Nausea

Nausea

===

“I want to puke.” Nino stated matter-of-factly, staring at his own pale reflection in the mirror on the dressing table. He could see his band mates from the reflection, but somehow that only made him dizzier.

Ohno was stretching and making himself comfortable on the long sofa in the green room, Jun right across the table on the other sofa doing nothing but tapping his full-of-high-calories-food stomach, while Sho was already reaching for another newspaper that he had to read before they went to their next job, some monthly magazine’s photo shoot.

Aiba patted the sick man on his head lightly, offering the mineral water bottle he was holding.

“Drink up,” he posed.

Nino took the bottle but didn’t drink it. “Thanks…” he said feebly.

“But that was definitely tough, wasn’t it?” Ohno started conversation in the room, “…especially for Nino. You’re just not built for that kind of movement,” he said sympathetically. Their eyes met on the mirror reflection, and Nino just nodded from across the room.

“Guys, I’m going first, see you later,” Aiba picked up his bag and headed to the door where his manager was already waiting. He had drama filming scheduled later, so he was going to do his solo photo shoot earlier than the others. On his way to the door, he high-fived with Sho, got a feeble slap on the by Jun and a wave from Ohno.

“See you,” everyone said to him. Nino turned around so he could let the man give him a slight hug.

“Sit down and rest,” Aiba said to him, squeezing lightly on his shoulder. Nino nodded.

“I know,” he mumbled, not wanting to open his mouth for anything. “See you.”

As Aiba exited the room, Nino squeezed himself in between Jun and Sho.

“Make me warm, you guys, I feel so sick,” he tried to say while gritting his teeth, and then he closed his eyes. Jun threw an arm around him and let him rest his head on Jun’s shoulder.

“Actually that last katsu with loads of mayo on it also made me a bit nauseated now. Too much mayo, perhaps,” Jun said while grimacing. “Sorry, Nino, I’m going to take a hot shower.” And he stood up carefully, after lifting Nino’s feet and put them on the sofa and made him curl into a fetal position beside Sho.

Ohno was already sleeping. In a few minutes, all Nino could hear were the sound of running water from the shower, Ohno’s soft snores, and the rustling of paper from Sho’s reading material.

He opened his eyes and stared at the Ohno’s sleeping figure across the table. Stupid game. Whoever invented that kind of silly game? On the first spin, he already knew he’s not meant for that kind of game. And his upper arm hurt a bit when he fell down after the tenth spin.

Another rustle of paper.

Nino looked sideways, to see Sho looking so serious, eyebrows furrowed, eyes boring into his newspaper.

Nino kept staring at him without saying anything, just staring.

And Sho seemed to realize it, finally. He glanced sideways at Nino. He also glanced at the sleeping Ohno and to the shower room door. Jun was humming some kind of unknown song in the shower now. And then he folded his newspaper and put it aside.

Nino grinned.

“Sho-chan, I still feel sick.” He whispered, sitting on his legs on the sofa like a good kid.

“Come here,” Sho said with a hushed voice, patting on his own lap.

Nino crawled, and now he’s literally sitting on Sho’s lap, facing him.

“If you want me to distract you from your sick feeling, just say so, don’t just stare at me like that. I wouldn’t know.” Sho said gently, hands on Nino’s waist, holding him secure.

“But in the end you knew.” Nino replied, pinching Sho’s cheeks and smiled. “Make me forget that I feel sick,”

“What did you say?” Sho pretended he didn’t hear it. Nino leveled him a lazy look. Sho’s cheeks were so soft, he always loved Sho’s cheeks. Nino pinched a bit harder.

“Ow,” Sho protested.

“Make me forget,” Nino put his lips on the spot where he had pinched Sho on the cheek. And on the other one. “Please?”

Sho didn’t mention that he thought Nino already forgot about his sickness, judging from the way Nino was now leaving warm kisses on his cheeks and along his jaw line.

He held Nino closer to him, and moved his head a little so that their lips finally met. The kiss was chaste, delicate, in a way that made the butterflies on Sho’s stomach flutter. Nino’s hands crept up to his arm, to his shoulder, travelling up to cup his face, and ended up buried in his hair.

After a little while, they pulled apart.

“Forget it already?” Sho asked, nipping softly on Nino’s exposed shoulder. Nino always wore shirt that was too big for him and always slipped off his shoulder, but it was an advantage in this kind of situation.

“Mmm… almost,”

Sho raised an eyebrow, “Almost, huh?”

Nino smirked when Sho pushed him to lie on the sofa. Sho positioned himself on top of Nino and was about to kiss him again when the younger man suddenly froze.

“Uh-oh,” he squeaked. Sho stared at him, confused. And then Nino’s face turned pale again. He was fighting back his nausea. Apparently, putting Nino in a horizontal position was not a good thing to do for his upset stomach.

“Ah,” Sho blinked as realization hit him. Nino put a hand over his mouth and the other one waving frantically in the air.

Sho jumped off him and grabbed Nino to stand. He dragged the frail looking man to the toilet beside the shower and let Nino empty his stomach into the closet as he massaged Nino’s shoulder gently.

“Sorry,” he said as he rubbed on the back of Nino’s neck, laughing a little at how funny the whole situation was. In the shower beside them, Jun was still humming some unknown song. That was surely a long shower.

Nino was done with his business, and he walked past Sho to the wash basin, washing his mouth and face. He looked relieved, but still pale.

“Come on,” Sho guided Nino out of the toilet and back to the sofa. Nino was still feeling helpless that he hadn’t even said a thing after that.

Sho grabbed his jacket and made it into a bundle. He put it on his lap and gestured Nino’s to rest his head on top of it, the jacket as a pillow. Nino did so.

“Sleep now,” Sho ordered, brushing a few stray strand of hair from Nino’s face.

Nino looked up at him with his puppy eyes, “Sorry Sho-chan,”

“It’s OK. It’s my fault that I made you lie down like that,” Sho grinned. Nino reached up to find Sho’s hand and entwined their fingers.

“Thanks,” Nino mumbled, closing his eyes as he snuggled up and got comfortable on Sho’s lap.

Sho bent down to kiss the corner of Nino’s mouth, and in a minute, the younger man was already asleep.

Ohno moaned, woke up, and stretched, “Ah, that was a nice sleep,” he said with half-lidded eyes. Seeing Sho no longer reading, he said, “Sho-kun, you’re done with the newspaper? Let me see it~”

Sho nodded and handed Ohno the newspaper without too much movement so that Nino wouldn’t wake up. He only watched amusedly as Ohno searched the newspaper for sea/fishing-related articles.

A couple of minutes later, Jun got out of the shower looking fresh, while Nino was already in his dreamland, with the white rabbits hopping out from an upturned magician hat, and some hundred of flying magic cards.

===

End.

Ow, that was so much fluff my teeth hurt while writing it. LOL.