. “Jin hyung hasn’t come yet as you can see. He’ll be here in a short while though,” he added while recalling his last text. Jin had indicated that he was also on his way to school to help out with any pending works.

Now the blonde scoffed disgustedly and spat out that he wasn’t waiting for Jin. “Oh,” Namjoon replied monotonously, trying to make his way to his desk but couldn’t with the shorter male right in front of him. “Then I suppose you know someone else from the student body?” Namjoon continued, not wanting to seem rude.

“Something like that,” Youngjae replied and reached out for Namjoon’s neck being close enough by then and pulled him in for a rough kiss.

Namjoon was simply too stupefied to react properly because What the heck?

 

 

A loud thud resonated from the doorway. Namjoon pushed Youngjae away a little too hardly and turned to the source of the sound only to face a furious looking Jin with his school bag fallen to the floor. Namjoon swore his boyfriend looked so angry that he could kill anyone at the moment, including him.

“You little ,” Jin breathed out dangerously and Namjoon flinched even though it wasn’t directed to him. Jin’s dark glare only rested on the over confident certified brat beside Namjoon who clicked his tongue disrespectfully, annoyed at the fact that they were disturbed. He also managed to speak a small sentence in a low growling voice, “What the heck is he doing here?”

Namjoon gulped loudly. was about to go down alright.

 

 

 

 

 

It would be a lie to say that Jimin wasn’t distracted during Yoona’s recital. And he felt horrible about it. But it wasn’t his fault that Yoongi had to turn towards him every five seconds and give him that y smirk of his thus distracting the baby faced, abs filled male. And no, Jimin didn’t ‘find’ it y. Instead, he found it annoying; apparently.

“Stop that,” Jimin warned in a hushed tone. He didn’t want to disturb Mr. and Mrs. Min who were listening to their child playing the flute on the stage so beautifully. But Yoongi shook his head childishly and stared at him from right beside him. Oh God Why?

Jimin felt a blush creep up his cheeks whenever Yoongi turned which meant that he was blushing throughout the whole recital. But he thought it best not to admit that.

 

And Yoongi, being the creep he was, after being told off by Jimin, resorted to full on glare at the younger male beside him. And he didn’t regret it at all. This way, he saw the small features of the small boy. The way his cheeks reddened up slowly but surely, the way he swallowed nervously to know that he was being stared at, the way his whole face tensed up just to know that Yoongi was staring at him – Yoongi found it adorable and he didn’t think for one second that it was creepy.

 

The audience clapped and Jimin let out a small whimper. He couldn’t listen to Yoona’s performance because of that stupid Min Yoongi giving him the creeps right beside him. Why did he even agree to come anyway?

Because you promised Yoona, you idiot! His brain spoke to him.

 

 

It was already nine in the evening when the red car in which the Min family and Jimin were travelling in reached the drive way of Yoongi’s house. “Thanks so much for coming, Jimin oppa,” Yoona said and turned to Jimin who sat very comfortably on the extreme side, far away from Yoongi.

“You’re very welcome, Yoona,” Jimin smiled in reply, not sparing even a single glance to the person next to Yoona. Mr. and Mrs. Min unbelted their seat belts from the front and turned back, thanking Jimin once again for coming. Jimin bowed gratefully for taking him along.

 

“Oppa,” Yoona urged anxiously, right as he was about to unlatch the door and head home. “On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate my performance tonight?”

Crap!

“Uhh,” Jimin started. How the heck was he supposed to say that he didn’t pay attention the whole time? How the heck was he supposed to say that and crush the dreams and those puppy dog eyes of the sweet and innocent Yoona?

“Obviously it would be a ten out of ten, right Jiminnie?” Yoongi interrupted. Mr. and Mrs. Min shared a knowing laugh; like they knew something that Jimin didn’t. Yoongi continued to lie through his teeth, “I mean your posture was great for starters. You seemed nervous at the beginning but you caught up by the tenth beat. But don’t think we didn’t miss that flat tone in the middle even though most did,” much to the amazement of Jimin. How the hell did he know that? Wasn’t he just annoying him the whole time? Perhaps it was just his imagination. Yes, it was probably just Jimin’s imagination that he saw Yoongi stare at only him although the performance.

“Wow oppa,” Yoona remarked mischievously. Her lips curved up to a huge sarcastic smile and her eyes crinkled unnecessarily due to the fakeness. “I’m so proud of your multi-tasking skills,” she said. Yoongi chuckled, knowing that he was caught. After all they were sitting right in the view of Yoona while she was performing.

Jimin, however, wasn’t very sure what the siblings were talking about anymore. But he decided not to question anything so he unlatched the door of the car and thanked them once more, mentioning all of their names and tipping grateful bows to them except to Yoongi.

 

“Wait,” Yoongi called out before Jimin could fully go out of the vehicle. What now?

Yoongi ran out of the car to Jimin’s side and offered to walk him home. Jimin wasn’t impressed in the slightest. “Really?” he said flatly. “Like are you serious? I live right next door,” said the ebony haired male and refrained himself from insulting the son in front of the parents. But the parents didn’t seem to notice his annoyed tone and just said that Yoongi should drop Jimin home, not allowing the younger to protest.

 

Left with no other choice, Jimin walked behind Yoongi until they reached Jimin’s house after an approximation of thirty steps. No words were exchanged though, that is until the very moment when Jimin tried to turn the knob to the front door of his house.

Jimin tried to walk inside the house without a word but Yoongi was quicker when he pushed the door shut suddenly. “What…” Jimin began to complain when he felt himself being pulled into the elder’s body again. He shut his eyes with so much force and readied himself for one of those painstaking kisses that Yoongi would force on him but it never came.

Jimin opened his eyes slowly, fearfully. And his heart did a jump rope competition alone to see Yoongi’s face right in front of him. Like. Right. In. Front. Of. Him.

Too scared and nervous to even take breaths, he held it in, waiting for the elder to let go of his waist. Apparently, he was too annoyed to even notice how close their bodies were. And he was too ‘annoyed’ to notice how Yoongi’s flimsy arms felt against his waits. And he was most definitely too ‘annoyed’ notice how well their bodies fit snuggly around each other, like overly clichéd pieces of jig saw puzzles.

Yoongi’s gaze never left Jimin’s surprised and frozen features. But after a while, he chuckled softly as he chose not to kiss the younger boy but to merely hug him.

 

What the actual heck is going on? Jimin’s mind whirred to realize that the elder boy was hugging him. He was really hugging him!

“Jimin,” Yoongi breathed out softly, his hot breath lingering on the nape of Jimin’s, leaving Jimin’s body to tingle in excitement and nervousness. The younger, at that moment, didn’t bother recalling that he hated the person with him because his brain was too tired and confused to catch up with his thundering heart.

 

“You can breathe, you know,” Yoongi concluded his sentence but never let go of his hold.

 

Jimin gasped in shakily, coming to the sudden realization that (a) Yoongi was hugging him and (b) Yoongi was friggen hugging him!

He pushed the elder male away by the chest and stammered with wide unfocusing eyes. “You ert! You creep! You you…” It went on and on until Yoongi started to laugh. And Jimin was too embarrassed to retort because when he saw Yoongi letting out that handsome laugh of his, his brain had finally caught up with his heart, leading him to realize that Yoongi did look handsome when he laughed.

“I hate you!”  Jimin screamed at Yoongi in a not very manly way and forced open the door behind Yoongi and ran inside.

 

 

 

 

Hoseok sighed for the umpteenth time that day. He was currently lying below his best friend and kept playing with his phone. And honestly, his best friend, whom he was freeloading off for the past three days, was getting annoyed at the mere action.

“I know you’re going through a tough time, but don’t be a depressed about it,” Sangwon, the honey blonde teen, who was currently reading in the middle of a manga, while leaning on the wall beside the bed, spoke out. Hoseok said nothing and took the insult silently. He wasn’t in the mood to do anything which proved Sangwon right. He was being a depressed about everything.

“Look,” Sangwon said and put down the book after rolling his eyes. “I feel for you, Hoseok, I really do. Having your boyfriend ask for a break up after he’s found someone better? Yeah it . But what can you do about it?”

Hoseok sighed again and it irked every nerve of the honey blonde haired male. He turned his phone on and off for a couple more times, not responding to his best friend. Finally, he spoke out in a meek voice, “Yah, Yano.” Yano was Sangwon’s pet name, only to be called by family and close friends. “Wanna go out with me?”

 

Sangwon, or Yano, who was almost back into his world of mangas and two dimensional characters, widened his eyes in utter bewilderment and turned to the person who said the very last sentence. He let out a stifled, high pitched giggle and said in an equally very not-manly, high pitched squeak, “What the ?”

Hoseok caught Sangwon’s expression and quickly corrected himself. “Not in that way, you idiot!” he shouted aloud but there was a small blush creeping up his cheeks. “I meant to the departmental store. I need something to eat and your fridge is empty,” Hoseok continued, completely ignoring the heating up of his cheeks.

Sangwon exaggerated a sigh and clutched to his chest in relief. “Phew,” he said and wiped his non-existent sweat on his forehead with his other hand. “For a second there I thought you were really asking me… Wait a second,” he said, suddenly catching the depravity of Hoseok’s sentence. “What do you mean my fridge is empty?”

“I emptied it a few hours ago,” Hoseok said, standing up from Sangwon’s bed and checked his pockets for his wallet. He found it in the back pocket of his jeans.

Sangwon whimpered, “You finished my food?” His eyes had already formed a blanket of tears around the corners.

“Yes,” Hoseok said blandly. He tried not to be caught off guard by his best friend’s adorable display of the puppy dog eyes but he failed miserably at it. Damn that Sangwon and his puppy dog eyes. “I’ll restock it for you,” he said at the end and it made Sangwon bark happily (metaphorically of course).

“Yay!” he yelled out in glee and hugged Hoseok, throwing away whatever was on his lap. “You’re the best best friend ever,” he said, childishly and jumped off of Hoseok’s body, saying that he needed to change his shorts first.

During this time, Hoseok tried to recall every little moment he spent with Taehyung. He was definitely happy back then with Taehyung. And Taehyung seemed happy too. So how did Taehyung suddenly come up with the excuse of even saying that he wasn’t in love with him anymore? Did he meet someone better? And if that was the case, how could Taehyung be so cold hearted and leave him just like that?

 

“Come on, best friend!” Sangwon said cheerfully and walked to the door in his new skinny jeans which went perfectly well with his light grey shirt. “You have a fridge to restock!”

Hoseok rolled his eyes. So Sangwon considered him his best friend only because he agreed to fill the fridge.

“Fine,” he growled out, regretting every moment of even entertaining the thought to fill Sangwon’s fridge. But before he headed out of his best friend’s house (who was cheerfully skipping in front of him!) to the streets, he quickly typed in a text into his phone and pressed the sent option.

 

“We need to talk. School terrace. Tomorrow”

 

“Hurry up, Hoseok,” Sangwon said. He was already a few meters away from Hoseok. Assumingly, he was excited to get a free refill of his beloved refrigerator.

 

 

 

 

 

The sky darkened slowly but surely as the rain laden clouds grayed the skies. All the while, Taehyung sat down on one of the benches upon reaching the school roof top. He glanced around to see if anyone was around but there was no one there besides him and his invisible friend.

“I’m nervous,” Taehyung said out softly which caught Jungkook’s ever sensitive ears. “What if something bad happens? What if he pushes me off the roof top?” He said. His eyes continued to waver continuously on the surroundings as his mind registered what he had just said. He sounded stupid. Hoseok would never do that.

Would he?

 

Jungkook thought that this was highly unlikely. So a soft chuckle of amusement left the ghost’s pale lips and his features softened involuntarily. His ice cold hands reached out for Taehyung’s converse warm cheeks and he cupped them gently, carefully; with all the regard that anyone could ever muster up. “Hyung,” he whispered.

This mere action provided Taehyung all the confidence he needed because his dithering brown orbs finally fixed themselves on Jungkook’s slightly darker ones. And unintentionally, they regained the particular gleam in them.

“Don’t worry,” the drifting boy continued, trying his best to guarantee the orange haired. “Whatever happens,” he said and gave him the most amiable smile in the history of mankind, dead or alive, “I’m right here beside you.”

 

Not allowing the elder to react, Jungkook closed his eyes and automatically leaned in for a soft peck on the hyung’s incredibly supple lips. And the moment the two different lips made contact, pure magic happened.

For the elder, a surge of spine chilling goose bumps ran through his body making all his worries, his thoughts and all his awareness of the world – everything – vanish in a flash. His eyes closed involuntarily as a reaction of the not-so-sudden contact and its cold sweetness made his mind all mushy and confused and it reminded him of only pleasantness and congenial things. But he didn’t mind it one bit. In fact, he was willing to live this kind of confusion every single day.

Time seemed to slow down the second Jungkook’s lips grazed Taehyung’s lightly. And maybe it really did because both males drowned in the sugar dusted layer of the kiss; not bothering about anything else around them.

 

A soft purr resonated through the darkening skies right as Jungkook pulled away from the warm contact. And his eyes re-opened slowly, which in turn led to the pinking but freezing cheeks.

Taehyung let out a slow even breath from his recently kissed lips and he too re-opened his eyes ever so slowly. And once again, those gleaming chocolate orbs of wonders found Jungkook’s sparkling ones and the (ill fated) lovers displayed satisfied smiles simultaneously.

 

No words were exchanged.

Only the cold chilly winds indicating the coming of the rain blew past them.

But before the sky grew completely dark, before the tiny droplets from the dark clouds began to pour, and right before Hoseok walked up to the school terrace to tell Taehyung what was on his mind, Jungkook and Taehyung continued to lose themselves in the affable calmness of the demeanor of each other.

 

 

A/N:

Hi! I'm back... (But it's only for a short while though... T^T)

 

I felt this chapter was a little awkward... But thanks for sticking through. Man, I really love you guys. I promise to write better...

As always, feel free to comment, criticize, subscribe and upvote

 

Indefinitely, 

TypicalFangirl09