pt. 2 (fin.)

letters on napkins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turns out, Mark had already made reservations. It was a bit fancy, and Jinyoung wished he went for a more formal look all of a sudden. However, Mark was dressed pretty casually, and didn't say anything about the hoodie (even if it had a little coffee stain that Jinyoung noticed a little late and almost panicked about.) 

"I have no idea how to make small talk over pizza," Mark said, grinning when a waiter came by with a plate full of pizza. 

"Probably the same as small talk over coffee," Jinyoung replied with an equally cheeky grin. "That's not new to me."

Mark looked at him with a sort of fondness in his eyes, and that sight made Jinyoung blush. The former chuckled as he took a slice.

"Alright, then you can start. Tell me about yourself? Your job?"

Jinyoung awkwardly took a slice of pizza as well, careful not to drop it on his plate because of the sudden pang of heat on his finger tips.

"Well, for starters, my name is Park Jinyoung. But you already know that, since Jaebum told you, the bastard. I go to Yonsei University, and during school season I only work at the cafe part-time," He paused to blow on the pizza. "I've been there for atleast a year, though. It's relaxing there and I earn well." 

The pizza really did taste good, Jinyoung noted, taking his first bite. He glanced at Mark and found the red head staring at his mouth. Flustered, he quickly raised a hand to cover it, almost choking on the pizza as he did so. He muttered something that sounded like a complaint about the pizza being hot, but it was probably barely heard. 

Mark chuckled at the sight, and when he spoke his voice came out a bit rougher than usual.

"Is it any good?"

"Blows my mind," Jinyoung replied jokingly, averting his eyes from Mark's deep gaze. "Your turn. What brings you to Korea?"

Mark contemplated the question as he took another slice of pizza.

"University as well, for the most part. I dorm with two other foreigners- oh, I'm from America- and I think you've seen my friends in your cafe. Jackson is Chinese- so am I, actually, my last name is Tuan- from Hongkong, my age,  and then Bambam is a few years younger, but he started early. He's Thai."

Jinyoung processed the infomation in his head, because Mark was sounding dreamier by the second. His Korean was only slightly accented, barely noticeable really, and when he spoke hints of his canines would show. 

"How old are you, anyway?" 

Mark grinned, "22."

"I'm younger, then," Jinyoung smiled back cheekily. "I'm 21. Same age as Jaebum. Yugyeom, the other guy during my shift, is barely 18. I'm not sure if you two have spoken, though."

"We haven't," Mark said. "Probably soon."

Which means you'll be around the cafe soon as well, Jinyoung thought to himself, fighting back a smile. He tried to think of more topics in his head, but really, it was hard to even come up with proper sentences around the Adonis-like figure in front of him. Now that they were actually across each other and he wasn't just watching from the counted, Jinyoung could properly admire Mark, and he did it pretty well. 

Jinyoung realized too late that Mark was staring at him with something like a smirk on his lips as well, only realizing when said lips opened to speak: "Is there anything on my face, Jinyoung?"

'Perfection,' he thought.

"N-nothing, sorry, just a bit lost in thought," Jinyoung replied, looking down at the plate of almost-finished pizza. 

Mark chuckled, extending an arm to lightly ruffle Jinyoung's hair, "you're too cute."

Jinyoung felt his whole body heat up and maybe even his heart skip a beat. He didn't even want to think about how red his face is at the moment, as he tried to stammer out a proper response but he wasn't sure what to reply to something as blunt as that, exactly, so he was left with his mouth opening and closing, with his mind trying its best to form a sentence in his head. 

A weird sound, something like a grunt and a whine, ended up escaping his mouth instead.

"Well," Mark said, obviously trying his best not to laugh, "there's still more to today than just this pizza, just thought I'd let you know."

"There is?"

"Of course. It's only been an hour, don't you think I'd want more time with you?" 

This time Mark did allow himself to laugh, as Jinyoung groaned and covered his face with his hands, mumbling something behind them. Mark leaned forward, asking it to be said louder, only to still be met with mumbled words.

"I can't understand you," Mark said in between laughs, he paused, before tentatively continuing, "stop with the mumbling. You know how I hate the mumbling"

"I said, you can't just pull those kinds of lines," Jinyoung said as he lowered his hands. "Did I mumble, Mark?"

"Did we really just pull off quoting Tangled?"

"I think so," Jinyoung replied. They both laughed, as Mark paid for the bill because 'I was the one w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter