Sense of Direction

Hide And Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In less than a second the little girl was gone. The children in the playground didn’t notice at all. They just continued to play and have fun as their parents keeps an eye on them. The village’s owner, Mr. Min, was already on his way back to his mansion, fleeing the scene.  Every piece of him wanted to escape. Every piece of him wanted to get away from the witchcraft his sister has gotten in to and he could possibly get into as well. When he finally gets the life he wanted, why does she need to ruin it for him? What did he do to deserve the pressure of being visited by someone he did not want to see any longer especially with the oddities she has brought?

“Three, two,” Little Joohee stopped counting as she realized she has already returned. She was facing the same old tree she was at with a small thick bush to its right. She stepped back, getting startled a bit. It still works. She ran two meters away to the south only to spot Jungkook hiding behind a thick row of bushes. “I found you, Kookie!” She squealed as the boy stood up from his hiding place.

“Yeah. Yeah. Don’t be too loud, they’d hide even more.” Jungkook stated as he shushed his friend. They happened to be good friends. They tutored each other often ever since second grade. They knew each other’s strengths and weaknesses. The two eight year olds were the best of friends, well he’d be Joohee’s best friend if it weren’t for Yoonji. She nodded in response as the two of them slowly tiptoed across logs. A shadow appeared as it slyly moved past tree to tree. Joohee let out a smirk as she faced Jungkook who, too, had the same expression on his face. They chased after the creeping silhouette until Jungkook decided to tackle him. He jumped on him playfully, grabbing hold of the caught friend. “Yoongi hyung!” “Yoongi oppa!” They both cheered upon seeing the creeping elder. The two boys got up and dusted off the dirt on their clothes. “I knew that grandpa-ish movement anywhere,” Joohee stated. “Alright, you found me, now can I get back to my study table?” He whined as he walked his way back home. Jungkook sighed as he slung his arm over his friend’s shoulder. “Hyung seems pretty busy these days.” She nodded in agreement.  She bent down and sprinted away to look for more of their friends.

The little boy ran after her as both of them step on the dried leaves on the way, crunching their way to the next player. It wasn’t long before they spotted Yoonji along with Wonwoo by the old swing set. “Oh hey you found us!” The two cheered. “As if you two were even trying to hide.” Joohee commented as she sat on the swing, forcing her legs back before releasing it as her short legs swayed freely.

“Did you find Yoongi?” Yoonji asked.

“Yep. Old gramps wanted to go home early,” the younger girl answered. Yoonji nodded in response as she entwined her fingers with Wonwoo’s.  They were a young couple, both aged fifteen actually along with Joohee’s older brother, Yoongi. “Does mom and dad know that you two are-?“ Jungkook asked as he looked at the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter