Live On

Winter Sonata

JESSICA’s POV

        We are on our way to the hill where we will have a picnic with our two sisters. It’s been a while since we had picnic with them. We brought foods enough for 20 people because we know they will come again. As the times pass by and we got closer to our destination the driver saw a checkpoint and stopped over. The girls woke up in their deep slumber having thought that we were on our destination, but we weren’t we stopped in the checkpoint and the guy in a formal attire said that there is something going on right now in the hill that people are not permitted to go in yet. The guy recognized me when I stepped out of the car to get some fresh air, He was shocked to see me and he said “I’m sorry Jessica ssi but you can’t go in yet” I remember him he’s the one who came to our apartment and told us about the incident involving our two sisters. “It’s okay, when will the place open?” I said coldly with no trace of emotions in my face. He was about to say something then he saw the black colored Lotus Elise stopping in front of the checkpoint the windows we’re tinted; hence, I couldn’t see the driver. We’re on the left side of the Black Lotus Elise giving me no chance to know who the driver was. Then the guard let the car go inside the prohibited area. “Who was that?” I asked. “Unfortunately Jessica ssi I’m not allowed to answer that type of question” He replied. “Wh-“I was about rebut but a car came onto the scene a red Mazda RX9. Unfortunately the windows we’re tinted and we’re on the left side giving me no hope to see who’s the driver again but it seem that the guard know him and let him in the premises. I was about to ask who the two was, but I came to a conclusion that resistance is futile, he deals with people like me every day. As I got in the van Taeyeon asked me who the driver of the Mazda RX9 was. “I don’t know they’re not allowed to say anything about current matters and they don’t intend to share it with me” I said again with emotionless. “There you go with your emotionless face” Taeyeon pouted. “If I don’t know you well enough I would want to throw you a flat iron in your face” Tiffany added. They waited for me to smile, but they got nothing. They gave up once again

 

TAEYANG’s POV

                 I parked my car, where I can park it. I walked out of my car carrying a little Mickey Mouse stuff toy and a red rose in my hand. As I walk and walk I got into my destination, I peered through the endless horizon and saw two tombstone sand walk to get closer to it. Right here I saw the inscribed letters saying “Kwon Yuri July XX, 20XX”. On the left I saw another tombstone saying “Shin Nina July XX, 20XX”. I placed the Mickey Mouse stuff toy and the rose on top of Yuri’s tombstone. Then a hand touched my shoulder, I knew who it was there’s only one person that the guard can allow to come here. “How are you?” I said as I examine his facial features long hair, with a good jaw line that can be on pair with mine and black eyes. These features were enough to make girls swoon over him. “Good I guess? You?” he replied and showing the guitar that he brought. “You got a new piece to show?” I asked. “Unfortunately I can’t show my music to you” he said jokingly and sat down beside me. “Can I start playing?” he asked. I nodded.

He started strumming through the strings. I could feel the sadness and grieve that he wants to portray, even though it should be a relaxing tone. Somehow it touches my heart giving a different feeling the complete opposite of happiness. I started reminiscing the days that I spent with Yuri. I miss her smile, her voice, her rants everything about her. The happy memories that we spent with our loved ones started to be the cause of our tears. I wanted to cry but I held it back and I glanced over my companions face, he seems happy, but as I concentrate in his eyes while he’s playing the melody he created for their wedding as a gift. I saw nothing but darkness and a man yearning for a light to shine through his barred heart. The melody came to an end and he started packing the guitar back. I noticed a name in the back part of the neck. It says “ I love you from Nina” no wonder he always brings it when I see him visiting this graveyard. He stood up and said “You know what Nina’s last words to me in the hospital?” He asked. “ I don’t know, you never told me” I replied. “She said Past should give us hope” He then smiled and added “ But how can I have hope when the meaning of my life have departed without me saying I love you” he then started to walk away and smiled “ See Ya then”.

Then I remembered Yuri’s last words “Before I die, I wanted to say thank you and I love you very much” then she started crying “You must move on Bae. I know you won’t move on unless there’s someone like me in this world, but unfortunately I won’t reincarnate, she may look like me but I’m not her, maybe on our next life we can live happily” Yuri stopped and coughed blood. She can’t speak anymore today was her last day she signed the letter saying that they would stop all of the medicine to keep her alive cause she knew that she won’t last longer anyways. Yuri gave me an envelope with a box containing a necklace that has two dragons and one sword in the middle. I read the notes saying this is “My final gift” then I started crying. Yuri then wiped my tears and nodded at the nurse. The nurse gave her a table with the Korean alphabet/syllables (I don’t know what they use so) and her parents left the room giving us some time with each other. Yuri then started spelling out a word I-W-I-L-L-B-E-I-N-Y-O-U-R-H-E-A-R-T-F-O-R-E-V-E-R-A-N-D-G-U-I-D-E-Y-O-U-T-H-R-O-U-G-H-Y-O-U-R-P-R-O-B-L-E-M-S. I held her hand with my two hands close to my face and tears started flowing. She then said “Remember it okay? I love you”. I nodded and she closed her eyes smiling. “she passed away” I thought. I started crying more and more I didn’t leave the room until the next day Jiyong came and said nothing. He started carrying me out of the room saying nothing. He knew that everything he’ll say will be futile as of now. Afterwards, he laid me down in a bed and said “ Time passes, memories fade , feelings change , people leave, but hearts will never forget. You said this to me when my grandfather died. It’s my turn to say it to you.” He smiled and left the room.

Author’s POV

“How dare Gibbonz say that to me, but he himself hasn’t moved on yet.” Taeyang said and left revealing the inscribed words in the two tombstone saying “Live--- On”

 

 

 

 

 

YES the schooldays are over. Welcome Summer. If you have qustions you may leave a comment