Final

Six Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: excuse me this fic is 10,120 words with 33 pages, i hope after you found time to read this, you'll leave a comment for me T^T .. even a 10 characters only huhuhu. Grammars are not checked cos i'm tired as . Thank you for reading hihi.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was nervous, he has to admit that.

First human being to ever get close to him this near, within the four boring walls of this room, whose eyes scrutinize every detail he can see, one hand never left his trolley (as if Kyuhyun would steal something from it, he assumed) and his other hand tucked under his chin, supporting it effortlessly.

While Kyuhyun, who suddenly felt suffocated no matter how much space is between them, eyes darting stealthily from his game to the smaller man seated on his bed, yes you read it right human, on his ing bed. Goddamit, jesus.

“Where should I sleep later,?”

The voice was soft like as if the man was questioning his self more than addressing Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun thought he likes it, he means- he likes how timid the guy was, maybe, just maybe, he can subject him to daily servant-master relationship in exchange of letting him stay in his dorm.

“I told you I am not expecting a roommate here. My parents together with me with the confirmation of the dean had paid this room for the whole semester with a single occupant which means—“

The smaller man jumped on the bed, testing how bouncy it is before diving straight on it, ruining how neat and order the bed like how Kyuhyun wanted it to be.

“Bull! At least change your clothes first and fix your bag! , if I am not busy with the here in this level I will call this to the department already and have you banned from here because of this intrusion of ing privacy—wait, is there a thing in law- but whatever—hey!”

Kyuhyun slumped his body on the floor, just at the foot of the bed with his face facing the footprints designs on the pinks socks of the smaller man who is softly snoring on his bed. Repeatedly, he punched the feet, tickled it and even poked it with a pencil but good lord, the guy was comatosed.

With an evil glint in his eyes, he got an ink, a piece of paper and with a mind of a murderer, he wrote:

 

I, whose thumb mark printed at the end of the paper, truthfully and wholeheartedly allow myself to be Cho Kyuhyun’s personal servant for the rest of my stay here in exchange of free shelter and if master allows, free food.

 

He cackled.

This.

Is a start of a new life.

 

 

---

 

 

Lee Sungmin is one of the students who always try to find the poetic side of things. He likes talking and by talking you will realize how playful he is with his words just like how he can describe the setting sun as if it is the most beautiful on earth, you will never realize that until Lee Sungmin talks to you.

Sungmin likes changes, he never likes routines.

They are boring, he said. It is tiring and repetitive; it is like using the same words to describe a certain subject.

He likes changing patterns and he wants to be the one changing it.

That is why when his mother told him to enroll in university as a student majoring in English literature, he had to bite back some revolting words. He doesn’t want to be tied by university’s demands and requirements.

He just wanted to travel and experience things and with experiences, he will learn.

And that’s why he ended up rooming with a certain nerd and from what the label says, a STARCRAFT enthusiast.

He woke up with the sound of his stomach screaming in hunger. For a moment he was disoriented, lost with why the surrounding walls are not in colored in pink and when he stretched his arms, that’s only when he realized he is still wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday.

“Ugh, oh right, I am in the dorm now.”

Sungmin groaned sleepily.

He gets his notebook and browsed his schedule and he cringes with how he would be having the same life from eight in the morning to three in the afternoon.

He was about to stand up and change his clothes and look for some food when the door creaked open and his very kind and accommodating roommate entered.

“Oh good, you’ve woken up.”

Sungmin eyed Kyuhyun warily and he is not liking the green striped socks the other is wearing and also the square rimmed glasses and the brown tousled soft-looking hair, oh wait, he likes the hair. A bit. Yeah.

“Okay so I see that you have classes from Mondays to Fridays, 8 AM to 3 PM blah blah blah that means you still have time to make our breakfasts and you will be back here earlier than me so you will also prepare our dinner and---“

“Wait the up dude, I am your roommate not your nanny or ahjumma or whatever.”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows because for a moment, his cute roommate called him dude and another thing, the once soft voice was replaced with a low manly one and Kyuhyun felt like cold hands clawing his back, no.

“You just put your thumb mark here. On our agreement.”

“On our—what?”

Then Sungmin saw the piece of paper Kyuhyun is holding and never mind the small spark he felt when Kyuhyun held his thumb, showing it to his face to see the ink on it, never mind the small smirk gracing Kyuhyun’s lips and how he his own lips afterwards.

“You just agreed to a servant-master contract, princess.”

Once it dawned on him, Lee Sungmin forgot all the wonderful things in the world, he forgot all the poetry s in the world because right here and right now he wants to murder the Cho ing Kyuhyun.

Later that night when Kyuhyun is about to sleep on his bed, Lee Sungmin pulled him down on a makeshift bed at the floor and before the gamer can even react, Lee Sungmin spread his body out and his face sporting something akin to a murderous smirk.

“I’m a princess right? You sleep on the floor, me on the bed.”

“—“

“Goodnight.”

Kyuhyun swears he dislikes changes and Sungmin swears this is a good start of change.

 

---

 

Sungmin considered that the free breakfast from his roommate isn’t that bad besides cooking is his thing so who is he to decline such polite offer, if it was even polite in the very first place. The room is even pretty big with a kitchenette inside, a bathroom and two study tables can fit, he even heard Kyuhyun asking for couch inside the dorm.

“He must be pretty rich I mean the spoiled brat ones.”

Sungmin isn’t new to those fancy things it is just he keeps his profile low, not a single trace of how rich he really is.

He learned that Kyuhyun’s schedule starts at ten however it ends up at seven in the evening which he won’t mind because that would be long enough for a solo freedom on dorm, yahoo- his mind said.

After he finished cooking he decided to look around, not that there are things to explore about but Kyuhyun had set up his gaming materials and it amazes him how cool the gadgets are. Born as a solo son doesn’t give him a chance to experience things like this, ah only if—

“Oh this is cool.”

He held the joystick and one remote control and playfully punched the keys.

“You game too?”

Sungmin almost dropped the console if not for his fast reflex then he abruptly faced Kyuhyun who is still lying on the floor except that his eyes are trained to Sungmin. For awhile, his gaze rests on him, carefully scrutinizing the messy bed hair and the lazy eyes that tried to match his gaze.

Sungmin wondered why suddenly there is a heat traveling to his cheeks and he thought he could be blushing but he thought too, that maybe because he was caught touching the things that doesn’t belong to him.

“I- I don’t.”

He put the controller back and stood up, dusting the nonexistent particles off from his pajamas and he swiftly walked to the kitchenette not noticing how Kyuhyun’s eyes followed him and how those eyes marveled on his back longer than how much Kyuhyun intended.

He pulled his chair and eats, settling first on devouring the eggs not even waiting for his roommate.

“I can teach you.”

He looked up and for a moment Sungmin thought he is going to choke, the bread was stuck halfway down his throat and his milk is still hot, not good to drink on it to drown the bread to his stomach, good thing he managed to push it down before he was thrown into a coughing fit.

Kyuhyun is not wearing his glasses and the v-neck of his white shirt shows his delectable collarbones and Sungmin internally asked what is wrong with him. Yesterday he was angry and where is all of these confusing thoughts coming from?

“I am just curious. No need to teach me.”

Sungmin stood up, ready to leave.

He decided it is not good to get worked up early in the morning and , he only have ten minutes to walk from dorm to his classroom.

But before he can even close the door he saw Kyuhyun’s hand reaching the door knob and opening the door again and Sungmin swears, for a moment he thought Kyuhyun is going to walk him out or kiss him goodbye but no, Kyuhyun has to peek out with his eyes talking to him and his collarbones bidding him goodbye or maybe it is just him and his mind.

“I will teach you. You can’t say no.”

 

, too much change on the first day of college.

 

 

---

 

 

Kyuhyun learned that Sungmin’s eggs are the most delicious thing ever or more like the most delicious eggs ever.

That sounds wrong but seriously, those are the best eggs ever.

He already woke up the time Sungmin was preparing their breakfasts because the self-proclaimed princess clumsily clangs his pans and plates. Irritated with the noise, he was about to get up and shut whatever his roommate is doing but before he can attempt, the words died down on his throat.

Sungmin, the self-proclaimed princess was wearing his green apron that for Kyuhyun looked miraculously so good on Sungmin that he thought if Sungmin would still look good if the he’ll remove everything and just leave the apron alone.

Okay, that was weird.

So much apron thingy in the morning.

And the knot of the apron that rests on the small bump, the junction at the small of Sungmin’s back down to the curvature of his suddenly looked so interesting to Kyuhyun that he wouldn’t mind staring all along.

“I know you are awake.”

Kyuhyun thought he heard someone speaking.

“Kyuhyun.”

“Yes.”

Kyuhyun wondered why Sungmin looked at him like he was possessed then he went back to cooking but not before heaving a sigh. Ah, maybe he is staring so much.

“My class is only an hour away, I ate already, I took a bath already oh why I am even saying that to you so I am going now.” Sungmin untied the apron and Kyuhyun internally shouted “no” and that’s when Kyuhyun realized the other is wearing simple shorts, Sungmin’s hairless legs are free for Kyuhyun to feast and he wondered how many guys would openly stare on it.

Sungmin took his bag and it is pink, Kyuhyun noted that this guy maybe likes pink.

And when Sungmin was about to open the door, Kyuhyun chose the very moment to elicit some poetic words using his sharp tongue.

“Yummy.”

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun slowly like as if he doesn’t want to meet the other’s eyes because at the back of his mind, someone is whispering that this roommate of his is a ert.

And he was never wrong, Kyuhyun’s eyes looked like they are undressing him.

“What?”

“The eggs.”

“Your eggs are yummy.”

Sungmin thought he should also included Anger Management 101 to the subjects he will be taking this semester.

 

 

---

 

 

It was said in the contract that they should always eat together, Sungmin must cook the food and if circumstances won’t allow, Kyuhyun shall shoulder all the expenses for all the takeouts or dine in foods including the scoops of ice cream Sungmin insisted so Kyuhyun bribe him two scoops of ice cream in exchange of an hour of Starcraft.

“I told you I am not into games.”

He said as he the ice cream while making sure nothing rolls down to his chin because that would be embarrassing right?

“I am serious here.”

“Not that game but the Starcraft thingy just bribe me with something else.”

Kyuhyun chose not to look at Sungmin because he sees from his peripheral how seducing the other looked like with his pink tongue darting on that vanilla ice cream. Ah, good thing Sungmin proposed about the ice cream deal because he is enjoying this scene beside him.

“It just Starcraft don’t add the thingy there. Starcraft.”

That night Kyuhyun forgot to go to the counter to get the groceries his mom sent him so Sungmin and him just settled out for take outs for a change they chose chinese food this time, besides bibimbap for two consecutive weeks is too much for a routine.

But both of them are stupid with directions and because they are new to the surroundings they kind of not aware which street to take. They all see the tall building of their dorm but good lord, they don’t know what street to take.

So aside from their bickering of how to say the Starcraft correctly, they also argue which direction to take.

“If we go here we can actually get to the dorm fast.” Sungmin insisted as he alternately the ice cream.

And before he can even react Sungmin grabbed his hand already and Kyuhyun noted how slightly sticky it was because of the ice cream but he doesn’t mind because Sungmin’s hand is soft and Kyuhyun wanted to enclose his hand against Sungmin’s ones.

“Hey!”

Sungmin stopped and he pouted because he almost dropped the ice cream but he looked back at Kyuhyun silently asking why.

“It wasn’t me.”

“It’s me cutie.”

Sungmin flinched back, stepping backward, trying to move beside Kyuhyun and he was thankful that his roommate got the message. He was pulled behind Kyuhyun’s back and the hand that he was holding tightened around him.

“Kyuhyun, let’s go.” For a moment Sungmin thought Kyuhyun will punch the guy whose eyes are lewdly looking back at him but he was thankful Kyuhyun remained on his spot.

Watching with careful eyes, Kyuhyun studied the man as he pulled Sungmin along with him.

 

“Your girlfriend is so ing adorable.”

“Ah, boyfriend?”

The man’s voice is mocking and Kyuhyun wanted to punch the man square on his jaw if not for Sungmin trying to pull him faster.

“Look at how beautiful he is, man, he got the .”

Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun faster along with him the moment he felt that his roommate tried to attack the man.  He needs to keep Kyuhyun on his ground. Though it feels good that Kyuhyun was worked out because of him, he felt protected and especially how Kyuhyun’s jaw tightened and his eyes are menacingly beautiful, still, Sungmin doesn’t want something bad to happen.

“Can I your boyfriend?”

And suddenly Kyuhyun heard a shriek.

The man grabbed Sungmin from the back.

 

 

---

 

 

“Ouch!”

Kyuhyun winced loudly as he dab the cotton ball at Sungmin’s face. He was the one applying the medication but it seems like he was the one feeling the pain.

“When I was putting the ointment on you I was so gentle Kyuhyun! This is so unfair!”

Kyuhyun heaved a sigh. Because he really tried his best to be gentle so the princess is either a wuss or a over reacting one.

He dabbed once more and Sungmin hissed and without even thinking he clasped the smaller man’s face between his hands and carefully, he blew over the cut near the eyebrows. It happened after the man grabbed Sungmin and Kyuhyun pushed the man in attempt to free Sungmin from him. However it resulted to Sungmin slumping on the ground leaving bruises on his face and his palms.

“Kyuhyun?”

“There… there…,” Kyuhyun said as he casually dabs the ointment on Sungmin’s face.

Sungmin closed his eyes because Kyuhyun’s adam’s apple are perfectly parked near his eyes and Kyuhyun’s breath is fanning over his face, never mind the fact that his face was just held between his roommate’s palm.

That is too close for his own comfort.

“Do- do you want me to re-apply the ointment on your hand?” Sungmin tried to calm his self by asking Kyuhyun but he just realized that what he proposed his absurd because reapplying the ointment means having in contact with Kyuhyun’s hand again.

“It is okay, let’s just sleep.”

He eyed his roommate warily when he saw Kyuhyun lifting the covers and the other just shrugged so Sungmin just quietly followed. Kyuhyun pulled the blankets to his chin and patted his head, Sungmin scoffed because that’s completely unnecessary.

“Are-are you okay with sleeping on the floor.”

Sungmin is thankful that Kyuhyun had turned the lights off because he is sure his roommate can see the blush forming on his cheeks.

“Do you normally stutter like that cutie?”

“ off.”

“Goodnight, cutie.”

“ off, Kyuhyun.”

“But he’s right your is the bomb.”

“I will make sure your eggs tomorrow are burnt.”

“What eggs?”

“Ugh, shut up.”

 

That night Kyuhyun realized not only Sungmin’s hands are soft but his cheeks are soft too.

He wondered if his lips are the softest.

He laughed.

But one thing is sure, Sungmin’s is the bomb.

 

 

---

 

Several days had passed and yet no one had said a word about what happened.

It irked Sungmin the most but he thought maybe it was better that way. He wouldn’t know what to say even when confronted about that and he wouldn’t like to see the cocky expression from Kyuhyun, his not-so-adorable roommate.

Nothing changed with their routine.

He wakes up, cooks breakfast, wakes Kyuhyun up and do the morning rituals.

“Why do I even need to wake him up every day? I am his roommate not his nanny.” He grumbled while toasting the bread not noticing the moving lump on the floor.

 

Kyuhyun, for two weeks, had the best mornings in his life. He admits that having a roommate is not part of his plan but if waking up every day with this cutie whose backside was prominently accentuated by the green apron his mom bought, oh sweet pumpkin, how can he resist having a roommate like this.

Kyuhyun shifted his weight on the side, his elbow supporting his head as he silently watched his princess of a roommate.

Sungmin moves swiftly along the kitchenette. Kyuhyun loves watching how Sungmin walks from then and there, sipping his coffee then tossing the egg, checking the toasts and looking at the clock, Kyuhyun smiles – somehow that view alone already wakes him up.

It has been two weeks since Kyuhyun was sleeping on the floor because the princess- Sungmin- insisted that he should sleep on the bed. Kyuhyun suggested getting a second bed but Sungmin said he’ll be getting more cabinets for his washi tapes and vintage postcards and pile of magazines so he needs that space for that stuff. Kyuhyun wondered how big those collections Sungmin keeps that he needs such big space.

But he can’t complain sleeping on the floor with his makeshift bed though because every night before he went to sleep, he’ll sit on the floor just beside the sleeping Sungmin. And he’ll trace those features so well with his eyes. Silently giggling and adoring the cute little nose and Sungmin’s pouty lips which makes him looks like sleeping with his mouth open.

Every night Sungmin will toss and turn, mumbling some incoherent words and Kyuhyun will just listen.

Sometimes he’ll laugh. Sometimes he’ll hum Sungmin to sleep.

There were nights when Sungmin will lie on his stomach and would roll closer to the edge of the bed and Kyuhyun will catch a glimpse of the half of his face. Then Sungmin’s hand will dangle from the bed, knuckles touching the floor and Kyuhyun. Silently. He will hold Sungmin’s hand and encloses it with his own.

Those were the nights Kyuhyun will sleep with a smile on his face, totally liking how Sungmin’s hand fits his.

 

---

 

 

It confuses Sungmin so much how were on some mornings, he found his hand loosely holding Kyuhyun.

It never occurred to him that it was intended for he thinks that was just merely coincidental like they are both sleepy and maybe wandering in dream land that they didn’t notice the proximity of their hands.

Or maybe Sungmin knows and he just wanted to give a reason.

Sungmin concluded. That Kyuhyun is nice.

Except the times that he caught Kyuhyun staring weirdly at him but Kyuhyun is weird in the first place so he just shrugged the matter off.

There is this time that he had fallen sick.

One morning he can’t get up. He can’t cook Kyuhyun’s breakfast, he can’t open his eyes and Sungmin thought he was dying. Man, how high was his fever that time?

That morning, Sungmin saw the other side of Kyuhyun.

The motherhacker, as Kyuhyun is truly a hacker and Sungminnie doesn’t curse, really knows how to cook. And Sungmin took all the will not to slap his roommate for fooling him that he can’t prepare a decent meal because, holy macaroni, Kyuhyun’s chicken soup is so golden, the best ever.

 “Why did you even stayed under the rain?” Kyuhyun grumbled or whispered or whatever, Sungmin can’t really remember but the questions played in his head for weeks that he thought he could make a thesis out of it.

Why a simple question did struck him so much?

Is it the concern dripping from it?

Or the way how Kyuhyun’s fingers thread his hair as he, the sick one, succumbed to sleep?

“I am a just observing the rain. I need to get the feeling, you know…” he tries to explain as he struggles to be awake.

But there is another kind of feeling Sungmin needed to get.

 

What are we, roommates or friends?

We can be both.

Are friends holding each other’s hands to sleep?

I don’t know.

Roommates don’t do that.

Friends don’t, too.

 

Sungmin remembered very well how Kyuhyun’s hands wet the towel and wrung it after. Though with his dizzy state of mind Sungmin can remember very well the concern written in his roommate’s face as his hands are busy wiping the beads of sweat on his face.

When Kyuhyun lifted his upper body to put more pillows un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter