in the club

teenage dream
 

Minwoo had slipped in unrecognized, a perk of partying in America now and then. He was no less a king of fanservice, just here all his "fans" knew him as that amazing dancer who showed up out of nowhere every few months, nothing more. Whenever he showed up, the word moved fast from the doorman to the bar to the dj, HE's here, and the music would shift slightly, become more animal, more sensual, and as the women started to notice, they'd all press to be closest to him, to try to be one of the girls he "chatted up" that night.

The best part of clubs is they're too loud to actually talk, so it doesn't matter if you know the language or not. Conversations are a non-verbal exchange between moving bodies, two people caught up in the lights and the beat, transcending words. Every female in the house wanted to talk to Lee Minwoo. They didn't care where he was from or who he was there. Who he was here was all anyone cared about, and who he could be if they could only get him to share a taxi home.

He wasn't looking for love, but he wouldn't have minded finding it. He was looking for a good time, the kind of pick-me-up you get from being surrounded by people who want you. Being objectified wasn't all bad, sometimes it was the best thing ever.

One girl hadn't noticed yet, though, that Someone Of Note had arrived. She didn't care, she was there for the music and a little objectification of her own. If anything, she was sort of glad there was someone taking the attention of most of the women away so maybe she'd get a little more from the guys. She was lost following a rising tempo, moving sinuously, when he noticed her. The attraction of the only person in the room not clamouring for his notice, and because she was lost in dance. His sights were set, target locked.

Glitter dance pop blasted all around and he could feel the bass thumping inside him as he made his way through the mass towards her. He spared a few moves for other girls along the way, just for the quick swoon he got from them, but it was appetizers. Dinner was just a few feet away.

She felt someone nearby, not touching but moving in time with her. She wondered what she'd caught on her line this time, and turned, looking through her lashes. Short. But damn, he can move.

The exchange of dancing greetings, his smile, her nod, and the conversation began. For the first song, they kept their distance, a polite sort of feeling out as they each got a sense of what the other was looking for, what the other was capable of. She was vaguely aware of the eyes staring daggers into her back, but didn't care. Her new partner was amazing, and commanded her full attention.

Another song, and the gap began to close. He reached up a hand as though to touch her face, but slid the gesture easily into just another dance move. She tilted her head as though he had, inviting him to try again.

The next song was deeper, drawing them together finally. His hand moved along her arm, and her legs touched his. Short, but perfect, this is always awkward with other men. She was able to match his body waves, able to match his arms' reach, able to move with him in a way she hadn't experienced before. He knew how to control every muscle in his body perfectly, and the way he was addressing her he seemed interested in learning to do the same with hers.

It didn't matter any more what either had come looking for, they'd found it. When the taxi showed up almost at closing time, they fell into the back together, half-deaf from the overloud music but laughing at a joke neither had spoken. Trapped in the tiny space of the backseat, their hands danced in a way they couldn't at the club. The cabbie's eyes flickered to the rear view mirror now and then to watch the young couple making out, but he turned up the radio a little louder so he wouldn't have to hear them.

Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance until we die
You and I, we'll be young forever

You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
The way you , I can't sleep
Let's run away and don't ever look back
Don't ever look back

My heart stops when you look at me
Just one touch, now baby I believe
This is real, so take a chance
And don't ever look back, don't ever look back

I'ma get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans
Be your teenage dream tonight
Let you put your hands on me in my skin-tight jeans
Be your teenage dream tonight