그대라는 한 사람 (That One Person, You)

그대라는 한 사람 (That One Person, You)

First it was Sohee, and now Puff.

 

There was no reason for me to be jealous or get angry, but soon it was evident, not only to myself, but also to my members, and some of your members even saw through me.

 

You were comforting Donghae after he got rejected by me. You didn't know that the very reason was you, and neither did you know that his grudge upon you was that I love you.

 

You always had girls around you, and I feared very much that I would never be noticed by you. You might say the same about me, funnily, but don't you notice something? When so many of my members started dating, I didn't. How could I date you when you're on WGM? How could I date you if you didn't even feel anything for me? Because of course, I won't want to force you into anything.

 

From young I thought happiness was having everyone to love me, having everyone to love. But Kermit- more like Tiffany who forced me into watching that movie when we got our break and returned to America- taught me a very important thing that I only needed one person to love.

 

Lady Luck isn't by my side, because it was you I fell for. Or maybe it was fate who disallowed me to be with you.

 

That immediately reminded me of an OST I once sang, That One Person, You. It's true to say that everything I'd ever want to say to you about my feelings are in the song.

 

It wouldn't stop hurting; it can't. I can't stop loving you, which really, eats me up from the inside, knowing that this love can never be required.

 

Why must that one person be you?


 

-

 

I cried as I read the letter I wrote to him. Biting my lip and blinking the tears out, I sealed it in an envelope and wrote your name.

 

I turned around, only to drop the envelope in surprise by the sudden appearance of Tiffany in the room I shared with Yuri and Sunny.

 

"F-Fany?"

 

"Jessi? You're crying again?"

 

I wipes my tears immediately and swallowed. "Again?"

 

Tiffany nodded, in a seemingly innocent way. "Yesterday..."

 

"Oh." I looked down in guilt as I remembered the situation I was in the previous day. The members were just about to sleep when they noticed that I was sitting in the living room against the wall, in a daze. It was before Seohyun said I was crying. It alerted me that my eyes were actually tearing without me knowing. However that was reasonable, because Heechul had been on my mind again.

 

Tiffany noticed the envelope on the floor and immediately picked it up. She sighed when she saw who it was addressed to.

 

Out of the blue, Taeyeon appeared in my room too, and the first thing she noticed was of course, the envelope.

 

"This has to end soon," Taeyeon shook her head and said. She snatched the envelope from Tiffany, causing both of us to gasp, and went out of the room to the living room. We noticed she went straight for her mobile phone. I facepalmed and sat down on my bed, wondering what on earth that choding was going to do.

 

"Kim Heechul! Get your here now!"

 

"What?" I heard a loud reply. Had Taeyeon purposely put the call on loudspeaker mode?

 

"You're a pain in my neck! Don't you know how long my Sica has been crying over you?"

 

I gasped. Tiffany just laughed at me but my icy glare had managed to make her force her laughter inside of her. As I ran out of the room, the other members just looked at Taeyeon and me with shocked faces.

 

"You're exaggerating, Tae!" I started. "And who said I was yours?" I snatched the phone over from her and hung up the call. Leaning against the wall, I slowly collapsed to the ground and I facepalmed once more. One day it'll be my death that these girls will be driving me into.

 

“Well, just admit it. Number one: you’ve been crying every time we mention Super Junior, sometimes-” she paused at my glare, “most of the time, I mean, just slips of tears. Number two: all eight of you are my babies.”

 

Her last sentence sent the eight of us into peals of laughter. Some of us nodded in approval.

 

I sighed once the laughter died down and sat on the floor. Noticing this, Seohyun came over. “Don’t cry again, unnie,” she said as if she was begging me, but with slight giggling involved.

 

“I’m not gonna,” I smiled, “silly girl.” I patted her head.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell was heard and everyone rushed back to their rooms, leaving me and Seohyun alone. Seohyun went to open the door, before turning around to look at me with a guilty face and rushed off into the room she shared with Hyoyeon and Tiffany too. Their actions puzzled me, but it was only sooner I realised their intentions when I saw who was by the door.

 

“O-Oppa, come in,” I invited him in nervously, and closed the door.The first thing he noticed was the envelope, like Taeyeon. She must have dropped it on the floor. He bent down to pick it up and began reading the letter in it. My cheeks burned red as a reaction of his actions.

 

“You don’t have to care that I’m on WGM, pabo,” he started and chuckled. “Haven’t I been obvious enough, all along, even before I went to military?”

 

My eyes widen as I stare at him, speechless.

 

“After all, in WGM, all we needed to do was follow the script and act,” he said, emphasising on the last word in the sentence, “and I never actually felt anything for Sohee. Even if I did, I’m 100% sure I’m over her now.”

 

“A-Are you confessing to me?” I asked, confused.

 

“Am I not?” he questioned me back. I guessed that he would never go straight to the point and would just beat around the bush.

 

I walked to him and hugged him tightly. I felt his arms wrap around me too. I closed my eyes as tears formed at the corners of my eyes.

 

“Gomawo, oppa.”

 

 

“Saranghae, Sica-ah.”

 

THE END