Epilogue

Coffee

“Hey, baby. I’m here again.” Yoongi smiled at his sleeping beauty sadly. “I’ve composed finished the song for you. I wish you were able to hear this.”

Yoongi sat down beside his sleeping beauty and his hair. The younger boy’s hair was drier than usual, yet it still held the scent that Yoongi loved all along. Taehyung looked so peaceful with his closed eyes as he laid there on the snow white bed sheet. The elder boy knew that he should have faith that Taehyung would wake up soon but it was slowly fading away.

It has been months since that very fateful accident that left his lover lying motionless on the bed. Yoongi hoped for any kind of reaction from his boyfriend. Just a simple little reaction would do, but it never seemed to occur. They say miracles do happen, but Yoongi was starting to believe otherwise.

Grabbing his guitar, Yoongi strummed the first chord, closing his eyes while reminiscing the times they had together. Everything felt so surreal; it felt as if they were both back to the beginning when they first fell in love with each other.

 

Baby baby, you’re a caramel macchiato
Your scent is still sweet on my lips
Baby baby tonight

 

Yoongi grumbled as he felt Jimin tugging on his sleeve for possibly the tenth time in half an hour. He tried to shake him off but being the stubborn boy he was, Jimin wasn’t budging. God, all Yoongi wanted was to eat his lunch in peace and clearly that was not going to happen.

“Hyung, look!” Jimin half whispered, half shouted as he pointed towards the table in front of them.

And there he was, staring back at Yoongi shyly. It was the first time their eyes met and Yoongi could safely say that he was mesmerized by the beautiful boy staring back at him. The elder boy simply wanted to do at that very moment was to protect and hold the younger boy close to him, and that was exactly what he did. Yoongi stood up and walked over to the taller boy, tapping his shoulder.

“Hey, what’s your name?” Yoongi questioned and sat down beside him.

“T-Taehyung.” The shy boy answered, blushing slightly.

“I’m Yoongi. And I’m going to kiss you now.” He tilted Taehyung’s chin and leaned in closer to kiss him. The latter’s lips felt so soft, Yoongi decided he could kiss him all day long.

 

Oh and I don’t drink macchiatos
You know that I started drinking americanos because of you
When we dated, I wondered what kind of taste this was
But this cold and bitter aftertaste makes sense now that you’re not here boy

 

Taehyung drank Americano every single day. It’s healthier, the younger would say, and Yoongi listened. Although the elder knew it wasn’t the case, he listened to the younger. He always listened to Taehyung.

“How does it taste?”

“Macchiato tastes better.”

“You’ll eventually fall in love with it, like how I fell in love with you.” Taehyung whispered softly, yet Yoongi managed to catch it.

 

If I’m gonna get used to everything like this, I would choose the full-of-regrets, playing with fire
Our heartless promises, countless mistakes and other wrongs, our unspeakable and small wounds
The glass filled with memories is more bitter as I drink it
But I think I know why I keep drinking it
Why am I getting so sad that everyone lives this way?

 

Those memories hit Yoongi like a tidal wave. Their little fights, their promises and their touches. The elder wanted to cry badly, but he couldn’t. Not in front of his precious. Out of all the promises he had broken, he could keep this for sure.

“Tae,” Yoongi rubbed his boyfriend’s back soothingly as tears streamed down his flawless face.

“Be strong for me.” Taehyung whispered almost inaudibly. His mother had just passed away and the younger was afraid of losing Yoongi as well. You could say that Yoongi was equivalent to Taehyung’s life now and the taller couldn’t imagine losing Yoongi.

“I promise.”

 

Baby tonight, have a good night
Our first text and phone call that was filled with awkward moments
Our highly anticipated first date, why did I bite my nails? Why was I so nervous?

 

To: Taetae

Hey.

 

To: Sugaegi

Hi.

 

To: Taetae

So, would you like to go on a date this Saturday?

 

Yoongi bit his lips and paced up and down his hall. It was the very first time he experienced the adrenaline rush just by asking someone out. His heart was pounding loudly against his rib cage as he awaited the latter’s text.

 

To: Sugaegi

Sure.

 

As time went by, we naturally developed into lovers
With those kinds of words, we checked each other’s feelings
Our first date was sweet like a caramel macchiato
Wherever we went, we wanted to go together

 

“Yoongi?”

“Huh? Yeah?” Yoongi snapped out of his daze and blinked at Taehyung who was waving his hand in front of the elder’s face.

“Did you listen to me?” Yoongi shook his head and smiled apologetically. He was too engrossed in the beautiful view in front of him to listen to the latter. Yoongi noticed the way Taehyung’s Adam’s apple bobbed up and down when he sipped his Americano, the way Taehyung his lips to remove the remaining apple pie crumbs on his lips and the way Taehyung’s smile lit up the whole café. It drove him crazy. And that little crumb at the side of Taehyung’s lips wasn’t helping at all. It was taunting him so badly, Yoongi mentally groaned.

“Well I was sayin-” Taehyung suddenly paused his speech and widened his eyes when he felt a wet muscle the side of his lips. The younger blushed a deep shade of red while Yoongi leaned back against his seat and his lips, satisfied.

“You definitely taste better than Macchiato.” The elder commented.

 

But as time went by, those feelings went down like dripping down espresso
My insides ache for no reason, we used to be so good
Breaking up was like a bitter americano
My memories still go to that cafe

 

Everything was a mistake.

“I don’t think this is working.” The younger’s smile faltered.

“What?” Taehyung knew exactly what Yoongi was trying to say, he just didn’t want to accept the elder’s decision.

“Us. We’re always too busy to hang out together now and it doesn’t feel the same anymore.”  Yoongi sighed and tried to avoid the latter’s gaze.

“We could make this work together.” The taller boy pleaded.

“Let’s break up.”

However, Yoongi almost immediately regretted it.

“Fine.”

Taehyung bolted out of the door as tears streamed down his face. What about the promise Yoongi made to him? Was everything a lie from the start? He ran as far as his legs could take him, shutting out the world.

And that was when everything came to a stop. Bright lights blinded the younger’s eyes, horns beeped loudly and a loud crash was heard. Taehyung lay bloodied and motionless on the ground, his world was spinning, yet all he could think about was the elder. He could barely make out the faces of the people crowding around him when darkness over took his mind.

 

The days when I used to be intoxicated with your scent all day
I remember we chose to break up after promising our futures together
As I drink this minty coffee that you used to like, I think of you, rewind
A lot of time passed and these days, I sometimes miss you, I wonder why?

 

Yoongi stopped singing for a moment and took a deep breath. Everything was too much for him. Glancing over at the Americano for a brief second, he let a tear slip. Yoongi always brought an Americano to visit Taehyung, in hopes that the younger would either awake because of its scent or perhaps the younger would demand to drink it when he wake up. But Yoongi knew it was fruitless.

The elder merely wanted to make it up to Taehyung for causing him to be in this state. He constantly blamed himself and he hated himself for initiating the break up. All these wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for him, Yoongi thought.

“I miss you, baby.” He finally broke down into uncontrollable sobs. “P-please wake up.”

 

Baby baby, you were warmer than the scent of a cafe latte
Do you remember that feeling?
Baby baby tonight

 

And in that moment, his sleeping beauty’s fingers twitched just ever so slightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yes, I'm done after a day or two of writing this and I'm too lazy to edit this. otl. I hope you guys you like it.