Rewind

Polar Panda Coffee Shop

Author's Note: I'm terribly sorry that this hasn't been updated in a long time. A lot of... things have been happening to me lately and I just couldn't find it in me to write. And when I do write, I end up just erasing the whole thing. Anyway, here's the second chapter. Hope you guys like it! ^_^
---

Clara has been working as one of the owners of Polar Panda Coffee Shop for five years now. And in those five years she has seen a lot of kinds of people come inside her and Rei’s café. Happy ones. Sad ones. Angry ones. Indifferent ones. And her favorite, ones who have been touched by love.

There are those who come in already filled with the blessing of love. Most of the time they come with their better halves. But it doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to know if a person is in fact, in love.

Some come in looking forlorn and lost. These are the ones who have lost love, whether it be filial or romantic love. Clara pities these people the most, but also knows in her heart that they will find love again. Such is the cycle of love.

One she enjoys seeing are those who have recently found love. They always seem to be the most shining ones. They emit an aura that clearly says ‘I am the happiest person in this planet. Nothing can take away this happiness that has been given to me.’

And also, there are those who come in looking for love. This is how Clara first met Choi Sooyoung two years ago.

---

It was raining quite heavily that day, cats and dogs if you may. Clara heard the ding of the shop bell and looked up from the cashier to see a tall beautiful Asian woman who was a tad bit wet from the downpour currently happening outside.

“Bonjour mademoiselle. Welcome to Polar Panda Coffee Shop,” she welcomed the woman cheerfully.

“Bonjour. I’ll be having a large cappuccino with an extra shot of espresso with half and half. Oh, and three croissants,” said the woman cheerfully albeit her French having been a little off.

Clara was of course surprised at the woman’s order. Three croissants. She herself becomes quite full with just one.

“Three croissants mademoiselle?”

“Yes, I may not look like it but I’m a heavy eater.

“Well it certainly doesn’t show mademoiselle. I have to say I’m a bit jealous. Anyway, please have a seat and we’ll take your order to you in a minute.”

“Thanks. How much is it?”

“10 euros.”

“1, 2, 3, 4… 10 euros.”

“Merci, please make yourself comfortable.”

As Clara made her way to the kitchen she noticed something in the customer’s eyes. What she saw made Clara smile, and this did not go unnoticed by her longtime friend and co-owner of the café.

“So what kind of person is it this time?” asked Rei.

“Someone looking for love,” answered Clara.

“You’re favorite, huh? Where is she?”

“Over there, near the Zoo. She looks like she’s enjoying herself.”

And true enough, when Rei saw the girl, she was smiling brightly, looking at all the little animals inside the café. He decided to introduce himself then.

“They’re cute aren’t they?” said Rei as he stood beside Sooyoung.

“W-what? Yeah, they are,” answered Sooyoung, a bit surprised at the sudden appearance of a person.

“It’s kind of hard taking care of them though, but it’s worth it.”

Sooyoung was wondered by the man’s statement. She thought to ask the first question that came to her mind.

“Are you perhaps, the owner of this café?”

“Yes, along with the woman who took your order earlier. My name is Rei, and you are?”

“Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung.”

“Nice to meet you Sooyoung, are you a tourist? I believe this is the first time I’ve seen you enter our place.”

“Hmmm, not exactly a tourist. I plan on staying.”

“Oh? And what makes you want to stay in Paris?”

“Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always wanted to live here in Paris. Plus, there’s something I’m looking for, and I think I have the best chance of finding it here.”

Rei smiled at that. He knew what the girl was talking about, and it seems Clara was right once again when it came to reading people.

“Here’s your order miss,” Clara suddenly spoke behind them.

“Oh, thank you. It was nice meeting you Rei,” Sooyoung said.

“The pleasure was mine mademoiselle.”

---

Clara is now looking at Sooyoung again, sitting on her favorite spot in the café, the booth near the Zoo. But this time, she isn’t alone. And she believes that Sooyoung has indeed found what she was looking for.