hey clock-hand! [run faster].

Hey Clock-hand! [Run Faster]

 

 

 


hey clock-hand! [run faster].


 

 

 

 

The continuous ringing and vibrating of Lu Han's phone would sooner or later drive him mad. He didn't bother to look at the screen as he was already familiar with the person who called him for the last two hours. Sometimes Lu Han would ignore it and sometimes he would just shrug it off.
 

 


But now his patience was bidding him goodbye since his finger automatically brushed across the display on the red receiver.




He swore that he heard muffled giggling from next door.
 



That brat




Trying to convince Sehun that those phone calls of love -how he called it- were just stupid and unnecessary was harder than he thought. It was cute somehow, he wouldn't rebuff it, but after the fifth call in one damn minute, he had enough. The most annoying thing in that situation was that Lu Han couldn't turn his phone off because there was the big possibility of getting called by his boss.


How Lu Han had grown to hate, to loathe Sehun's childish sense of humour. It wasn't even humor it was just annoying the crap out of Lu Han. There wasn't any love in those calls either, whenever he accepted the call Sehun would hang up. It was so irritating and bothersome that Lu Han didn't have the time to get up and beat the out of him.



Unlike someone else Lu Han was mature and wouldn't waste his time with lecturing a stubborn eighteen years old boy. Sehun had indeed turned eighteen a few months ago. Well according to him, his birthday was on the twelfth of April. Lu Han couldn't quite tell if his boyfriend was telling the truth or copied Lu Han since he was born on April as well.
 


He didn't change at all, neither mentally or appearance like. He was the same annoying brat who loved it to make Lu Han cry out of frustration. Not only literally though, Lu Han wouldn't shed tears for that little ball of irritation and over excitation. He was forced by the elder to attend school again. The paper work was pretty difficult to fill out but other then that Sehun had to go back to school. 

 


For some odd reason Sehun didn’t have any problems with the work. He said that he was getting taught the same or similar stuff he had learned. That was beyond creepy knowing that the last time Sehun was at school was over fifty years ago.

 

 



Shaking his own head Lu Han pulled his thoughts aside and began to type the paragraph anew. 




In the living room was Oh Sehun happy than ever a popsicle. He stretched his right leg up and held his phone over his frowning face realising that his call had been declined. How could Lu Han do that?  That was not nice. He waited for a few seconds before he groaned and angrily bit on the cool popsicle. 

 

 



"Baby you are mean!" Sehun yelled clearly upset and sat up with his legs crossed over the couch.
 

 



Still no reply. 

 

 


"Baby are you ignoring me?" Sehun carefully asked and waited for a moment. He didn't hear anything except his breathing and typing of his boyfriend's keyboard. The corner of his lips dragged down obviously disappointed with that treatment. Why was Lu Han doing that to him? Sehun just wanted to spend some time with him. His 'phone calls of love' was proving enough to show how dedicated he was to keep their relationship going. 
 

 


"Fine! Be like that! You are very ungrateful." He didn't have anything else to say to that he was too angry. Sehun could never understand the elder's logic. He always told Sehun off and never said good things to him. When was the last time that he thanked Sehun? Definitely a while ago. Well for that to happen would Sehun have to do something to earn thankfulness.

 



He unfortunately was not that type of person to randomly help out.

 


But Lu Han was supposed to love Sehun so obviously he should do his part and pay attention to the younger. He only had his stupid work in his head and never noticed Sehun's need for attention. He was more childish than most boys at his age group so Lu Han should have considered that. Even though only seven years separated them, it felt for both boys as if it was seventeen years.

 


Frowning even more, Sehun bit into his popsicle and could feel the cold sensation in his teeth making its way up to his brain. A quick sharp pain up there caused him to yelp and hold his head in pain. "Brain. Is. Frozen." He hissed and slowly jumped up and down as if to soothe the ache. After a few minutes of whining and crying, he survived the surprise attack. That didn't mean that he had to be happy though. 
 

 

 


He was crying and complaining but Lu Han was too selfish to even spare a glance at him.


 


Sadly he looked down at the stick, only taking in the sound of the clicking clock and the continuous typing of Lu Han, hitting the keyboard with his fingers. 

 





Maybe a last attempt for attention would help him? Lu Han had despite his cold personality at some point a good heart and wouldn't ignore a suffering Sehun. He was smart and experienced enough to know that Sehun couldn't stand it to be alone. He hated the feeling of loneliness, the feeling of being left alone with not having anyone to take care of him. Lu Han actually was supposed to look after him but what did he do? Nothing except doing his boring work rather than playing with Sehun. 

 



"Lu Han play with me!"
 

 


There, he said it. He even addressed the other by his actual name and not the pet name that made Lu Han usually cringe.  He should better take that in consideration that Sehun was very serious as he used Lu Han and not baby. 

 



The reply he had gotten was not something he would have expected. 
 



"Instead of distracting me, you could use your time to study. Do your homework."




Did he just hear right? Was Sehun just told to do his homework rather than trying to be with Lu Han? 

 

 



That couldn't be true. 

 

 



Sehun gasped and let his popsicle stick fall soundlessly down. 


 


Exactly half an hour later, Lu Han walked into the living room to talk to Sehun. He knew that he had been mean and should have taken a break to play with him but even so it would just lead into abandoning his work. He knew very well that Sehun had that damn eye smile that could hold his attention and make him have his important reports out of sight. 

 



Now it was time to apologize. He luckily knew that Sehun was a quick thinker and also quickly forgot stuff which would include Lu Han's mean behaviour towards him. It was not the first time that this had happened. 

 



But after spotting only note a on the floor, he knew that now things were different. 
 


 


 

 


I hate you baby Lu Han! 

You are sooo not nice! 

I try to be with you but you always push me away

Sometimes I think that you like your work more than me...


I, Oh Sehun have run away from home


Don't look for me at the park. 


I'm not gonna be there.
 

 

 

 

 

 




Lu Han silently crushed the piece of paper in his right hand.

 

 

 



"This child..."




 

 

 



-x-


 

 

 

 



Grasping the end bit of his umbrella, Lu Han continued to run to the direction of the local park. It didn't need much thinking to conclude that his dumb boyfriend was probably there hoping that Lu Han ignored his hint. But who could ignore something as obvious as that? Not Lu Han, definitely not him.




What worried him more was that Sehun did not have an umbrella in the shattering rain. He could get easily sick which Lu Han would avoid as good as the possible. He would never allow it to let Sehun be ill. He was an airhead but even so he didn't deserve to suffer through a cold he could have avoided. With his loud pumping heart Lu Han ran past the wet iron gates of the park.

 

 

 

 


He instantly turned his head to every possible direction, only having Sehun in mind. 
 

 




There was unfortunately no one there.


 

It would make the search harder as Lu Han had nobody to distinguish his boyfriend of.

 



He had been loudly inhaling and exhaling as his heart slammed against his ribcage. 




Again, he turned his head to the left and right. 

 




There was only an abandoned set of swings and other things to play with.



Where would Sehun hide? Lu Han bit his lips and shivered a little. Why would he even hide in the first place? They weren't fighting or anything like that. Maybe in Sehun's eyes they did...Lu Han couldn't believe it. He placed his hand on his forehead and crushed his teeth together. Did Sehun honestly think that they were fighting? Really? That was in no way a fight. It was just Sehun annoying him and Lu Han giving him the usual silent treatment. 
 

 


They didn't even talk to each other. 
 


So how were they even supposed to fight? 



"You idiot...where did you run off to?' He whispered and placed his hand and on his lips. If Sehun thought that this was a prank then he had no sense of humor. There we go again, getting to know his sense of tasteless humor. Lu Han shook his head he couldn't lose time when Sehun was wandering somewhere alone.

 



He was now technically an adult but screw that- Sehun was still a child Lu Han had to look after.


The feeling of loosing one's child somewhere...Lu Han was now familiar with pure anxiety. He now knew how mothers or fathers would feel. It sounded creepy knowing that they were dating but he still knew. Sobbing hard he wiped the falling tears with his wrist and scanned the park for the last time. 




Thinking that it would make it safer, he moved his legs and properly looked around. 
 



"Sehun-ah you stupid brat get back here!" Lu Han's voice shook and at the end even cracked. Was that really right now happening? At least the younger knew the way home, if he would decide to be an and stay in his hiding place for longer. Lu Han felt his insides tightening and slowly giving off space as he walked towards the bench. 
 

 



His anger was totally gone, he was now just puzzled and worried.




He didn't understand the reason why Sehun would run away. He got everything he wanted, except the attention in that giving moment. But why would he want that? He had two perfectly working eyes so he should have seen the amount of work Lu Han had to finish due the next day. He was sometimes difficult to deal with but Sehun was smart enough to know that he should have considered Lu Han's position. 
 

 




The closer he came towards the bench, the more he was aware that someone (or something) was laying on there. 



Being curious and bewildered, Lu Han approached the bench quicker.

 




After finally arriving, he stopped as his body reacted faster than his mind. He let out a horrified scream while throwing his umbrella away. The rain was currently attacking him from all sides but Lu Han couldn't care less. He hovered over the cold person and immediately slapped his chilly cheek. But he didn't get any reaction.


Lu Han felt helpless what should he do?

 



More tears were falling down, more and more. He didn't make any move to brush them away. They were anyway mixing up with the rain. His trembling hands touched Sehun's cheek again in order to turn his face around. But there was still no reaction, nothing at all. 
 


His pale face, his straight lips it all indicated the worst possible outcome. But Lu Han didn't believe in that. He also didn't believe in a future without Sehun. So why were all those horrible thoughts surfacing in the back of his mind? The documentary he had once seen that people could die from a simple cold giving that their immune system was weak was suddenly coming back up. Was Sehun's immune system weak? Lu Han really didn't know.



"Sehun...please wake up...you are making me cry. You are such an idiot." He whispered and pulled the sleeping boy in sitting position. He on the other hand plopped himself behind Sehun's back and embraced him like that. His trembling hands held tighter onto Sehun's stomach as Lu Han placed his chin on the his shoulder.
 

 


He knew that others (in his position) would have brought him to the hospital. But that was not possible as Lu Han didn't know if it was some ghost related thing. Maybe he would wake up in the next few minutes and laugh at Lu Han for falling for his trick. He hoped that this would happen so badly. Clutching his boyfriend firmer, his lips made contact with Sehun's neck. 

 



It was so ing cold.

 

 


Something had to be wrong.
 



"This is not funny. If you won't stop this I'll break up with you. Sehun-ah..." His treat was left unheard seeing that the younger boy made no move to respond. He just laid there on Lu Han's chest and continued to keep up the impression of being lifeless. The rain didn't stop and so didn't Lu Han's tears which were rolling from his cheeks down his chin.




"I don't think that he can hear you."






That far-off voice caused Lu Han to tear his gaze off Sehun to look up. It was a young boy probably around Sehun's age followed by another one who clearly looked a bit older. Both of them were sharing an umbrella which the older one was holding up. Lu Han didn't know what surprised him more, that those boys came out of nowhere or that the younger leaned down to closely face Sehun.

 



The stranger raised his pale hand to touch Sehun's forehead but Lu Han instinctively slapped it away.
 


He wouldn't let someone he didn't know just touch Sehun. "Who are you?" Lu Han's voice was oddly sharp and unfriendly; he really didn't intend to sound like that. It was probably the exhaustion and worry that spoke and not him. What was even weirder was that the stranger didn't look offended. Not at all, he seemed somehow satisfied with the light smile on his lips.

 


"Names are not important right now. We need to bring him away." The same boy said and had shortly after eye contact with the other who nodded. He gave the younger the black umbrella and stepped out of the protection. In under a second he was drenched and had his hands on Sehun's waist. He didn't let Lu Han any time to withdraw his hands since he was still clinging on Sehun. 

 


He just threw the boy over his shoulder and turned back to face the other one.

 

 



Lu Han sat there in pure confusion.

 





Who were those people? And why did they act so casually with Sehun and Lu Han? They were still strangers.  They had no reason to help him. Maybe they were dodgy and had something planned with him. They didn't seem very patient either as they earlier simply grabbed Sehun without asking for permission. And now they were heading off to wherever they wanted to go and didn't even wait for Lu Han.

 

 



Lu Han quickly grabbed his own umbrella from the ground.

 

 

 


He shook it so that the gathered water inside it would pour down. 

 

 


After that he ran after the two boys who had Sehun with them. 

 



"H-Hey! You cannot do that! "

 

 




 

 


-x-

 




 

 

 

 


"Drink this."


 

 




The damp from the hot chocolate rose up and greeted Lu Han's frowning face. He brushed his fingertips on the white sheets of the bed where Sehun was laying in. Still eyeing the cup suspiciously his eyes trailed up to see the boy Tao lightly smile at him. He stretched his arms even more to point out that it was indeed for Lu Han. 

 

 


"Don't worry I didn't put anything in there.'
 

 


A few seconds more passed until Lu Han finally understood that Tao didn't try to poison him. He accepted the cup but still attempted to not have skin contact with the other. Instantly after that he looked back at the sleeping Sehun. They were currently in a very very old library both boys Kris and Tao owned and for some reason they had a bed there.




Not exactly in the entrance area though, far more at the back downstairs was another secret room with even more books. Lu Han had no time to even properly look where they were his eyes were only fixed on Sehun. They were friendly enough to change the sleeping boy's clothes. They would cause an unnecessary cold and make things more complicated. Or did he already have a cold? Lu Han didn't know.




He really didn't know what was wrong with Sehun.
 

 



Was he just ill or was it more? Whenever he asked them what was happening Tao just weakly smiled it away. He said that it wasn't time for questions and Lu Han should stay calm. But how could he if he didn't know what was wrong with his boyfriend? Was he dying? Was he fine? When would he wake up? 




"Sehun..." Lu Han's eyes softened bit by bit as he clasped the cup tighter and slowly closing his eyes. He hoped so badly that he would wake up soon. What would he do without him? Lu Han was sitting next to Sehun for the past three hours but he couldn't he just couldn't force himself to go home. Who would take care of him? 

 

 


He didn't trust them even though they were actually helping Lu Han out. 

 

 

 

For how long would they help him was the question. A complete stranger adding to that even though Lu Han had been so rude to them with avoiding any sorts of contact. He didn't care about being on friendly terms only Sehun was important. 




His rumbling stomach reminded him despite that, that Lu Han had other things to worry over too. The fact that he hadn't eaten for example. He was so busy with work that he just pushed it on later. But now he couldn't push it anymore. His stomach began to hurt from the lack of food which forced Lu Han to drink the chocolate that Tao had given him. He was in no position to be picky and choosy if he didn't want to starve. 



"Thanks." He whispered with a hint of shame since he was quite impolite to people that wanted to help him. To his defense, seeing Sehun so helpless made him so sad. He couldn't just believe it, just a few hours ago Sehun was totally fine. With trembling hand he let his fingertips rest on Sehun's pale forehead and soon his palm was flat on it. It couldn't be happening, not to him. He lay on that bed so lifeless and stiff, even his skin was so cold.

 





Desperate tears were b in Lu Han's red eyes before he quickly wiped them away. 
 



The cup was loosely around his fingers but soon they tightened themselves around it. There was absolute silence for those few seconds that seemed like infinity, and the silence wasn't comfortable it was the anxious, distressing kind of silence, and Lu Han didn't like it. He wanted to hear his phone ringing knowing that Sehun was pulling a stupid prank again.

 



He broke the silence, realising that he had to work with those people if they knew how to wake him up. "I'm very sorry for being rude but you have to understand my situation. I...I want to see him again please help me! I was so mean to him...poor Sehun..." When Lu Han felt himself losing the fight against his tears, he clenched his teeth painfully and pressed his eyes shut. He swallowed reflexively and put a hand to his chest. He wanted to be sad, wanted to be furious with himself but he had to force himself to stay calm. There was no use in blaming himself when he had to scratch his sanity together to work with Kris and Tao. 

 

 


"Don't worry. Sehun is fine." Tao smiled and allowed himself to sit on the bed's end. After saying that he remained silent and rather observed Lu Han from the corner of his eye. Upon hearing Sehun's name Lu Han jerked slightly as if the use of his boyfriend's name had startled him.
 

 


"Really?! He's fine?" He loudly returned as he eventually unlocked his eyes from Sehun and looked up. 



"Yeah he is. Trust him, he knows this stuff." The second boy from earlier came back and handed Tao also a cup. As soon as this left this mouth, Lu Han practically shoved his cup against Kris' stomach so that he could hold it. He didn't really have a choice and just accepted it. A bright smile graced Lu Han's lips when he leaned over his boyfriend, certainly happy with the news.
 

 


He didn't think and just ran his fingertips over Sehun's lips, straight nose and his perfectly shaped eyebrows. Lastly, he drew his fingers through the boy's hair and could actually feel the soft strands between them. Regardless of being relieved that he was not in any danger, he was still confused and someway amazed that Tao knew that. It looked like it wasn't his first time, seeing that.




Whatever it was, he had to help Lu Han with waking him up. He just had to, why would he otherwise help him in the first place? They must have had a motive though that wasn't important here. Having Sehun back in his arms was the only thing that came through his mind. He didn't care about him being annoyed, he didn't care about the stupid phone calls, he only cared about Sehun alone. 



"How do you guys know that?" For a brief moment, he felt his chest tighten and his throat threaten to clog before he swallowed and hardened his gaze. Lu Han sat rigid in his seat, almost trembling with concern as his heart pounded hysterically in his chest. How did they know that? Were they doctors or something like that?

 


Lu Han slowly inspected his surroundings.

 


Books were literally everywhere. The historic smell of the pages of old books, the undamaged books laying on the shelves, the smell of the dust coming from these books invaded Lu Han's nose. He couldn't continue to look around as Kris smiled and stepped closer to Lu Han who in return tilted his head. He really didn't understand. He turned away from the sight and stared unseeingly at the floor, jaw tense and twitching right along with his left eyebrow.

 


Tao decided that it was time to enlighten their new friend. "Sehun is not normal right?" Him saying that made Lu Han gasp quietly as he kept his lowered gaze on the carpeted floor. That was not true.  Lu Han thought he would have been able to confront himself with the fact that Sehun was a dead boy who was now again a human.  

 


He knew that he should have already accepted it but it still hurt from only thinking about it. Sehun went through death. He squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his hands into fists, fighting to remain in control. "Sehun is normal." Well now. Lu Han wouldn't lie to him even if he wanted to. Yes, Sehun used to be a wandering ghost but now he had a home. 



 

 

 


He had a home where Lu Han would welcome him with open arms. 

 

 

 


Wherever Lu Han was would be home. 
 

 



"Sehun is going to wake up. We just don't know when."

 

 

 

 



Both boys watched with empathy as Lu Han's face paled drastically and his lips parted in shock. It looked as if the younger male had no idea what to feel first, but obviously bewilderment was the first emotion to show through. Tao decided to carry on whilst he still had the boy's attention."Sehun died once right but since he met you...I guess that he's back to being a human." He supposed dubiously, still unable to work out Lu Han's thought process.


 



Lu Han opened and closed his mouth more than a few times before going for leaving it shut. He stared back at the boy in front of him. Cautiously he glanced back at the other two boys and swallowed. "W-What does that now mean? Is he going to be a ghost again?!" There was another moment of silence before Tao slowly shook his head.
 

 

 



"Nope. But he's going to sleep for a while. We don't know for how long. Probably a few years. "
 




That couldn't be true. Lu Han's hands were trembling as he used them both to grip his cup. "Are you joking? Is this a joke?!" His voice rose unintentionally higher, screaming at the other two who didn't change their expression. Lu Han on the other hand, was having a hard time dealing with the emotions suddenly residing in his throat at realising what they had just said. It was too cruel to be true, they had to be joking. 
 

 



"This is a lie..." Lu Han ended up muttering, touching carefully Sehun's chest while ignoring the awful taste in his mouth. "Oh......years?! That's too much...!!" He glanced at Tao eyes wide and mouth open. He had the idea of stomping his feet in righteous anger, but his body just wasn't up to the commission. Instead, he balled his hands into fists and tried not smash them against the next best wall.
 

 


"Calm down will you? You are making it worse than it actually is." Kris rolled his eyes, annoyed with that over dramatically reaction. 




"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN IF MY BOYFRIEND IS GOING TO WAKE UP IN A FEW YEARS?!' Lu Han felt a piece of his heart crack in two as he, one of the calmest and strong-willed people broke into pieces before Tao's and Kris' eyes. He never knew that he was actually so delicate inside. He as the older one in the relationship always believed that he was mentally stronger since he was so mature. 

 



Although this situation proved that it really was not true; no matter how strong he was on the outside, he would in the inside always be weak. 
 

 



"It's going to be okay. If you truly love him then you can wait. We don't know when he will wake up but you need to trust him." Tao could only say that as he also gave Kris his cup and came closer to Lu Han. He grabbed the latter's hands and held them in his own. Lu Han felt and noticed that they were different compared to Sehun. Well obviously they would but he meant it in a different way. Lu Han didn't like skin ship which Sehun would sometimes initiate so holding hands with Tao felt weird. 
 

 



Lu Han had gotten used to Sehun's hands. 


 


He already missed Sehun. 

 

 

 


His feelings were torn between anger, regret and sadness.
 

 

 


Lu Han's mind eye graced him with a mental picture of Sehun having a playful smile. That damn smile he used to apologize to Lu Han whenever he upset him. Lu Han's heart clenched when he remembered the last time he saw that expression on his face. It was the first time when he had prank called the elder and he was getting told off. He wasn't listening at all and just carried on smiling like the mischievous kid he was. 
 

 

 


Just as quick that picture was gone. 

 



Lu Han had no more tears left.
 

 


 



So he just hugged Tao. 



 

 

 




-x-
 

 

 

 

 

 






It wasn't easy to get use to a life without Sehun. He knew that he did somehow live without him when he hadn't even met him. But his life was now more boring. It just wasn't right. It wasn't. When Lu Han came after work home he wasn't greeted with an embarrassing 'baby~' he was instead greeted with nothingness.  There was nobody he was totally alone.
 

 



Lu Han would feel his tears streaming down whenever he would be just standing in front of his entrance door.
 

 

 

 

He knew that that Sehun wouldn’t be there.

 


He would sleep alone with nobody offering him comforting warmth and affectionate rubs on his backs. He would eat alone and watch alone TV. The hugs all disappeared, the moments when Lu Han would lean into him, his fingers gently tracing his chest, while he carded his fingers through his hair. The moments when he would suddenly stop and use one hand to gently tilt Lu Han's chin up. 
 


 

 


Their eyes would meet as Sehun would bend down coming closer to Lu Han. 

 

 

 



It was all gone. 
 



 


In those situations he was more than happy to have Chanyeol, Kris and Tao by his side. They were helping out where they could. Even though Lu Han was a bit skeptical with the sudden help of the bookshop owners he didn't mind and soon just relied on them. It was a good feeling to have people to talk about his problems.

 

 


He was happy that he didn't have to fight alone against the gnawing sadness in his heart. 
 



He would every day visit Sehun after work since he was still sleeping in the library. Tao insisted on the younger remaining there because it was seemingly better for him to stay there. He could keep without many problems an eye on him and observe any changes.

 


It still was a mystery how Tao knew what was going on but he would just smile when questioned about that. 
 

 

 


More importantly, Lu Han was able to smile again even with the unconscious Sehun around. He thought that it would be impossible to even think about that. Now though he had no problems he was actually happy to see him again. It somehow didn't matter if he was awake or not. His presence was enough to ease Lu Han and bring his lost happiness back.


 


Like today, three months after Sehun had fallen into his deep slumber Lu Han was smiling at something Chanyeol had said. They were both on the way of visiting Sehun and it would be the first time for Chanyeol. He was told that Sehun was a bit ill and resting at a friend's house which was within the library. He couldn't know what actually was happening to Sehun because Lu Han would in no way tell him about that. 

 

 


It would make things needlessly complicated which would lead into Chanyeol asking why for the stupidest reasons. 
 

 


"So they give you free hot chocolate there? You won't have to pay? Really?" Chanyeol asked in a quite loud tone as he walked with the other boy to the direction of the so called library. He was working with Lu Han together in that company and both finished at the same time. When he saw his friend rushing out of the office he knew that something was up.
 

 


After a few minutes of unsuccessful following, Lu Han had noticed him and asked him if he would like to go with him. 


He was also Sehun's friend and he was eagerly waiting for dating tips from Sehun. Chanyeol didn't have much luck with Baekhyun but it was not that he would give up anytime soon. He and Baekhyun were made for each other and the latter just had to accept it. It was not possible so there was no answer to why and how Baekhyun ended up working in the same company as his stalker and that friend of his.
 

 


"No. They do sometimes offer some but not on regular basis. You should not forget your manners." Lu Han smiled not expecting his friend to just come for the chocolate. He should know that they were there to see how Sehun was doing. He was fine with talking about his boyfriend like that. He didn't feel depressed anymore but indifferent. But…he was not going to act all tough no Lu Han was missing him very badly.



He had to learn how to deal with it. "Here we are." Lu Han stated and stopped walking after arriving at a small but cozy little building. He didn't wait for Chanyeol to follow him as he knew that his noisy friend would anyways. Their feet met soundlessly the floor since the carpeted toned their loud and heavy steps down. Watchfully yet confidently Chanyeol followed closely behind the elder.
 

 

 


 


He had to admit that the place was pretty creepy. 

 

 



There weren't many customers which allowed Lu Han to normally call for them. 
 



The further they went in the more exciting Lu Han got because he could finally see his boyfriend again. The last time he had see him was the day before when he had told him good night like he always did. Others would definitely feel burdened but he didn't. He didn't mind going everyday to the library.
 

 



After practically rushing the stairs down, Lu Han could already see a bit of the bed. 

 


"Sehun I'm back with Chanyeol!" Lu Han told him with shining eyes. He usually wasn't that hyped up nor would he feel such happiness bubbling in his stomach. Though having something (or someone) to look forward to, lifted instantly his mood. He sat down next to Sehun's right arm and leaned down. Placing both each hand on Sehun one side of Sehun's head he leaned further down.

 

 


He pressed his lips against Sehun's just for barely two seconds until he moved back.

 


A smile spread over his lips at the same time as he ruffled the sleeping boy's head. He knew that he should get used to the idea of kissing like that.  They never kissed anyway Sehun was too childish for that; he would always laugh and say random stuff. Chanyeol gave the impression of being quite fascinated.  His dumb brain didn't ask for the reason Sehun was laying in a random library. Why he didn't go to the doctor was also not asked, he really didn't notice that.




"He's really sleeping...do you know what he has?" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes as he sat down on the other side of the bed. 
 

 


Lu Han sighed and shook his head; he wished he knew what Sehun had. He really wished. But the only thing he could do was sit by his boyfriend's side and expect with each passing day that he would wake up. He really did it was not even a question anymore. He was lost in his depressing thoughts until he saw Chanyeol doing stupid things. Like grabbing a pen and drawing on Sehun's arm, probably immature things.

 



"Chanyeol stop this. Don't draw on him." Lu Han stridently warned and held his palm out so his friend could hand him the pen over. 



Chanyeol waited for bit though he gave his friend the pen when he heard footsteps. The owners were definitely coming and he really wanted to drink hot chocolate, it was damn cold outside. Lu Han already saw through his intention and could only roll his eyes. Did he think that the reason they came was chocolate? 




He was nonetheless right; Tao had come down to see what was going on. When he arrived at the bottom of the staircase he was instantly greeted with 'give me chocolate please!' rather than how are you. He was being gripped on his shoulder and heavily shaken. He could barely make out the face of that person, until Lu Han had mouthed that it was his pathetic friend. 
 



The frown on Tao vanished and was replaced by a happy expression. So his friend? He would be a friend of him too. "Sure follow me…" He nodded and walked the stairs back up to the normal stage of the library. He was pursued by an overly excited Chanyeol who was rushing the stairs up. He and Sehun were good friends and all but he really needed something to drink preferably chocolate. He could talk to him when he would wake up.
 

 



Chanyeol didn't know that he wouldn't wake up soon. 


 




Lu Han was totally left alone- with Sehun there obviously as he inspected the pen. How did Chanyeol come up with thinking that it would be okay to draw on someone sleeping? Lu Han huffed and held the pen firmer in his hand. Slowly his eyes trailed down his sleeping boyfriend. Then his eyes moved back to the pen he was holding. Making sure that nobody was there Lu Han got off the bed and went down on his knees in front of the bed. 

 



He took a hold of Sehun's wrist and began to scribble on it.

 

 

 


"Do you still like me? Do you still love me?"

 

 




LH ❤ BSH

 

 



The B would stand for brat. 
 



 


He looked up as his eyes were suddenly glued on something strange. Was that the whole time there? It looked like a...he spared another look at the oddly shaped old iron-similar box where so many buttons were on as it gave off the vibe of being an old and rusty machine.



 

 


Lu Han couldn't keep his eyes off it.



 



Until the shop owner came from behind and gave him a slap on his head.








 



"Don't even think about it."


 

 

 

 






Lu Han had already noticed the time machine by then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He knew that he should not have thought about that nor should he have ignored Kris' warnings. 


But Lu Han couldn't help it. He wanted to see Sehun, the pain in his chest was too big to ignore. He successfully kept all his feelings in but now it was over. He just couldn't anymore. On one evening when he was sure that Tao would be out for a few hours, Lu Han had made a plan. He knew that he should be waiting for Sehun and not be impatient. 

 

 


After four months of patient waiting he just couldn't anymore. 

 



In Tao's absence he would read books from the library about a certain time machine. He didn't understand half of the stuff that was written there but that didn't matter. He just read and read and at the end hoped to have grasped at least some information.

 

 


Information that he could apply on Sehun's case.
 

 



Information that would keep him going. 
 



Information that would help him to wake his beloved boyfriend up.



 


When he had noted everything down and supposed that it would change the situation, he was ready to use it. He was ready to travel to the future in order to Sehun again. To see Sehun's smile again to have Sehun consciously with him. Him sleeping next to Lu Han was not helping anymore. It did at the start but now it was just making it worse as Lu Han couldn't wait anymore. 
 



The urge to see Sehun again was bigger than his way of rational thinking. He couldn't concentrate anymore. Not in work or anywhere else. He would look at his paper when he working and ask himself why nobody doodled on it which Sehun usually did. The answer itself was easier than thinking to have found it.



He literally missed him. 
 



Not like the cute 'i miss u' texts one would send their partner.
 



There was something missing in Lu Han's heart and he needed it to be filled. To distract himself he would watch movies with Chanyeol or talk with Kris about the reason why he and Tao moved to Korea. He did everything to put him off the idea of using a damn unsecured time machine because he was so ing impatient. 
 

 


But it was not even impatience anymore. Lu Han really couldn't go on anymore without Sehun with him around. He wanted to see Sehun to only calm his hurt heart and not for selfish purposes. He knew that counting on a time machine which had a 1/5 chance of actually functioning was neither ideal nor smart.
 

 


Lu Han was stupid enough to not care.



Stupid enough to ignore Kris taking away the books about time. 
 

 


Stupid enough to think that Sehun would be happier like that.



They just had to see each other again. 


 

 



They all knew how he was suffering. Honestly speaking they all did. Even Tao and Kris who didn't even know him felt sad for the sleeping boy. Chanyeol kept his happy attitude on but that didn't mean that he wasn't missing Sehun as well. He really did, that boy was like his long lost soul mate. He was the only one that supported him with being with Baekhyun and gave him useful tips. 
 

 


He hated it when Lu Han never listened to him and said that he should just talk to Baekhyun. Like what the was he supposed to say? That he stalked him for the last three years? No thank you Chanyeol was not going to embarrass himself like that. It probably already happened but who cared? Like always Sehun would only laugh and tell him to ask Baekhyun out for a movie. 

 

 

 


Those ideas from Sehun were the most intelligent he would hear in a long time.

 


Now though he didn't care about those ideas, he had lost Sehun now he didn't want to lose Lu Han too.

 



His eyebrows were raised with confusion when he had witnessed how Lu Han simply removed the cover off the machine and threw it aside. He was surprised bewildered and totally caught off guard seeing this...thing and Lu Han was about to go in there as if it wasn't even a big deal. He didn't know how to react, should he call someone or himself stop Lu Han. It wouldn't be difficult the latter wasn't very strong.



His thought process was unexpectedly put on hold when he saw Kris running downstairs as if he had seen something he should have prevented.





"Lu Han didn't I tell you to stop this?!" He yelled and rushed towards the other who silently cursed and continued to speed up the procedure. 
 

 

Chanyeol didn't know who or what made him do that but he quickly grabbed Kris and held him. He assumed that Lu Han didn't want to be caught so Chanyeol didn't hesitate much to hold him tight. He was long enough friends with Lu Han to react instinctively and not question him at all.
 



"Lu Han you can't do this, Tao is going to kill me!" Kris shouted and struggled to free himself from the other boy who was surprisingly strong. 



 


He observed with horrified expression how Lu Han went into the machine and let his eyes trail over the buttons. He couldn't do that, it was no good. Lu Han didn't know what he was doing. He didn't know what he was getting himself into. He didn't know that this wouldn't stop him. It wouldn't change his mind Lu Han was set to meet the Sehun of the future. 





"This is for Sehun. I just need to find out what happened. I have a good reason for my irresponsible actions."


 



"Bu-"



 


Chanyeol couldn't stand it anymore and just let it out, seeing that Kris and Lu Han kept on arguing.







"BAEKHYUN IS STILL NOT TALKING TO ME!"






His plan backfired seeing that Kris and Lu Han groaned and both threw random stuff to their friend.








"SHUT UP CHANYEOL!"





"SHUT UP CHANYEOL!"


 

 


Being pushed by that much annoyance from Chanyeol's stupid outburst Lu Han pressed the button in anger. Yes he was angry. As soon as realisation came, he felt as if his head was splitting with pain. He couldn't stand on his feet since the machine began to move so he softly groaned and tried to stand up, but found himself be pulled down. He blinked few times to clear his visualization, and then shook his head. 

 

 


He gasped as this caused the pain in his head to intensify. Grimacing, he looked down on himself and found out that he had started what Kris wanted to prevent the most. 

 


What happened after that was just too much to put into mere words. 


 


Sehun was suddenly sitting on his bed, he was awake. 

 

 


Before Lu Han could come up with a very intelligent idea to stop the machine as what he wished came true—given it was already too late and the time was chosen Lu Han attempted on wobbly feet to stand up. He could hear Chanyeol and Kris saying things to him but he didn't understand. Lu Han felt tears in his eyes but he still didn't understand.


 


His eyes were only on Sehun who seemed like he was frozen on the spot.

 


Lu Han's breathing sped up when he realized for the second and third time. He wasn't prepared he was never prepared for what he saw when he gazed across the room. His heart beat slowly and with so much pressure. He without doubt knew who he was solely by his presence, the crushing, awful feeling invaded the air.


 


Lu Han had made a big mistake. 

 

 




But when Sehun raised his wrist up to show Lu Han the drawing, he knew that Sehun forgave him. 




 

 



Sehun-ah if it won't work and I by chance wander around...don't forget me okay? 
 

 

 


 

 




-x-

 

 

 

 

 



The pictures passed by so quickly.
 

 



Sehun had graduated from high school.
 

 


Lu Han's mother died. 
 



Chanyeol asked Baekhyun out.
 

 


He was not rejected. 

 


Tao's and Kris' wedding. 


 

 



This all happened within three years. 

 

 

 


Lu Han just stood there, squeezing his eyes from the light. He witnessed how time passed how everyone grew older up to that picture when Sehun was having a child in his arms. He knew that this was now his chance. He installed the time machine like that so that he would only travel through three years and not further in time.

 

 

 


He had one minute. 
 

 



One minute to see future Sehun. 


 

 


And if he didn't mess up anywhere with the machine and did everything as it should have been then Lu Han would be back in the present time. He clenched his fists and crushed his teeth together. His great strategy was nothing more than desperation with a dash of determination and hope for a miracle. It was hard to breathe. His chest was burning and he was so tired.
 

 



He was sure that he would pass out any minute now. He could not pass out, he thought hysterically. If he would then all his effort were gone everything he worked on would be for nothing. So he just went into the literal uncertain future. Did his presence already change anything? Would his future self disappear? 


 

 



Lu Han could only hope. 
 










He found himself laying on a floor. 


 



In a foreign apartment. 

 

 



It was a sunny morning, Lu Han could feel it. 

 




He struggled to get up but eventually plopped himself on a couch. 

 

 



There was someone standing at the door frame. 

 

 



It was the same Sehun he saw on the picture with a little baby girl in his arms. After gawking at Lu Han for what it seemed to be for hours he moved finally, like in slow motion. He walked up to him, while the baby blabbed nonsense and frequently slapped Sehun's cheek. But he didn't mind and was still in trance not even telling his daughter to stop.
 


It was the first time Lu Han got to take a good look of his face and felt excited to see that he still looked like he always believed did. He didn't change at all it was like he was looking at a mirror where past Sehun was showing. He obviously grew but his facial features didn't even consider changing. Lu Han thought too much about that and had to hurry.
 

 



He had already wasted too much time.

 


 


"I remember you doing this baby~! You are baby from the past! Such a shortie~" Sehun smiled excitedly and approached the overwhelmed Lu Han who did his best to push his tears back. He wiped them away but they kept on falling and even when Sehun was right in front of him he didn't have the power to stop his tears.

 


He lifted his hand and cupped the cheek from his supposedly daughter and his other hand held Sehun's cheek. 
 

 



"Sehun please forgive hyung for making stupid mistakes."

 

 



Sehun touched Lu Han's hand with his own which was on cheek.
 

 



"It's okay. Everyone does." He comforted and pulled him in a hug. He began to Lu Han's back and pulled him. The shorter whimpered, it was right to him. Being in his arms. He was strong, yet tender. He could take in his scent, he still smelled the same. He was the same stupid brat. And Lu Han honestly couldn't wish for more. He was happy, so so happy. 



 



But he still had to leave. 
 

 

 



Not even having the time to properly say goodbye he vanished. It was okay, as long as he knew that Sehun was there. That Sehun had a future. He didn't know with whom and wouldn't further look into it. He would leave it up to time with who Sehun would spend his life with. He would obviously be more than happy to know if it would be him.

 

 

 


Even so Lu Han decided that he wouldn't stick his nose into that.




 

 


The baby was squealing and repeatedly patting Sehun's face as if she was as glad as her father. He at first smiled but then burst out in a loud laughter. He kind of knew that this was going to happen. He had to, this was the future. Being happy that Sehun was in such a good mood she also laughed with him. 


 

 

 


He was abruptly stopped since someone threw a wooden spoon against Sehun's head.

 

 

 

 

 


"Stop laughing like a freak and help me cook. I don't want her to be like you."
 

 



The person crossed their arm over the chest with blown up cheeks.

 

 



Sehun turned around and cheerfully jogged towards his upset lover. 
 


 

 

 


-x-
 



 

 

 




Nervous seconds of hoping that Lu Han was unhurt and would return passed by. It was the first time in a while that someone had used the time machine. That was why Kris was so worried as well as Tao. From panic pushed their hands suddenly were on the other's and eventually intertwined. In times like these they had to hold onto what they had.


 



Chanyeol's brain was empty.

 


He didn't understand. 

 


He really didn't know what was going on.

 


He just prayed that Lu Han would return.

 



Sehun was probably as clueless as him but after seeing what happened he concluded the most reasonable explanation. Even if it was so ridiculous. Even it was so mind twisting. Sehun could only trust Lu Han and understand his reasons for his actions. 




In that second when they all had expected it the least, Lu Han literally was thrown away from the inside of the machine.

 



Kris reacted in an impact and let go of Tao to run after and then catch him. 
 

 



But Sehun was meters in front of him. 

 

 


He raised his arms and caught Lu Han with so much ease that Chanyeol's brain still couldn't keep up.



Lu Han's face was slightly bruised though he could force a weak smile upon his lips. He rested his temple against Sehun's chest.




"What's my name? Do you still love me? Even like me? Do you still recognize me? If would fall again would you catch me another time?" Lu Han asked and asked maybe weird and maybe smart questions. His head was a mess but he needed answers he needed to know if it was possible of them having a future together. 
 



Lu Han believed in a future where Sehun would be in.
 

 




Though Sehun could silence him with two words. 


 

 


He smiled.


 

 


"Baby yes~"



 

 


Maybe Lu Han wanted the clock-hand to go a tiny bit faster.

 

 



Maybe. 


 


 



 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


Can someone tell me why it feels like I've just written a movie/drama? 


No? 

Never mind my question. 



I really hope you guys like this.


bomi xoxo