Ten Years Later

Hide And Seek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been ten years since the three kids met, and now they're still friends, the best of friends. Their families invite each other over dinner occasionally, having close ties between them. They've grown a lot, but things never completely change. Hoseok was still cheerful, Seokjin seems to be less awkward although he doesn't over other people's conversations casually like his cousin does, and Namjoon was still the friendly person he was ten years ago. His life went pretty smoothly the past ten years. He has good grades, outstanding ones actually. His family was very supportive and so were his friends, and along with those important people; he had some flings he isn't afraid to name, although these were influences of some of their new friends, namely; Jimin and Taehyung. But it was mainly Jimin who influenced him to have some flings and his current one is Lee Hyeri.

He isn't a fan of commitments that much and he thinks the girls he had and has as flings wouldn’t mind. Everyone is doing it, why wouldn’t he do it as well? He sees and seeks no harm from it. Seokjin did go against his friend’s decision, but it wouldn’t change his mind either. Hoseok seems okay with it. Whatever his friends are happy with makes him happy. Jimin seems proud about his influence towards Namjoon, and Taehyung… They see him as weird, but they don’t care. The more they are, the merrier.

It was Saturday, around two in the afternoon when the boys went to their neighborhood’s playground. It was the same place they went to ten years ago. It was the same place where they first played together. It’s now officially a playground. Kids were running from here and there as some started to cry because of dares to go down the slide. It was naturally about kids and their fears. The group of boys chuckled as they watched the children play. They were under the shade of one of the trees. It was definitely a fine afternoon. It was the first time they brought Jimin and Taehyung to their neighborhood since Namjoon and Hoseok met them during their last year of middle school due to their friendliness towards lower years, and not long after all of them graduated from middle school, they continued to stick together, along with their first encounter with Seokjin in high school.

They didn’t talk that much as they continued to stay laid back, until Namjoon finally fell asleep and the cheeky Hoseok decided to spill something up from their childhood. Talkative was one way to describe him. He wasn’t a backstabber though and he’s sure that once his friend wakes up, they’ll all share a good laugh about the story. That is, if he remembers them.

“Do you guys know why Namjoon suggested we go to this tree rather than that bigger one over there?” Hoseok asked before he could spill out the information he knew.

“Not really. Why,” asked Taehyung who straightened his back up before leaning back at the tree’s trunk.

“Does it even matter?” Jimin followed with another question as he picked some of the grass.

“Well, I thought you guys should know that…” Hoseok was disturbed by his cousin Seokjin who seems to be continuing the discussion formally.

“This was mark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter