Real or Not Real?

You Found Me

 

 

“Tell him that I love him, more than anything. Tell him that he meant so much to me that I couldn’t live without him. Tell him that I’m happy that he would love a person like me. Tell him……I will love him forever, and always.”

 

 

 

 

Jin Young let out a helpless whine before tipping his head back and screamed. His chest rise up and down hastily as he clutched the back of her head tightly to him, tears messily pouring down his face.

 

 

 

That’s right. Mia didn’t fell off. She stood on the higher level but she did not jump. Her eyes were closed and her hands were spread out as if she was flying when Jin Young found her. He silently grabs her by her waist and lifted her away.

 

She did not struggle or scream like how a person who is going to suicide did. She was just babbling nonstop as Jin Young held her closely to him.

 

 

 

Every single word she said made Jin Young cry, especially when she told him not to cry for her because she isn’t worth it.

 

 

It hurts him so much to see her in such condition. He could feel her pain. He feels suffocated. His eyes were swollen from crying the whole time and he could barely see anymore.

 

 

He tried to wake her up but she just smile with her eyes closed and continue talking.

 

 

 

“And tell him to be happy and forget about me.”

 

 

 

Jin Young scream in frustration with his shoulder shaking uncontrollably. How could he forget her? That was the last thing he would ever do.

 

He had to wake her up. He had to. Or she would probably do something stupid to herself.

 

 

He grabbed her face in his hands and kissed her on her lips.

 

 

A kiss, like how fairytales do. The prince would kiss his love to wake her up. True loves kiss are the most powerful thing.

 

 

“Mia. Wake up. Please wake up.” he whispered on her lips.

 

“It’s Jin Young oppa, your boyfriend. You’re not dead. You’re safe with me.”

 

He felt a tear when he kisses her. Wiping it away, he whispered on her lips again.

 

 

 

“Wake up. Mia, open your eyes.”

 

 

 

Jin Young kissed her repeatedly, begging her to come back with him. But she did not wake up.

 

 

“Mia..” he cried. “Open your eyes. Please…”

 

 

Wiping his own tears with the back of his hand, he kissed her again but this time with more force.

 

 

She mumbled something against his lips but her eyes were still shut.

“It’s me, Jin Young.” He breathes. “It’s Jin Young…”

 

 

 

 

 

But she wasn’t responding.

 

 

 

 

He heard footsteps coming from the corner and soon the door flung open. 3 nurses and a doctor saw them and quickly rushed to his side.

 

 

“Save her. Please save her.” he pleaded on his knees.

 

The doctor felt her pulse and nodded to the nurses.

 

“Doctor…please….anything…save her....”

 

 

The doctor put a hand on Jin Young shoulder and squeezes it lightly. “She’s still alive. Have faith.”

 

 

 

 

-

Everything was pitched black. The air was still. It was very quiet.

 

 

 

I couldn’t decide whether it was my eyes that were deceiving me or that my eyes were not functioning anymore.

 

I blinked once, twice, three times.

 

 

It was still dark.

 

 

I tried to lift myself up with the support of my elbow, that’s when I realized that I was holding something in my left hand.

 

 

 

Something heavy and soft.

 

 

I twisted my wrist and run my thumb over the object.

 

 

Except it wasn’t an object. It was someone’s hand.

 

 

A hand that was all too familiar to me.

 

I shut my eyes tightly until I could see stars behind my eyelids. This isn’t a dream right? Even if it is, I don’t want to be awake.

 

 

The hand moved, unclasping them from mine.

 

I quickly tighten my grip around his hand, refuse to let it go.

 

The sound of the chair scraping the floor was heard. Then, the room was bright again.

 

 

I squint my eyes and slowly opened them after getting adjusted to the light. As soon as I saw him, my eyes can’t seem to move away.

 

 

Jin Young looked at me from where he was seated. One side of his cheek was slightly red and his hair was messy. He must have been sleeping too earlier.

 

 

He looked tired. The expression on his face was unreadable.

 

 

He called my name after a few second. I had to swallow down the lump in my throat and held back a sob.

 

 

“Mia.” He called again with a shaky voice. I tugged his hand that was holding mine closer to me.

 

 

“How did…..what happen?” I asked softly.

 

 

Jin Young stared at our linked hands and kept his head down the whole time. Slowly, he leaned forward towards me as he released my hand. Then, he pressed his face into the space right on my stomach.

 

“Oppa?” I called out, eyes staring at the ceiling. He stayed still as he was without saying a word.

 

I pushed myself up with the help of my elbows and lifted his head. “Jin Young oppa?”

 

He buried his face deeper into my stomach and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. That’s when he let out a soft sob.

 

I run my hand through his hair and tried to lift up his face but to no avail.

 

“Don’t.” he said, voice muffled by my shirt.

 

“Look at me.”

 

He moved his head from left to right, brushing my stomach with his lips.

 

“Oppa, look at me. Please?” I whispered, patting his head softly.

 

Jin Young lifted up his head after a short pause but he wasn’t looking up at me. It took me a few second to realize that the lower part of my shirt was soaked.

 

Before I could open my mouth, he spoke.

 

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

My hands hover right above his hair, not knowing what to do at that moment.

 

“Why?” he asked again, his voice sounded hoarse. I placed my hands down and stared down at him.

 

 

Why? That was a question that I asked myself every day. And I haven’t gotten my answer either.

 

 

Jin Young let out the most heart wrenching sound and started crying out loudly.  

 

“Mia…” he cried, hands into the back of my shirt. I closed my eyes and try to block out the sound of his cries.

 

“Mia.” He cried out again, now pulling onto my shirt like a child that wants attention from their parents. My lips started quivering.

 

He sniffed loudly and pulled himself away from me, shifting so that he was now sitting on the bed instead of the chair.

 

His eyes were glassy and his face was stained with tears. He placed both of his hands on my cheek and let out a shaky breathe.

 

“Why?” he asked again as another tear slips down from the corner of his eyes. This time I started crying instead.

 

I shook my head and held onto his wrist. “I don’t know…”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?” He sobbed. “Why?” he asked again and again. “Why did you even thought of killing yourself?”

 

His face was blur in my eyes and I just couldn’t stopped crying.

 

“I just…..I just want everything to end.” I choked out and covered my face in my palms. Jin Young didn’t hesitate but to embraced me in his arms.

 

 

“Babo.” He whispered, rocking the both of us from side to side. “Babo.”

 

I pressed myself closer to him, feeling the familiar scent from him. “I know.”

 

 

We stayed like that for the rest of the night, crying our hearts out and whispering soothing words to each other until sleep took over us.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Your….your father?”

 

Jin Young nodded his head. “Yes. My father.”

 

I blinked at him. “How?”

 

He smiled softly at me and kissed my nose. “I’ve got it under control. You don’t have to worry about it.”

 

I frowned. “Is that why you didn’t even visit me in the hospital?”

 

His smile faded and I could feel him slowing moving away from me. “No…That’s not it.”

 

I grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and pulled him back close to me. “Then….What is it?”

 

He closed his eyes as his finger played with mine absentmindedly.

 

 

“I just felt like I don’t deserve to see you anymore.” He sighed.

 

“Babo.”

 

He chuckled and pressed his forehead against mine. “I’m serious, Mia.”

 

“No you’re not.”

 

He pressed another kiss on my nose then on my cheek. “I guess not then.” He grinned.

 

“Babo.”

 

Jin Young smiled and closed his eyes again. “Sleep. You need a lot of rest.” He wrapped his arms around me tightly and let out a sigh.

 

I could feel him breathing on my face from the position we’re staying right now. Sharing a single pillow together and lying next to each other under the hospital blanket. A nurse could walk into us anytime, but I couldn’t care less about it.

 

 

“I don’t want to go to court though.” I murmured softly.

 

 

His fingers reached out to touch the strands of hair behind my ears. “I’ll be there with you.”

 

 

“But still…You can’t be with me the whole time.”

 

 

“I’ll be watching you from far.” He said and pressed a lingering kiss on the side of my head. “Don’t worry about it. Just sleep.”

 

“What if they win? You know how my stepmother is, she would probably hire the best lawyer in town to defend….defend…you know who.”

 

He let out a laugh. “Do you doubt my father’s ability?”

“Erm…well I…er…”

“Like I’ve said, don’t worry about it. My father will definitely win for you. He is a great lawyer.”

 

I smiled and nuzzled into his chest. “I like your parents.”

“I like them too.” He laughed. I hit his chest with my knuckles.

 

 

Jin Young stopped combing his fingers through my hair when I tangled our legs together. He placed his hands on my shoulder and pushed me away.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking up at him. He shook his head and unlatched himself from me.

“N-nothing. Just sleep.” He said and lifted the blanket. I quickly grab the front of his shirt and wrapped my arms around my torso.

“Where are you going?” I asked. He body felt stiffed to me.

 

Slowly, he untangled his legs from mine and covered the blanket over us again. “Please don’t do that.” He sighed.

“Do what?”

 

 

He bumped his forehead with mine and laughed. “Babo, as usual.”

“Hey…” I frowned. He rubbed our noses together and closed his eyes again.

 

The room was quiet, too quiet for my liking. It made me feel so eerie and loneliness washed over me again.

 

“You’re real, right?” I asked.

“Of course I am. Why do you say that?”

 

 

“I don’t know.” I said after a paused, taking his hands and placed it on top of my cheek. “This could all be a dream. You could be just a figment of my imagination. It’s like my brain has created you to relieve myself from all the pain and lonel-”

 

 

A finger was pressed onto my lips to stop me from speaking. “Don’t.”

 

 

Tears were starting to prick at the corner of my eyes. “It could still be a dream.”

 

 

He cradles my face in his hands and opened his eyes. “Look at me, Mia. Do you see me?”

 

 

I nodded my head.

 

 

“I am touching you right now. Can you feel me?”

 

 

I nodded again.

 

 

“Then I am real, Mia.” He said and pressed his lips onto my forehead. “And I am not going anywhere.”

 

 

 

I blinked my eyes to get rid of the tears that were threatening to fall. “Promise?”

 

 

 

 

He smiled and pressed another kiss on the corner of my mouth.

 

 

 

“I promise.”

 

 



 

Sorry. I was busy with assignments and mid terms. And my results is coming out this Fri omg so scared. Ok enough blabering here. 

Thank you for subscribing and reading! =D