2 | TWO

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two

 

Haru

I looked around the lobby and noted the amount of people walking around, mostly heading towards the elevator as soon as I stepped into the humangous building. It was still early - 8AM to be exact - but Wu Enterprise was already on full operation. I sighed before making my way towards the crowd and moved along to the elevators.

"Morning, Haru." I turned to see one of the marketing employee approaching me. He had one hand on his shirt collar while the other held a black briefcase.

"Morning, Jongkook." I greeted him in return and continued making my way to the elevator with Jongkook still following close behind me. "Anything interesting today?" I asked as I glanced back at him.

He grunts and grumbled under his breath as he struggled to fix his tie before quickening his pace to match mine. "Every day is interesting here." he commented and I couldn't help but agree. "You?"

"Nothing much. The financial department is actually too quiet for my liking." I told him.

"Well, it's not much different in mine. As long as Mr. Kim doesn't fire me, I'm good."

I smiled at this. "Here's to the both of us," I said and stepped into the elevator which just arrived, followed by Jongkook and the rest of the employees. I managed to press for the 30th floor before being pushed to the further back. God, I hate this. 

When the elevator reached my floor, there were only a few people left occupying the space. I waved goodbye to Jongkook and made my way out; quickly making my way towards my small office, returning all the greetings thrown to me at the process. "Haru!"

I turned to see a handsome Chinese man looking handsome in a suit walking towards me with a smile on his face. "Good morning, Mr. Lu."

My boss stared at me as if I've grown two heads, and I laughed at his reactions. "I'm just kidding, Luhan." The man rolled his eyes at this. "You'd better be or you're fired." I raised my brow arrogently at this, knowing fully well he didn't mean it. Even if he did, he'll definitely suffer without my help in this department. Way to sound humble, Haru. 

I chuckled again and unlocked my office, leaving the door open for the boss to walk in. I the air conditioner and opened the blinds to let the lights inside my office before setting my handbag onto the floor next to my table. Luhan was already seated on the visitor's chair while I moved around to start the day.

"Did you sleep well?" he suddenly asked, earning a weird look from me. "What? I'm seriously asking if you slept well last night." he stated and I laughed.

"Of course, sir." I scoffed and ignored the groan that came from him. "As for your first question, not really." I honestly told him and finally took a seat on my leather chair. "Oh?" Luhan sat up straight and threw me a wondering look. "Problem?"

Sigh. "Yeah, but it's nothing I can't handle." I assured him with a smile. "So, coffee?" I asked as I got ready to stand up again and the male beamed. "I thought you'd never asked."

It's like a routine for us every morning before work officially begins. Luhan and I would enjoy some coffee at the cafeteria downstairs and usually, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun - two of the other twelve important people of Wu Enterprise - would grace us with their presence for a cup of morning coffee. Due to the fact that I'm always seen with these handsome bosses of Wu Enterprise - mostly Luhan, I get envy glances and even snarky comments from the other female employees - but I couldn't find myself to care about them at all. It's not like I'm flirting with them anyways.

"Where are you two going?" a voice suddenly chimed behind us as we waited for the elevator. We both turned to see one of the bosses beaming at us. Oops, make that two.

"Hey, Luhan. What are you doing here?" the other asked, appearing from behind the first male to stand next to him.

"We're going to head down for our daily morning coffee," Luhan replied. "What are you two doing here?"

"We came to see you, to be honest." the first guy, Kim Jongdae, said with smile. "But it seems like you're occupied at the moment," he added with a mischievous look on his face.

"Shut it, Chen." Kim Minseok, my other boss, said and turned to me. "How are you, Haru?" "Doing mighty well, Mr. Kim." I replied and he snorted. "Please... call me Xiumin." he said, referring to his Chinese name. I nodded and turned when the elavator arrived on our floor. "Care to join us for coffee?" I invited and the two immediately nodded their heads.

"Might as well tell me what you came to see me for." Luhan added as we stepped into the elevator. I turned to him and made a face, causing the male to laugh at me. "Okay, never mind then."

 I caught Chen and Xiumin exchanged confused glances from the corner of my eye, and I knew what they had in mind. I assure you, my dear bosses, I'm just an employee. The elevator made no stops so we managed to reach the lobby in no time. We stepped out and was greeted with an amount of employees waiting for the elevator, and they all bowed when they saw the bosses. I received some few greetings as well and of course, glares from their 'fangirls'. Immatures. Do you think this is high school?

I ignored them and made my way to the cafeteria. I looked around for an empty spot and caught sight of Kyungsoo waving at me from a table at the corner of the room. Sitting with him was known other than his 'twin', Baekhyun. These two are always together, so it's no wonder they are identified as twins by the employees. The other bosses caught sight of them as well and we all made our way towards their table.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun." I greeted them with a smile.

"Good morning, Haru!" they replied in chorused and I mentally chuckled at them. I casually took a seat next to Kyungsoo and the rest soon occupied the other available chairs as well. 

Once the coffee was served, I quickly took a sip from my cup and leaned back in my chair, letting the bosses do all the talking. I unconciously closed my eyes as I recalled the sudden news my mother had dropped on me yesterday, causing me to sigh under my breath and I could feel the pain in my head coming again. This is so not cool.

"Haru?" I opened my eyes and turned my head to the side, immediately seeing the frown adorning Kyungsoo's handsome face. I took a quick glance and realised that they all had the same worried look on their faces. Great. "Is everything okay?" he asked and I quickly nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired, that's all."

"You've been overworking yourself again, haven't you Haru?" Baekhyun asked and I chuckled. "Aren't we all?" I asked in return, earning acknowledging smiles from all of them. 

Their conversations continued and this time, I made sure to participate in them. I'm not about to make others worry about me with my smal- okay BIG problem. But they didn't need to know that. After a while, Luhan's phone rang and the male was quick to answer it. The conversation was short, and Luhan had an annoyed look on his face.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter