Extension/Meet the Judges

RISE - A Taeyang Writing Contest

[DEADLINE EXTENSION]

As hinted in my previous feed, I am extending the writing contest.  When I originally set the deadline, I envisioned myself spending the quiet after-holiday break at home, chugging hot cocoa next to the fireplace, while reading all of your wonderful YB stories. ^^  But life happens.  I have a few critical projects at work lined up that are consuming my evenings through year-end.  In addition, I will be traveling in January (I'll be in Osaka, kicking off my 2015 with a "BIGBANG" O.o) so I don't think I'll get to all of your entries before I leave.  Instead, I will review stories when I return and offer that time away as an extension to you.

This deadline extension is only for chaptered stories entered in the contest before December 31, 2014.  Deadline for these entries will now be February 28, 2014 (or earlier, depending on completed entries).  If you've entered a chaptered story and do not think you will meet the deadline, please let me know sooner rather than later (comment or PM me).  I plan to award quickly and want to respect the other entries that have finished their stories.  Reminder:  Please make sure to follow all contest rules (linking back, subscriber-only mode off, etc) to avoid being disqualified.  Aside from deadline extension for chaptered stories, all other contest rules still apply.

NEW DEADLINES
ONE-SHOTS:  DEC 31, 2014
CHAPTERED:  FEB 28, 2015
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: DEC 31, 2014
GOOD LUCK!!!

[MEET THE JUDGES]

Please welcome the judges!  All are long-time Taeyang fans and avid readers.  I've asked them to provide an introduction below (sorry - I must have given everyone different interview questions, lol!) so you could get to know us a little better.  As you can see, we're pretty forgiving (& maybe a bit crazy, lol). ^^  We're just happy about all the YB fanfics out there!

 

msvickie

YB-Stan Experience:  I've liked Taeyang since the "Wedding Dress" era, but I become a diehard fan summer of 2012.  The boys were on their Alive Tour and I had just run out of old BigBang TV episodes to watch.  Bored out of my mind, I clumsily googled "Taeyang Romance" (What was I expecting to find!?!?) and discovered my first fanfic on AFF.  So inspired, I bit the bullet and wrote my first story here and never regretted it.  I've meet so many wonderful Taeyang fans and great writers! 

Stories I love to read:  Aside from the Rubric, I enjoy stories that are descriptive.  Historical romance.  High-tension dramas with some angst.  Romantic comedies.  Fables - anything with a lesson or deep meaning. 

Anything else?:  I only write on AFF and only Taeyang stories at the moment.  I occassionally dabble in graphics and donate artwork to a YB int'l fansite from time to time.  I'm a weird Taeyang fan.  I like his hair.  All of his hair.  >.<  From armpit to happy trail, I will spend hours lusting over YB's wiry man parts.  I love his stubble and secretly mourn his braids.  The blonde is simply gorgeous but the mohawk will forever live in infamy.  I will cry the day Dong Youngbae goes bald.

nefertina

YB-Stan Experience:  I've been a YB stan for about 5 yrs or so. 

Stories I love to read:  What I look for in a good read is realism, smooth flow, and proper grammar/language usage (sorry, am a bit of a grammar nazi). 

Anything else?:  Outside of AFF, I have my own blog which is gathering cobwebs as we speak, I do occasional music reviews for another blog and I write opinion editorials for a local community paper.

A/N:  Check out nefertina's Against All Odds  It's one of my favorite stories due to the way authornim portrays YB! 
simplYBe

YB-Stan Experience:  25% YB fanmom extraordinaire. 25% YB voice connoisseur. 25% YB eyesmile lover. 25% YB body enthusiast. 100% YB stan!!!

Just kidding. I have tons of interests outside of Mr. Dong YoungBae. But there's just something irresistible about him, don't you agree? Maybe it's his corny sense of humor or that perfect, heart-melting eye smile. Or it might be his soulful vocals and his unmatched passion for music. Also can't forget his tendency to dance like no one is watching. Or wait, I think it's his humbleness and amazing heart. Whatever it is, YB has a certain je nais se quoi about him that has reeled me in since 2007 and kept me hooked! He's such a life-ruiner. Sigh.......

Stories I love to read/Anything else?:  I don't know if I am the most qualified person to judge things about YB, but I will try my best!  Good luck to everyone writing and thank you for giving me this opportunity!  It is always an interesting adventure to see the different ways YB can, and will, be portrayed. Most importantly, have fun writing!

lilxceejay85

YB-Stan Experience:  I have been a fan of Taeyang and the rest of BigBang since a little after they have debuted in 2006. I was all about their music but I got heaviliy involved in the YB madness this year resulting me in actually meeting the guy multiple times (I’m living a freaking fanfiction)… my love continues to grow for him.

Stories I love to read:  I like descriptive stories with angst and comedy. Stories that can actually happen in real life. I’m also a romance sap so you got me on those.

Anything else?:  I also write on AFF but life happened and I kinda stopped… I plan on finishing my stories but when I don’t know. I translate for one of YB’s fanclubs and uh… I tap dance? yeah okay bye!~~~