The Sense of an Ending

The Sense of an Ending
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What should I say?

What face should I make?

Won’t my turned back look too in pain?”

Day 1

I, a freshman. Her, Jessica Jung, a sophomore. I have liked that person since day one of my last year as an elementary student...

 

It was the last days of school before summer break... we were sitting at the bleachers near the hallway together with our friends Hyoyeon, a freshman and also my best friend, and Taeyeon unnie, a classmate of Jessica unnie. When Tyler and his friends passed by.

 

Jessica unnie who was looking over at the bench said to Hyoyeon who was listening to me as I give her the guitar chords for a certain song... "Hyoyeon-ah I really have a crush on Tyler-ssi, he looks so gentle, so cute, and handsome..." then she continued "Hyoyeon-ah, would you mind asking him for a picture?"

 

Upon hearing those, I stopped playing the guitar... "Tch, gentleman? Cute? Handsome? If you only know what's he like." I mumbled, irritated. I know Taeyeon unnie heard what I said 'coz I saw her smirking at me.

 

Hyoyeon, who was being a good hoobae to Jessica unnie and a BAD best friend to me gave a smile and approached Tyler's group...

 

"Seriously?" I mumbled to myself and mentally gave her a beating because I am a hundred per cent sure she knows that I LIKE JESSICA UNNIE A LOT. Even Taeyeon unnie and their friends know it. And yes, Jessica unnie herself knows it too, I confessed to her 6 months after I knew her. Unfortunately after that a smile was the only response I got.

 

"Tyler-ssi!" I heard Hyoyeon say. "Mind if you give me a picture of yours?"

 

"Hmmm, why? What do you need it for?" He answered back.

 

"Someone wants a picture of you." Hyoyeon said.

 

"Oh, who?"

 

"Just a girl who has a crush on you."

 

"I see, but I'm out of copies now, you know teachers asking photos for clearance, classmates asking for souvenirs, and yeah random girls..."

 

"Did Hyoyeon ask you the reason for being out of copies? Tch, this arrogant man..." I said to myself, irritated level rise from fifty per cent to a hundred.

 

"No need to rush man, you can hand it to me tomorrow."

 

"Ok... tomorrow then."

 

After hearing that irritating conversation between MY BEST FRIEND and that arrogant Tyler, Hyoyeon walked back to where we were sitting...

 

"All done unnie!" She said smiling.

 

As she gets nearer, I stood up and handed her more like pushed the guitar to his chest. She looked at Jessica unnie, then Taeyeon unnie, and me questioningly.

 

"What's up? Where are you going?" Jessica unnie asked.

 

"Classroom. Sleep." I said coldly with my back facing them. I can hear Jessica unnie asking Taeyeon unnie and Hyoyeon what my problem is.

 

"Eh, I don't know if you're dense or just plain stupid." I mumbled to myself while walking to the classroom which is a minute away to where we were sitting at.

 

After an hour of sulking and mentally cursing my idiot best friend and that arrogant Tyler, I fell asleep...

 

I was awakened by a tap on my shoulder.

 

"Hey, someone's looking for you." A classmate of mine said while pointing towards the door.

 

There she stood with a wide grin on her face. Taeyeon unnie... I went to her lazily.

 

"Taeyeon unnie, what are you doing here?" I said with an arched brow.

 

"Hey, lover boy! Your princess is looking for you! Kekeke!"

 

I stood in front of her giving her a WHO-THE-HELL look...

 

"Eeey! Sica-ah's looking for you! Come... she's at the bleachers waiting."

 

"What the hell does she need me for? Oh, she needs me there for me to hear how she fantasizes about that arrogant Tyler..." I mumbled, irritated.

 

I saw her at the spot where we were sitting hours ago. Taeyeon unnie made me sit in between them.

 

"Hey! What happened to you a while ago? Why'd you leave?" Jessica unnie asked.

 

"Nothing." I said coldly.

 

"Oh... are you feeling unwell?" She asked again.

 

I shook my head no, still not looking at her, anger within me started to build up again because of her stupid questions. I was about to stand and leave when I noticed that she was fiddling, it seems like she wants to say something... After mentally counting to three I stood up only to be held by my wrist.

 

"Are you jealous of Tyler-ssi?"

 

I didn't give an answer nor even looked at her.

 

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

 

I gave her a WHAT-THE-HELL-??? look.

 

"Yes." I answered coldly but I mentally groaned and beat myself to death because of my stupid mouth.

 

Yes, I like her but don't you think it's too sudden? A while ago she was spazzing over that Tyler, now she asked me that freaking question, and to top it all I answered it with a YES, a ing YES!

I was still standing, staring at her, frozen. I snapped out from my trance when she took my phone on my pocket and pulled me back to sit...

 

"Hmmm, I guess honey sounds good... what do you think Tae?" She asked Taeyeon unnie.

 

"Lover boy sounds better!" She replied with a wide grin on her face.

 

"I think baby will do."

 

"Aish! Just! Go ahead and pu

Please log in to read the full chapter