Chapter 1

Home

It was 2026. 8 years since we have had everyone home. 

No more military services. Everyone is home. 

But we weren't the same. 

Yes, Super Junior was together still. We performed, made a new album every year or so, but everyone slowly drifted. 

Leeteuk and Heechul pursued mc careers, always on reality shows and music shows. 

Kangin often joined them but stayed more out of the public eye. 

Siwon was in new films and dramas. We often saw Kibum with him too. 

Shindong and Sungmin did radio. I had my own show that I did at night too but we all had different radio times. 

Yesung, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun produced solo albums for new artists. They did ballads for dramas and musicals as well. 
 
Zhou Mi and Henry branched out and formed a sub unit that promoted in the Chinese music market. Their newest album had a song featuring Hangeng. I remember finding out and feeling a sense of completeness. 

Donghae and I still performed with our little unit and did all the sports shows. Donghae did a few dramas while I stocked to mc-ing and radio. 


But every year or so, we all came back and made an album. 

 


Donghae and I moved out of the dorms after we returned from the army. 


The army was hell. It was horrible, seeing what people has to go through to protect our country. I was relieved when I received my letter of dismissal.

 

Returning home was beautiful at first. 

The returning party was so emotional. We had ELFs screaming and crying, welcoming me back. My members were there, mobbing me the moment I got out of the car. 

Leeteuk tackled me, hugging me close sobbing into my shoulder as I began to cry. 

I was back. 

I was....


I remember looking around after Leeteuk pulled away. 


"Where is..."

The camera lights flashed and the yells continued. But now it seemed overwhelming 

"Where is Donghae?"

A shadow passed Leeteuk's face as he quickly lead me to the company's van. 


Once inside the van and twenty minute after we left the press and vans, I asked again. 

"Where is Donghae?"

Leeteuk looked away while Heechul sighed and looked at me straight in the eyes. 

"Donghae was sent to the front lines."


South Korea was going to go patrol some islands in the pacific that were deemed a possible threat to national security. Donghae's troop was one of the ones chosen to be sent. The company kept this hidden from the public and desperately tried to keep the number of people who knew low. 

The minute we got back to the dorms, I fled to my room. 

Slamming the door shut, I slid down the door and collapsed on the ground. Sobbing. 

The room smelled like Donghae too. Every where I looked there was Donghae. 

Everything just screamed Donghae. 

 

And he wasn't there. 


This wasn't home. 


It could never be home. 

 

 


I came out of my room a few hours later.  Yesung handed me a cup of tea and I sat down on the sofa. 

"How long have you guys know?" My voice was shaky. 

"About a month" murmured Leeteuk. 

I breathed in slowly, nodding, accepting the information. 

Kangin handed me a letter, patted my shoulder and ushered everyone out.  


Setting my now empty cup down, I flipped the letter over to see the front. 

To Lee Hyukjae 

It was written in Donghae's handwriting. 

Quickly opening the letter, I snatched the letter out of the envelope, opening it to see words written by the person I love. 


"Dearest Hyukkie,"

He drew a little monkey with hearts next to it. 

"If you are reading this, than the request was approved and I was sent to the front lines. Yes, you read that right.  Request. 

When the mission was introduced a number of troops were considered. It narrowed down to two more to join the group. 

Mine and yours. 

Each of our troops were equal, but they were going to choose yours because your troop had more training. 

But, and this is where you're going to kill me, I couldn't let you go somewhere it wouldn't be safe.

So, after consulting my troops, we all sent a letter to the commander of the plan, requesting us to go instead. 

They said yes. 

Hyukkie baby, I love you. I just can't let you go out of my reach. Again.

I can't lose you again. 

So I am writing this, the day before we are sent out. 

I want you to know that I love you. That I'm never going to leave you. I will love you forever and always. 


You are home. And I will be coming home


Love, your dearest Donghae."

There was a little fishy with a heart waving goodbye at the bottom. 

 

Sobbing, I let the letter and envelope fall from my hands. 

Through my cries, there was a small clunk on the ground. 

Pausing, I looked over the sofa where the letter and envelope fell. 

On the ground, having slipped out of the envelope, was a blue USB with a Nemo sticker on it. 

I picked it up and grabbed my laptop. Turning it on and plugging in the drive, I quickly logged in and located the USB. 

It was called anchovy.

Oh Donghae...


Opening the USB, there was one folder untitled. Clicking it, I opened to see a bunch of audio files. All titled after our songs. 

Confused, I clicked "neorago". 

The music began to play and I waited impatiently for the opening lines. 

And it was Donghae's voice. 

Shocked, I listened to the whole song, and the next and the next. 

All Donghae's voice. 

Every song Super Junior did, all the subunits and various versions included. All in Donghae's voice. 

 

And that is what I had playing on a loop till he came back. 

 

I remember the day he came back. It was about six months after I got back. 

At the time, I was a kettle of emotions 

As Heechul constantly reminded me during that time, "an emotional PMSing "

I was

I was hurt by Donghae's decision to leave me. Angered that he didn't tell me. Sad and lonely because I was alone and irritated because I couldn't contact him. 

I was a wreck. 

That night, we had an award show. All dressed up in suits, we waved and politely smiled for all the cameras as we filed into our row, with me at the end near the aisle. 


The night went on, full of performances, awards and clapping. We took pictures and greeted others, hugged friends. 

The whole time, I just felt empty, wanting the night to end. 


The show was ending and the award for "Best Group" came. It was our last nomination of the night. 

Drumming my fingers impatiently, I waited through the list of nominees to end before the announcer began speaking. 


"And the winner is...SUPER JUNIOR!"

There was a round of applause and we all stood up, bowing politely when the announcer continued. 

Confused, we all looked up at the stage 

"As a special guest to give Super Junior their award, back from the army..."

No way

"Lee Donghae!"

And there he was


Still in his uniform, walking out from backstage carrying the award was my grinning fishy boyfriend 


Everything slowed down as his eyes met mine. His smile widen and I felt my gummy smile beam


I took off running, ignoring everyone else and ran up the stage. Donghae quickly handed the announcer the award as he opened his arms. 

Beginning to cry, I choked out a happy sob as I jumped in his waiting arms. 

The crowd exploded as he spun me while I cried on his uniform. 

"You're home" I mumbled into his shoulder. 


He laughed and kisses the top of my head as the rest of our group ran up to us. 

"I'm home," he said. "I'm home...."


He pulled back and looked at me


"I love you"

 

 

 

**OMG you guys!!! So many subscribers already I'm going to cry right now. Thank you all for reading! One or two more parts to go~ love you all'