My Knight .

My Apathetic Yet Charismatic Knight .

Kwon Aeri's POV

Urgh! That sleepy head guy is getting on my nerves! It's okay if he sleep but he keeps disturbing me like throwing paper balls at me while he pretended to sleep. And when I get back at him, I was the one who gets scolded. I had detention after class thanks to that jerk. 

Now I'm walking back home in the evening. The sky was dark and it was creepy. No one was walking and the road look dead. The lamp post wasn't working properly. 

Curse it. 

I admit I am scared of the dark. And I was wishing that my knight in shining armor would come now. I'm getting really freak out.  Out of nowhere, a group of thugs, they look like one to me, was standing in front of me. They look scary even in the dark. 

'Oh my, we have a pretty girl here. What are you doing here? Are you alone?Why not you come with us?' The guy said, obviously drunk. 

Erm, how about you back off so I can go back home? Why the heck would I want to go with you? I'd be crazy. 

'No thanks. I must get back home.' I said, emphasizing on the word 'must'.

'Aww. Don't be like that. We promise that you'll have lots of fun.' The guy with a bottle of beer said. 

Do you not understand what I had said just now? 

'Thanks but no thanks. If you'll excuse me...' I tried walking past them but they pushed me back.  'Excuse me?' I said.  The thugs grabbed me by the waist. Another grabbed my wrist.  I was feeling helpless. No one could probably hear me shout. I'm going to die. 

I love you mum and dad. 

Just when I was about to lose hope, someone kicked one of the thugs that made them let go of me and turned their attention to my saviour.  If I could, I would run away but I couldn't. My feet was stuck to the ground. I couldn't help but admire that mysterious guy. He fought those guys so easily.  In a matter of seconds, the thugs were down.

The guy picked up his bag and toss it over his shoulder.  I could see his facial features. And it looked like someone I know. As I looked at him a little longer, I finally realized who my saviour was. 

'SUNGGYU?!' I shouted, pointing my finger at him.

'Oh, pigtails girl. Hi. And bye.' He walked away leaving me totally shocked.  Never did I imagined that the lazy guy who is sitting beside me would be the one who saved my life.

The Sunggyu who saved me was charismatic, I couldn't keep my eyes off him for a second. He captivated my heart.  And I knew that I was falling for him. 

Sunggyu's POV

Ever since I saved that familiar girl, what was her name again?, I can't help but feel like there's somebody keeping a close eye on me. There'll be that cold wind. 

Ohmygod. Is that girl, human? 

If I'm not wrong, Aeri probably saw the me who can fight yet and she could tell everyone. But she didn't.  Why? And because I saved her that night, I can't anymore. If not, I'll be throwing paper balls at her in History class. 

Man, this is boring. It was funny seeing her irritated face. The way she puff her cheeks was so cute that I wanted to pinch her...

WAIT. WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! CUTE? NO NO NO. SCRATCH THAT.

Aeri's POV

'He's a gangster from Infinite. I heard that they are heartless. What's more, he's the leader!' 

'They don't go to this school. I heard that they go to Woollim Academy, some of them that is. '

'A few of them dropped out! Only Sunggyu goes to this school. And he retained.'

'The school didn't allow him to graduate. They have some special relations. It's scary being in the same school as the leader of Infinite.'

I was shocked but I remained my calm face and continued writing down in my pink notebook. 

'Wait. Why are you asking?' The girl who I questioned asked. 

Uh-oh.

'Ermm... I just wanted to know?' I broke into a forced laugh. I bade goodbye and quickly walk away.

The truth is, I wanted to know more about him. I didn't know his real background because I wasn't interested. But ever since he saved me, I became interested. And I fell for him.  But, after knowing more about him, I wish I didn't find out about him instead.  Why is he a gangster?! The thought of him going around fighting people makes me scared. 

Judging from what he did to me that night, I don't believe he's a heartless gangster. If he is, why did he save me in the first place? Maybe he isn't that bad after all...

I was thinking deeply and I accidentally bumped into someone that caused me to fall back. Any moment now, I would fall on my .  But I didn't feel any pain. I felt an arm wrapped around my waist. I slowly opened my eyes and I faced Sunggyu. His face was so near to me. I gulped.  Even his face looks perfect. No, he's perfect in every way. Just like a knight. 

I could feel my face flushed. His face was especially near to me. How could I not blush in my situation?! But this moment was short-lived. He  walked away before I could thanked him. 

Sunggyu's POV

Whoa. That was close. For a second, I wanted to kiss those small, cute lips. Her face was close to me. Her big, wide eyes were looking through me. I could hear my heart beating like a drum. What is this I'm feeling? I had never felt this way before.

Argh! Forget it! My brain hurts when I think too much. And it's a waste of brain cells too.

Aeri's POV

Everytime I look at Sunggyu, my legs would turn to jelly. And the wall became my best friend.  Everytime I try to look normal in front of him, I would end up doing silly, stupid, idiotic things. I would trip on nothing and he would always be there to save me. 

It's the headline of the school monthly newspaper.  Nah, I'm joking.

But it always happen everytime.  God, please tell me how to stop my heart from beating so fast and so loud. 

Once again, I was in a deep thought walking home. It wasn't that late so I thought that there would be nothing to come and disturb me.  But I was so wrong.  I accidentally bumped into someone. As I looked up to say sorry, I turned to face a scary looking person.  His sharp eyed were piercing into mine. A cold wind went up my spine. I didn't dare to breathe. I was too scared.  Every step he took to get near to me, I backed away. I was too scared to scream. I didn't have the strength to scream. 

Sunggyu, please save me. Please...

I wanted to take a step back but my back was against the wall. I couldn't step back. I was at a dead end.  The guy caressed my nose, cheek and finally lips. He smirked.  'Lady, you sure have a beautiful face. It'll be ugly if I scratch this face. So, I'll do something else to you instead.' He whispered into my ears. 

That guy kissed my cheek and slowly made his way to my lips. I turned my head away. He forcefully cupped my chin. 

'AHHHHHH!' I screamed as loud as possible.

'Shut up, woman' He hissed. 

Before he could do anything to me, someone tapped his shoulders. I could barely make out who that was. It was dark. 'What? Can't you see I'm busy?' He said, without turning around. 

The guy in the dark tapped his shoulder again. He turned around, pissed and met face-to-face with a fist in the face. He dropped down to the floor. His nose was bleeding. 

Ew. 

I looked at my saviour. At an instant, my heart was jumping for joy. It was Sunggyu.  The guy who I wanted to save me was here. It wasn't a dream. It's reality. He was standing in front of me. 

He looked at me, 'What?'

My dreams of him being my knight in shining armor shattered into pieces. 

'Nothing.' I replied. 

'Y-you!' The (disgusting) guy stood up and dashed towards Sunggyu.  I was panicking. At any moment, Sunggyu would be defeated.  But he wasn't.  He easily dodged him. Sunggyu kicked his right leg causing him to drop on the floor. Sunggyu boredly pinned him to the ground with his leg.  My jaw dropped at the sight of him defeating him. I could not believe it. He look like he was bored yet he easily defeated him in a flash. 

'Scram before I kill you.' Sunggyu said, chewing on his gum.  The guy nodded his head in fear and ran away. 

'Must I always save you? I would always be there if you're in danger. It's like fate.' He said. 

Fate... Maybe we're fated...

'C-can I stay by your side?' I mumbled softly. 

'What?' He playfully cupped his ear.

'I like you. Can I stay by your side?' I said, looking down at my black converse shoes. I didn't realize it but my shoes are quite clean judging that I use it quite often. My shoes als-

'S-sorry. It's too dangerous. I can't risk your life. Sorry but  I can't return your feelings. I don't even know what I feel for you. I'm sorry.' 

I admit I was pissed when he said that. Judging, he was from a gang, he's afraid. Is this some kind of joke? 

'Dangerous? Too risky? Who cares about that. All I know is that I like you and nothing is gonna change. And I know that you'll be there to save me.' I gave him my biggest smile. 

Although it was dark, I could see a tint of redness on his cheeks. I softly laugh at his innocence.  Although he's a gangster and the leader of Infinite, the most heartless gang, he's still a small boy who don't know anything about love. He's an innocent boy. 

Sunggyu. He's my apathetical yet charismatic knight.