Teddy Bear

Our Meaningful Memories

FLASHBACK


(SUNNY’S HOUSE)

RIIIING….RIIIING

The sound of the phone ringing stopped Sunny’s mom from reading a book and answers the call immediately…

“Yeobseyo, Mrs. Lee speaking”

“OMO Mrs. Lee, it’s me! Sungmins’ mom”

“OMO Mrs. Lee, I’m so glad to hear your voice again! How are you and your son Sungmin?”

“We are fine, we just moved back here in Korea”

“That’s great; we could grab some tea sometime”

“Tea would be lovely but I called because I wanted to invite you and your daughter to have dinner here at our house so we could catch up”

“That would be great; I’m sure Sunny wanted to meet Sungmin and if I’m not mistaken you didn’t move into a new house right?”

“Haha of course I bet Sungmin wanted to meet Sunny too and yes were still on our old house”

“Ok haha… So I’ll see you later Mrs. Lee”

“Yes see you later too Mrs. Lee, bye”

Sunny’s mom smiled as she put the phone down. She stood up and went to her daughters’ room, and found that she is playing with her dolls; she smiled at the sight of her daughter talking to her dolls as if it was alive

“Oh Ms. Choi have some more tea” Little Sunny said pouring the tea on the dolls cup, “I hope you like it” she smiled cutely, Little Sunny stopped playing when she heard a knock from her door and saw her mother smiling sweetly at her, Little Sunny smiled cutely in return and ran to her mother

“What are you doing sweetie?” Mrs. Lee asked while caressing her daughters’ hair, “I’m having tea party with my dolls eomma!” Little Sunny answered excitedly, “really? Then why I’m not invited?” Sunny’s mom asks, “uhh you can join if you want eomma, we still need a company” Little Sunny replied, her mom just smiled at her “don’t worry sweetheart next time eomma will join you and your dolls ok, but now I want you to take a shower because you and eomma will go to eomma’s long-time friend” Sunny mom smiled sweetly at her daughter “do I have to come eomma?” Little Sunny asked cutely “of course sweetheart my friend wanted to meet you and her son also” Sunny’s mom smiled at her “son? But he is a boy, he might not play with me eomma and might not talk to me also” Little Sunny pouted, Sunny’s mom laughed “of course not sweetie, I bet Sungmin is a good and friendly boy” she assured her, but the little kid was still pouting “how about you approach him first, because as far as I know they just came back here from US and take a shower now because any minute we will leave now” Sunny’s mom kiss  her daughter on the forehead before pushing her to go to the bathroom.

(SUNGMIN’S HOUSE)

Sungmin’s mom was at the kitchen helping their maids to prepare for dinner, she stepped back a little checking the foods and plates she smiled widely after being contented on her and their maids work. She went out to the kitchen and went to her sons’ room.

She found her son seriously reading a book on his bed, she smiled a little and knock on his sons door softly before entering, Sungmin diverted his look on the book to her mother, he closed his book and smiled at his mom “what’s wrong mom?” he asks, “are you still having a jet lag sweetie?” Sungmin’s mom asks, Little Sungmin shook his head “why mom?” he asks again, “well we will have a visitor coming, I want you to prepare because any minute they will be here” she smiled sweetly at him “who are they mom?” Little Sungmin asked raising both of his brows “eomma’s long-time friend” Sungmin’s mom replied, the little boy nodded his head and climbed down his bed and went to the bathroom to wash up, Her mom smiled at him and went to his closet to get him some clothes.

(SUNNY AND HER MOM)

“Eomma what is your friend look like?” Little Sunny asks, “she is… beautiful and friendly sweetheart and you will know later when we reached her home” her mom said smiling at her, Little Sunny nodded her head and continue looking outside the window of their car.

Little Sunny noticed their car was slowing down, she looked at her mom with confusion “we are here already sweetie” her mom said reading Sunny’s confused expression that changed into a grin while getting out from their car and went to her mother’s side “now sweetie remember what eomma told you?” Sunny’s mom asks her, the little girl nodded her head “Be a good and friendly girl” Little Sunny said smiling cutely at her mother, while her mom patted her head and smiling wetly at her daughter before walking towards the front of Sungmin’s house….

Meanwhile, inside the Lee Residence people are busy preparing for the dinner until they heard the doorbell rings. “Oh! They’re here!” Sungmin’s mom said as she dashed to the door and she welcomed her guests. “Welcome! Get inside.” Sungmin’s mom led Sunny and her mom to the living room, when they settled down Sunny’s and Sungmin’s moms hug each other. “Long time no see!” Sunny’s mom said, they sat on the sofa and started chatting. “How are you?” Sungmin’s mom asked “Where fine, How about you how’s life in states?” “It’s okay I guess.” Sungmin’s mom answered “Oh, By the way this is Sunny my daughter, Sunny say hi to auntie.” “Hello Mrs. Lee! I am Sunny, you’re really beautiful!” She smiled cutely as she introduced herself “Oh my, you’re so cute!” Sungmin’s mom squealed as she pinched Sunny’s cheeks, “Oh, Where’s your son?” “He’s probably upstairs, wait here I’ll just call him down” Sungmin’s mom replied as she goes to Sungmin’s room.

As she arrived at Sungmin's room, he found Sungmin was having a hard time fixing his clothes; she chuckled and made her way to him. Little Sungmin looked up at his mother pouting when he noticed her presence, she smiled warmly at her and helped her buttoning his clothes, "There you look handsome as always" Sungmin's mom shows her motherly smile at him and kiss him on the forehead "Thanks mom" Sungmin smiled and hug her mom "Why didn't you tell me that you needed help?" Sungmin's mom asks softly, "I don't want to bother you anymore because our guest arrived already" Sungmin reasoned, "You could've excused yourself or called one of our maids" Sungmin's mom said, "But mom I wanted to prove you that I'm grown up now" Sungmin said, her mom just chuckled "Ok young man, you said so, let's go down for you to meet my friend and her daughter" Sungmin's mom said and held Sungmin's hand as they walked out from his room.

Sunny and her mom were patiently waiting at the living room, when they heard some footsteps coming down. They turned their heads to look whose coming down; they saw a young boy who’s holding hands with his mom. “You should introduced yourself to them Min” Sungmin’s mom said when they were already in front of Sunny and her mom. “Hello, Mrs Lee, My name is Sungmin; It’s nice to meet you” Sungmin smiled as he introduced himself. “Oh! You’re so cute.” Sunny’s mom said, Sunny smiled to Sungmin when their gaze met, Sungmin only returned it with a slight smile then he turned away to broke their eye contact, Sunny pouted at his actions. “The dinner is ready ma’am” One of the maid stated, “That’s great! Come on let’s eat.” Sungmin’s mom said as she led her visitors to the dining room. When they are eating dinner Sunny’s and Sungmin’s moms chat while the two ate their food silently. After the dinner the two kids were headed to the play room so that they can play and so that the two will befriend with each other and that their mom’s can have their precious time chatting since they haven’t met each other for years.

When Sungmin left Sunny’s eyes started to tear up, she was hurt because Sungmin doesn’t want to be her friend to the extent that he ran out to the room and leave Sunny alone. Sunny started crying and she ran to her mom. “Oh baby, Why are you crying?” her mom asked as she hug her mom “I.. just wan..ted him t-…to be my frie…nd, bu-..but he left me inside the ro-…room a-…alone.” Sunny told her mom, “Don’t cry” her told her as she caressed Sunny’s back. “I’m sorry for my son’s attitude, I’ll just go up-“before Sungmin’s mom finished her sentence they saw Sungmin running to them while holding a bear on his right hand. When he was in front of Sunny and her mom he pat Sunny to get her attention, Sunny turned around to see who’s patting her from behind. There she saw Sungmin reaching the bear to her then she heard him speak, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry” he said “Then why did you leave me there?!” Sunny asked angrily, “I’m sorry, I just want to get this bear so that I can give it to you, and I really wanted to be your friend, please accept this, and please forgive me.” Sungmin reached the bear again to Sunny waiting for her response. Sunny felt his sincerity that’s why she let go of her mom’s hold and accepted the bear, Sungmin smiled widely when he felt Sunny grabbed the bear, “So, are we friends now?” Sungmin asked, “Yes, and I have forgiven you” Sunny said as she smiled back, “YEHEY!!! I have a friend now” Sungmin said as he jumped. “Good then, How about the two of you play together so that we can continue our chat.” Sungmin’s mom said as she smiled at the kids. “OKAY!” Both of them answered as they ran to the play room.

When they ran away their moms sit down and continued to finish their tea as they speak, “Kids” both of their moms said as they giggled to their children’s cuteness. From that day Sungmin and Sunny became best friends and they also became inseparable, and they always stick together and play together. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

For all those who subscrbed and to those who read our story, Thank you!

Mistakes - Sorry ^^