Strike 2

Shhh

"Junhong-ah, did you eat already?" Hara asked the moment she entered the cab. The driver was pretty stunned when he saw her and she smiled and told him the directions.

Zelo whined. "Noona, I'm not a kid."

"Did you, or did you not eat?" she asked, a little firmer this time, making Zelo groan and the driver chuckle at her sisterly tone.

"We have schedule until 9, I'll eat after." he said and she nodded. She couldn't help it but glance at the clock which said 8:45. "Daehyun hyung is getting ready to leave so..."

Hara's face turned red and she hid her face between her hands. "Yah! I didn't ask about him so you go film and eat right aftter it, okay?"

She found the driver trying his best to keep in the laughter when she hung up. "S-sorry, was I too loud?"

"Nope. Was that Zelo? My granddaughter is a big fan of him and my grandson loves you very much." the old man laughed shyly.

Hara smiled and looked at him. "Really? Should I give him an autograph?" 

 

***

 

"Yah Jung Daehyun." Hara hissed in a perfectly low dangerous voice when her 58th call went in to voice mail again. "If I don't see you in front of me in three seconds I'll skewer you until your throat burns."

Daehyun swallowed a pant when he heard her. "Why are you so violent?"

"Because..." she started, facing him with eyes turning in to slits. "It's 11:30 pm, Daehyun-ssi. I have an emergency filming tomorrow and I cut off my sleep this morning to make arrangements so no one would see us. You told me to clear my Saturday and then you have a schedule? Where's the humanity in that?"

She was so annoyed that tears were coming to her eyes, or maybe out of pure anger. Her fists were clenched and it took her everything to stop her urge to slap him or at least shout at him. Of course, Daehyun saw it and knew it was better to not argue. Instead, he hung his head and apologized before engulfing her in to a tight hug.

"It's my fault." he said, saying the words sorry  like a mantra. He did mean it, it was just the director demanded a few more takes because the audio bailed and he couldn't do anything or his managers won't let him meet her and he knew Hara wouldn't want to hear that so he didn't bother explaining himself.

Hara wriggled, trying to pry him away but he only held her tighter, "Well, everything is closed at this hour. I'm going home."

"No, please. I made a reservation..." Daehyun whimpered, giving her a weak expectant smile, knowing that Hara wouldn't be able to be mad at him for so long like he couldn't stay mad at her. 

Hara softened a bit but tried not to make it obivos as she huffed and crossed her arms around her chest. "Fine."

Daehyun did a mental fist in the air and he was surely proud of himself for cooing a feisty Hara. He intertwined his fingers with his before they ran down to the place he mentioned three blocks away.

 

"Ahjumma?" Daehyun called, knocking at the wooden doors of an old restaurant. Cleary it was closed but the male didn't seem to nitoce or mind. Hara was about to tell him that they should leave when the door opened ever so slightly. Half of the old woman's face showed and it was filled with delight,

She opened the door and told them to go inside. "DaeDae! Is this the girl you were talking about?"

"Y-yes," Daehyun admitted shyly, rubbing the back of his neck as his fingers squeezed hers slightly which caused her to chuckle a little. "We came here to eat though..."

The old woman slapped his arm and rolled her eyes. "When did you not come here to eat?"

And with that Hara burst out laughing with the old lady, their laughs over powering Daehyun's complains about them being so mean to him. 

 

Soon, the foods came and the two ate happily as the lady gave them privacy. Daehyun fed Hara a couple of times and she couldn't help it but blush and she mentally thanked him for not pointing it out.

"I really am sorry." Daehyun mumbled when the silence crept upon them. 

Hara opened to forgive him but she was interrupted by a loud ringing tone that belonged to her phone. 

"I'm eating dinner." she said, causing Daehyun to sigh. "Yes, yes, I'll just practice longer."

Daehyun's lip was almost torn off at the intensity he was biting them. At least, he knew what Hara felt in almost every time they see each other but this was obviously harder, knowing that she'd have to work until the sun rises without having much sleep and him being one of the reasons why she looks sickly stings him, hard.

 Hara reached out to hold Daehyun's hand as she gave him a soft warm smile.

 

"Dae...can we go home now?"