Games End

I'd rather die tonight

 

If it was me against the world I wouldn’t bother, I wouldn’t think about it for a mere second and just go for it like I did so many times before. But it was me against the world and you.
You the one that changed everything and tonight it would end. This was games end and no one of us could win.
I had been escaping your fangs for so many times that I had stopped counting. I liked seeing you furious, but tonight things have changed. Tonight I wouldn’t be able to escape you but I won’t let you get me either. I can’t let you win.
I lean against the cold wall, panting, hair slightly damp from sweating. Sirens scream from afar and I know you’re coming. You come to hunt me down. Chills run down my spine as I push myself from the wall and walk deeper into the building. It’s not about escaping today, it’s about getting time. Time to get you where I want you, time to prepare myself for the end.

The sirens come closer and I can hear helicopters flying high over the building, my senses tingle and I erase every remaining thought about escaping again. I would not quit, because then you would have won. I can’t let you win.
I shove myself into a ventilation shaft to reach the higher floor of the building that I can’t reach because you already block the elevators. I have to be quick before you find me in here. But I’m skilled and I reach the floor before you can figure it out. I walk over to the hidden door in the big office and step in front of the save.

Let the game begin for one last time.                                                                   

I know how to open the save easily, I’ve done it two times already and no one has ever noticed it. But today they will. It’s all part of the game.

A small noise from my phone tells me that you just came barging into the building. I open the save door and let my fingers run over the documents. The documents that can when given to the wrong person lead to war or even worse. But that’s not my intention. My game is to show the weak spots, to tease them that I could sneak into every building and take everything. That’s why they call me Key.

Slowly I take out the documents and set them on the nearby table and scribble down the, for every police officer known words “You lose. I won the game”

 I can hear you roaming through the rooms in order to get access to the top floor. But as your squad slams the door open I have already left but I’m not far away. You know where to find me but you go alone. This is the game between you and me and no one else. You order your squad to search for me while you head into my direction. You know me all too well.

I don’t turn around when you enter the small office that is just a few floors below. My senses tingle as I can hear you hesitate as you try to keep calm and your gun directed at my heart.

“You lied!” Surprised I turn around to look into your beautiful face. Questioning I lift an eyebrow and take a step closer at you. Although you keep your gun focused on my heart you don’t mind me stepping closer.

“You didn’t win and you know that” I smile being lost in your concerned expression.

“You’re right I didn’t really win. You caught me but that doesn’t mean that you won Jjongie” I can see you flinch at your nickname but I know you enjoy me calling you like that, this distance you keep is all a façade.

“Why should it not mean I won? You can’t hide or flee. You’re arrested.” I smile weak at you and come even closer, my chest almost touching your gun. “Oh Jjong, do you really think I would let you get me so easily without having an ace up my sleeve?” You narrow your eyes and I can see you going through possible things that I could try. But I can see that you don’t think about my idea of ending this game. As you still process what I might do I sneak the gun out of your grip and smile at you. Your beautiful eyes wide open.

I look at you one last time. One last time seeing your stunning face that makes angels cry. One last time wishing those beautiful lips would brush over mine again. One last time wishing you would smile at me. For one last time.

Although it hurts, although I can’t breathe, although I can’t think, although my heart stops beating slowly, I’m happy. I’m happy that you’re the last one I will see. The last one to be in my mind as my body crushes the floor remaining lifeless.

My vision slowly blurs but I can see you face hovering over mine. Tears streaming down your face. I can’t hear you scream my name, I can’t feel your hand my face, I can’t see you trying to stop the blood.

But I can feel your lips on mine. I can feel them clearly pushing against my parted lips. I can feel your love flowing into me as my life runs out of my body in red streams.

You fool has no one told you to not get personal in a game?

“I love you” I whisper.

 

Or at least I hope that I still managed to tell you this before I’m gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hope you enjoyed it :D

uhg I didn't find anything quite fitting as a gif for this story... but damn Jjong looks so good and Key is just his perfect self in the backround... so yeah :D

 

x Leo