Chapter 19

Learning to Love 2

Yeon Ae’s POV

 

Min and I are in tears when the press conference ends. 

“He is amazing.” Min says and I nod. We both have tissues in our hands and continue to dab it on our faces. “You are so lucky!” 

We calm down as the next program starts and I turn the volume down on the TV again. Thankfully dinner is ready and just needs heating up. I turn to face Min. 

“Hey, did Jackson Oppa ask you about appearing in the show?” I ask her and her eyes go wide.

“He did. Do I really have to?” she asks me. She looks like she’s about to cry again.

“Why not, Min? It’ll be fun! You’ll get to spend more time with Mark.” I tease. Her face starts to go red and she playfully pushes my shoulder. 

“I heard he had his arms around you the whole night yesterday?” I say, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

“Yah! Stop it! That was your fault.” she says. I admit to her words, nodding. 

“True.” 

We sit around talking and laughing waiting for the guys to come home. I hear the elevator doors open and I quickly jump up. Min stands up as well but I quickly make my way to the door. I see Jackson and run up to him jumping on him as I wrap my arms around his neck. He catches me and naturally puts his arms around my waist.

“Hello to you too, baby.”  he laughs as the others make their way to the living room making sounds of disapproval. 

“You were great today, Oppa.” I say, burying my face into his neck. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too. But let’s not do this in front of the kids hmm?” I pull away and look at him. He nods his head in the direction of the living room and I turn my head to see all of them covering their eyes. I start laughing and then let Jackson go. He takes my hand and leads me into the living room, sitting down and pulling me into his lap. 

“Sorry, guys.” I say. They open their eyes and see the position we’re in now, making them scream. 

“Oh my god! That’s worse!” Jr says, quickly covering his eyes again. We all start laughing. I look at Min and somehow she’s sitting next to Mark. 

“Min-ssi. Are you free tomorrow?” JB asks. She nods. “Good, because you remember how we asked you to appear on our show? We’re filming it tomorrow.” 

“Tomorrow?” I ask as Min looks like a stunned mullet. “We just had the first filming not long ago.”

“Yeah but we’re going to Japan next week so the filming schedule had to be altered slightly.” Mark says. 

“You’re going to Japan?” I say, looking at Jackson. 

“Didn’t I tell you?” he says. “I’m sure I did.”

I raise my eyebrow at him. “No you didn’t.”

“Ohhh… hyung is in trouble.” Bam Bam sings. 

“Sorry, baby. Speaking of which, Min would you be able to sleep over here while we’re away?” I cross my arms, a little annoyed at how quickly he changed the subject. 

“Sure, just let me know when and I’ll be here.” she says with a big smile on her face. She looks at me and she notices my expression and the smile slowly disappears from her face. She puts her hand beside her face as if covering and loudly whispers to Jackson. “I don’t think you understand Yeon Ae’s expression right now, she’s mad.”

Jackson mirrors her movement, covering the side of his face from me. “I know! I’m just pretending not to notice.”

The guys chuckle amongst themselves and Min shakes her head. 

“That’s not the best idea. I suggest you guys sleep over if you want to see Jackson Oppa in one piece tomorrow.” she says, in her normal voice.

“No way. It can’t be that bad.” Mark says. 

“I’ve known Yeon Ae all my life. I know what she’s like.” We exchange glances and then I get up. Jackson looks up at me, wide-eyed.

“Are you really that mad?” he asks. 

“Min, can you help me set the table please?” I say, arms still crossed. I turn on my heel and Min follows me into the kitchen. 

“Did he really not tell you?” she asks me when we’re out of ear shot. 

“I had no idea.” she gasps. 

“We were just saying how amazing he is too.” I laugh. 

“Oh well. It must have slipped his mind. We have been through quite a bit lately.” she nods.

“He’s probably freaking out right now though.” she giggles. 

“Yeah! About that. Way to make me look like psycho!” we both start to laugh, trying to keep quiet so the guys don’t hear us. 

 

After dinner Jackson is still a bit cautious around me. I keep catching him steal glances at me. I have to hand it to Min, she scared him well. I don’t really have a temper, but I am a little upset that he didn’t tell me he was going to Japan. 

“Are you guys sleeping over tonight?” I ask as we’re sitting around the living room, talking. 

“No, we’ll go home today I think.” JB says. I see him glance at Jackson, who sends him a pleading look. 

“We should probably get going now then. We can drop off Min-ssi on the way. She’ll need to get some sleep too if she’s filming with us tomorrow.” Mark says. 

“It’s not that late yet. You don't have to leave now.” Jackson says but everyone is already standing up and getting ready to leave. 

I share a hug with Min. Who purposely says loud enough for the others to here. 

“Don’t be too hard on him. You have to live with him for life, not like last time.” I have to hold back my laughter as I pull away from her. 

“Last time…?” Jackson asks. 

“It’s better if you didn’t know.” she says. 

I share hugs with the others and I think they’re trying to make me feel better. 

“See you tomorrow, Omma.” Yu Gyeom says. I smile at him and turn to see Jackson reluctant to let go of Mark’s hand. Mark pulls away from him and they all leave.

Once they’re gone I turn to face Jackson. He stands, fiddling his thumbs together. 

“I’m going to go have a shower.” He says slowly, watching me. He slowly turns around and makes his way upstairs. Once he’s gone I can’t help but to giggle at myself at how cute he is. 

I clean up a little downstairs before heading upstairs myself. As I enter the room, Jackson comes out of the bathroom, topless. He freezes in the doorway and you’d think he saw a ghost. I laugh at him as I make my way to the closet to get my pyjamas out. 

“Will you relax, Oppa? I’m not that mad.” I say to him. He slowly makes his way into the closet. 

“Are you sure? Min said…” 

“She was joking. She was just trying to scare you.” I laugh at him. All of a sudden he comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me up. I squeal from surprise as he spins me around. “Put me down!” 

He slowly puts me down and softly puts his chin on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry I forgot to tell you.” He says. 

“It’s fine, Oppa. It probably just slipped your mind. Now go put a shirt on and go to bed. I’m going to wash up.”

“What’s wrong with having no shirt on? You don’t like what you see?” He spins me to face him and wiggles his eyebrows at me. I poke his nose. 

“I love what I see. Putting a shirt on is for your own safety. If you keep walking around topless I may not be able to wait till our honeymoon.” I wink as his eyes widen and I run away into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I don’t know what came over me just then but I didn’t want him to think he could tease me with that amazingly toned body of his. 

I wash up and get changed and take a deep breath before heading out of the bathroom. Jackson is sitting up in bed, leaning against the headboard with a shirt on (thank goodness!). 

I climb into bed beside him, sitting down the same way he was.

“You know, you still haven’t told me when and for how long you’re going to Japan for.” I say to him, breaking the silence. 

“Ah, right. We leave next week on Thursday I’m pretty sure. We’ll be back on Monday.” I nod. “We’re going for a concert and then I think we’ll be doing some magazine photo shoots and interviews.” 

“Okay. Sounds like fun.” 

“Are you going to be okay staying here with Min? Or do you want to go stay at Mum’s?” he asks, crossing his legs and turning to face me. I shake my head.

“I’ll be fine with Min.”

“Now, more importantly…” He pulls me so that I’m sitting facing him. I cross my legs to be more comfortable. “What are we going to do tomorrow?” 

“Oh yeah! How will that work by the way? What’s the storyline?” I ask him. 

“We can just make it as if we’re both introducing our best friends to each other.” he shrugs. 

“What about the others?” 

“They’ll be going on a man date together. Guys day out. Pretty sure they’re going to go boxing or something manly like that.” I laugh at the image of Bam Bam and Young Jae trying to box. 

“You know, our promotions will end in a couple of months.” I nod. “Where do you want to go?”

I hesitate for a second. “I don’t know. It’s up to you. I really don’t mind just staying home.” 

“No, baby. I’m taking you away from here. You deserve it.” He takes my hands in his. 

“Okay, okay. Surprise me then. I really don’t mind where we go.” he rolls his eyes. 

“Fine. I’ll decide then.” He lays down and stretches his arm out to my side, signalling for me to lay down beside him. “We still haven’t decided what we’re going to do on our date tomorrow.” 

I chuckle. “Let’s do what normal people do. Have coffee, go window shopping, go to karaoke.” 

“Sounds perfect. Oh and one more thing…” I feel his hand squeeze my waist. He leans down to kiss me and I place my hands on his chest kissing him back. He runs his hands along my waist and I gasp a little when I feel his hand on my skin under my shirt. He pulls away from me and we’re both panting from the intensity of the kiss. He looks at me with desire in his eyes and I feel my face start to heat up. “Don’t ever tease me like that again.” 

We smile at each other before snuggling together and falling asleep. 

 


 

Jackson’s POV

 

“Yeon Ae! Where are my shoes?” I yell from inside the closet. She comes to stand at the door way. 

“Which ones?” she asks. 

It’s the next morning and I’m getting ready to meet the guys at the station. Min will come over later and as part of our ‘date’ Mark and I will come and pick them up from here. 

“The ones you bought me for my birthday.” She smiles before walking towards her side of the closet. She pulls them out from underneath her shoe rack, still in the box.

“What are they doing over there?” I ask, taking them from her.

“I thought you didn’t want them.” she shrugs. I lean over to kiss her.

“Sorry, baby.” she pats my shoulder before leaving the room. I get my shoes on and head out. 

“I’ll see you later.” Yeon Ae says as I leave.

 

The plan is we’re going to film the opening and have a game that determines who goes on the double date with Yeon Ae and I, which is of course rigged. Then Mark and I will drive off and pick up the girls while the others go ahead and get the mini concert ready. We’ve talked to the PD and the games plus the date plus the mini concert should be enough for 3 or 4 episodes which puts us ahead of our filming schedule. Realistically we could have all episodes filmed weeks before the end of the air dates. I actually think that’s what the PD is aiming for. 

We’re in the meeting room talking about how to film for the day. 

“Jackson will be the host for the first part so that he can conduct the games and effectively ‘decide’ who will go on the double date with him. Then we will have a small crew follow the four of you around on the date and the remaining crew will follow the boys. The boys will be setting up at your home, is that right?” he asks, looking at me. I nod. “Great. Do you know where you will be going yet?” 

“Hyung do you have anywhere in particular you want to go? If not, Yeon Ae and I were just thinking of going to normal date places, a coffee shop, karaoke, shopping.” I say, looking at Mark. 

“Sounds good.” he says, nodding. 

“Okay, we will organise that then and get the necessary permissions.” the PD says. “What about you boys? Where will you be going to get supplies and whatever else you need for the event?” 

While they’re discussing I see Mark constantly looking at his phone. I poke him and he looks at me, aware that he’s been caught. He shows me his phone and I can see that he’s been messaging. 

“It’s Min. She keeps asking what the plan is. I think she’s freaking out.” he says, loud enough just for me to hear. “I keep telling her she needs to do nothing. All she has to do is make sure she doesn’t mention the surprise but she keeps thinking she has a bigger role in this whole thing.” 

He sighs in frustration and shakes his head.

“You secretly think it’s cute though don’t you.” He stares at me and I smirk at him. He slowly loses his resolve and I see the corner of his mouth twitching. He breaks into a smile and chuckles.

“Yeah, it’s freaking adorable.” I pat him on the back as we both laugh and then turn our attention back to the meeting. 

We finish discussions and head onto a similar set as the first filming. The staff are ready to start and so are we so an assistant comes and claps the slate and we begin. 

“Come and get it! GOT7!” 

We do our greeting and JB talks about the plan for the day. 

“We need something to distract her while we go set up everything up so today Jackson will be taking Yeon Ae-ssi and her friend out, but it would be awkward for him to go alone with two girls right?” The others all nod in agreement. “That’s why it’ll be a double date!”

The guys start cheering and doing the appropriate reactions. JB hands over to me and we play the games, knocking out member by member until Mark is the only one left. I must say, the guys are pretty good at acting. 

We finish up and wait as the staff get ready to move locations. We all wait in the car park for the staff to attach cameras into the cars. One car is for Mark and I to take the girls out. JB and Young Jae will be going to get decorations with one car, while the Jr will go with the maknaes to organise food in another. I also asked JB to stop by the jewellery store for me while they’re out. 

The staff are finally done and we all say our goodbyes to each other before getting into the our cars. 

“Hyung, do you want to drive?” I ask Mark. He shakes his head. 

“Nah, it’s your day today. You and Yeon Ae should be at the front with the nice cameras.” he says, smiling. We both get in the car and I drive towards home. On the way there I ask Mark to dial Yeon Ae’s number and put her on speaker. 

“Hello?”

“Yeon Ae-yah, are you ready to go?” 

“Yeah we’ve been ready for a while actually. Are you on the way now?”

“Yep. We’ll be there in about 15 so don’t come downstairs for another 12. Got it?” I can hear her laughing. 

“Okay, Oppa. See you soon.”

Mark hangs up the phone for me and then turns to look at me. 

“Don’t come downstairs for another 12? Really, Jackson?” I shrug.

“What? I don’t want her standing outside all day, it’s not safe.” 

We make small talk about the day when we arrive at our apartment building. Sure enough Yeon Ae and Min are waiting outside. I pull up in front of them and Mark hops out, letting Yeon Ae sit in the front. She tries to let him sit there instead but he insists so she climbs into the car while Mark opens the door for Min. Such a gentleman. When Yeon Ae sits down I lean over and place a kiss on her cheek. 

“You look beautiful.” I tell her and she blushes. She glances at the cameras and I realise how uncomfortable she must be with these cameras right in her face. Mark finally gets in and we wait a little for the PD to tell us where we’re allowed to go. 

Mark receives the message and he leans forward to put the address in the GPS system and we take off. First stop, coffee shop. 

 

A/N: Yeahhh... Date time!

Mark and Min moments galore. Though, because I'm writing it from Yeon Ae and Jackson's POV its a bit hard to capture their moments. Hrmm.. I try though.. I try...

Thanks so much for your comments. They keep me writing. In a couple of weeks I won't be able to update for a while so I will try to update as much as I can until then. 

Love you all! 

xo