I Call it Magic

Magic

Inspired by Coldplay’s ‘Magic’ . This will be my first time writing an SNSD fanfic, so I hope you guys enjoy this little oneshot I put up.

:::

"Do you ever wonder if the stars look at us for once?"

 

It was a cold, silent night for the two young girls sitting rather comfortably on top of a small hill that overlooked the park. The air around them wasn’t something to be called as ‘awkward’, but for them, the word seemed to have no effect. They both enjoyed being there, in the exact they were sitting. It was a chance for them to be alone. Be themselves throughout the busy and crowded days that were upon them.

 

Taeyeon looked slightly to her right, seeing the girl next to her staring up at the dark sky above them which were filled with dozens of stars. The girl thought for a moment, before replying. “Not really. The thought never actually crossed my mind before. So, I guess this is the first time I heard someone thought about it.”

 

Jessica smirked, looking away from the night sky and turning her head towards the younger girl beside her. “Gee, what a thoughtful answer.” She pushed nudged Taeyeon playfully in the shoulder. The latter chuckled slightly. “Glad to hear that.”

 

Another silence ensued. Without the slightest of hint, the two of them unconsciously inching closer to one another. As they were just a mere centimeter apart, Taeyeon made the first move. She took a hold of Jessica’s hand, and as the other girl felt the touch, she slowly closed the spaces between their fingers. When the hand holding wasn’t enough, the older girl leaned her head on the younger one’s shoulder, closing her eyes as she sighed in content.

 

They always loved these moments. Moments where it’s the just the two of them.

 

"Do you mind?" Jessica asked, a little shy as she didn’t want the other girl feel uncomfortable by the sudden act of affection. But Taeyeon never felt the slightest hesitation when it comes to things like these. Especially if they were done with the girl leaning against her.

 

"No. No, not at all," Taeyeon said ever so softly, feeling her lips slowly forming a big goofy smile. She rubbed her thumb on Jessica’s hand, a gesture so familiar for the both of them. The younger girl couldn’t keep her eagerness, and she sniffed the older one’s hair, exhaling as she realized how good Jessica smells.

It was one of those nights where the two of them sneaked out of their dorm undetected by other members as they were already asleep, and they would do something to escape everything. Life, people, and fame. And during those nights, they would walk around the city acting like normal people. They fit in the crowd, feeling happy that not even a single fan or paparazzi ruined their precious hours. And just before the sun goes up, they would be back at the dorm with a tired yet smiling face.

 

They love moments like these. They always have. No matter how much distance they up to one another, nothing can ever break their bond.

 

"Jessica?"

 

"Hm?"

 

Taeyeon pondered for a moment, before finally making up her question.

 

"What do you feel whenever you’re with me throughout the nights?"

 

Jessica took a few seconds to come up with an answer, and once she did, her lips formed into a smirk.

 

"I call it magic, when I’m next to you." Jessica sang softly into Taeyeon’s ears, as the other girl look at her with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Really?"

 

Jessica looked at her in confusion. “What? I like that song.”

 

A smile appeared on the younger girl’s face, and she only let out a chuckled before leaning in and kissing Jessica in the cheek.

 

"Me too."