Chapter 3

Match My Heart With Yours

Baekhyun had been walking around the campus near his house for nearly an hour. He’s been handing out his cards to guys and girls alike. Most of them was happy to accept his calling card and was excited to meet new people but none of them suited Chanyeol. He walked back home and opened his facebook account. There must be some handsome guy he’s friends with who’s single and not weird. He saw some of his classmates back in college and high school too. Scrolled through their names and relationship status. Most were single but most were also weird. Baekhyun doubted the circles he’s been with, was he really friends with all these weirdos? Kyungsoo would probably say yes. Except him, of course. He was the most sane friend he has. That’s probably debatable but Kyungsoo’s his best friend, he’ll agree with him no matter what.

“Jisook, Jiwon, Ji woon, Kibum, Kibeum, ugh not one not one!” Baekhyun was getting frustrated scrolling around his thousand friends. “What the hell am I doing making friends with these people? Who is that? I don’t know you why are you friends with me on facebook!” Baekhyun slammed the mouse down and it scrolled to a face he knew and suddenly as if a lightbulb has lit.

“Shim Changmin. Who knew you would look so hot after all these years? Well, let’s see. An architect, wow great. Works at Kim-Chan firm. That is even greater. Ok, let’s call you up!” Baekhyun feels excited all of a sudden.

 

He’s called Changmin from the number he gave when they chatted on facebook and called Chanyeol to arrange his first “date”.

“You’re going to like him.”

“Yeah? Why’s that?” He heard Chanyeol snort through the phone. He looked at the receiver and rolled his eyes.

“Such an optimist, you. You should be given an award. Anyway, whatever, I’m not telling you anything. Just meet us tomorrow at Kyungsoo’s. You know where Kyungsoo’s is right?”

Chanyeol nodded, of course he does.

“You just nodded didn’t you?” Baekhyun facepalmed when Chanyeol said yes. “Alright, see yah.”

 

“So, hi!” Changmin reached out to shake Chanyeol’s hands. “Baekhyun here has said lots of good things about you.”

 “Oh really.” Chanyeol side-eyed Baekhyun before going back to talking to Changmin. He was a nice guy, simple guy who lived simply. But Chanyeol felt no…spark. But then again who needs sparks.

Changmin and Chanyeol had been talking about some childhood stories when Chanyeol excused himself to take a call.

“You were right! He’s so nice and handsome. And loaded too.” There was a gleam in Changmin’s eyes that Baekhyun doesn’t like. Maybe Changmin wasn’t a good idea afterall.

“Hey, where’s Changmin?” Chanyeol asked after hanging up and going back to the table and finding Changmin gone.

“He, uhm, had to do something.” Liar liar pants on fire.

“Oh, I see.” Chanyeol looked disappointed and Baekhyun felt bad about it.

“Did you…like him?”

“Yeah I mean we could talk about the work on the houses we make and…”

“He’s not an officemate Chanyeol.”

“Yeah but at least he’ll understand what I say most of the time.” Yeah and you don’t Baekhyun, you don’t.

“So you want me to call him up for another date?” Baekhyun hoped not because he might not like Chanyeol but golddiggers are just not sitting well with his conscience.

“Well, not really. I guess we’ll just see your next candidate. Let me think about it.” Chanyeol smiled at him and signalled for the waiter to take their orders.

“You’re eating?”

“You’re not?” Chanyeol looked up from his menu.

“Your date ended.” Baekhyun looked at the other weirdly like he should know that means his job is don’t for the day but he just answered.

“So?” Yeah Baekhyun so?

But this feels too much like a date. Baekhyun shrugged off the thought. Date? He needs to wake up because he’s getting weird.

“Yeah I mean I’m starving.” He turned to the waiter and smiled. “Can you tell Kyungsoo Baekhyun’s having his favorite.” 

“I forgot you know Kyungsoo. How did you know Kyungsoo?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know. But since you’re paying for my food. I’ll tell you.” Baekhyun smiled innocently. Which creeped Chanyeol out.

“Can you not smile like that? It creeps poeple out.”

“Wow how could you. With your face, I’m sure you just creep people out without even smiling or doing anything.”

“Sass-mouth.”

“Yep and proud of it.” He smirked.

“Sir,” the waiter disrupted their banter and he looked nervous as hell as if he was given the secret to the world and he lost it. “Sir, Mr. Do says ‘ you I’m not cooking you anything’.”

Baekhyun laughed so loudly everybody was looking at them. He stood up and patted the waiter at the back saying it’s ok, you must be new then striding into the kitchen. Chanyeol thought to follow Baekhyun and stop the short guy but then weren’t they friends? He heard Baekhyun’s laugh again, how the hell he was sure it was Baekhyun he doesn’t know but he looked back and yup there they were hugging each other and were just all over each other and he felt a weird sensation in his stomach. Must be cause he’s hungry. They have great food here anyway.  Junmyeon is one lucky guy having Kyungsoo cook for him everyday. Well, he’ll be lucky too once he meets his future husband. He’ll cook for him and look really good in an apron. He smiled at the thought. His brown hair pushed back and his eyes smiling at him when he presents the food and…why is the picture in his head slowly looking like Baekhyun? Nope. Nope. Nope. He shrugs away the thought and goes to ask the waiter to follow up on his food. Hunger, it’s all because of hunger.

 

“Kyungsoo! What the hell! I want kimchi spaghetti now! Now!” Baekhyun barged in the kitchen and shouted but he was smiling. Kyungsoo and he likes to tease each other and rile each other up. Although being best friends for nearly ten years, it was not hard to know which nerve to poke to irritate the other. But it was also not hard to see the love beneath their teasing.

“Your majesty, I don’t cook kimchi spaghetti here. I cook American cuisine. Don’t you ever read the menu?”

“Well I saw spaghetti and that’s that. Come on please?”

“Why are you here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be working or something?” Kyungsoo didn’t look up from chopping the chicken he was going to cook.

“Can’t you stop that and look at me while we talk? Anyway, I’m working, Chanyeol’s out there. He just had a date.”

“Oh, who?” Kyungsoo finally looked up only to see where Chanyeol was sitting. Where he was alone.

“He’s alone. I don’t see any other guy. Are you his date then? Is that how it goes now?” Kyungsoo smiled at him while pointing the knife to his face.

“Kyungsoo, put that down. It’s a dangerous weapon you know. Statistics says…”

“Why are you not answering my question? You like him don’t you?” Kyungsoo squealed startling his other cooks and hugged Baekhyun.

“Shut up Soo. I don’t. His date went off so we’re having our dinner. Our as in the two of us…not us…I mean me and him…wait I don’t need to explain to you!” Baekhyun was red, he knew that. He can feel his warm cheeks and his ears too. Dang it. “Whatever Soo, I want my kimchi spaghetti now.” He demanded before walking out of the kitchen into their table. 

 


Ending it at that cause it's 4am...if it I'm sorry but I want to update because it's a special day!!! YAY!!!

Add to that it's 614...chanbaek *wink wink* hahaha ok ignore me...

oh yah and I want to thank to the 48 who subscribed! love you!

you can talk to me on twitter I don't bite...

I do, sometimes hahaha