1 | ONE

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One

 

It was a sunny Sunday evening in Seoul, and the citizens were enjoying the warm sun before they have to face the cold night when dark comes. Some went outdoors to enjoy the calm evening while some stayed indoors just to relax. In Haru's case, she left her apartment to visit her mother and spend some quiet time with her, but not everything goes as planned.

The sound of a metal tray falling onto the floor filled the air of the quiet room in one of the houses in the city. Haru stared wide eyed at her mother, blinking a few times in disbelief with gaping. She couldn't believe what she had just heard flowing out of the elder's mouth. It couldn't be right. "I'm sorry, mother. Can you that repeat that again?" she managed to ask, silently hoping that her ears were playing tricks on her. The mother sighed, clearly annoyed, nevertheless repeating the words she just said.

"I said; your future in-laws are coming to visit next week, so you'd better be home on time. Is that clear enough for you or do you want me to repeat that again?" she asked with a sarcastic tone, but Haru was far from noticing it. Cue the sound of her world shattering into pieces. In-laws? B-But they only use that term to call- WHAT?!

"I'm g-getting m-m-married?" she stammered, pointing a finger to her chest. "Me?" "Do I have any other daughter in this house, Haru?" the elder asked with a raised brow, looking around the living room to emphasize her point. "Having you is hard enough to handle, what more having more than one?" she huffed, fanning herself as she leaned back on the sofa.

"But mother, I'm too young to get married." Haru pointed out. "I-"

"Don't complain, girl. It's good enough that someone even wants to marry you." the middle aged woman said with a glare. Haru looked down at her feet, feeling a pain in her heart. Her mother never fails to make her feel miserable of herself, but she was determined to let all her harsh words pass. But at times, she can't help but feel hurt by her mother's words.

"But w-why so s-sudden?" she bravely asked, not daring to lift her head.

The middle aged woman got up from the couch and approached her daughter, stopping right in front of her and lifting her chin so their eyes would meet. "You should ask your grandfather that, honey. He's the one who made the arrangement." she told her and left.

Haru frowned to herself once her mother's figure disappeared up the stairs. But grandpa's dead... Crouching down, Haru lifted the tray she just dropped and placed it on her lap. She turned her head towards the stairs with a nervous look before standing back up to fish her phone out of her pocket. Pressing onto the speed dial, she placed the device next to her ear and waited for the line to connect.

"Hello?"

"Naeun-ah, can we meet up?"

 

 

Haru

"What!?"

I sighed and leaned back in my seat, letting my best friend gap like a fish struggling to breathe - which I'm pretty sure how I acted when my mother had dropped the bomb. Luckily we were seated at a far corner of a café, hidden from the eyes of the other customers, though I'm pretty sure they heard her loud dolphin-like shriek.

"What am I going to do?" I groaned, rubbing my fingers on my temple to ease the sudden pain in my head. "I can't get married at this age. What more to a stranger!"

"She said it was your grandfather's doing?" Naeun asked and I nodded. "Damn, so in other words this is an arranged marriage! Wow, I can't believe there's such thing in the 21st century!" she scoffed and turned to me. "Do you know who you're getting married to?" she asked.

"Nope. I have no idea at all." Naeun suddenly leaned forward in her chair with gleaming eyes and a wide smile, scaring me. "What is wrong with you?" I frowned, annoyance clearly visible on my face and in my tone.

"I just thought of something."

"Oh boy."

"I'm serious!" she frowned and I raised a brow at her. "What if your husband-to-be is a hot, handsome and rich dude?" she asked, her eyes getting wider in excitement.

I scoffed. "Ri~ght. I was thinking that he'd be a Hollywood star, or maybe Choi Jin-hyuk."

"That could be it, too." she said, looking like she was seriously thinking of that possibility. I rolled my eyes at her delusional ideas and looked out the window. Across the café was a a shoplot building and I could easily see a tall, shiny building standing proudly behind it.

Wu Enterprise.

"What are you looking at?" Naeun asked, looking out the window as well. "My office building." I told her and she too directed her gaze towards the said building. "You're so lucky to be working there, Haru. I heard that Wu Enterprise is one of the largest and top-notched company in Asia. Not to mention that you have hot bosses working there too."

I sighed at her words and turned my gaze away from the window, slightly leaning forward to grab my cup of coffee and leaning back again. "It's pretty damn strict too." I told her and sipped onto my coffee.

"Really? Well, considering that it's a multi-billion dollar company, I'm not so surprised."

"Hmmm..."

Wu Enterprise - a multi-billion company branch which is currently led by their youngest CEO yet. Despite being only a year older than me, the CEO had gained so much respect, power and recognition from the other businesses in the entire world. His name rolls of the tongue of businessmen, businesswomen, elites, models, artists, and even commoners. The name Kris Wu was no stranger to the entire world. People look up to him, and some companies would grab any opportunity to be able to work alongside his, but it's never that easy. 

Despite being only the branch in South Korea, Wu Enterprise Seoul is more known to the world compared to its headquearters in Vancouver, Wu Prime. The headquearters is currently handled by the Chairman, the CEO's father, who is equally smart, wise and popular as his son. However, his son gets most of the attention since he is the sole heir of Wu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter