Final

Let Me Go

The dark sky gave out a gloomy atmosphere at the cemetry. The leaves rustle by as the wind blew. It was silent, no one spoke. Only sounds of some people sobbing and sniffling, expressing how sad they were of their loved one's passing. Everybody looked down at the newly carved tombstone solemnly.

Kim Ryeowook

21 June 1987-13 August 2013

Without any warning trickles of raindrop drop on their faces. They bowed one last time at the grave before patting Kyuhyun's shoulder supportively before leaving the man all by himself to seek shelter. Ryeowook's parents ushered the guest back to the memorial hall with a heavy heart. Their son is no longer with them on earth, the fact that their son's body is buried deep in that grave made their heart shatter. Mrs Kim hugged Kyuhyun one last time.

"You should come in soon Kyu. The rain is getting heavier." Mrs Kim said softly to the boy who got a blank look plastered to his face but deep sorrow clearly seen in his eyes before she walked away hand in hand with her husband. 

Soon enough the light drizzle became heavy rain and Kyuhyun's suit was drenched, his wet hair plastered to his forehead. Kyuhyun just couldn't get himself to leave. He didn't want to leave the grave, he didn't want Ryeowook to feel alone. Without realising tears started to flow out of his eyes onto his cheeks. This is the first time Kyuhyun cried since the night the doctor told him Ryeowook passed away. That Ryeowook, the love of his life bled out during the operation and didn't make it. It was as if everything is becoming real for Kyuhyun who had been in denial since he heard the news and even during the funeral.

Feeling his knees becoming weak, Kyuhyun kneeled down and the now wet tombstone weakly. 

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have forced you to do the operation. I should've agreed with you and let you get chemo instead of the operation. I'm so sorry Wookie. You haven't even fullfilled all of your dreams. I was suppose to propose to you in 2 days baby, we were suppose to get married and have this simple life, maybe adopt a baby or something." Kyuhyun whispered softly in between his sobs.

"I'm so sorry Wookie. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. Please. You don't deserve this. I'm so sorry." Kyuhyun cried out hopelessly. Just then he realised he didn't feel the raindrops on him anymore. He looked up to see Mrs Kim with an umbrella and a small blue box on her other hand. The lady carefully kneeled down next to Kyuhyun, she looked at the tombstone with so much sorrow in her eyes. She could feel her heart breaking, she never thought she would sending her only son off like this. 

Mrs Kim turned to Kyuhyun and gave the latter a soft smile, "Before the operation, he told me to give this to you if he...if he didn't make it." Mrs Kim said softly, her voice cracked a little trying to hold in the tears. Kyuhyun took the box in confusion and nodded still sniffling. Mrs Kim rubbed Kyuhyun's back soothingly with her free hand.

"He is in peace now Kyu... You have to let him go. He is not suffering anymore. Maybe God took him because he didn't want him to suffer from all those chemo and the painful side effects. Ryeowook is too kind to experience that. God took him because he don't deserve to suffer Kyu." Mrs Kim paused feeling tears starting to well up in her eyes again. 

"But he is going to be very sad if he sees you like this Kyu. I know him. He wants all of us to move on and be happy. It's okay to be upset for a while you know...but you shouldn't be upset your whole life. You have to move on Kyu. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting him Kyu. He wants you be happy." Mrs Kim said.

"It's all my fault eomma, I told him that he should do the surgery instead...be-because the doctor said he got a better chance at-at surviving. He didn't want to do it eomma, he didn't want it..." Kyuhyun sobbed as Mrs Kim gently brought the crying boy closer to her chest, embracing him trying her best to comfort him.

"You know, Wookie is going to be very angry if he knows you said this. You shouldn't say things like this Cho Kyuhyun. None of this is your fault. It's just his time Kyu." Mrs Kim rubbed soothing circle on the Kyuhyun's back trying to calm him. His body was shaking, he was sobbing, his heart was broken he was numb from all this emotions.

*****

It's been two days since the funeral and Kyuhyun stayed in his room in the empty apartment for the past two days without sleeping or eating. He just sat there in a corner hugging his knees crying himself to sleep sometimes while hugging Ryeowook's pillow. The pillow still has Ryeowook's comforting sweet smell. 

Kyuhyun stared at the blue box that Mrs Kim passed to him on the day of the funeral. He still didn't want to open it. Although he was dying to know what was inside, he didn't want to open it. He just didn't the strength to deal with whatever was in the box. 

Just then continuous knocking on the front door could be heard. He knew it was probably Ryeowook's parents or Changmin his best friend. His own parents passed away in a car accident when he was 5 years old, since then he has been living with Ryeowook's family since their families were close. Ryeowook was his best friend before they started to realise their feelings for each other.

Kyuhyun ignored the knocking long enough until it died down. Kyuhyun felt his stomach growling in protest. He gathered whatever strength he had left and cooked himself instant ramyun to satisfy his empty stomach. While waiting for the noodles to cooked he decided to was up. He decided that maybe he should do some housework to forget ahout his misery.

When he was eating his hot noodles, he realised how much he misses Ryeowook's cooking. He chuckled sadly because he knows he is never going to taste them ever again. After he ate he cleaned his room, packed whatever stuff he trashed the night before and just then he found the blue box on the floor. He sat down on the floor and open it.

He found a small purple notebook and a cd inside the box. He flipped the notebook and found a few recipes on the different pages. It was Ryeowook's handwritting. At the end of the notebook Ryeowook cutely left a little note.

Don't burn the kitchen while cooking okay :P Please try to cook some of this dishes they're not as hard as you thought. Don't just eat instant ramyun all the time. Ask eomma to teach you some of the complicated ones! 

I love you. Be safe. ^^

Kyuhyun chuckled, wiping away his tears. He then proceed to place the cd inside the the cd player and switched on his flat screen tv in the room. He got himself in a comfortable position, bringing Ryeowook's pillow close to his chest before playing the cd.  The cd took a few seconds to load, creating a soft whirling sound in the room and soon enough Ryeowook's smiling face appeared. Kyuhyun felt his heart jumped a little seeing how alive Ryeowook look, although he was a little pale and extremely skinny, he could see that faint blush on his high cheekbones.

Ryeowook adjust the camera slightly before jumping backwards to seat on the couch. He cleared his throat awkwardly before a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Hey Kyukyu!!" Ryeowook smiled brightly as he waved his hand at the camera. "So...I guess if you are watching this that means I'm no longer on earth..." Ryeowook paused, a sad smile could be seen. Kyuhyun could feel his heart racing a little, he didn't know what to expect from this video. His heart broke a little seeing his lover's sad smile.

"Well, first of all I'm really sorry Kyu for not being strong enough. I should've fought harder and survive the surgery for you, for us. But I wasn't strong enough..."Ryeowook let out a small sigh, "You must've cried a lot huh?" Ryeowook who seemed all bright and cheery is now slouching on the couch, and Kyuhyun could see how his eyes started to glisten with tears. Ryeowook took a deep breath and then sighing loudly, a smile soon appeared on his face before he continued. "Aigoo...What are you going to do without me huh? My baby Kyukyu what are you going to do now that no one is going to cook for you, pick clothes for you and make sure that you eat your vitamins and that you don't just stay in your room the whole day playing games without eating." Ryeowook giggled a little, causing a smile to appear on Kyuhyun's face too without him realising.

"I'm sorry Mr Cho, but you will have to learn how to cook for now on. That's why I made that small recipe book for you - which I assume you read already. Don't worry all those dishes are not as hard as you thought and I even added the recipe for your favourite pumpkin porridge! So you better try them out! But please ask eomma to teach you first..." Ryeowook giggled.

"Please remember to take your vitamins, and when you have a little sniffle you know where to find your flu medicine. I managed to stock up all your vitamins and some of the medicine you usually need. I bet they could last you for about a year and by then I hope you would have found someone else that will take care of you just like how I used to. Also loves you with all his or her heart." A sincere smile carved out on Ryeowook's face. Kyuhyun paused the video, took the time to admire that smile on his lover's face. Oh how much he misses those smile. Kyuhyun then frowned a little at the thought of Ryeowook asking him to find someone else. 

Did he think that it was going to be so easy for Kyuhyun to let him go? Kyuhyun pushed up his bangs in frustration, is it even possible to find someone who is even close to being as good as Ryeowook, as perfect as Ryeowook. Kyuhyun couldn't even imagine himself living the rest of his life with someone else other than Ryeowook. All his life he imagined his whole life to be with Ryeowook, there was never anyone else. Kyuhyun took a deep breath before sighing heavily, he then press the start button on the remote to continue the video.

"Now, now, I know what you are thinking right now. You must be thinking that of course there won't be anyone else that is going to fill your heart other than me and that it's not possible for you to find someone else to replace me in your heart because no one is as good as me. You also must be thinking that you will never be able to forget me forever." Kyuhyun chuckled at how well his lover knows him. 

"Kyu, I'm not asking you to forget about me nor am I asking you to find someone else to replace me. I'm just simply asking you to move on and stop being sad and broken hearted about the fact that I'm gone. I'm sure somewhere out there, there is someone who is probably much better than me. But you have to give it a chance baby. I swear if you are planning to stay single for the rest of your life just because I can't be in your future, I'm going to hunt you and scare the out of you!" Ryeowook laughed heartily and Kyuhyun too started laughing. 

"But I'm serious." Ryeowook stopped laughing and became serious once again. "You have to let me go alright and live your life! You have so much coming up for you and I'm sure you will be able to find happiness as long as you move on and let go. Besides, I'm not going anywhere you know. I'm gonna stay in your heart forever and I'm going to watch you from heaven all the time."

"This is not goodbye forever Kyu, just take this as a temporary break. We've been together our whole life, and all the years I spent with you had been more than wonderful. I know you will miss me. I will definitely miss you too but don't worry we will definitely meet again in the future and we will never be separated ever again. Before we meet again I want to watch you from above and see you lead a happy life, have a great family and achieve your dreams alright?" Kyuhyun's heart clenched. He knew the video is ending soon. He didn't want the video to end, he wants it to go on and on forever. Kyuhyun paused the video. He could see how Ryeowook was trying his best to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall out of his eyes. Kyuhyun wished he was there, so that he could kiss back the tears and hold on to Ryeowook tight forever. Soon enough, his own tears started flowing out of his eyes. He took a deep breath, Kyuhyun tried to stop the tears, he knew Ryeowook wouldn be heartbroken if he sees him crying like this. 

Kyuhyun shifted a little in his seat before continuing the video. "Remember that I will always love you. I will always support whatever you want to do and I will wait for you up here. See you soon Cho Kyuhyun, I love you." Just as Ryeowook stopped talking the screen turned black and the video ended. Kyuhyun was just sitting there still feeling numb. 

*****

*10 years later*

"Good morning appa!!!!!" Kyuhyun was awoken by a loud high-pitched voice, he squint his eyes trying to adjust to the sunlight streaming through the translucent curtains of his room. He then turned to his side, seeing his son beaming at him. "Good morning Wookie baby..." Kyuhyun greeted his son in his raspy sleepy voice before tickling the little boy making him giggle loudly.

"Come on boys we are going to be late." A beautiful woman with long wavy black hair was leaning againts the bedroom door smilling brightly watching her favourite two boys playing together. "Good morning eomma!" Ryeowook said cheerfully to his mother as Kyuhyun carried him up from the bed walking towards his wife. "Good morning Seo." Kyuhyun greeted his wife before giving a peck on Seohyun's lips.

Kyuhyun met Seohyun nine years ago, just a year after Ryeowook's death. Seohyun's character is similar to Ryeowook, she is always cheerful and positive, she's got the same level of perseverance as Ryeowook. -maybe that's why Kyuhyun was willing to give her a chance- but he also found out that Seohyun has her own unique personality that made her different from Ryeowook. The two soon became close friends and Seohyun is also aware about Kyuhyun's relationship with Kyuhyun. Just two years after they met, Kyuhyun proposed to Seohyun because he knew she was the one. No one will ever understand how mich he loves Ryeowook more than her and she doesn't get jealous or bothered about it. She is well awared that deep down, Ryeowook will forever in Kyuhyun's heart and that Kyuhyun may never love her the way he loves Ryeowook. However, she also knows that Kyuhyun is trying his very best to give all his love to Seohyun. Kyuhyun also truly loves Seohyun even though his love for her is not as great as his love for Ryeowook. Two years after Kyuhyun and Seohyun got married they were blessed with a wonderful son. Seohyun was the one that suggested that they named their son Ryeowook. Kyuhyun was touched by his wife's little action and agreed right away. Interestingly enough their son is just like Ryeowook. He is all cheeerful and carefree. Kyuhyun was more than happy with the family he have now.

Kyuhyun and Seohyun were seating by the beach watching their son trying to build a sandcastle. They both chuckled watching Ryeowook's disappointed look when the wave washed away his hard work. Kyuhyun decided to help his son and Seohyun to joined in. The three of them were having the time of their lives. Kyuhyun looked up at the clear sky and smiled.

"Are you happy for me Wookie? I miss you much. Thank you for always watching over me and my family. See you in the future baby. I love you." Kyuhyun said in his heart. He knew he will never forget about Ryeowook but he was glad he managed to let go of him and move on.


okay the end guys. I don't know but I'm feeling insecure about this story because ugh idk hahhhahahha I'm just weird like that.

anyway I hope you guys enjoyed it :)