Tollbooth

Tollbooth

Tollbooth

When I was in Canada, this never happened. The toll was paid automatically, no cash, no people there waiting for you. Here was different. Every time I drove to my city to another town I needed to pay in cash…7 dollars I think. Because of my job I’m traveling a lot, I’d say everyday from my city to other town. Yesterday something really strange happened. At the tollbooth usually women are the ones who work there but where I stopped to pay there was a man, a young man, I’m not saying I’m old but he was younger than me; cute, but handsome, he was, a simple view, perfect.

“Good morning sir” he said to me, with low tone of voice, but sweet at the same time. He was smiling at me but I could tell it was a fake smile like those you just need to have at your job no matter what. I gave him 10 dollars, he gave me the change “thanks” I said and he answer me “have a good travel”. That was our first interaction and the next ones where the same, I don’t know how but he was always there when I traveled. Maybe It was a coincidence, I really wanted to asked him but that will be really weird like “hey why you are always here when I travel?” he doesn’t even know!

So, I calculated. I usually travel at the afternoon (14 or 15 hrs.) and come back to my place at 21hrs. He works 7 hours or more I don’t know, and the work’s days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

The more he saw me, the more the smile was sincere. It was like he actually recognizes me. Sure, 3 days at week he saw me and said to me those words but nothing more. I wonder how a beautiful young man like him, is working on that exhausting job. Even when I slept I thought of him… does he study? Does he have a girlfriend or boyfriend? Does he does he does he…

One Wednesday, I remember like it was yesterday, was the first time I touch his hand, softly and carefully. I could saw goosebumps on him, he was nervous; his lips trembled a little bit. That day he didn’t say the last words.

I really wanted to get close to him, I wanted so much, to know him, maybe start a friendship I don’t know. He was mysteriously making my mind explode so I decided next time I saw him give him my cell phone number.

“Good morning sir” as usually. I gave him the money but also a little piece of paper with my number, he was froze, he tried to act normal when he gave me the change but I knew I’d got him.

A week passed and he never called me. So it has to be one: He doesn’t like men, and I creep out him or two: He is too shy to call me. I preferred the second option.tho.

It was Friday when I saw him with a new uniform; he looked cute with that orange hat and his long hair. He said good morning to me as always and when he gave me the change it was a paper with his number I smiled at him and he bit his bottom lip hiding a smile. So I left with bit smile on my face. I would definitely call him on Monday.

 

 “H-hello” by the way he answered the phone I knew he knew it was me. I wondered how my name appeared on his mobile.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked him normally but truth be told I was freaking out. “I’m fine thank you” he said and then an awkward silent. “I’m Minho” he spoke first “I’m Jinki” I replied. “well, umm what are you going to do today? If he says “nothing” I’d ask him out.

“I’m free today” that was strange, it was Monday, why he didn’t go to work?

“I thought you worked on Mondays”.

“mmm yes, but, uh, today is my birthday so I asked for a break so…”

Interesting.

“Would you like to go somewhere now? I can pick you at your place or wherever you are” I had wonderful ideas for this special day to him. God knows how much I wanted this happen.

“Really? But, I don’t live in the city I don’t think is…”

“It doesn’t matter tell me” I didn’t let him finish, I didn’t want any excuse.

So he told me the place where I could find him. He was there standing looking so shy with the winter messing his hair.

“Hi”

“Hello, get in, is cold outside”

At the way to the restaurant we didn’t talk, he was playing with his fingers and looking through the window avoiding me. We arrived to Charlotte’s restaurant, one of my favorites and I knew he would loved it.

“This place is pretty, fancy” he said looking around.

“yeah, it’s one of my faves, have a sit”

We start to talk, about everything and nothing, he is turning 20 today, and he is working because he wants to study graphic design and his family can’t afford his college. He likes soccer, he loves Italian food (thank God) he loves dogs and he likes to cook too. His sincere smile it the prettiest I’ve ever saw, and that gesture he does when he wants to control his laughing by biting his bottom lip is too much for me. I told him everything about me, including the part when I say I’m interest on him. He is speechless, his cheeks turn pink and he smile “In some way I feel attract by you too” he reply me.

We ate a lot; I was able to see that he truly loves Italian food. We decided to go to the movies to watch something but there were too much people so we opted for going to the amusement park.

We play some things, I won a big frog and I gave it to him, I could saw he looks like one, and he won a chicken and he gave it to me. We ate cotton candy and we went on the roller coaster twice.

“It has been the best birthday ever” he said suddenly regretting later of what he said.

“But there is no birthday without a cake” I took him by the wrist and we entered in to a bakery and made him to choose the cake he wanted. He chose milky-way happily.

“Happy birthday Minho”

“Thank you Jinki Hyung”

“You have some chocolate there”

So I kissed him. He didn’t fight back. He actually responded to me. I kissed him slightly, tasting the chocolate and his own taste at the same time. He gasped when I touch his bottom lip with my tongue cleaning the rest of the cream. The kiss wasn’t eager, in fact was slowly, like we have an entire life for kissing each other. There was no rush.

“Please have another date with me”

“I’d love to” he smiled.

 

That’s how I met him. Thanks to a Tollbooth.

He is now my boyfriend, he is living with me and he is studying what he wanted. I can kiss him like the first kiss every day and I’ve never been so happy.

 

///////////////////////~

My first oneshot here. Sorry for my english is not my mother language tho. u_u hope you like this fluffy story ^^