His Favorite Drawing

His Favorite Drawing

He always laughed.

Satoshi always laughed everytime he saw Sho’s drawing.

The others laughed at Sho’s drawing, pointing to his art in between roar of laughter, stating that the guy couldn’t draw even if his life depend on it. His furry-snowman-like Totoro, his simple ellipse mole, his naruto sun. Not to forget the most recent, the new-year Tiger with perfect pointed ears.

Sho drew like a kindergarten student, or worse, sometimes. People wondered if it was just an act, of if he was just really, really, bad at it. But Satoshi didn’t care. He laughed at Sho’s drawing nonetheless.

===

It was at an interview, Sho was sitting on the far end of the table with Satoshi on the other end. Nino, Jun and Aiba were sitting between them, guffawing merrily as the interviewer brought up the topic of Sho’s drawing. Sho was also laughing, but his laughter was weak. All members knew that at that point, Sho was really fed up with everyone jeering at his drawing skill. It couldn’t be helped. He was not perfect. If his inability to draw could make the others happy, well… Sho shrugged and continued to laugh dryly.

His band members loved him, so they knew when to stop.
But the interviewer didn’t.

So she kept digging into that “hilarious” matter.

“I love Sho-kun’s drawing,” Satoshi suddenly said, turning everyone’s attention to him. Since the start of the interview, he hadn’t said anything more than “yes” or “no” or “that’s right” and “I guess so”, and suddenly he decided that it was time to speak a proper sentence.

“Leader, what did you just say?” Jun asked their leader.

Sho looked up at him with unblinking eyes from across the table and Satoshi smiled widely.

“I love Sho-kun’s drawing,” He repeated clearly so there was no way she could mishear him. “Because they always make me laugh,” He said simply, laughing to himself, remembering some of those drawings.

And then Sho started laughing, too, sincerely. Sho couldn’t help but to feel proud of his drawings. Because Satoshi loved his drawings and they could make him laugh.

And Satoshi’s laughter was one of Sho’s most favorite sound in the world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~