Chapter 9

It Will Always Be You

“Don’t come near me” She said while walking back but stopped by the wall.

“You are so beautiful” He pinned her to the wall

Naeun didn’t reply and tried to break free from his grasp but he is too strong. Myungsoo is holding her down and waiting for the kill. He is waiting for Taemin to arrive but he is still can’t be found on the rooftop.

With all her strength, Naeun tried to break free from his grasp but couldn’t because his hold on her wrist was strong and firm. She then kicked him in his crotch which made him release her and he fell on his knees. Naeun then quickly ran away from the rooftop.

Why didn’t Taemin go here?

---

Flashback

A few moments

Jongin was on his way to the restroom while talking to his girlfriend on the phone.

“Yeah….sure…see you this weekend, I’ll pick you up…okay…I love you too”

After doing his business on the bathroom he went out then heard voices. He peeked in the corner and saw Minah and a guy he can’t recognized because his back was facing him.

“Maybe her new guy, good so she can leave Taemin alone”

He was about to leave when he heard Taemin’s name being mentioned.

“Did you already put the notes in their lockers?” He heard Minah asked the guy

“Yeah and no one saw me put it there” The guy replied

“Good. Now go up in the rooftop and wait for them and I’ll wait here for Taemin after he will see you with the girl”

The guy just nodded and went to the stairs. Minah thought he saw someone but luckily Jongin went inside the bathroom so he could not be seen.

I should warn Taemin

Jongin grabbed his phone then dialed Taemin’s number

“Come on Taemin, pick up..pick up the phone”

Taemin didn’t answered his phone. Jongin tried a few more times but still no answer from him. He then ran and looked for Taemin.

I will not let my best friend’s heart be broken again

 

---

 

Taemin went straight to a flower shop near campus to buy a bouquet of roses.  When he went back to the campus, his heart started beating fast. He was nervous but excited. Today is the day he’s gonna confess and ask Naeun to be his girlfriend.

When he arrived at the staircase he heard some loud footsteps and someone shouting his name.

“Taemin!!!”

He squinted his eye to get a clear look on who is the person running towards him.

“Jongin?”

“Taemin..don’t…rooftop…” Jongin said while catching his breath

“I don’t understand” Taemin looked at him with a confused look

Jongin then took a moment to catch his breath first and told Taemin what he just found out.

“Don’t go to the rooftop” Jongin told him and took a seat on the stairs.

“Don’t? Why? Naeun told me to meet here there. She’s probably waiting for me right now.” He replied while looking down at him.

“It’s a trap Taemin”

“A trap? No, I don’t believe that Naeun will do that” Taemin replied while shaking his head. He cannot believe what he had just heard.

“Naeun didn’t do it”

“Then who?”

“It’s Minah”

---

“How did it go?” Minah said on the phone. She’s talking to Myungsoo.

“…” He didn’t said anything because he was nervous and scared to tell Minah that the plan didn’t went well.

“Myungsoo!! How did the plan go?” Minah said with irritation on her voice.

“I..It did not went as we want it to be” He replied

“What?!!!!” Minah shouted and the students looked at her. She went out and continued to talk to him.

“Why did it not happened? My plan was fool-proof”

“I thought so too, but Taemin didn’t went here in the rooftop. Then Naeun kicked me in the crotch then escaped”

“Why didn’t Taemin went there?”

“I don’t know.”

“You are useless. And your date with Hyeri will never happen.”

“Minah I-“ Myungsoo didn’t finish what he was about to say because Minah hanged up.

“AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!” Minah shouted. She was frustrated that the plan did not worked. She thought of this thoroughly and expected that it will work. But then she remembered earlier when she was talking to Myungsoo. She thought she saw someone eavesdropping on them. If it is true that someone really heard them then it will be much worse because for sure then whoever is that person will tell Taemin about their plan.

This is not happening

---

Jongin then told Taemin all the things he heard earlier, about Minah and this guy trying to interfere with him and Naeun. He knew that Minah likes him but he didn’t expect that the she will do things like this. She obsessed with him. Like a Sasaeng fan.

“Thanks man. If not for you, I wouldn’t know what will happen.” Taemin said and patted Jongin on the shoulder.

“No problem dude” He smiled at him

Taemin smiled back then looked at the flowers he was holding and remembered something

“Naeun!” He turned his back on Jongin and went to the rooftop as fast as he can. Jongin soon followed his best friend

---

Naeun ran as fast as she can when she was able to escape from his grasp. She was crying while running. She felt manipulated. She was really hurt. She can’t imagine that such thing will happen to her.

She stopped to catch her breath but her crying didn’t. All you can hear at the staircases are her sobbing. She felt her knees become weak then she sat down on the floor and hugged her knees. She was shaking, her whole body was shaking. The event at the rooftop earlier is still implanted on her mind and she was scared. And then she heard footsteps. Her heart started beating fast because she thought that it was the guy from earlier but she heard a voice, a voice she is familiar with.

“Naeun!”

She then stood up and ran towards where the voice is coming from.

“Oppa!!”

She immediately hugged Taemin when they reached each other then the tears started to flow again. Taemin rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

“It’s okay Naeun-ah, I’m here.”

Naeun didn’t say anything. She just kept crying on Taemin’s shoulder. When she heard his voice and saw him, somehow she felt relieved that he was here.

Taemin released the hug when he felt that she stopped crying then he wiped her tears using his thumbs.

“Are you hurt? Tell me what happened.” Taemin said when Naeun calmed down.

“I..I went to the rooftop because I received a note in my locker and I thought it was you who wrote the note but when I arrived, it was a different person.” She replied, looking at his face

“I also received a note to come there and I also thought that it came from you.”

“You too oppa? But, how come you didn’t go there?”

“Well, I was about to go then Jongin stopped me. He said that it was a trap.” Taemin then sat down on the stairs.

“A trap?” Naeun was shocked when she heard it then sat beside Taemin.

“Yes. And Minah is the one behind it. Good thing Jongin heard them and stopped me. Then I remember that you also received a note so I went up to go to you. Thankfully you’re okay.”

“But why oppa? Why did Minah did this? I haven’t done anything wrong to her.”

“Well she likes me, maybe the write term is obsessed. But no worries, I’m here for you Naeun.” He smiled at her and held her hand. Naeun just smiled and squeezed his hand

“I’ll protect you Naeun.” Taemin said and pecked her forehead. Naeun didn’t respond as she was surprised that Taemin kissed her in the forehead. But she didn’t mind, she liked it.

“Oh, there you are” Jongin said when he saw them.

“Are you okay, Naeun?” Jongin said to her

“Hmm” Naeun nodded then turned her head to Taemin

“Oppa, I wanna go home”

“Okay”

Taemin insisted that he will bring her home but Naeun said that she will okay and will just took the bus. Taemin then agreed and said to call or text him once she arrives home. When he made sure Naeun rode the bus, he went back to the campus and looked for someone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello readers.

Here’s an update as promised kekeke

Tell me what you think. Comment down below if you can, it gives me strength when I see your comments :)

And my break is already over, back to school tomorrow hahaha.

Thank you and happy reading!!!!