Final

Return

“Have you heard that Ho Won came back?” your best friend, Hye Ri asked.

“Yeah, I think he is coming over to my house for dinner.” You replied nonchalantly.

“Why are you upset about that? Your biggest crush is coming back!” Hye Ri said as she continues blabbing about your crush on him.

“Hye Ri! I don’t want Ki Bum to hear this!!” you exclaimed.

You have the biggest crush on your childhood friend what seems like a million years ago but he left. He left you without a word for his dream, his dream of becoming an idol.

“Is not as though both of you are really dating.” She rolled her eyes.

Ki Bum is current and first boyfriend. Well, that is what you said even though your heart still belongs to that guy who left you years ago. Apparently, he brings your heart along with him.

Ki Bum is a nice guy – patient, gentlemen, romantic and last but not least handsome. He is perfect boyfriend that everyone wishes for but whenever you are with him, you do not feel that happy. Then why are you dating him? You want to move on and forget Ho Won one and for all. Luck seems to be on Ho Won’s side. Now he is coming back when you are trying to move on. He definitely knows how to choose the right time.

Soon it is dinner time; your mum invited Ki Bum over as well. That is what she said; her main motive is to introduce Ki Bum to Ho Won.

You were busy preparing and setting up the table while your mum is finishing the last two dishes. Your best friend is apparently useless when it comes to preparing for the table. She is only useful when it comes to eating.

There went the doorbell. “Hye Ri! Mind helping me to open the door?”

“You’re welcome~” Hye Ri replied sarcastically.

“Love you!” You replied back, laughing away.

Soon both your boyfriend and best friend arrived and not to mention, the atmosphere is extremely awkward.

Ho Won greeted your mum and helped her with the serving of food.

“You are here!” you said to Ki Bum before giving him a hug. Just nice, Ho Won walked into the dining room and saw the scene.

“Mummy, when can we start eating?” your best friend asked to lighten up the awkward atmosphere. And yes, your best friend is close enough to call your mum her mum.

You spent the entire dinner time, catching up on each other’s life and laughing at those silly times spent together.

“You remember the time where you actually spill the entire bag of flour on Hye Ri?” Ho Won said as his laughter filled the room.

Your heart speeds up on its own.

“Hey! That is not something that is worth remembering!” Hye Ri pouted in response.

“That is totally worth remembering! You ended up doing a split in the middle of the kitchen as the floor is too slippery due to the amount of flour.”

Now your laughter joins Ho Won’s.

“Oh yes. Thanks for the reminder bestie!” your best friend rolled her eyes and nevertheless laugh along with you.

“Sorry baby! I need to go off now. Something happened at home. I will text you again later alright?” Ki Bum said as he gave you a kiss on the forehead.

After all the washing and clearing of tables, only Ho won and you were left in the living room. The awkward silence is driving you crazy but you do not want to be the first one talking.

“So… you got yourself a boyfriend?”

That awkward attempt sounds more like a question than an answer.

“Yeah, we are together for around close to a month.”

“Looks like I’m late.” He mumbles.

Did you hear wrongly? He said something about being late. Does it mean that he is in love with you too? You don’t want to get your hopes high up.

“Sorry?”

“I am late. I am exactly 3 years late. I know that I left you behind without a word for my dreams of becoming an idol. I made it but it seems like something. No, is someone. Someone is missing from my life. And it took me 3 years to know who she is. And now that I am back here, ready to confess my feelings that I thought I never had, she had already moved on. Moved on with her life and got her a handsome boyfriend.”

“Wha-“

With a sad laugh, he continued. “Although being on stage makes me happy but nothing makes me laugh like that when I am with you. Being with fans is not the same when I am with you. The level of happiness is so different that I can’t seem to be able to describe it. I am in love with you.”

You were stunned. Words are not able to describe how fast your heart is beating now. You bet Ho Won already heard your heart beats.

“Just ignore what I said. I wish you all the best in your relationship with Ki Bum! He is a nice guy and I know that he will treat you well.”

When he turned and is about to walking away, you spoke up.

“You are wrong.”

His footstep stopped.

That indicates that you should continue with that you are about to say.

“He does not treat me as well as you do. He does not make me laugh like you do. He does not have so much memory with me as you do. And lastly, he does not make my heart beats like you do.”

As you said the last sentence, you wrapped your arms around him and let your tear-stained face wet his expensive shirt.

“You stupid guy! You left me a-”

Before you could say another word out of your mouth, his lips found yours.