My Love Story

My Love Story

The first day I met Kibum...

It was morning and I was walking to school.
Walking in the morning has always been my favorite part of the day because I loved taking that precious time to think about many things. Not only that, but also because it was always very nice outside. Sun, rain, snow. I love them all. And at that time it was the snow that dominated the landscape. Pretty snowflakes falling from the sky was what I liked.
Everything was normal at that time, there was nothing special in my life. I could even say it was pretty boring.
That's until the day I found this lovely little jewel in the snow. I took it to examine it and yes indeed, it was a beautiful jewel. A bracelet to be precise. A silver bracelet made with small pink diamonds.
First, I was sure that this object belonged to a girl but in the end, I was obviously wrong. So I lifted my head and I raced to the first person who walked in front of me. I put my hand on their shoulder and bend down to take some time to catch my breath.
When I got up I saw the most beautiful person I've had ever seen. He had a face of an angel. Black hair with red bits, feline eyes and cheeks covered in red (caused by temperature). I was completely moved by the beauty that was before me that I completely forgot all my vocabulary.

"Yes?" his angelic voice asked.

"Uh ... I think you l-lost this ..." I showed him the bracelet that was in my trembling hand.

"O-oh!" His face was filled with surprise. He subsequently took the jewelry and wrapped his arms around me. Obviously I was really surprised. Me who is not accustomed to skin ship, I was really surprised. Then he released me and asked me for my name.
For a moment, I was not sure if I could keep myself from just kissing him right there. I was literally mesmerized by his lips that nothing came out of my mouth again.

"Hmm? What's your name?" he asked me again.

I snapped out of it and looked at him with a faint smile. I didn't really know how to react in front of this angel. I felt incredibly nervous.

"M-My name is Kim Jonghyun, and w-what's yours?" I said in shudder.

"I'm Kim Kibum, nice to meet you." He just smiled at me, his eyes forming little half moons.

He turned around and started walking. I just looked at his back, dumbfounded until he turned around to look at me.

"Well, are you coming Kim Jonghyun?" that perfect smile was still on his face. I blushed and started jogging to his side.

Who would of thought that that day would be so important to me? It was practically the beginning of my life. The day I met Kibum, I was finally complete.
Β 
We would walk every morning together to go to school (luckily we went to the same high school). He showed me where he lived and I would wake up early everyday just to wait for him so we could walk together. Soon my mornings became something I would look forward to. I woke up every morning with a huge smile on my face thinking about walking with Kibum.

When we were seeing each other at school, we would just wave and smile at each other but things interestingly changed fast. One day, he asked me if I wanted to join him for lunch. I was more than happy to accept it. That same day I met Taemin, Kibum's best friend. I was trying hard to hide the feeling of jealousy I had when I was seeing Kibum hugging Taemin and calling him his 'baby' but then shrugged it off, thinking I was stupid and selfish to just want to have Kibum to myself.

Then, after a couple of weeks, that incident happened. I was walking out of my science class to go to the washroom and when I arrived there, I heard someone crying. I looked between the bathroom cabin crack to see someone with red in his hair and I quickly knew it was Kibum. Worry filled my heart as I started panicking. Why would Kibum would be crying?

"Kibum? Is that you? Open the door." I was knocking at the door. I heard sniffs and finally he opened the door. His eyes were all red and I could clearly see the tears strained on his cheeks.

"Why were you crying?"

"No, I wasn't crying, I'm fine, gotta go to class now." He forced a smile and started walking towards the door until I gripped his wrist.

"Kibum, I'm your friend and you can talk to me about anything. I want to help you with your problems" I told him.

Soon, his eyes began to be watery and tears were falling down. I pulled him into a hug and he just accepted it, burrying his face into my chest and sobbing. After calming down a bit, he looked up at me.

"Everyone keeps on saying bad things about me. They say that I'm a girl and other stupid stuff. It's been like this since forever."

I moved the hair that was covering his eyes and caressed his cheek.

"They're just jealous because you're amazingly beautiful." And it was true. Even with his eyes completely red, he still looked like the most beautiful person I've seen.

That day, I saw Kibum blushing for the first time and I knew things were going to change again.

Not too long ago, maybe a month after, on a Saturday morning, Kibum had texted me and asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him. The thought of it just made me smile and I called him to confirm that I wanted to. So we met at his place and walked around town from there. We were walking through the huge city, looking at every little shops Kibum found interesting. He tried some clothes on, asked me if I liked it and I would nod at everything he would try.

"Yah! Are you nodding at everything because you're not interested in this?" He asked.

"No, of course not. It's not my fault that everything you wear is pretty." I said while pouting and he just laughed at my face.

We continued walking around places and stopped at a coffee shop. We were basically enjoying the beautiful day.
We had also stopped to this little store that sold cute stuff and I saw this beautiful silver necklace. In the middle, it had a pink heart. It was really pretty and it reminded me of the first time me and Kibum met.

The next day, I returned to that same shop and bought the necklace. I really wanted to give it to him, but I had to wait for the perfect moment.

So every day, our relationship grew and we became inseparable.

As days passed by, my feelings were very clear to me. I had fallen in love. It was love at first sight. Of course I would of never thought that someone like me would fall in love with a man but I gave it a long thought and in the end, I concluded that it didn't matter. I didn't care if Kibum was a man. I was in love with him for who he was. Gender didn't matter to me. He was the most beautiful human being in my eyes. I know I keep on saying this but it's true. I will continue saying it.
He is beautiful.

Time passed again, we were still inseparable. Even tho I didn't know his feelings, I knew I had to confess to him.

September came quickly. We were on the roof of the school, just enjoying the fresh air. That day was the day I had planned to confess to my best friend.
He was sitting beside me and I felt him shiver at the cold breeze of wind that had passed. I took my jacket off and had put it on his shoulders. He looked at me with a smile and thanked me.

"I have a surprise for you, close your eyes." I told him

My heartbeat was incredibly fast as I took the necklace out of my pocket. I took in a deep breath and attached it around his neck.

"Y-You can look now." I said with my voice shaking.

He took the heart in his fingers and looked at it. His gaze then fell on me as I could see his confused eyes that were waiting for me to talk.

"I saw it the other day and I thought you would love it. I-It's also something to show my feelings towards you." The last sentence almost came out as a whisper.

His expression didn't change, confusing still there.

"Feelings?" he asked me. I gulped and nodded.

"I've known you for almost a year now and I noticed that I've...I've had feelings towards you. I think - no, I'm in love with you." As I said those words, his face fell. I had a pretty bad feeling about this.

"Oh...Jonghyun..." he slowly said.

Was this a rejection? Was this really over? Did I ruin this whole relationship in only 5 minutes by saying I was in love with him?
My eyes were starting to get watery and my chest had this inberible pain that I can't explain. It was like someone was stepping on my heart.

"I-It's ok. I understand i-if you don't f-feel the same way." I got up and started walking to the exit, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Wait, Jonghyun!"

I didn't want to hear his rejection. I started running down the stairs, through the school, to my home. I didn't care about classes, I only felt like going home and locking myself in my room covering myself with blankets and crying.
And that's what I did. That's what I did for about 3 days straight. My mom tried talking to me but I didn't want to tell her anything.
I was completely out of it. Just crying non stop and thinking about times I spent with him. Rather it was shopping or when we went to the beach, I was remembering everything. For the first time, I actually felt like my life was a piece of crap.
Yeah, my life is ty without Kibum.

After 3 days, someone knocked at my door, I knew it was probably my mom again.

"Come in!" I screamed from under the covers. The person opened the door, closed it and walked to the bed to sit at the end of it.

"What do you want? I'm not hungry."

"I have to say something important."

My eyes shot open as I heard that precious voice of the one and only Kim Kibum. I felt shock taking control of my body. How the hell could I face him now after what happened?
I slowly took the blanket off my head and looked at him with shock written on my face.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Why haven't you come to school?" He ignored my question.

"I'm not feeling well." I closed my eyes.

When I opened them again, I was surprised to see that Kibum was only inches away from my face!

"Liar. You just didn't want to see me, right?" a tear fell from his eye. And soon enough, he was burying his face on my stomach and he was hitting my chest, crying his heart out.

"Pabo! Pabo! Pa...bo!..." he sobbed.

"You're such a pabo Jonghyun. You didn't even let me the time to tell you how I felt in all this, pabo!"

I was sure I would have a bruise on my chest by now but I didn't care. I sat on my bed and lifted up his chin to place a soft and gentle kiss on his lips. My perfect first kiss with my perfect little Kibum. There's no words to describe how happy I was. He sat on my lap, deepening the kiss while his hands were wandering everywhere on my bare chest. My first kiss wasn't the only thing I lost that night.

After all that, we had our lovely moments and also our bad ones. Love isn't always perfect but somehow we always found a way to make things better. We try new things, new activities so that way we always find something interesting to do together. Living in a small house and waking up every morning to Kibum's lovely face is what I love the most. I wouldn't want it any other way. I dedicated my life to this beautiful man because after all, we are and always be the perfect combination.

"Jjong, what are you thinking about?" Kibum broke the silence.

"It's nothing, go back to sleep sweety" I kissed his forehead.

And this is my love story.