#f2eee6

#e6f2ee

We never really went together very well - I was the chalk to your cheese, the plasic to your metal, the ground to your sky. Sometimes I worry that I'm dragging you down.

I don't know, I think we balance eachother out. Sometimes I think that I distract you too much. You're so focused and I'm so flawed - maybe it's a bad thing to fly away so often.


       Suzy hadn't always been a daydreamer. Her head was always in the clouds, despite her parent's distaste. While trying to focus on her studies was near impossible, and she almost always inevitably resulted in looking out of the windows at the clouds, or doodling something aimlessly on her desk with little regard for the people around her- this was not the person she once was. It was as if the spark in her, the one that made her studious and attentive and intelligent and beautiful was just extinguished one day, along with all ambition and drive just disappearing. What had triggered it was hard to say, as she had no significant scarring backstory, nor a deep long-running feud with a neighbor or whatever from a young age. It was just that one day she had woken up and her textbooks had looked just that little bit less attractive than they had eight hours ago. And that was that.

       "Snap the out of it," a harsh whisper came, along with a sharp pain to her Achilles tendon from behind. Swiveling her body in place to locate the source of the attack, her eyes locked with that of her boyfriend, Myungsoo. He was giving her a confused and harsh gaze, one that just oozed with disappointment. Get off my case. He was your typical 'looks like a badass, acts like a complete dork,' types, incredibly clever but hilarious- oh, and did she mention bloody gorgeous. He widened his eyes, probably trying to give her some sort of signal or telling off, though her own eyes were tired from the three consecutive all-nighters she'd pulled, so it was honestly a miracle that she was still able to sit up straight, let alone solve cryptic facial puzzles. 

       "Excuse me, for the fourth time, Miss Bae," The sound came harsh, furthering her perpetual headache. With a sigh, she turned back, finding the entirety of the class, as well as the professer, staring at her in anticipation and boderline-annoyance. The teacher continued, "--Have you got a value for 'd-1(x2y)' yet?"

       "Uh- yeah. x=1."

       "Incorrect. See me after the lesson."


       "Why are you even concerned all of a sudden?! It's not like I was ever any good at math, anyway," Suzy could feel herself snapping back at the professor, though she felt so distant and removed from the situation that she couldn't even stop.

       "Tell that to the 97 you got last term. Did you go on a forgetting course or something?...." This endless chain of 'I'm just disappointed' and 'you could be doing so much better like you were before, when you just apply yourself,' actually passed quite quickly when she nodded passively, pretending to listen. She'd heard it all before, and wasn't in the mood for more feelings of distaste aimed towards her.

       "--Is that it then, sir? I'm gonna be late for art." Her interruption was intentionally loud, sudden, cutting. 


      Greeting her just outside the door of the class was Myungsoo. The sight of him was enough to repulse her, causing her to sigh, making her opt to completely ignore the guy and walk straight past without a word. She strutted to her locker, feeling his presence following closely behind. A little space would've been nice, and the last person she wanted to hear from just after her good old scolding from her math teacher over her five-grade drop in her test scores was a 'motivational talk' from her prissy honor-roll man-candy. She opened her locker. 

       "What is with you?" He inevitably asked, after an elongated silence filled only by the mutterings of the other students making their way to their classes.

       "Nothing. I'm just having a bad day."

       "It's not even just a bad day anymore though- you've been all detatched for the last six months, almost. You can't focus in class, I barely see you eat, plus I can't remember the last time we had an actual deep conversation with me. It's like you're a different person.

       "Listen," She states, slamming the door shut and turning to face him. His face looks puffier than usual, "Stop having a go, alright? It's just a bad day, and honestly you're making it worse by shouting at me."

       "I'm not even shouting! I-" He pauses, his breath slowing. He rubs one of his temples with one hand,  his eyes shiny, "I- can't even deal with you anymore. You don't give me any room to work with. This isn't the girl I fell in love with all those years ago."

       "Jesus, Myung, why do you always have to make everything into a thing? Just leave it, alright?"

       "No, I won't leave it. I don't know what's gotten into you, but it's ugly. I think we should break up."

       "Are you kidding me? God- you're so melodramatic. Really, you're pissing me off." Her voice is level, her fear not showing, but being incredibly visible through her weak and faint facial features.

       "Don't call me again. I'm leaving now. Goodbye, Su." He his heel, and just as quickly as he had come into her life, he was walking away again. I mean, sure, she'd see him in class, but was it really over? Two- three years of dating down the drain. Wait-

        She turned back to her locker, the area that her eyes had neglected to actually see because her eyes was always glossed over and unfocused. Sitting inside was a single white rose, and a note attatched.

Happy 3rd anniversary, Su. I doubt you'll remember, because you never remember anything these days, but- I've enjoyed my time with you.  Love always, -Myung.

 

 

Okay- So what do you think? First chapter! I think she's struggling with her identity, motivation and mental wellbeing, but I think the rest of what she's suffering with mentally can be left to your imagine. Please leave me feedback, I'd love it! Also subscribe for more. -Jenn x