If You're Gonna Be A , Then I'm Only Half Sorry

If You're Gonna Be A , Then I'm Only Half Sorry

The studio lights were bright enough to give Kyungsoo the beginnings of what he knew would be one hell of a tension headache. Nature Republic's theme of white on white on pastel didn't help matters either. The lights seemed to reverberate off every surface, gouging the singers wide eyes as he stood in the middle of the set awaiting further instructions. Sticking his hands in his pockets, he watched as Baekhyun aided Sehun in harrassing some of the young staff members. He couldn't quite make out what the devious duo were saying but, judging by the slightly scarred look on the girls faces, the topic couldn't have appropriate in the slightest. Baekhyun beamed at the maknae, and Kyungsoo tried not to to think about cheesy things like the fact that his hyungs smile was brighter then any amount of studio lighting he'd ever be forced to stand under (Kyungsoo cringed and made a mental note to stop watching dramas with Junmyeon).  A crew member made his way to Baekhyun, speaking to him and gesturing towards the set that Kyungsoo was currently stalking him from. Since his dongsaeng was, in fact creeping on him, their eyes met as Sehun patted Baekhyun on the back and mutterd words of (what I'm sure he assumed to be)encouragement. Baekhyun's million watt smile faltered and the crack in Kyungsoo's heart got a little wider.

Things between EXO K's lead vocalists had become strained as of late. Actually, if a reporter were to ask Kyungsoo about his relationship with the older singer, he's sure he would blatantly and honostly state, "Everything is terrible and I am going straight to hell." As Baekhyun forces his legs to carry him ever closer to his dongsaeng, Kyungsoo tries to remember where it all went, in Wufan's english vernacular, " up". Maybe it was when Kyungsoo had uncharacteristically spilled vitamin water down the front of the white shirt he borrowed from his elder. Although, now that he thinks about it, that was 2 weeks ago and Baekhyun hadn't really cared all that much. He'd merely snuck his dongsaeng out of the dorm and made him buy them bubble tea as punishment.

Baekhyun had finally made his way to stand awkwardly beside Kyungsoo and the younger recalled anouther incident. Not all that long ago he had somehow managed to smack his hyung in the forehead with the business end of a spatula. Kyungsoo sighed, remembering that that problem had been quickly resolved as well. The younger had fretted over Bakehyun, stumbling over a string of apologies and on the verge of tears, when the elder had calmed him with his stupidly cute eye smile.
"If you think this is the first time I've ever been smacked in the face, then you clearly don't know me as well as I thought." He'd helped Kyungsoo hold the ice pack to his forehead, his pretty fingers wrapped around the youngers wrist. The small bit of skin to skin contact making Kyungsoo flush hot, even as the cold compress made him lose feeling in his fingers.

Kyungsoo glanced sideways at his uncomfortable hyung, Their little kitchen incident was only a week ago and if he brushed Baekhyun's dark bangs aside, he's sure he could still see the small fading bruise. The thought of touching Baekhyun had barely crossed his mind before his brain loudly demanded "Yes. That. The touching of the face. We should do it." Kyungsoo extened a hand toward Baekhyun, only to be frozen on the spot as the latter noticeably flinched.  Kyungsoo let his hand fall back to his side and ...oh...right...there was that one small incident 5 days ago that may have something to do with Baekhyuns icy demeanor. Hindsight is 20/20 but Kyungsoo is starting to think that maybe kissing his bandmate while the two of them were rehearsing a duet may not have been the smartest thing he's ever done. (No, he's not in denial. Deffinitely not...)

In Kyungsoo's defense, Moonlight is a beautiful (and rather relevent) song, and Baekhyun really does have an an amazing voice and - you know, he should probably stand further away from him when he hits those high notes becuase those veins of his protrude from his pale, inviting neck and - in all fairness, it's not Kyungsoo's fault that he wants to attach his lips to his hyungs throat to see if he can get his range to strech up another octave, or maybe even -

"Sorry about the wait! You guys ready?" Kyungsoo chokes on his own spit and Baekhyun jumps out of his skin at the noise. Oh, right, the shoot. With the smiling and the touching and Kyungsoo is basically trash because Baekyun's rectangular smile is (in his opinion) the best thing about all of these cheesy shoots they do and he's robbed every one of it.

He want's to apologize, he needs to, but he doesn't think Baekhyun would appreciate a rushed, "Hey, man, I'm sorry I tried to eat your face. Even though we techincaly made out a bit because you reciprocated before shoving me into a wall but it's whatever. Let's do this nature thing, bro!" . Even Kyungsoo knows that's wildly inapropriate.

The awkward bandmates managed to make it through the majority of the shoot with minimal touching. Jut when Kyungsoo thinks Baekhyun is starting to relax, the photographer yells something about "skinship" and "you guys know the drill" and Kyungsoo finds himself looking around for an innocent bystander to strangle. The camera stops flashing, Baekhyun freezes up again, and Kyungsoo just wants this day to be over (he can see Junmyeon pacing in the wings whilst staring at them like a nervous mama bear and - yeah that). Kyungsoo lets out a disgruntled sigh before places a big "squishy" smile on his face  and wrapping his arms around his most precious hyung from behind. Baekyun immediately tenses up, clearly just barely resisting the urge to flee. Just as Kyungsoo was regretting making such a risky move, the camera flashes invade his eyes once again and the shoot continues. Out of pure habit, Kyungsoo took this oppertunity to rest his chin on his elders shoulder and glance up at his expression.

If Kyungsoo hadn't been so annoyed with the look on Baekhyun's face he would have laughed. The older vocalist had the dumbest most strained smile streched accross his usually bright and open features. Had the two been on better (or just normal) terms, Kyungsoo would have reached up and pinched his hyungs cheeks without hesitation. Saying something along the lines of "Baekhyun, your ugly is starting to show. Stop being weird.". Baekhyun would have laughed, the light sound contageous enough to make Kyungsoo follow suit. The elder would have leaned back into his touch, the camera would flash and they would have been done. However, a fun and natural picture just wasn't in the cards today, so after a disasterous attempt and creating a giant BaekSoo hearteu (...awkward...) the photographer called it quits and Baekhyun was off the set before Kyungsoo could blink the light spots out of his eyes.

The dejected singer barely had a chance to stare forlornly at his retreating hyung before he was being man handled off set and down the hall to their dressing room. Junmyeon, who at this point was basically foaming at the mouth, tossed him into the room already occupied by Wufan and Jongdae. The Chinese leader regarded his better half with a confused stare while his own lead vocalist looked just a little too startled.
"Now whats happened?" Wufan asked, his expression never changing. Instead of answering, however, Junmyeon adressed the nervous Jongdae.
"Out." The younger mans sigh of relief, as he pracitcally bounded out the door, triggered Wufan's leader instincts.
"Hold up! You're way too happy right now, Jongdae." The color drained from his stoic face as he lowered his voice "Jongdae...What have you done to Zitao?" All eyes turned to the suspect as an eerily sweet smile spread accross his deciptively sweet face.
"Nothing, hyung. Absolutely nothing." He then slipped out the door like the stealthy feline Kyungsoo is positive he was in a past life. There was a beat of silence as the three men stared at the door before Junmyeon turned to Wufan, a scandalized look on his face.
"What the hell was that?" Wufan opened his mouth to respond but Junmyeon waved him off.  "Actually, I don't have the mental capacity for whatever mess that'll turn out to be. Help me deal with this first." Junmyeon gestured to Kyungsoo and Wufan regarded him for the first time since he'd entered the room. The tall rapper cocked his head and crossed his arms.
"What did you do?" Kyungsoo grimaced and let out a short sarcastic laugh.
"Did you two finally get married? You need dad to back you up while you dicipline the kids, huh, mom?" Wufan tried not to blush while Junmyeon mearly rolled his eyes.
"Are you 12? Is this why Baekhyun's so pissed off, because you're too immature to act like a well adjusted adult?"  Kyungsoo folded into himself, instantly chastised.
"Look, I'm sorry, ok? I'll fix this, you don't need to tag team me." He turned to leave but Junmyeon wasn't having it.
"What happened, though? I don't think I've ever seen him so sad before....it's unsettling." Wufan slowly nodded in agreement and the two leaders waited for a response.

Wufan and Junmyeon's "strategy meetings" were in no way a secret from the rest of the members (thin walls and an apparently very skilled Wufan make for some extremely unsettling evenings for everyone not involved). Kyungsoo wasn't afraid of judgement, he was afraid of being blamed for tearing apart the group because he forced his feelings down Baekhyuns throat. If his hyung couldn't accept his feelings the way Wufan had gladly and openly accepted Junmyeons, he wouldn't force it. Kyungsoo's heart began screaming "NO. WRONG." so he decided to apologize before he lost his resolve (or he threw himself and Baekhyun's feet and started singing "We Belong Together"). Kyungsoo cracked the door open, giving his leaders a weary but reassuring smile.
"Like you said, hyung. I was acting like a selfish child. I'll apologize now."

He starts off down the hall with confidence.

When you left I lost a part of me, is that so hard to believe?

Faltering just a little when he makes it back to the studio (where the is that music coming from?).

Come back, baby please

He spots Baekhyun sitting alone off in a corner, face drawn as he fiddles with his phone.

Cuz we belong together.

Kyungsoo shakes the Mariah cobwebs from his brain, squares his shoulders, and all but sprints until he's (quite literally) toe to toe with Baekhyun. The elder starts, as he's prone to do, but before he can make his hasty retreat, Kyungsoo forces his mouth to make noises into words that only kind of make sense.
"We should break Chanyeols ihome."
Baekhyun makes a face the Kyungsoo interpertes to mean "Please elaborate" so he does just that.
"He has a sick obsession with horrible R&B songs from the early to mid 2000's. We need to band together to put an end to his solo shower concerts. My plan is for you to be the distraction, while I do the dirty work. Then, after a succesful mission, I will buy you as much makchang as you can possibly eat, and we'll laugh at the texts Chanyeol will be sending us about appropriate attire for the funeral of his beloved electronic device. I am, however, aware that we are not a fuctioning team at the moment. So I, Do Kyungsoo, lea-(cough) second lead vocalist of EXO-K, would like to formally apologize for crossing the line of brotherhood. I know it was wrong and I can 100% guarentee that it will never ever happen again." Kyungsoo finished with a low bow and, as he felt a weight being lifted off of his (not) narrow shoulders, a genuine smile on his face.

After such a heartfelt apology, Kyungsoo was expecting a hug, or at the very least, a bro fist. What he was not expecting, however, was a very angry Baekhyun to stand from his seat only to slap him accross the face. Luckily, no none heard the painful slap over the din of the busy photoshoot. (Except Jongin apparently, as Kyungsoo heard a low "Daaaaaaaaaamn" come from somewhere in the area). The poor abused vocalist righted himself, his hand holding his redening cheek and his eyes impossibly wide with shock.
"Did you really just slap me?"
No response.
"Are you on you're period or something, what the hell?" Ok, in all honosty, Kyungsoo should have expected the second slap.
Not until both of his soft cheeks were stinging and red, did Kyungsoo start to realize that maybe Baekyun didn't full accept his apology. His seething elder finally took a few calming breaths before speaking.
"You," (Dramatic pause because Baekhyun is a diva who lives in an SBS drama) "need to be more aware of other people's feelings before you start using them for your own agenda." If the man had been wearing a wig, Kyungsoo was sure that he would have flipped his hair as he stalked past his stunned dongsaeng. He turned slowly to watch his hyung sashay away from him, only to finally notice Jongin sitting on the floor, hidden by a makeup table. He stared up at his hyung, phone camera pointed at him and his mouth agape.
"Dude...."
"Yeah, do you know what the hell he was-"
"He totally just slapped you....Twice."
Kyungsoo snatched Jongin's phone, telling him to start saving up for a new one, as the younger cluthced to his leg begging for mercy. Baekhyun watched the scene play out, a frown forming on his usually smiling face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner with EXO was usually acompanied with some kind of commotion or drama. Tonight's main course consisted of Jongin whining to Junmyeon about "crazy hyungs" and "shattered phone screens" with a side of awkward tension between more then a couple of the bandmates. While Jongdae and Tao's tension seemed to be slightly ual (Kyungsoo chose not to think about that while he was trying to eat), Baekhyun and Kyungsoo seemed to be attempting to strangle eachother with their eyes. Kyungsoo was thinking he had almost succedeed in murdering his y hyung, when a pouty Jongin finally decided to berate his attacker face to face.

"Why'd you do it, hyung? You shouldn't treat your favorite dongsaeng this way."
"You shouldn't go around filming your elders in compromising positions."
"I just thought you looked really cute, I didn't expect Baekhyun hyung to rage quit your face."
"Stop bothering me or I'll rage quit more then just your face."
"Hyung...That sounded like an inneundo."
"It deffinitely wasn't"
"....Are you sure?"
"Positive, now remove yourself from my bubble or you wont be able to buy a new phone because you'll have chopsticks lodged into your ear canal." Jongin's (most likely whiny) retord was cut off by the sound of a glass meeting the hard wood table with a bit too much force. Kyungsoo and the rest of his bandmates settled their confused eyes onto a fuming Baekhyun. Wufan raised a sculpted eyebrow at the younger.
"You alright over there?" The vocalist in question fixed his two bickering dongsaengs with a glare.
"I'm just finding it a little difficult to eat with Kyungsoo and Jongin engaging in at the dinner table. But hey, if no one else thinks its off putting...." He let his sentance taper off and Kyungsoo felt as if he'd just been slapped for a third time. The silence that ensued was defeaning, or...at least it would have been had Jongdae not errupted in strange and extrememly loud laughter. Tao tried to calm his gufawing hyung as Kyungsoo watched Baekhyun continue to eat as if he hadn't just basically wrote the word "jealous" accross his own forhead.

Once Tao had sufficently calmed his elder down (He'd choked on his own spit, thank god), he handed him his glass of water. It was almost scary how quickly Jongdae composed himself, placing a sachrine grin on his face as he leaned over towards Baekhyun, offering him the drink.
"Here ya go, Baek, you seem a bit thirsty." Baekhyun looked from him, to the water, and then slowly to the rest of his memebers, who were staring at him with various looks of concerned amusement. The realization of what he had just implied (or blatantly confessed) seemed to finally sink in as a blush started to creep his way up to his cheeks. He averted his eyes back to his plate before setting down his chopsticks.
"You all can go yourselfs." He stood quickly, Kyungsoo following suit. Baekhyun watched him in mild horror before quickly backing away from the table, stumbling over his chair. "Espeicailly you, Do Kyungsoo, you stay away from me, got it?" His eyes began to water and Kyungsoo wondered why there weren't any sakura petals dancing around him as he made his hasty exit, because this is some straight out of some horrible Peach-Pit anime.

The silence that follows acutally is qiuet, since Jongdae finally feels a bit remorseful about his actions. It still doesn't last very long though, Jongin's brain seems to finally wake up as he looks around the table with a slightly horrified expression.
"Does he think Kyungsoo and I are ing?" Junmyeon lets out an audible groan and burries his face in his hands. The others began speaking to Kyungsoo all at one but he was too busy staring at hallway Baekhyun had just exited through to pay much attention.
"What a ing moron." Instantly fueled by adrenaline (and a bit of rage) Kyungsoo propelled himself out of the confused dining room, not stopping until he had practically kicked down Baekhyuns door, strolling in as he if belonged there. As he watched his hyung spring up from his bed, startled and quickly rubbing his eyes on his long sleeved shirt, he thought that maybe he did belong there. Maybe Baekhyun actually did want him as more then just a brother. His heart swelled at the thought as his hyung sniffled cutely and Kyungsoo took that oppertunity to punch him square in the jaw.

Baekhyun spun around from the force (which was a tad unnecessary, he hadn't hit him that hard...) before staring back at the yonger man, his eyes wide as he cupped his abused face.
"WHAT THE HELL? YOU JUST PUNCHED ME!"
"Yes I did, because although you are a very stupid man, you are a man nonetheless. We are both men, Baekhyun, and when men are angry, they throw punches. They don't get into silly slap fights, and they certainly don't start acting like a jealous princess over a misunderstanding."
Baekhyun seemed to still be reeling from the fist he'd just taken to the face, but he continued listening to Kyungsoo ragardless. "So, before this turns into a romcom anime with 20 ing episodes of miscommunication, let me just clear things up right here and now." Kyungsoo began taking steps towards his teary eyed hyung. "I've never wanted to have with Kim Jongin as long as I've known him. I've never asked for his approval on my singing, I've never wanted to lace our fingers together while we fell asleep, and I've deffinitely never wanted to kiss him in the practice room while singing a duet with him." He stoped when he was inches away from Baekhyun's face, the latters hand still cupping his jaw.  Kyungsoo reached down to grab Baekhyun's free hand, running his thumb over his hyungs delicate knuckles. "I didn't kiss you with any alterior motives, don't you know me well enought to know that I'd never do that? Especially not to you, Hyung. I kissed you because you're Baekhyun and I'm Kyungsoo. I kissed you because we're us. Simple as that."

Kyungsoo smiled as Baekhyun let out another sniffle, tightening his hand around the youngers. The shorter vocalist let out a sigh and leaned his forehead against Baekhyun's, the elder instantly relaxed and the vice grip that had been on Kyungsoo's heart for months (years) finally dissipated.
"You punched me...." Kyungsoo laughed and leaned back to remove Baekhyuns hand from his slightly puffy jaw, replacing it with his own. Baekhyun pouted and leaned into the touch.
"Yeah but, not hard. You'll be alright." Kyungsoo leaned down to place a light kiss on the redened skin before pulling Baekhyun into a hug, burrying his face in the elders neck. "You're the hyung, so act like it. Be nice to you're cute dongsaeng and let him love you, ok?" Baekhyun chuckled before wrapping his hands around the smaller mans waist.
"Are you asking me to act like a man?" before Kyungsoo could think of a witty retort, someone beat him to it.
"Yeah hyung, you must be as swift as a coursing river for Kyungsoo-yah!" The troll know as Jongdae hit strike three and Baekhyun wasted no time in violently kicking the door shut. "MY FACE! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!"
"Be a man, Jongdae."
" you, Byun Baek!"
"No thank you, I've already got that covered."
"Tao! Code Red! I'm being bullied!"
"Tell Mulan I'm not afraid of him or his wu shu stick." Kyungsoo noted that Baekhyun locked the door as soon as Tao's name was mentioned, but decided that it was for privacy, not self preservation.

Jongdae's foot steps retreated and Baekhyun made his way into Kyungsoo's personal space once again.
"I'm sorry for my PMS and for ever thinking ill of you. Forgive me?" Kyungsoo decided to answer him by closing the distance between them and melding their lips together in a slow kiss (and no, "What is Love" definitely did not start playing in Kyungsoo's mind...) They broke apart as Kyungsoo started walking them backwards towards the bed. "Do I get an apology?" Baekhyun asked as he kissed his way up the youngers jaw. Kyungsoo considered it breifly before answering.
"Nope. You' we're being a little and I acted accordingly. Now please stop talking." Baekhyun pretended to be offended as he let his favorite dongsaeng pull him down on top of him, pressing his full lips to the elders in another kiss. Baekhyun seemed to always blow things out of proportion with his wild imagination and pentient for dramatics, but he figured that if Kyungsoo was willing to stand by him even when he thought he was the main character in a drama, he'd gladly take puch to the face any day.

THE END

So, this was origianlly supposed to be a little more angsty but, in light of recent events, I decided to rewrite the whole thing, making it a tad ridiculous. I figured we all needed a little laugh though. Hope you enjoyed the abusive BaekSoo couple. ;)

(Random bouts of TaoChen becuase I can't control my own feelings. IMNOTSORRYINTHESLIGHTEST)