The One that Hurt

Without You

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

The decision that Aegi had made was haunting me. Aboji had made it harder with the decision that we would hold our wedding within three months. It made me unable to sleep. I was thinking about many things. I knew that I had to tell my friends.

 

Gikwang, Hyunseung, Dongwoon and Yoseob wouldn't be a problem for me.

 

But Junhyung...

 

I released a sigh again. I still couldn't find the way for telling the news to him.

 

I had known Junhyung for basically my entire life. I grew up with him. I went to school with him. I played with him. I hung around with him. Even our parents knew each others well enough before Junhyung's parents decided to move to other town and made Junhyung decided to live alone since his college was nearer. We had throught many things together. I cared for Junhyung like a brother that I never had. So I really confused on how to tell him about Aegi's decision and our marriage.

 

I stood up from my bed, giving up the attempt to sleep. I walked out from my bed and came to my kitchen. I needed something to drink. So I took the cola that I had on the refrigerator.

 

But when I opened up my fridge’s door, I heard the door bell rang. I took out a bottle of cola and walked to the door. I saw Hyunseung was standing outside of my door.

 

Why did he stand on the front of my door although it was late already?

 

I opened the door. “What’s up, Hyunseung? It’s late already.”

 

“I need to talk with you.” He said with serious look then pulled the door wider so he could walk in.

 

I released the door and walked back. Hyunseung came in and closed the door then walked further inside. He stopped on the middle of my living room and turned to me.

 

“I just heard from my parents. You and Aegi will get married soon?” He seemed to confuse as he frowned. “What happen, Doojoon?”

 

I heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

= Jang Hyunseung =

 

I quickly went out from my house and drove away right after I heard from my parents that Doojoon and Aegi would be married. My parents got the news from Doojoon’s parents earlier. I didn’t care that it was late already. I just needed to talk with Doojoon about it.

 

I knew that something had happened between Doojoon, Aegi and Junhyung lately. But somehow they didn’t tell anything to us. I knew that it supposed to be their problem. But I couldn’t risk putting our friendship on the edge right now. They were my best friends and the people that I didn’t want to lose. It would break my heart to see they were drifting apart from each others.

 

I arrived at Doojoon’s apartment and parked my car. I went out and came up to his apartment. I rang his door bell and the door was opened not too long after.

 

“What’s up, Hyunseung? It’s late already.” Doojoon said as soon as he saw me on the front of the door. He was using sleeveless shirt and long pants. I guessed he wanted to sleep earlier.

 

“I need to talk with you.” I told him and opened the door wider.

 

Doojoon walked back to give me the way. I stepped in and walked toward his living room. I stopped and turned to see him.

 

“I just heard from my parents. You and Aegi will get married soon?”

 

A acknowledge look came onto his face. Surely that he also knew that our parents were close. So my parents would eventually know about the news through his parents.

 

“What happen, Doojoon?”

 

I saw Doojoon heaved a sigh.

 

So, yeah. Something was definitely happened between them all.

 

Doojoon walked to the sofa and sat there. “So you’ve heard.”

 

I walked to him. “Of course, I’ve heard. That was the first thing that I heard as soon as I stepped in to my house.” I sat on the couch. “Surely the other will know soon enough.” I looked back at Doojoon. “I know both of you and Aegi never date before. Aegi loved Gikwang before. But now this?”

 

Doojoon leaned back. “I can explain.”

 

“Then explain now. I got the whole day time if you needed to.”

 

Then Doojoon told me everything, about the arranged marriage that his parents set up for him, about how he asked Aegi to be his fake girlfriend and about his father’s wish for having them to marry soon. But to my surprise, Doojoon also told me about Junhyung and Aegi, about what he had seen on the amusement park and also the possibility of Junhyung and Aegi dated.

 

“What does that made you think Aegi and Junhyung are dating?” I asked him after he finished.

 

“It’s just my feeling. I mean…” He paused. “Junhyung seems to be in love with her and Aegi seems enjoying the time with him.”

 

“But have you tried to ask her?” I asked.

 

“I’ve tried to convince her not to take the offer of marrying me. But she seems to have her decision.” Doojoon sighed in frustration. “Argh! Why is she so stubborn like this?”

 

But I didn’t have the answer for that question either. I only could do one thing.

 

“I’ll try to talk to Aegi.”

 

 

 

= Lee Gikwang =

 

I just woke up when Omma told me the news. I swore that I quickly regained my self from my drowsiness when Omma suddenly bragged in to my room and woke me up. It was so unusual for her to wake me up on the early morning since she knew that I was so tired with my job as the dance instructor/choreographer. I was practicing my self for the whole day yesterday. So I didn’t intend to wake up so early today.

 

“What?” I blinked and just looked at Omma who sat on my bed.

 

“Doojoon’s Omma just called me earlier. And she said that Doojoon will get married soon with Aegi.”

 

My eyes went wider.

 

With noona?

 

Are you kidding me?

 

Omma just chuckled, feeling happy with the news. “I have never known that Aegi and Doojoon were dating.”

 

“I don’t know about that too.” I told my mom. “It’s also new for me.” I scratched the back of my head then went off from my bed. “When will they hold their wedding again?” I asked as I put on my cardigan.

 

“Doojoon’s appa plans the wedding for three months again. I guess he’s the one who takes care of everything.”

 

I just nodded. So this was all Yoon Ahjussi’s plan. But I didn’t understand why Noona had agreed on the first place.

 

“Ah, I should ask Doojoon’s Omma if there’s anything I can help.” Omma said then walked out from my room.

 

I just looked at her.

 

But surely, I needed to speak with Noona.

 

 

 

= Yong Junhyung =

 

I froze.

 

And my heart sank as I looked at the message on my phone screen. I read it twice and thrice, wishing the words would be changed. But the words were still the same.

 

I couldn’t believe it.

 

Dongwoon just sent me a message about our friends’ marriage. But those names were too familiar for me. Because they were none other than my own two best friends, Yoon Doojoon and Shin Aegi.

 

How could this be happening?

 

I knew that Doojoon just had her as his fake girlfriend. My feeling said that it was Yoon Ahjussi’s plan. But Aegi could refuse the proposal.

 

But why did she agree?

 

It was breaking my heart and making me confused.

 

I stood up from the swivel chair that I was sat at.

 

I wanted an explanation from Aegi. I demanded explanation from her. I thought she loved me and agreed to be my girlfriend.

 

But now, this…

 

I need to speak with Aegi right now.

 

 

 

= Yang Yoseob =

 

It was night already. I just arrived at the front of Aegi noona’s workplace as I saw Gikwang came from the opposite direction. He looked up and saw me coming too. He came approaching me and stopped in the front of me.

 

“You’ve heard?” He asked.

 

Somehow I knew that he was talking about Doojoon hyung and Noona’s marriage news. So I nodded.

 

“Seriously I don’t know that noona dated Doojoon hyung.” He told me.

 

I pursed my lips, thinking whether I supposed to tell him or not about the fake girlfriend and arranged marriage thing. But I guessed it was better for Noona or Doojoon hyung would be the one who told him.

 

But I could see that Gikwang felt a little betrayed by Noona and Doojoon hyung because they had never told him about their relation. I couldn’t blame him too since he had known noona and Doojoon hyung for his whole life. And somehow I felt pity on him.

 

“Well, actually they don’t.” I told him.

 

Gikwang raised his gaze on me and looked at me with wide eyes and confusion. He blinked. “What?”

 

I just gave him a smirk.

 

“Ya.” He moved closer. “Do you know something?” He grabbed the collar of my jacket and pulled me closer to him. “Tell me.”

 

I grabbed his wrist and lowered it. “Aren’t you supposed to ask Aegi noona or Doojoon hyung about it?”

 

Gikwang released a desperate sigh. “They won’t tell me.”

 

I just exhaled to see him. I took a quick look to the café. It seemed that Aegi noona have yet noticed that both of us were outside the café. So I dragged Gikwang to the side.

 

“It’s a long story actually. But to make it short…” I looked at Gikwang. “… Doojoon hyung got caught on his own lies.”

 

Gikwang’s eyes went wider again. “What?”

 

“He asked Aegi noona to be his fake girlfriend just to get him out from the arranged marriage that Yoon Ahjusshi arranged for him. But then, suddenly, Ahjussi wants them to get married soon.”

 

“But noona can refuse, right?” Gikwang said.

 

I nodded. “That’s why I wondered what made her agreed.” But it was also because Doojoon hyung told me that Aegi noona loved Junhyung hyung. So, I didn’t know why she had agreed with the marriage.

 

But then, to my horror, I caught a glimpse of Junhyung hyung’s figure came toward the café door. From his expression, I could see that he was angry and disappointed with something.

 

“Oh gosh.” I said in worried before I ran toward the café.

 

Oh, please don’t let Junhyung lose his self control and mess up.

 

---

Another new update~

And so sorry for long break~ Kinda lazy and stuck with the ideas~ ^^

I would love to hear your comments for this chapter... but before you do that... *RUNS TO SAVE MY LIFE* XDDDD

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^