Meet and Greet

Dilemma

I awoke to the incessant beeping of my alarm clock. Groaning, I flailed my arm about, trying to smash the damn thing. Finally finding it, I picked it up and slammed it down on my night stand, freeing my ears of its torture. I settled back in bed, deciding I could sleep in as I had nothing to do today; I don’t even know why I set it in the first place. And so I let sleep overtake me once more.

My eyes fluttered open again at the sound of a soft knocking on my door. I cursed my light sleeping habits as I placed a pillow over my head, trying to drown out the noise.

“Miss Lee, please wake up, it is already noon. Master Lee requests your presence at the earliest convenience,” I hear a familiar voice say. Sighing, I shout back, “I’ll be out in a bit, Dongwan!”

Getting up, I rub my eyes as I walk into my bathroom to take a quick shower, brush my teeth, and do my business. Walking back into my room while drying my short blonde hair with a towel, I take out a pair of underwear, jean shorts, and a white tank top from my walk-in closet. After dressing myself, I exit my room into the hallway, heading towards my uncle’s office.

Knocking on the door, a deep voice from the other side says, “Come in.” I enter the room and see my uncle sitting at his simple yet elegant sandalwood desk looking at his laptop and some papers in his hand.

“Morning, Uncle! You wanted to see me?” I chirped, walking up to his desk.

“Ah, Sunny-ah, good afternoon,” he chuckles, “Yes, please take a seat,” he motions to one of the matching sandalwood chairs in front of his desk. I sit down and wait for him to continue.

He neatly puts down his papers on his desk and closes his laptop, “Sunny, you remember the talk we had about suitors on your twenty-first birthday?” He questions, leaning back in his leather chair.

I let out a soft sigh, “Yes I do. And I remember saying I didn’t want to be set up with anybody, Uncle,” I reply with a pout.

“Yes, I know, darling. But you know I love you and want you to be happy. Please, just meet them once and if you absolutely don’t like them, you don’t have to see them again,” he pleads.

“Uncle, you know I don’t like men, I thought you supported that decision?” I ask, hurt evident in my voice.

“I do support that decision, that’s why all the suitors are women. Very attractive women, I might add,” I rolled my eyes as he waggles his eyebrows at me, “Plus I know all of them personally, and I believe them to be very sincere people. I wouldn’t let you marry a gold digger or someone out for their own personal gain, you know that. Please, Sunny? For me?” he begged, showing his terrible attempt at puppy dog eyes.

“Ugh, fine! Just never do that face in front me again,” I give in, making a gagging face.

He laughs heartily, “Deal! They’ll be here in an hour, and don’t worry, you don’t have to change. I know how you hate formality,” he smiles at me, “I’ll call for you when they get here.”

 

+++++

 

After exiting my uncle’s office, I ate lunch and was lounging in my room playing Fire Emblem on my 3DS. I turned my attention to my door as I heard a light knock, “Excuse me Miss Lee, the suitors have arrived and Master Lee has asked for you to come to the living room,” I hear Dongwan say.

Saving my game and putting the 3DS down on my desk, I open the door, “I keep telling you to just call me Sunny, Dongwan,” I frown at him.

“Old habits, Mis- Sunny-ssi, I’ll try to remember next time,” he replies. I smile at him as we walk towards the living room.

“Did you see them, Dongwan? Think I’ll like any of them?” I question, tilting my head.

He chuckles, “I did indeed see them, and I think you will be very pleased with their looks, at least,” I playfully punch his arm as he continues laughing.

Entering the expansive living room, my uncle and eight women were chatting amongst each other, all sitting down on the various couches and chairs that decorated the room.

“Master Lee, I have returned with Miss Lee,” Dongwan announces as he bows and leaves. All of them stand up and turn towards me to greet me, my eyes widen as I recognize a few of them to be celebrities. Aish, Uncle, what are you thinking?

“Ah, here she is!” Uncle spoke, walking towards me. “Everyone, this is my niece, Sunny,” grabbing my hand, he pulls me closer to the other women.

“Sunny Lee imnida,” I bow awkwardly, blushing as I notice all of them to be quite attractive indeed.  They all bow back politely, some giving me small smiles, I smile back.

“I shall start with the introductions,” Uncle announces, ambling towards a baby faced woman I recognized as Kim Taeyeon, a singer signed to Uncle’s company.

“Believe it or not, this shorty is the oldest of the group, you might know her as she is a popular singer,” my uncle says, patting said girl’s head and chuckling.

“Mr. Lee, please stop calling me short,” Taeyeon pleads, pouting. I struggle to contain my squeal at how adorable she looks.

“Kim Taeyeon imnida, it’s nice to meet you Sunny-ssi,” she smiles and bows again, I reciprocate, trying not to blush.

My uncle walks to the slightly taller woman next to Taeyeon, “This here is one of the company’s music producers and song writer. She’s very sweet and kind and has one killer eye smile,” he winks at me, grinning.

She blushes slightly, a small smile on her face. “Hello! Stephanie Hwang Miyoung imnida, please call me Tiffany,” she chirps as she bows, her eyes turning into crescents.

I stare at her, her eye smile blowing me away, it was truly killer. I cough awkwardly, realizing I’ve been staring for far too long, I bow quickly, gulping as I hear her melodious giggle.

Uncle moves over to a golden haired woman with a cold look in her eyes. “Sooyeon-ah is general manager of our entertainment division, she might look scary but once she warms up to you, she can be very caring,” he chuckles awkwardly as the woman named Sooyeon shoots a glare at him.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon imnida,” she says in a monotonous voice. We make eye contact as she finishes bowing and for a split second she smiles warmly at me as her eyes soften. I bow back, smiling at her as she averts her gaze to the side.

My uncle slides over to the tallest girl in the room who I find familiar, though from where I can’t recall. “You might have seen this twig in the house a few times,” he burst out laughing as the ‘twig’ scowled at him.

“This is my secretary, she’s the biggest eater here and I still can’t figure out where all of it goes,” he had a baffled look on his face as he looked her up and down.

The woman scowled at Uncle again and coughed as she seemed to remember what she was here for. “Choi Sooyoung imnida, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” she smiled broadly and bowed.

I returned the gesture as my uncle shuffled over to the blonde next to Sooyoung. “And here’s our company’s main dance teacher and choreographer, she’s very passionate and lively.”

“Kim Hyoyeon imnida, I hope we get along, Sunny-ssi,” she spins as she bows, grinning. I giggle a bit as I bow back, never seeing someone bow that way before.

Uncle walks over to a tanned woman I recognize from numerous CFs and magazines. “You must have seen her once or twice on TV as she is the company’s best model. She can be a little cocky sometimes, but aren’t we all at some point?”

Sooyoung butts in, “Yes, and you can be especially cocky most of the time.” Everybody laughs at this, Uncle joining in after he’s done ‘sulking’.

As the laughter dies down, the model bows to me, “Kwon Yuri imnida, I promise I’m not as obnoxious as your uncle,” she smirks.

I bow back, chuckling as Uncle ‘pfffts’, moving over to the doe eyed woman next to Yuri. I recognize her instantly as a famous actress, seeing her on the TV and big screen a lot.

“You should know who this is; the star actress of our company. Don’t let her deceive you though, she can be quite quirky and goofy,” he grins, said girl breaking into a huge smile.

“Im Yoona imnida, it’s nice to meet you. I hope you can see past my actress title, I’m just another person here looking for love,” her huge smile still plastered on her face, as she wiggles her eyebrows.

Bowing back, I giggle at her cheesiness and wink at her. If it was even possible, her smile gets even bigger seeing my wink.

My uncle chuckles at our exchange, already standing next to the last girl. “Here is the maknae of this group of girls, she is actually the manager of Taeyeon, Yuri, and Yoona. Hard to believe but she somehow pulls it off, with some help of course,” he praises the blushing woman, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment.

“Seo Joohyun imnida, please call me Seohyun, Sunny-ssi,” she bows the lowest of all the girls, a small smile on her face. I quickly bow as low as her, not wanting to be rude.

“Now that all the introductions are over with, I must speak with my niece, excuse us please,” Uncle states, striding over to me and ushering me out of the living room.

 

+++++

 

Once we’re outside, Uncle turns to me and grins, “Soooo, what do you think? Like any of them? Any of them pop out to you?” he bombards me, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I slap his shoulder in annoyance, “Aish, Uncle, please! And none of them ‘pop’ out at me,” I roll my eyes, “I don’t know, they all look nice an-“,

“And attractive?” His eyebrows continue to waggle, “Ugh, yes, they do all look very attractive I will admit,” I reply, exasperated.

He vigorously fist pumped, “Hahahaha, mission accomplished!” I gave him an annoyed look. “Ah, ahem, yes, serious talk now. So none of them stand out from the rest?”

“Not really, all of their different charms are equally appealing,” a furrowed brow made its way onto my face as I tried to think back to each of their greetings and interactions.

“Hmm….. AH!” My uncle shouts excitedly, startling me from my recollection. “What, what? Did you forget to pay the bills again?” I tease, knowing it’s a soft spot for him.

“What? No, of course not! I ALWAYS pay my bills on time, okay? It was just that once! THAT ONE TIME!” He huffed, anger evident on his face.

“I know, I know. Don’t have to get your in a bunch, sheesh,” I goaded, smirking. He glares at me as his left eyebrow raises, crossing his arms.

I grin sheepishly, “Sorry, Uncle. Anyway, why’d you shout all of sudden then?” I tilt my head in curiosity.

“Oh yeah, I have a great idea! Why don’t you date all of them?” he beams, nodding to himself at his genius.

“WHAT?! ALL of them? Are you crazy, Uncle?” I scream, pure bewilderment written on my face.

“No, I am perfectly sane, thank you very much. And why not? You could go out with one for a week, then the next week go out with another one and so on. Though technically you wouldn’t break up with any of them,” he explains in detail, nodding again at his idea.

“I don’t know, it just seems… Wrong? Like I’m using them or something,” I reason, my face scrunched up in worry.

“Pffft, I bet they’ll be ecstatic at the chance to date you! C’mon, we can ask them if they’re fine with it too,” he urges, nudging me with his elbow.

I let out a soft sigh, “Ugh, fine. Only if they all agree to it though,” I give in, sighing again.

“Woo! My Sunny’s a player!” He cheers, pulling me inside the living room as I glare at him.

I see all the women turn towards us as we walk inside, some of them flashing smiles at me. I smile back as my uncle tells his idea, “My niece and I have come to a conclusion. As she is too indecisive, I offered the suggestion of her dating all of you,” the women exchanged confused glances.

“Now she won’t be dating all of you at once, well technically I guess she would be, anyway, excuse my rambling. My niece would date one of you for a week, and then the following week she will date another one of you and so on,” all the women had thoughtful looks on their faces except Taeyeon, who was grinning.

“Sunny-ah isn’t too fond of the idea, something about morals or some such. But she’s fine with it if all of you are,” Uncle finishes, looking expectantly at the women.

“I’m all for it! I’m confident I can win Sunny’s heart,” Taeyeon speaks up, still grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh? Hah, I don’t think so, shorty. I’M the one who will win Sunny’s heart,” Yuri confidently declares, smirking at the short singer.

“Oh yeah? Bring it, brownie!” Taeyeon spits back, scowling.

“Girls, girls! Please, don’t bring your petty competitions to this too,” Uncle sighs exasperatedly.

Yuri ‘hmphs’ as she turns away from Taeyeon. The latter scratching her chin sheepishly as they both mumble sorry.

Uncle sighs again as he turns to the other women, “So, it seems two of you agree to it. What about the rest of you?”

They all agreed to it eventually, some faster than others. Seohyun took the longest, making some cute and funny faces as she mulled it over. I actually felt pretty excited to start dating them now, knowing they all gave their consent.

“Excellent! Now I think Yoona should be first as her schedule is clear for this week, a rare occurrence, mind you,” my uncle suggests, looking at me.

“Ah, yes, I’m fine with that if she is,” I reply shyly, annoyed at myself for becoming so shy around them.

“Yeaaaaaah! I’m first!” the quirky girl cheered, doing a little celebratory dance. All of us breaking out into giggling and/or sniggering.

 

+++++

 

They all soon left after that, most of them having somewhere to be. Before she left, I exchanged numbers with Yoona and agreed on tomorrow for our first date. After eating dinner and enduring constant teasing from Uncle, I went back to my room to prepare for bed.

Coming out of the bathroom, I changed into my pajamas and hopped into bed. My head filled with thoughts of Yoona and her interesting personality as I drifted off into dreamland. Tomorrow will definitely be interesting.

 

+++++

A/N: Don't know how I feel about this chapter, oh well. Getting introductions out of the way. And damn, Lee Soo Man, what a bro, eh? And somehow he ended up being the most fleshed out character here, in my opinion. No idea how that happaned LOL

Dongwan is a reference to Running Man

Also, Fire Emblem is the .