Chapter 1

Wedding Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*At school*

Your P.O.V

*Huff*, my best friend Eunjung sat at her desk heaving a heavy sigh as she closed her eyes and leaned back into her chair. "Only one more period and then we're free." she sounded as if she had done the most horrible and difficult work ever for hours, though it just had been a few periods with long enough break in between them.I chuckled and sat beside her poking her cheek.

"Eunjung it wouldn't be that bad if you would want to learn something." I tried again with a smile on my face while I took my books out of the bag and placed it on my desk. She looked at me in utter disbelief. That was a look I knew just way too well.

"Why would I want to learn anything as pointless as what this? I want to become a singer or an actress. As a singer you don't need something like history or math, do you?" She said packing out her things as well.

"You need math in your whole life." 

"Oh my god, Hwayoung! You sound like my mother! By the way how is your mother?" A smile appeared on my lips as I thought about my mom though I usually would have rolled my eyes and chuckled amused at how my friend acted and always changed the topic whenever I tried to explain her that school isn't that bad after all. But at that moment it wasn't a secret to anyone that me and Eunjung lived in two completely different worlds. While I wanted cared more about studying as hard as possible and getting a well-paid job, she wanted to just show her talent. "She went to the doctor two days ago. And the doctor said she'll be alright soon." I said happily. "Whoa! Really? That are good news. I'm really happy for you two." She said hugging me tight just before the bell rang and the lesson started. After school we went home. Since we lived not far away from each other we walked together every day. I might not be rich or beautiful, but I have a great mom and a great best friend who love me and I'm happy about that.

*At home*

"I'm home!" I called out to let my mother know I was home. But I didn't get an answer, what was really weird, cause my mom always was home by the time I came back from school, so I decided to look for her. Maybe she's in the kitchen... I thought still wondering why it was so quiet and worry started to rise.

I went to the kitchen but froze on my spot when I saw pieces of glass and some ingredients lying on the floor. Seeing lots of little red stains I came closer to where the mess was and knelt down to have a better look at it. My eyes widened when I realized that were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter