Back to Black

Shadow

We both wake up to Soojung's alarm ringing.

I have never slept so well before and if I could I would sleep here with her forever.

But of course we have to go to school.

"Good morning, Soojungie." I greet her happily.

"Mornin'." She greets back with her eyes still closed and a really seductive husky voice.

I giggle at her cuteness and throw a pillow at her.

"Get up, sleepy-head."

 

After getting ready we're finally walking to school together with interwined hands while jumping around merrily here and there which earned us a lot of weird looks.

They're going to judge us anyways so we might as well just do what we want to do.

While I'm ignoring the people around us with a content smile on my face, a quick glance at Soojung tells me that she's feeling uncomfortable.

I quickly let go of her hand.

"We don't have to do this if you're feeling uncomfortable you know." I tell her reassuringly.

She tilts her head and looks at me with an unfathomable look on her face.

"I think it'd be best if we just acted like strangers in public."

I stare at her in shock but quickly compose myself and try to keep a pokerface.

If it is to make her happy I can do anything for her.

"Sure.

Let's do that." I say trying to sound calm.

She shoots me a last polite smile and walks ahead of me.

Just as she is 1m away from me the darkness comes rushing back into me.

Cold.

I'm cold.

Without her.

After finally getting a small ray of sunlight on my skin a cloud covers the sun again.

That's how it feels like.

Because only after getting a taste of the light you actually know how pathetic it is to live in the darkness.

What do I do now?

I feel lost without my owner.

It's clear that she doesn't want me around for the time being but what does a shadow without an owner do?

I decide to go back home.

I open the door to my house only to be greeted by silence.

Seems like my mom's still working.

I sigh and go upstairs to my room.

I open the drawer next to my bed and take an object out, then I lie down while holding it in my hand.

This used to be my favourite activity before I met Soojung.

Cutting.

"Soojung + Nina = <3"

The blood trickles down slowly and I look at it dropping onto the bed sheet.

I admire the cheesy work on my wrist for a while before finally passing out on the bed.

A few hours must've passed when I woke up to the sound of the door bell.

Who could this be?

My mom never rings the door bell.

Curious I walk downstairs and open the door only to be greeted by the beautiful face of the woman I love the most in the whole wide world.

I shoot her my brightest smile but it's answered with a frown.

"Umm. Hey Soojungie, how did you-"

She cuts me off.

"Let's break up."