Final

Home

 


Sehun hummed quietly as he moved through the hallways of the large mansion, dodging pillars and trophy cases with ease. In his hands was a small tray, full of fruits such as apples, strawberries, and grapes - as well as a group of pancakes shaped in the form of Mickey Mouse. He stopped in front of a white door and was about to knock when it swung open, and his face collided with a strong chest. The tray wobbled and Sehun struggled to gain control of it, sighing in relief when it was still in his hands. He looked up, and blushed furiously when his eyes met that of his employer, Huang Zitao.

"G-Good morning, Mr. Huang," Sehun stuttered, trying to look anywhere besides Zitao's warm golden eyes.

Zitao raised an eyebrow at his flustered housekeeper. "I told you to just call me Tao when we are at home, Sehun... and good morning to you too." He eyed the breakfast in Sehun's hands and smiled. "Ah, breakfast in bed for Jinnie?"

Sehun nodded. "He was up late last night - which I apologize for. He used the puppy eyes on me, Mr. Hua- Tao... He wanted to watch Robin Hood."

Zitao chuckled and shook his head. "It's alright Sehun. He's still sleeping anyways. I just stopped and said my goodbyes before I left." He paused for a moment before a playful smile lit up his face. "Do I get breakfast too?"

Sehun faltered and fidgeted under the gaze. "Ah - yes, of course! I made waffles, scones, pancakes, and sausage this morning. There's also fresh fruit and-"

Tao held up his hand and Sehun shut his mouth, blushing because of his rambling. "I know, Sehun. You always make us breakfast - no need to defend yourself."

"Y-Yeah..."

Tao sighed and grinned. "I need to leave now. Take care of Jin, Sehun."

Sehun smiled at the thought of the little boy he had grown to love. "You know I will, Mr. Huang."

"Tao," Zitao corrected.

"...Tao," Sehun muttered.

Zitao ruffled the younger's hair despite the soft protests and turned to leave. "I'll see you when I get home. I'll be expecting a nice dinner, Sehun," he teased and winked over his shoulder.

Sehun avoided the strong gaze and blushed, nodding before walking through the doorway and towards the small bed that sat in the corner. He placed the tray he was holding on the small nightstand and glanced at the small bundle that was wrapped up in the blankets. He reached over and shook it slowly.

"Jin," he called. "Jinnie, come on now - time to wake up."

The small boy blinked his eyes slowly and glanced up, excitement quickly taking over his body as he shot out of bed and wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck. "Hunnie!"

Sehun giggled and held him back, cradling the boy in his arms. "Good morning, sweetie. Would you like some breakfast?" He felt more than heard the soft 'Mmhmm' against his neck and he sat on the four year olds bed, holding the boy in his lap. He reached long arms over to the tray and dragged it back to him, making sure to hold it securly on Jin's lap.

"Yay, pancakes!" The young boy yelled happily. He picked up the fork that was neatly arranged next to the plate and held it out to Sehun.

"You want me to cut it for you, baby?" Sehun questioned, already picking the fork out of the younger's hand. He waited for the nod of confirmation before starting to cut it into pieces that Jin could actually fit in his mouth.

Jin stole the fork back once he was done and started eating, letting out appreciative noises as the taste of the food hit his tongue. "Yummy, Hunnie," he mumbled.

"Thank you baby," Sehun whispered, pressing a kiss to Jin's temple.

"Is Appa still home?" Jin asked, moving on to the fruit - making his face and hands a red, sticky mess.

"I made breakfast for him, so he could be eating - but I think he's gone by now, Jinnie," Sehun answered, grabbing a napkin and wiping at the boy's mouth. He noticed the slight pout on his face and giggled, placing a kiss on the smaller's cheek. "Now, now... you and I can have fun without Appa, can't we?"


"Yah, Jin! Stop running around the kitchen please," Sehun scolded. He set the wooden spoon down near the pot of homemade stew and wiped his hands on his apron. He turned towards the young boy who was running past him and scooped him into his arms.

Jin wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck and cuddled into it, sighing softly. "I'm sorry, Hunnie," he mumbled.

Sehun hummed and moved side-to-side, rocking the four year old. "It's alright, baby. I just need to get lunch done."

"Yummy!" Jin exclaimed, hugging Sehun's neck tighter. The blonde laughed at the action and nuzzled his head against Jin's. "Jinnie," he said, "how about we bring some lunch to Appa later? Would you like that?"

Jin squealed happily and nodded. "Yay!"

Sehun giggled and pecked the four year old's cheek. "Then we'll go play at the park after we visit Appa." He set Jin down on the counter and handed him a small replica of the spoon he was using. "Want to help me, Jinnie?"

The boy nodded and plunged the spoon in the thick soup, splattering brown liquid on the oven top and on Sehun's apron. The older boy sighed. This would be a long afernoon.


Sehun bowed in gratitude as the driver opened the door for him. He stepped out of the limo with both Tao's lunch and Jin in this arms. Jin was bouncing happily and muttering, "Appa, Appa," under his breath.

Sehun walked towards the front door and smiled at the man who opened it for him. "Thank you, Hoshi," he said.

Hoshi smiled at him and nodded. "Anytime, Sehun. It's good to see you again," he said and glanced at Jin. "Ah, I see you've brought the little trouble maker."

Jin pouted and stuffed his face in Sehun's neck. "'M not a trouble maker."

He whined when Hoshi and Sehun started to laugh and Sehun rocked him slightly to calm him. "We're just teasing you, sweetie," Sehun muttered. Without waiting for the young boy to respond, he motioned towards the food he held. "We're paying Tao a visit," he explained to the older doorman.

"Ah," Hoshi said, "it will be a nice surprise - seeing you two would brighten his day immensly."

Sehun blushed at the implication. "He'll be happy to see Jin, I'm sure," he mumbled.

"Appa likes seeing you too, Hunnie," Jin said, surprising Sehun. The older blushed and shook his head. He didn't want to get his hopes up.

"Of course, Jinnie. Excuse us, Hoshi - we'll be on our way."

"Have a nice day, Sehun."

"Yes, you too!" Sehun walked towards the elevator on the far left side of the lobby, waving the best he could at Lily, the receptionist. He pressed the button and waited for the door to open. Once it did, he walked in and set Jin down. Jin pouted and Sehun ruffled his hair. "Just for a moment, sweetie," he muttered, readjusting the lunch and utensils in his hands.

Jin waddled over to the glass door of the elevator, watching in amazement as the shorter buildings surrounding his appa's started to look very small. He had been here with Sehun before, of course, but he always thought of it as entertaining - how he was now taller than all of those buildings!

He glanced at Sehun, who was still fidgeting with the objects in his hands. He began wondering, and not for the first time, why Sehun had been with him all his life. He knew the older boy had taken care of him since he was a baby. Watching over him, cooking his and his appa's food, and going so far as to let Jin sleep with him at times when nightmares hit. He wondered if this is what it felt like to have two parents. A hard working appa, and a loving umma...

But... Sehun wasn't his umma... or was he?

"Hunnie?"

Sehun glanced at him and grinned. "What is it, baby?"

Jin averted his eyes. "...umma?"

Sehun's eyes widened, and he looked at the small toddler confused. "What?"

Jin looked up at him - confident this time. "Umma - are you Umma?"

Sehun's heart broke. This was the most inappropriate place for this kind of talk. He sighed and leaned down, placing his large hand on Jin's soft cheek and rubbing it gently. "Oh, sweetie, I'd love to be your umma," he paused for a moment. "But I can't."

Jin started at him for a moment. "Why?"

Sehun gulped. 'Because Tao would have to love me' "Because I'm Hunnie, remember? When your appa gets married, you need to call that woman 'Umma'..."

Jin's nose wrinkled. "But I want Appa to marry Hunnie," he protested.

Sehun was about to open his mouth to respond when the door opened at the top floor. Sehun swooped Jin up and the boy squealed, tiny hands grasping at Sehun's shirt for a sense of balance. The people on the other side of the elevator waiting to get on smiled at the two, already used to their presense.

Sehun and Jin were greeted with grins and friendly waves. It was no secret that everyone under Tao's employment loved seeing Sehun and Jin at the office. The two instantly boosted everyone's day, and if the employees were lucky, Tao would let them off early simply because he was in a better mood because of the visit.

Sehun walked down the crowded hallway until he got to the door labeled, 'CEO - Huang Zitao'. He knocked and waited patiently for the "Come in." It came, and he opened the door slowly, only to grin at the sight of Tao lazing over his desk, trying to flip a pen around his fingers.

"I thought you were a busy man, Mr. Huang," Sehun said teasingly, coming in the door the rest of the way.

Zitao looked up and grinned brightly at the sight of his housekeeper and his son. He caught sight of the food in Sehun's hand and groaned. "You are an angel, Sehun. I've been dying."

Sehun rolled his eyes. Typical man. He set Jin down and watched as the boy ran over to his appa, climbing on his lap and hugging him tightly. Sehun opened the container of stew in his hand and placed it in front of Tao, as well as some utensils.

Tao hummed as he took the first bite. Damn, Sehun could cook. No matter how many times he eats the homemade meals, he can't help but be surprised at how wonderful they are. He swallowed and sighed. "Thank you, Sehun. Not that I don't want you two here," he rubbed his hand through Jin's hair as the boy sagged against him, "but why?"

Sehun shrugged but smiled sheepishly. "To be honest, Tao, you... aren't home much anymore these days." God, he sounded like a needy wife... "And Jin misses you," he added, hoping to cushion the dive that his manly pride took. Tao frowned when Sehun avoided his gaze, staring intently at Jin.

Tao gulped silently and nodded, running a hand through his hair. He hugged the small body of his son tightly. "Yes, Sehun, I am aware. We are in the state of a large production period right now. If I was able to leave, I would but-"

"No!" Sehun blurted, and immediately blushed when Tao looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "No, Tao, it's okay. You don't have to justify yourself to me... I'm... I'm just a housekeeper..."

Tao continued to stare at him, and Sehun let out a breath of relief when Tao looked down at Jin, who seemed to be dozing. "Do you miss Appa, Jinnie?" Tao asked sadly.

Sehun frowned when he heard a small, whimpered "Neh," and he stepped closer to a hand through the boy's hair.

"...Tao, I know we haven't been here very long, but I promised Jin we'd go to the park today," Sehun said, already reaching for the boy he wished he could call his own.

Zitao let him take his son off his lap, staring after the both of them as they walked towards the door. Sehun turned back to him before they walked out. "Tao," he implored.

"Hmm?"

"...Try to be home before Jinnie goes to bed tonight. I know he'd like to see you."

Tao gulped. It sounded like something a disappointed wife would say. He nodded. "Yes, I'll be home quickly."

Sehun hummed in approval and nudged the still dozing toddler. "Sweetie, say 'bye' to Appa," he whispered.

Jin raised a weak hand and waved slowly, before the two left Tao in his office, alone.


Sehun waited on the couch. It was 2 o'clock in the morning, and Zitao still wasn't home. Sehun sighed and glanced at the sleeping boy in his arms. Jin had stayed up until 10 o'clock, determined to be awake when his appa returned so he could get a goodnight kiss.

It almost made Sehun mad at himself. Here he was, craving Tao's affection when even Tao's own son almost came in second to work. Don't get Sehun wrong - Zitao loved Jin. He didn't think Zitao could be a better appa if he tried. It's just... work was getting in the way and Sehun hated seeing Jin cry just because he didn't get to see his appa for three days straight. Jin had slept with Sehun those nights.

Sehun Jin's soft hair and exhaled slowly, trying to organize his thoughts. Jin had wanted him and Zitao to marry. He smiled at the thought. Jin wanted to call him 'Umma,' and that thought made his smile grow a little wider. Just the thought of being an actual parent to Jin was enough - but married to Tao? Amazing.

But then reality set in.

Tao was straight. Tao was beyond straight. He had the good looks, money, and the charm to make all sorts of ladies fall for him instantly. That was where Jin came from. His umma was a money-grubbing who had run off as soon as Jin was born, leaving Zitao all alone with a newborn.

Then Sehun came in - eighteen years old, poor, and looking for a place to stay and to work. Zitao had offered him both, and the rest is history.

Sehun didn't know the exact time when he started falling for the infamous Huang Zitao, but he knew he was screwed anyways. As long as he had Jin and Zitao as close friends, that's all that mattered.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when soft hair tickled his neck.

"Umma," Jin mumbled, pressing harder into Sehun's slim figure. Sehun smiled sadly and ran a finger down the fragile face. What if when Zitao got married, his new wife took over everything? Took over the housecare, the cooking... took over caring for Jin?

He would have no one... and nothing.

He felt a tear roll down his face and took a shaky breath. He layed on the couch with Jin snuggled in his arms, burying his face in the child's soft black hair.

In that moment, he came to realize that this was reality. Unrequited love, his reality.

He laughed brokenly as he heard another small "Umma," come from Jin's mouth. He knew it'd never be.

After all, what did he have to offer one of the most powerful men in Korea? He was just a housekeeper.


As he dreams, he hears Jin laughter in the living room, smells supper simmering on the oven, feels warm arms slide around his waist, and hears a deep voice whisper in his ear. 

"I'm home."


 

 

Horrible, horrible, horrible, I am soooo freaking sorry for this piece of crap! D: I wanted it to go differently, damn it! So for those of you who wanted a fluffy ending, NOTHING FOR YOU! Those who were expecting an ending like this - MASTER OF PREDICTIONS... Anyways, I was thinking of adding a prequel/sequel to this... So maybe you guys who wanted fluffy can get your happy ending. Let me know what you thought! I know it was a bit scatterbrained and not well-organized at all... but in my defense it's 2 o'clock in the morning. Thank you!!!