Tanzanite

Memory Box

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back with a sequal. This was quite a cute wee story (is it bad to say that about my own work?) and I just couldn't resist writing a follow up to it. I tried to write this one a little differently, so hopefully it reads more as a story than the kind of script style I usually do so I apologise for the dodgy title and I hope you enjoy it :D


 

It was their eighth wedding anniversary and Kyuhyun had just woken to the wonderful honey gold glow of sunrise and the smell of breakfast cooking. Rolling out of bed and tiptoeing into the kitchen, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Zhou Mi’s waist as he hummed happily “Happy anniversary handsome.”

“Happy anniversary baby.”

“I thought we agreed last year you didn’t have to cook today.”

Looking back at the younger with a small mischievous smile he breathed airily “The alternative is you cook and I can’t allow that.”

“Hyung you’ve been teaching me to cook for eight years, why don’t you trust me?” he asked pouting as cutely as he could manage, but it quickly melted back to a smile as Zhou Mi looked at him “Because last week I saw what you did to the toaster.”

“...I didn’t break it and I cleaned it afterwards.”

“Yes, but you still covered everything in melted cheese.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I promise it won’t happen again.”

“Good... now that’s settled can you set the table?” planting a kiss on the elder’s cheek as he left the kitchen, Kyuhyun went to set the table and had just placed the last fork down when Zhou Mi came in with breakfast. Glancing down at the rather unusual plateful, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but giggle as Zhou Mi sat down holding a bottle of champagne and two glasses “We’ve had this breakfast every year on our anniversary and yet you still giggle at the idea of bubbles with breakfast.” looking across at the elder with a shy smile, Kyuhyun shrugged slightly “I know, but it’s still strange to me.” he muttered as a gentle blush began to spread across his cheeks.

“Well you have many more years to get used to it.”

Smiling happily as their glasses met, they were interrupted by a small child rubbing his eyes and clutching a teddy bear. “Appa, I had a bad dream.”

Pulling the boy up onto his knee, Kyuhyun hugged him tightly and placed a kiss on the crown of his head. “It’s okay, appa’s here.”

“D-did I interrupt you?”

“It’s not important, what was your dream about?” with tears quickly rolling down his chubby cheeks he held onto Kyuhyun’s ribs tightly. “You and appa MiMi left me and never wanted to see me again.” watching as he nuzzled into Kyuhyun’s chest almost shaking, Zhou Mi quickly slid round and hugged them both tightly as he and Kyuhyun shared a worried look. “Jisoo you know we’d never do that, we love you.”

“Do you promise?”

“We promise!”

Beginning to calm down as Zhou Mi wiped away his tears with a warm smile, Jisoo saw the breakfast sitting on the table. Realizing he had interrupted something and trying to hide how guilty he felt slowly stuttered. “O-okay... should I go back to bed?”

“Do you want to go back to bed?”

“I’d kinda like breakfast.” glad to see Jisoo smiling again, Zhou Mi nodded as he sat back slightly. “Who do you want to make it?”

“Appa MiMi.”

Putting on a look of mock hurt as he turned to face Jisoo, Kyuhyun did his best not to laugh as he asked “What I’m not even trusted to pour cereal?” watching as Jisoo stopped crying and began giggling playfully, Kyuhyun hugged the young boy tight wearing a warm smile. Slowly pushing Kyuhyun away as he turned to face him, Jisoo almost fell off his knee as he asked shyly “Appa... can I ask you something?”

“Of course you can.”

“Why don’t I have an umma?”

With tears quickly pooling in his eyes, Kyuhyun tried not to let them fall as he stuttered. “A-are you not happy with us?” seeing the tears forming in his appa’s eyes, Jisoo hugged him tightly as the feeling of guilt quickly returned. “Appa I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you! I am happy, I love you both b-but the other kids make fun of me.”

“Because you have two appas?”

“Yeah.”

“Would you rather have an umma?”

“No, I want my appas!”

Chuckling softly as Jisoo tightened his hug, Kyuhyun picked up the fallen teddy bear and handed it back to him. “Okay... so if we love you and you love us then does it matter what the other kids say?” tilting his head with a spaced out look, Jisoo nodded happily as if to say that helped and after a short pause asked rather bluntly “Appa, do you love appa MiMi?” looking across to the kitchen where Zhou Mi was dancing, Kyuhyun sighed happily “So very much.”

Smiling as Zhou Mi re-entered with cereal, toast and orange juice for Jisoo, Kyuhyun winked at him playfully earning a kiss from the elder. Tapping on the young boys shoulder to get him to sit in his own chair, Zhou Mi smiled as he sat down glancing across the table at Kyuhyun. “So what were my two favourite boys talking about?” watching the smile quickly disappeared from Kyuhyun’s face as he began playing with his food, Zhou Mi subconsciously frowned “Apparently the kids at Jisoo’s school have been teasing him.”

“Why?”

“Because of us.”

“Oh...”

Not catching the unspoken conversation between his parents, Jisoo began chewing a piece of toast as he thought aloud “Kyu appa, how did you have me without an umma?”

“We adopted you when you were very little.”

“Did you want a son?”

“We weren’t sure, but then we saw you and you were just so perfect.”

“How old was I?”

“You were 10 weeks when we brought you home.”

“Do you ever regret it?”

“Never.”

Glancing over at Jisoo who was still gnawing at his toast, Zhou Mi watched for a moment feeling like there was something else he wasn’t telling them. “Is there something bothering you Jisoo?”

“No appa.”

Jisoo...”

“It’s nothing appa.”

“Please tell us?”

“You always say that you’re proud of me... would you still be if I fall in love with a girl?”

“Of course we will... as long as she’s good enough for you.”

“Appa!?”

Trying not to laugh at Kyuhyun’s almost joke, Zhou Mi smiled as he tried to reassure Jisoo “Kyu appa was just joking, but it’s not something we need to worry about right now.”

Sticking his tongue out at Zhou Mi as he finally laughed, Kyuhyun smiled hoping to change the subject. “...So, Jisoo what do you want to do today?” cuddling his teddy as he finished his breakfast, Jisoo hummed as he thought about it “Hmm... Kyu appa, can you teach me to play the pianyo?” pinching his son’s cheek at the sheer cuteness of his mispronunciation, Kyuhyun was on the verge of aegyo and almost sang “Aww of course sweetie. In fact, why don’t I show you one of appa MiMi’s songs?”

Watching Jisoo’s jaw drop as he turned to look at his pouting appa, Kyuhyun giggled as Zhou Mi continued using his bacon as a fork while Jisoo gushed “Appa MiMi, you’ve written songs?!”

“Well... one or two.”

“Oh stop being modest hyung, you’ve recorded 5 albums.”

“Appa, please teach me to play one of your songs?”

“I don’t know how to play anything, Kyu appa will have to teach you.”

“I have an idea, why don’t I teach you piano and appa MiMi can teach you Chinese?”

Gasping in awe at his appas talents, Jisoo swung his legs happily as he hugged his teddy bear almost giggling. “Coolest appas ever!” smiling as he headed over to the piano, Kyuhyun sat down and gestured Jisoo to sit next to him while Zhou Mi cleared up before disappearing into their bedroom. Re-appearing about three hours later to find that Jisoo had mastered two of his songs and was half-way through learning a third, Zhou Mi pulled up a chair and sat watching them play.

“Appa, how did you write the sheet music if you don’t play anything?”

“Kyu appa offered to write it out for me, though I think that was just so he could avoid his publisher.”

“What, I can’t help my husband out because I want to it has to be because I’m avoiding something?”

“How did he know what to write though?”

“I hummed it, then he’d play it back until it sounded right at which point he wrote it out and then he played it again and I sang it so we could add the lyrics to the sheets.”

Gasping as he turned, Jisoo looked at Zhou Mi with wide eyed amazement “Appa, I didn’t know you sang.” smiling warmly Zhou Mi looked down at his hands trying to be modest, and with a tone implying he thought the younger was better said “So does Kyu appa.” caught off guard as Jisoo stopped mid-bar and hugged them both, Kyuhyun chuckled as he returned the hug “What was that for?”

“For being the best appas anyone could hope for.”

“When you hit your teens remember you said that.”

“Just because I don’t always say it doesn’t mean I don’t believe it, I couldn’t have better parents than you.”

Spotting a small wet spot on the floor Zhou Mi looked back up and seeing the light dance over a tear track on his husband’s cheek asked concerned “...Kyuhyun are you crying?” suddenly worried he’d said the wrong thing Jisoo looked up on the verge of tears “Appa?”

“I’m happy, don’t worry.”

“...MiMi appa, I don’t understand.”

“Well, what you said made us both very happy and tears of joy are how your silly appa decided to show it.”

“But Kyu appa never cries! I’ve never seen him cry before.”

Frowning for a moment, Zhou Mi looked up at his still teary partner confused “When was the last time you cried?”

“When you proposed.”

“What’s proposed?”

“When he asked me to marry him.”

“Appa, what was your wedding like?”

“Well... we can put the dvd on and show you, or we can get appa MiMi to sing while you play.”

“I wanna hear appa sing!”

Spending the rest of the afternoon at the piano, Jisoo had quickly switched seats with Zhou Mi and had spent most of the time watching happily as his appas sang together. Whispering away in questionably pronounced Chinese, Kyuhyun saw Jisoo falling awake in his chair and finally noticing the time stopped playing. “Jisoo sweetie, it’s time for bed.”

“But... I’m not even tired.”

“Yes you are, off to bed!”

Watching Jisoo slide off the chair and head to his room, Zhou Mi took Kyuhyun’s hand and without saying a word slipped into their room. “Hyung, what are you doing?” stealing a kiss as he shut the door, Zhou Mi smiled as a pink tint coloured the younger’s cheeks “It’s our anniversary, I wanted to give you your gift.” raising an eyebrow with a mischievous chuckle, Kyuhyun slipped his arms round Zhou Mi’s neck “Shouldn’t we wait until Jisoo’s asleep?”

“Not that... yet.”

“Oh~ okay, then what did you mean?”

“I mean I got my baby something special.”

“Again, we should wait till he’s asleep.”

“Well aren’t you sweet... but seriously, turn around.”

Turning to see a blue box sitting on the bed, Kyuhyun hugged Zhou Mi tight and whispered “Hyung you didn’t have to.”

“I wanted to, come on open it.”

Sitting on the bed and unwrapping it as instructed, Kyuhyun produced a pair of bronze bookends from the box.

“I thought it might help stop your books wandering about the shelf in the middle of the night.”

“They’re beautiful... oh they’re engraved.”

“Yeah, they let me engrave them myself.”

“Well that explains why it’s in Chinese. Okay, let’s see if I can read it... ‘From the day we met, until our last, I will never stop falling in love with you.’ ...oh hyung!” sitting them down and meeting the elder in a passionate kiss, Kyuhyun held him close as it broke. “So you really like them?”

“They’re amazing...” interrupted by the sound of Kyuhyun’s books sliding off their shelf, they chuckled softly as they stood to pick them up again “Hey hyung, why do you keep insisting these be out on display?”

“Because you’re an amazing writer and shouldn’t feel the need to hide your work.”

“Then why can’t I keep your cd’s out?”

“You can keep them out when you appear on one.”

“I’m not si... you’ve been pushing this a lot recently, what’s going on?”

“I’ve written a duet and there’s no one I’d rather sing it with than you.”

“Hyung why didn’t you just say that?”

“So will you sing with me?”

“Of course I will.”

Leaning in close Kyuhyun stopped just shy of the elder’s lips and began rummaging under the bed.

“I’m just gonna skip over the ‘what happened to my kiss’ bit, what are you doing?”

“Getting my gift to you.”

Sitting on the bed watching as Kyuhyun pulled several stupid faces before producing a bundle of fabric tied with a lace ribbon, Zhou Mi couldn’t help the look of confusion that had slipped onto his face.

“I know it doesn’t look like much...”

“It’s certainly intriguing.” carefully pulling the bow out and unfolding the bundle to reveal a tanzanite blue linen blanket decorated with lace and covered with embroidery, Zhou Mi ran his fingers over the stitching stunned “This is amazing.”

“I made it myself.”

“Even all the embroidery?”

“Mhmm.”

“Oh and it’s got bronze fabric on the back!”

“...It’s covered in Chinese and you comment on the under-fabric.”

Flipping it over to read the stitching, Zhou Mi turned and meeting the younger’s lips pushed him back to the bed. Curling up next to Zhou Mi under the blanket, Kyuhyun smiled as he tried to catch his breath “Well as far as interruptions go it’s one of my favourites but I wasn’t actually finished.”

“What does it speak Chinese too?”

“Not that I know of...”

“So on top of this incredible blanket and agreeing to sing on my next album you have something else up your sleeve.”

“Well I would say yes but I don’t seem to have a sleeve at this precise moment.”

“Stop trying to be cute or you’ll be interrupted again.”

“Speaking of cute, why were you pouting at breakfast?”

“It’s nothing.”

Turning round to face Zhou Mi properly, Kyuhyun couldn’t help the look of concern creeping into his face “Hyung please tell me what bothered you?” unable to meet the younger’s eyes, Zhou Mi let out a small sigh “...I don’t like it when you call me hyung.”

“What?”

“I know it’s stupid but I just don’t like it.”

“Wait so you pouted because I called Jisoo ‘sweetie’?”

“...And ‘sweetheart’.”

“Oh baby, that’s adorable.”

Looking up at Kyuhyun who was smiling sweetly back at him, Zhou Mi blushed as he stuttered “Y-you...”

“If it bothers you that much of course I won’t do it... intentionally.”

“I suppose its force of habit after all these years.”

Pausing for a moment, Kyuhyun spaced out slightly as his smile faded away “Hey hyu... I mean...”

“You don’t have to stop calling me it, just now and again maybe drop in something sweeter.”

“Okay babe.”

“Thanks... so what were you trying to say?”

“I never did thank you.”

“What for?”

“Eight years ago yesterday I made the biggest mistake of my life, I never thanked you for finding me.”

Caught off guard as a tear land on his chest, Zhou Mi hugged the younger tight like he’d never let go “Kyuhyun baby don’t cry, you know I’d never stop looking until I found you.”

“But I ran away on our wedding day, I could have missed out on all this... I could’ve missed out on spending every day with you and I would never have known our son...”

“Listen to me, there isn’t any what ifs about how that would have played out. I love you too much to lose you, even if you shatter my heart into a million pieces I’d still have to find you.”

“I think there’s an again missing from that sentence.” chuckling softly as Kyuhyun began to calm down, Zhou Mi gently kissed the younger’s forehead and whispered “Are you okay now?”

“Yeah, I think so...”

“Wǒ ài nǐ Guī Xián.”

“I love you too MiMi.”

“Maybe you should get some sleep.”

“But w-“

“Whatever it is can wait until tomorrow.”

“...Yeah though fair enough it’s a little thing and it can wait till tomorrow, I was actually going to say we need to put pj’s on first.”

“Why?”

“It’s Jisoo’s birthday tomorrow which means he’ll bound in here first thing in the morning so we need to be dressed.”

“You did get a card right?”

“Yes and everything’s wrapped.”

“What would I do without you?”

“Get a lot more done since I wouldn’t be able to distract you?”

“Oh... well getting stuff done is overrated.”

Stealing a tender kiss, Kyuhyun smiled as he whispered “Please don’t ever leave me.”

“I would never, you’re stuck with me.”

Standing up to get pyjamas and to sign Jisoo’s card, Zhou Mi placed the card with the presents before sliding back under the blanket next to Kyuhyun. Waking up the following morning as Jisoo bounded in as predicted, Kyuhyun tried to pin him down in a hug but he quickly wriggled free.

“Aww I only wanted a hug.”

“Appa, do you know what today is?”

“Is it... Sunday?”

“Appa!”

“I know it’s your birthday, how could I forget?”

Curling up between his appas, Jisoo giggled happily as Kyuhyun finally got his hug. Not noticing Zhou Mi had stood up until he looked down to the foot of the bed, Jisoo froze as he saw the pile of gifts now sitting beyond their feet.

“Wow...”

“Happy birthday Jisoo.”

“C-can I?”

“Go on.”

Shifting closer to Zhou Mi as Jisoo crawled towards the presents, Kyuhyun sighed happily as wrapping paper fell like rain on the covers. Sharing a look as Jisoo squealed excitedly at the contents of the wrappings, they were caught off guard as Jisoo hugged them both tightly “Thank you appas!”

“You’re welcome sweetie.”

Interrupted by a knock at the door, Jisoo rubbed his eyes confused “Appa, who is that?”

“It’ll be one of your uncles, I bet its Leeteuk.”

“Ooh I’ll take that bet, I think it might be Siwon.”

Sliding out of bed to answer the door, Kyuhyun re-entered the room laughing light-heartedly.

“So who was it?”

“Our favourite pink bunny.”

Ducking out the way of Sungmin’s hand, they both laughed as Jisoo ran over to greet him “Uncle Sungmin!”

“There’s the birthday boy, wow you’re getting tall.”

“Uncle Sungmin, why did you try to hit appa?”

“He knows I hate it when people call me that, but that’s not important...”

Producing a large gift bag from behind his back, Sungmin smiled as Jisoo bounded about excitedly. Heading into the living room, they left Jisoo to open his present and walked into the kitchen “It’s good to see you again hyung.”

“You too, it’s been too long.”

“Is anyone else coming?”

“Yeah, they all are. We wouldn’t miss our favourite nephew’s birthday.”

“He’s your only nephew.”

“...True.”

“So what have we missed?”

“Uh let’s see, the last time we saw you was... 7 months ago, so you’ve missed... oh Donghae and Eunhyuk finally started dating!”

“Really? That’s great!”

“Yup! Also Leeteuk and Kangin are getting serious, as are Siwon and Shindong. Kibum is back and putting up with Heechul...” pausing dramatically with a look that read ‘good luck to them’ earned a giggle from Kyuhyun as he continued “Yesung and Ryeowook are engaged... and as of last night so are me and Henry.”

Standing stunned for a moment, Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin tightly “Congratulations!”

“Thanks... hey what’s up with MiMi?”

“Uh, he’s known Henry since they were little I guess he’s just shocked.”

“S-sorry, congrats hyung.”

“Are you okay MiMi? You seem a little spaced.”

“Yeah, I just remembered something Henry said to me years ago, it’s nothing.”

Letting go of Sungmin and heading over to Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun tried to hide his look of concern but slipped up when there was another knock at the door “Oh that’ll be Henry, I’ll get it.” waiting until Sungmin left the kitchen, Kyuhyun brought his hands to the elders neck and asked almost whispering “Baby are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine.”

“Please tell me, ‘cause it seems like you used to if not still have a thing for Henry.”

“I promise you I’ve never had a thing for Henry, it’s just something silly he said when we were younger.”

Stealing a kiss as tears pooled in his eyes, Kyuhyun tried to leave the room but was quickly pulled back by Zhou Mi “Baby wait, please don’t cry... I promise you’re the only man I have or ever will love, I-I can’t bear the thought of you mad at me.”

“I’m not mad, I just don’t understand why you can’t tell me.”

Looking into the living room where Henry and Sungmin were chatting, Zhou Mi placed a kiss on the younger’s forehead as he reached for his hand “It looks like he’ll tell you himself.” walking over wearing a huge smile quickly followed by Kyuhyun, Zhou Mi almost sang “Hey Henry, Sungmin told us the good news, congratulations!”

“Thanks hyung... hey I-I’m sorry for teasing you when we were little.”

“It’s okay, I told you the right guy would help you see sense.”

“Wait, what did he tease you about?”

“About liking guys, I know I was stupid and I’m so sorry.”

“Honestly it’s okay, you’re happy now that’s the main thing.”

“Really? ...Okay why are they sharing a weird look?”

Turning to see Kyuhyun and Sungmin staring at each other with a sudden look of realization, Zhou Mi giggled as they continued to process the information “So who asked who?”

“I asked Sungmin.”

“Cute little romantic, beat me to it.”

“Y-you were...”

“Mhmm, next week.”

“Aw our anniversary.”

“You two are so cute together... will you stay for breakfast.”

“We’d love to.”

“Uncle Henry!” turning to see Jisoo happily bound over looking for a hug, Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi left them to play while they made breakfast. Nearly squealing as two mystery arms attempted to crush his ribs, Kyuhyun spun round accidentally punching Ryeowook’s arm in the process. “Yah! Hyung don’t do that!”

“It wasn’t me, though since I got punched for it I feel I deserve a hug~”

Rolling his eyes as he hugged Ryeowook, Kyuhyun couldn’t help smile as Yesung quietly stepped back “Oh Sungmin told us the good news, congratulations on the engagement.”

“He told you?”

“Well as a lead up to his own good news, it’s cute when he tries to be subtle.”

“Good news?”

“They’re engaged too.”

“Aww, that’s great news. It’s nice that everyone in our group is doing so well.”

“Still, Heechul and Kibum is kind of an unusual pairing, I hope it doesn’t go up in flames.”

“Well Heechul’s involved I suppose if it ends flames could be a concern...”

“Flames could be a concern for whom?”

Turning to see Heechul leaning against the doorframe with his usual smirk, everyone fell quiet as Kibum appeared behind him.

“Hyung are you making people uncomfortable again?”

“No! ...maybe...”

“I’m sorry about him, you know what he’s like.”

“Well he seems to be getting better, you’re clearly having a good effect on him.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“Does this mean you’ll stay around this time hyung?”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

Finishing off breakfast and spending the rest of the day chasing after a very hyperactive Jisoo as the rest of the group gradually arrived, they all breathed a sigh of relief when Zhou Mi carried the sleeping boy to his room.

“Who knew a six year old could be so excitable.” Leeteuk gasped as he fell to the sofa. Raising his hand with an exhausted smile, Kyuhyun let out a chuckle as Siwon batted his hand down. “Well if you knew why didn’t you warn us?”

“I thought it went without saying, all kids are like that.”

Looking across the room with a mischievous grin, Ryeowook breathed airily “Just think Siwon-ah, it’ll be good practice in-case you and Shindong-ah ever think about having kids.” smiling sweetly as the rest of the room sat stunned, Siwon tried to hide his blush as he stuttered “W-well... Just b-because you say it so informally doesn’t make it any better.” welcoming Zhou Mi with a hug as Siwon and Shindong stepped away to talk in private, Kyuhyun leaned against the elders shoulder and pouted “So you get to throw spanners into the works yet I’m branded the evil one, that doesn’t seem fair.”

“I overheard them talking about it but Shindong kept supressing the subject, I thought I’d save Siwon getting into an argument over raising the subject again...”

“So, you made yourself the bad guy so Siwon wouldn’t be? That’s so sweet!”

“Only if it works, otherwise I think I’m off the Christmas card list.” seeing a light bulb flash above Yesung’s head, Ryeowook quickly continued “Oh and speaking of Christmas cards, you’ll be needing our new address.”

“You guys moved?”

“Well we’re all packed, just need to bring the boxes over.”

“Over?”

“We bought the apartment 2 floors up.”

“Soon we’ll all live in this building, don’t you think that’s too much dorkiness for such a confined space?”

“No... but I think it’s them asking to be pranked constantly.” looking up at Zhou Mi with shy embarrassment Kyuhyun muttered “...Hyung.”

“Baby you know I’m only kidding, you haven’t played a prank in 6 years.”

Trying not to be surprised as the whole room fell silent, Kyuhyun couldn’t help smile as Shindong and Siwon re-entered the room “I’m sorry, did we hear that right? You’ve not played a prank in 6 years?”

“You heard that from next door?”

“We’d finished talking when he said that... and I heard what Ryeowook said too.”

“So you’re okay?”

“Yeah, we are.”

“Actually, we have a confession.”

“...What did you do in our kitchen?”

“Not that! We weren’t sure if we going to announce this so soon but... we’re engaged.”

“Congrats!”

Turning to Kyuhyun and gasping semi-dramatically, Zhou Mi teased “3 upcoming weddings and I haven’t a thing to wear.” rolling his eyes at the less than subtle hint, Kyuhyun sighed heavily knowing what was coming “I guess that means we have to go shopping.”

“You could sound less bored by the idea.”

“I’ll be less bored when you stop judging everything I pick up.”

Pulling stupid faces at each other forgetting everyone else was there, Sungmin tilted his head hoping cuteness would stop them shouting at him for interrupting “Hey I’ve just realised you’ve caught up on all of us but we don’t know what’s new with you guys.”

“What’s new? My publisher is making me reconsider my entire career, and on cue everything falls off the shelf!”

“We should have put those bookends up last night, shouldn’t we?”

“It would have been the smart thing to do, yeah.”

“OH! One piece of good news, I finally convinced him to record for my new album.”

“...How?”

“Well he was holding a heavy metal object at the time.”

“I was? ...Oh right the bookend, but that wasn’t why... was it?”

“Of course not!” hugging the now teary elder, Kyuhyun did his best to lighten the mood “Well it’s not a true group reunion till someone cries, right?”

“Come on, how did he convince you?”

“Oh now that would be telling, you’ll just have to wait and find out.”

“...I hate to think what the cover art will be.”

“Funny you should say that, I actually have a proposition for you guys.”

“That’s not helping MiMi.”

“I wanted to ask if you’d also consider... well taking over my album.”

“Take over?”

“Well you’d be in all but 2 tracks.”

“So we’d be like a band?”

“Essentially, yeah.”

“Are you sure? For all you know we’re tone deaf.”

“Yes I’m sure and that’s just proof you all drink too much at norebangs.”

After explaining what would happen and everyone had agreed to at least show up to the studio, they quickly said their goodbyes as it was getting late. Curling up next to Zhou Mi on the sofa, Kyuhyun held him close and whispered “So is there something you want to tell me?”

“I’m kinda fed up with my job.”

“I thought you loved your job?”

“I do, I just don’t want to do it alone anymore.”

“What if people don’t like the new album?”

“They will, how could they not love you?”

“As long as you do I don’t care what they think.” meeting in a romantic kiss, Zhou Mi gently brushed the youngers cheek “So... what was this surprise you had yesterday?” taking Zhou Mi’s hand and heading towards their room, Kyuhyun smiled as he watched the elder sit on the bed and pulled the blanket over his legs “Well at least we’re on the same page.”

“What do you mean? All I did was sit down.”

“There was a reason I gave you the blanket first babe.”

“Oh? And what reason would that be?”

Pulling a box from under the bed, Kyuhyun slid under the blanket next to Zhou Mi and placed the box on his knee “So I could curl up under it with you silly.”

“What is this?”

“It’s your memory box, I noticed after the wedding you forgot about it so I’ve been adding to it over the years.”

“Aw Kyu... I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything, just open it.”

Spending hours going through pictures, poems and love letters of years past, Zhou Mi suddenly pulled Kyuhyun into a kiss sending the contents of the box all over the bed “What was that for?”

“Sometimes I forget how romantic you are.”

“All the better to surprise you then.”

“I’m glad you didn’t to show me yesterday, it was worth the wait.”

“I’m just glad you like it hyung.” pushing Kyuhyun back to the mattress, Zhou Mi tried to look as innocent as possible “Why wouldn’t I?” raising an eyebrow suspicious, Kyuhyun muttered with a small smile “Now do you want an answer or do you want me to take my shirt off?”

“Hmm the shirt off.”

After sending the already scattered contents onto the floor in various directions, Zhou Mi pulled the blanket up over Kyuhyun as he snuggled in close. Smiling reflectively Kyuhyun ran the back of his finger across the elder’s cheek and whispered “You really are a god among men.”

“Why would you say that?”

“You haven’t aged since the day we met, it’s hard not to feel inferior.”

“Y... you think I settled for you.”

“Didn’t you?”

“All these years... I thought you settled for me.”

“R-really? Baby you could do so much better there’s no way you’re the reacher.”

“Please, there’s no-one better than my baby’s daddy.” With his fingers now tangled in the elders hair, Kyuhyun looked into Zhou Mi’s eyes and paused “...Kiss me, like you did the day we met.” Nodding slightly, Zhou Mi leant in and gently pressed his lips against Kyuhyun’s. Watching as his eye’s sparkled just as they had all those years ago, Zhou Mi exhaled caught between a laugh and a cough “I’m glad you were so forward Kyuhyunnie, I don’t think we’d be here right now if you weren’t.”

“Don’t play coy hyung, I remember you said the reason you wanted to move there was me.”

“Well yeah but you are so handsome I’d never have been brave enough to ask had you not set the question up.”

“You said are.”

“Do I need to get a mirror for you?”

“No, but you might want to book an eye test.”

“You want me to stop finding you gorgeous?”

“No...”

“I know I probably shouldn’t ask, but are you sure you’re okay with the album.”

“Baby I’m not going to back out, I’m actually excited about it.” Breathing a sigh of relief, Zhou Mi hugged Kyuhyun tightly “You’ve no idea how happy that makes me.”

“Hey hyung, you know how you said that the 14 of us would be a band.”

“Yeah.”

“What would we be called?”

“...Super Junior.”