Volume I

Last Fantasy ✡ The Sorcerers
 
VOLUME I: It's only the Beginning. 

 

 

         Puzzling rays of light of different colors and power shoot every direction in the woods. The rustling of leaves and heavy footsteps sprinting can be heard in the deep area of the forest, turning at every corner they may find; the animals turning into frenzy with all the unusual turmoil they heard. It was a normal day in the forest, all peace and calm, until a certain leader decided to cause havoc in the forest.

The figure ran as fast as she could without using any of her powers, but worse-case scenario, she’ll have to state a bloody hell battle with the foe that seems unnecessary. While running up ahead without any thoughts of stopping, the lass abruptly turned and hid behind a tree. The girl breathed heavily despite the fact that she needs to stay silent in order to run away.

 

“Well, what do we have here?” She heard a husky voice whispering; almost panting. The girl turned her head in surprise only finding the man she was running away from, only an inch apart from her face.

“Jaebum..” She muttered, eyes widening.

 

Lim Jaebum.

 

The mightiest sorcerer of all men on their own kind. Though he is the mightiest, it’s only among men. If he would be compared to overalls, he’s not that great; so he’s been ought to kill the greatest of them all – the princess, Kwon Jaekyung. She is ranked the best of all the best, and the most powerful sorcerer of all. She has been given the privilege to have her own kingdom as a reward for being hard working that she attained the highest rank of being a sorcerer and for her own safety as well, but Jaebum managed to surpass her borderline everytime.

In their world, if a sorcerer kills another of its kind, the power that person has would pass on to whoever got the sorcerer killed. That’s why Jaebum wanted her, if she gets killed by his own hands; her powers would pass on to him. He would finally be on top and people would bow down to him like he’s some kind of God.

 

She yelped in surprise and tried to get away, but the strong man took hold onto her shoulders. Fear quickly shot through her and sadly, she thought, she had to use her powers. Jaekyung swiftly brought her hand up and aimed it directly on his face.

“WOAAH!” Jaebum flew up in the air, landing ruthlessly on the ground before stumbling over and over.

While Jaebum is still recovering from the blow, she took this chance to escape. With her super abilities, she ran at a speed of light and head towards her safe place.

She leaned her back against the tree as she looked around spot. Assuming that she had lost him, she carefully took a step and continued to go to her destination.

As she took a step in the forest, she flew backwards and hit her back on a sharp tree severely.

 

“Euughh..” She groaned, rolling on the ground; clutching her sides. A pair of foot stood in her view standing majestically, “Don’t play with me like that, you little brat.”

She stood from the ground albeit shakily. Jaebum saw her as weak and took the chance to beat her up. He was about to land a punch at her stomach when he was flipped backwards and landed roughly on the ground. Again.

He got surprised when Jaekyung sat on top of him, grabbing his neck tightly. She took a deep breath before beating the living daylights out of him. Jaebum gasped for air and tried to hold onto her, but her powers were not making him do so.

“What a clever brat..” He thought, “That’s why she’s got the guts to punch me. Damn, this girl punch so hard..”

Before he gets beaten up, he rolled onto the side and flipped them upside down. Now he was on top. He placed his arm on her neck before landing a solid punch on her gut, making her gasp for air. He landed another stiff punch but this time it was on her jaw. This sure made the princess knock out for a second, but she’s not ranked as the mightiest sorcerer for no reason.

She pushed Jaebum off of her with all her might, then he flew onto the trunk of the tree; his head banged the jagged part of the tree. Jaekyung ran again for her dear life while stumbling a little bit.

 

Groaning, he stood up as he approach the princess while wiping the blood on his lips, “You can’t run, princess!”

Jaekyung suddenly stiffened in her tracks. She definitely heard his voice yelling at her but something in her mind told her to ignore it, to just go back to her underground lab and stay safe. But she remained frozen.

“But I can’t..” She whispered softly to herself, “I need to finish this.”

 

As she walked back to where Jaebum is, she found him smirking although handsomely at her direction. She would have admitted it to him a long time ago if it weren’t her enemy.

“Just what I thought..” He whispered gently, holding back a small smile, “You just love me too much..”

He broke into a boyish grin as he fling his wrists and shoot his powers one after the other, which she dodges easily.

He was going to blast her impressively when he got blasted instead.

 

“Your Highness!”

The princess’ eyes widened in shock as she saw one of her wizard knights, “Commander Zelo! What-“ He stood in front of her and kept their distance away from Jaebum.

“There’s no more time, Your Highness. You must run! You must get out of here quickly!”

Jaebum rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Oh wow! Another company!”

 

Zelo turned his head slightly onto Princess Jaekyung, “I’ll take care of him, Your Highness. You must go quickly!” Jaekyung didn’t waste any more time. She knew she was in danger so in a blink of an eye, she was gone.

Jaebum, who was looking, was surprised. Yes, he has seen a lot of magic, spells, and whatnot; it was his first time to see someone to use that kind of power. Teleportation. The most powerful magic a sorcerer can get. Only the “elite” members can have and use that, making him more interested in getting Jaekyung’s power.

As he was admiring Jaekyung’s abilitites, he forgot that Zelo was still with him – who blasted his mighty powers onto him, as he fell onto the ground. Harshly.

 

He looked up at Zelo and scoffed, “Are all Jaekyung’s people brats?!”

 

 

-----------

 

The princess slipped and fell onto her bottom, landing not so gracefully. “Maybe I should practice my teleportation more..” She said as she was rubbing the pain away. Without wasting any more time, she quickly turned into defense mode again and started doing her work. She quickly grabbed her book of spells and started muttering incoherent words to protect her from Jaebum and whoever tries to get her because right now, she’s skating on thin ice.

Where is she, you may ask?

Currently, she is inside her most loved pothole or her underground lab. It’s basically her home. She’s always here instead of staying at her humongous mansion wherein she only lived in that house (except for the maids and knights, of course.) She built her lab centuries ago and it’s far, far, far deeper and bigger than you think. This is where she practices her powers and learns new things. It’s her way to protect herself and also for her own entertainment.

 

She strolled around the house with a book on top of her hand, still casting spells all over the lab. As she finished and became satisfied with all the tons of spells she casted you never knew existed, she was beyond tired. A lot happened in a day and it was time for a princess like her to take rest. She went inside the kitchen and grabbed for something to drink. She brought the juice out but can’t seem to find a glass.

“Now where did I put all those glass..” She scratched her head as she opened all the cabinets one by one.

“Oh, here you go.”

A glass suddenly appeared and she was more than happy to take it from–

 

She stared expressionlessly as she blinked her eyes continuously. Her hand was still gripping the glass as she stared at the boy tucked in the cupboard. The glass in her hand eventually fell as the boy squirmed uneasily under her stare.

 

“Uhm, hi.”

 

 

 

Jaekyung processed everything in her mind before she screamed at the top of her voice.

 

 

 



nae-gyu-ya's Notes: So, how is it? Tell meeee! I want to know! And a big thank you to BleedLikeMe for the chapter layout! Sadly, I don't know the name of her shop? Cause I don't think he/she has one. I just see his/her work on the market place. BleedLikeMe makes a lot of layouts like this so if you want to use his/her work here's the link. Anyways, I might not be updating daily? I'm not sure but one thing I know, school's starting. lol

But anyway, this is just a shortfic. No need to worry. I really wanted to finish this without any problems. 

Comment your thoughts! See you on the next chapter!