In the rain

In the rain

                The bell rang, signaling it was time to go home. As you walked down the hall you noticed the new kid, Jiho, and you called his name, as you approached him.

“Hey, are you going home now?”

“Oh, Rae! Yeah, just had my last class.”
“Me too!” – Then you noticed it was raining, heavily. – “Oh no… I didn’t bring my umbrella… Why’s it raining anyway? It’s spring already!” – You whined.

“Well, nothing we can do about it… Do you wanna go to that café on the other street?”

“Why not? Better than keep standing here.” – You both ran to a nearby café only getting a little wet.

“I heard this place’s cupcakes are excellent.”

“Yes, they are! I’m getting one.”

“Then I will too.” – He smiled at you.

                You ordered and talked about Jiho’s first week’s at school, since he had transferred not lon ago, until the waiter brought the cupcakes.

“hmmm… It really is good.” – He commented.

“I know, right? What flavor is yours?”
“Chocolate with chocolate topping. And yours?”

“Chocolate with strawberry topping.”

“Can I try some?”

“Yes… You can…” – You hesitated a bit but cut a piece with your fork and he took it with his.

“Hm, it’s good~ Want to taste mine?” – You hummed and nodded. He cut a bit of his cupcake and brought it to the front of your mouth. You stared at the sweet in front of you and then at him. – Come on, don’t be shy! Say aaah~” – You blushed but obeyed, looking into his eyes and feeling his warm smile.

“U-uhmmm… It’s good.” – You stuttered. Both finished your desserts and headed out after paying but it was still pouring outside. You pouted as you stretched your hand to the falling rain while Jiho searched through his backpack.

“Where do you live?” – He asked as he took something out.

“Just a few blocks away from here…” – You turned to him and your mouth, much like your eyes, widened.

“Let’s go then, I’ll take you home.” – He grinned.

                On the way you almost slipped and fell but the boy beside you grabbed your waist in time. He looked at you and blushed as he grabbed your wrist and kept going.

“Just in case you slip again.” – He shyly remarked. Your cheeks turned pink so you just hummed and kept walking, staring at your feet. When you arrived on your frontyard you turned to him under the umbrella.

“Wanna come in?”
“Nah, it’s ok, I should head home too.”

“Hm… Ah… Why didn’t you say you had an umbrella?”
“If I did I’d have brought you home right away…” – He scratched the back of his neck nervously. – “And I wanted to spend some time with you.” – He shyly admitted.

“With me?” – You felt the heat rise to your cheeks.

“Yes… As in… A date…” – He answered and averted his gaze.

“D-d-date???” – You were surprised but felt happy. You took courage though. “If you wanted a date you could’ve just said so, pabo.” – And you hugged him because who would say no to such a cute and nice boy? Especially you, who’s been crushing on him for a while now.

                He chuckled. “Really?” – He hugged you back. - #Then… Tomorrow… Same place, same time? Date?” – You nodded and hummed against his hear, smiling like an idiot, and he pulled you closer to him, not wanting to let go for the day.

 

 

*Pabo = idiot  d: