Be my fan.

Be my fan.

“Hyung! It’s really hurt you know.” V spoke while leaning towards his manager hyung for support while holding on his stomach.

“Stop acting like a girl. Why do you have to eat so much and got sick like this and it has to be during I finally got a date.” Manager Kim endured V’s weight and kept thinking about his date that he’s finally got after he had persuaded his friend for an acceptable blind date. He had enough for the unacceptable ones though. He shuddered every time he remembered one of those horrible dates.

Both of them kept walking until they arrived in front of a ward that V was supposed to stay for a few days. To their surprises, the other roommate was a girl. It’s not supposed to be sharing a same ward room with a female right. At least that’s the logic in both V’s and manager Kim’s mind.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” A girl with long straight hair and casted left arm asked while looking back and forth between V and manager Kim. As far as she knows, they’re strangers to her.

While silent questions surrounded the room, a nurse came while panting slowly, “I guess you’ve found out. I’m sorry on behalf of the staff. She made a mistake by putting Kim TaeHyung-ssi name as the same room with a female patient.

“But he can’t stay in the same room with a girl. It will cause some troubles. He’s an idol you know.” Manager Kim can’t seem to hold back his anger. If the reporters find out about this, he’s doomed.

“I’m so sorry but the other rooms also were occupied by females. Even you like or not you still have to share this room with this girl.” Said the nurse and pointed towards the dumbfounded female patient.

“Excuse me, is my opinion is not being asked right not?” the female patient couldn’t stand being ignored completely. Who wants to share a ward room with a stranger?  After all, he is a guy.

“I’ll share this room for few days with this lady.” After a while being silent, V made his decision. He thought it wouldn’t be that bad. It’s just for a few days.

“What?!” both the lady and manager Kim snapped towards V.

“So then, I’ll be going. Sorry for the unexpected situations.” The nurse scurried out from the room.

“Hey wait!” manager Kim screamed and tried to catch up with the nurse.

The room fell into a complete silent. It was so awkward for both of them. V tried his best to look cool when suddenly the door burst opened. There, walked in six guys casually with some of them joking around with each other by locking each other head.

“Yo Taehyung-ah. Are you feeling alright… wait a second, who’s this cute little lady?” a guy in a beanie asked and looked at the female patient.

“Hoseok hyung, that’s my roommate… wait, what’s your name?” V suddenly remembered that he hasn’t asked his roommate’s name.

The female patient felt so uncomfortable from the stares she received from those seven pairs of eyes. “Han Hyeri. I’m Han Hyeri. Nice to meet you,” Hyeri forced a smile on her face.

“Hyeri. What a lovely name for a lovely lady. I’m J-Hope or Jung Ho Seok” J-Hope tried to put on his best smile to impress the lady.

“I’m Jin.”

“I’m Jimin.”

“I’m Suga or Min Yoongi.”

“I’m Jungkook, the maknae”

“I’m Rap Monster or Kim Namjoon.”

“And I’m V or Kim Taehyung. Your roommate for the few days onwards,” V finally introduced himself to Hyeri.

“Okay and why is some of you have weird name like... what was it again? Rap Monster? J-Hope?” Hyeri was so confused with their weird name. She thought that it’s enough to know their real name. There’s no need for their nicknames and what-so-ever.

“You don’t know us? We’re idol. We're BTS or Bangtan. Haven’t you heard of it?” Jin introduced their group name.

“Ah! I’ve heard it before. You’re the new rookie group right.” Hyeri did recalled Bangtan’s name before as she watched full music show just because her bias group, BTOB was having their comeback.

“Yeah but we’re not that new exactly.” Jimin confused with the word new because they had been debuted for almost a year so, that’s not so new.

“Hey I think that your group is great. How can you stay weeks in top 10 on the charts with only your debut song,” Hyeri was sincerely amazed with their achievement. Not many new groups stand a chance to be on top 10 for weeks with their debut song.

“Excuse me? You mean No More Dream?” V started to feel confused.

“What’s ‘No More Dream’? I’m talking about ‘Boy in Luv’, your debut song.” Hyeri started to feel that something’s not right.

“What?” V was so shocked and all this time he thought that she might be a fan.

“That’s not our debut song. We’ve been debuted since June last year,” said the dumbfounded Jungkook.

“I’m sorry. I’m so confused with all those new groups these days. There’s a lot new group out there so, my apologies,” said Hyeri. She felt so bad for making that mistake.

“It’s okay. We will work harder so that we’ll become famous like our great sunbaes like Big Bang and Infinite,” said Rap Monster. He felt that their group had to work harder to be recognized by people out there.

For the second time, the door was opened and Kim manager came in with an unsatisfied expression. “I told that nurse to try to change the room but she constantly said that she can’t.” manager Kim kept brushing his hair until it became a mess.

“It’s alright. I’ll just stay here. It’s only for several days. You don’t mind right, Hyeri-ssi?” V asked Hyeri.

“Alright. It’s not like the nurse would listen to our request anyway. But keep in mind, if you do anything weird, I’ll sue you,” warned Hyeri. She had to give up.

“Oh no, doing weird things is in V’s daily routine. Be prepared Hyeri-ssi” Rap Monster warned Hyeri with a serious expression followed by laughter by all guys in the room except for V.

‘Oh my,’ Hyeri prayed silently so that things will not get weird along V staying with her. She suddenly felt something’s going to happen already.

“Ok time to go. You have schedule tonight. Come on.” Manager Kim quickly announced as he remembered that BTS had a radio appearance three hours later.

The BTS members quickly get off from V’s bed and scurried out from the room. “Hyeri-ssi, be careful of V. He’s super weird and you kid, don’t get to crazy. Behave yourself and good for you to get to share a room with a girl. Hyung will come and visit you when I’m free.” J-hope went out and caught up with s to the lift.

The room went silent. V kept fidgeting as he’s not used to be so quiet and it’s awkward to suddenly be himself towards someone that just know his name. “What’s wrong with your arm?” he tried to have a conversation with his roommate.

“Broken. Accident a week ago,” replied Hyeri. She didn't know what to say. Awkwardness filled up the room and it made her suffocated.

V was trying to make conversation again and lots of idea came out to his mind. He wanted to choose a good and not the weird ones but he accidently asked, “Do you have bad habit during you sleep?”

Hyeri was shocked to hear the question but she quickly replied, “No.”

V felt guilty for asking such weird question. He tried to cover it up but again, but he chose the wrong cover, “How can you know when you’re sleeping and unconscious about it. Don’t you share room with your siblings or roommate or anything?” the words kept went out without he can stopped it.

“I lived alone and I’m sure of it... I guess.” Hyeri hesitated because she thought that V was right. How can she know if she had a bad sleep habit? What if it comes tonight and V witnesses it. It would be so embarrassing.

“See you’re not sure yourself. But don’t worry; I won’t judge you because I’m way weirder than you.” V assured Hyeri.

“Whatever. I’m going to sleep.” Hyeri turned her back to V. ‘It’s going to a long few days’ she sighed and tried to get some sleep.

“If you need anything or if you’re scared just scream my name and I’ll be your knight,” said V while limping to the bathroom to change into his hospital gown.

“I will not. Weird boy.” And just before she fell asleep, she heard V’s reply, “That’s my charm.”

 

 

V was brushing his teeth when he suddenly saw a bottle on the sink and started to feel curious about what it is. He then came out to Hyeri and asked her, “Hyeri-ah, what’s this? I’ve been curious for days.” He shook the bottle while his mouth full of toothpaste.

Hyeri lifted up her face from the magazine she read. She looked at the bottle in V’s hand and immediately stood up and took the bottle from V and put it behind her back. “What are you doing and why are you taking this with you?”

V stopped brushing his teeth and let the toothbrush hanging in his mouth. “I’m curious. I’ve been watching that bottle for two days and I still can’t figure out what that is. As I’m going home tomorrow so tell me, what’s that?”

Hyeri’s face immediately turned scarlet. ‘That boy is curious about weird things!’ She didn't know how to explain it so she just replied, “It’s a girls’ thing. You shouldn’t be bothered about this thing.”

V looked into Hyeri’s face that had turned red, shrugged his shoulder and went back to the toilet to rinse his mouth. “Girls’ thing? What’s with that being a girls’ thing?” he mumbled to himself as he can’t get rid of that curiosity.

As V strolled out the toilet he finally realized what is that ‘girls’’ thing. He laughed his off and said to Hyeri that’s passing by him to go to the toilet with the bottle in her hand, “Now I know what’s that ‘girls’’ thing. It’s that hygiene thing right?”

Hyeri’s face that has just cooled down went scarlet again. She tried to ignore V but the embarrassment is just too much. “Weird boy.” She said and shut the toilet’s door close. From inside she can hear V’s reply, “That’s my charm.”  

 

 

“Goodbye Hyeri-ssi. Take a good care of your arm. Be careful of the nurse ghost. She likes to hang out in this room every night.” V teased Hyeri while packing his things.

Today V was discharged and his stomach had been completely better since the day he was admitted. He was feeling a bit sad to leave Hyeri. He felt like he didn’t want to leave Hyeri alone. All those days he had so much fun teasing and watched Hyeri patiently endured his weirdness. He thought that Hyeri is so cute… wait, what? He just thought that Hyeri is cute. Well, she is cute.

“Taehyung-ah I came to take you home.” J-hope suddenly came in with Jin and Jungkook and V immediately brushed off those thoughts out of his mind.

“Maknae, help me carry this bag.” V gave the bag to the frowning Jungkook and he turned around to see that J-hope was trying to flirt with Hyeri at her bed. He immediately felt hot to see the situation in front of him. He brushed off those feelings and pulled J-hope away from Hyeri to help him with his bag.

“Hyeri-ah, see you next time.” J-hope bid Hyeri goodbye and went out from the room with Jungkook.

“So I’m going home. See you next time Hyeri-ssi,” said V. He patted and messed Hyeri’s hair up.

“Stop it! I don’t want to see you again. I’m tired of you already.” Hyeri patted her hair back to normal. To be honest, she’s feeling a bit sad that she was going to left alone. No more noisy V at night.

“Awww, you miss me already. Don’t worry I’ll come and visit you.” V teased Hyeri for that he can’t do it anymore. At least for the few days.

“Don’t come you weird boy,” said Hyeri and stuck out her tongue

V chuckled and headed to the door. He very slowly close the door and took his time.

Hyeri shook her head while looking at V’s action and mumbled, “Weird boy.”

V who heard it immediately replied, “That’s my charm.”

 

 

It’s been two days since V left and it’s been two long boring days for Hyeri. Being left alone in the hospital was definitely not fun. Even the visits from his family couldn’t make her feel any better. V’s weirdness has made an effect on her. She quickly brushed off that feeling. She had to get used to it. It’s not like she’ll ever meet him again, that’s impossible.

On the other side, V crept and opened the ward room door ever so slowly. He couldn’t get caught if he wanted to surprise Hyeri. Followed behind was Jimin who kept pushing V because he moved too slowly. After they managed to close the door without being realize by Hyeri, V moved closer towards her. Just before V tried to reach Hyeri, Hyeri quickly turned around and smacked V’s arm.

“Ouch! That’s hurt!” V kept brushing his arm to ease the pain.

“Then stop doing idiot things you idiot! I can see you sneaking through the reflection,” said Hyeri pointing at the window where V’s reflection can clearly be seen.

V pouted his lips due to the scolding. “Whatever. Let’s sneak out and eat some meat,”

“What an idea and let’s get caught too because that’s the main event,” Hyeri replied sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

“No. I told you let’s eat meat so the main event is eat meat and don’t worry, we won’t get caught because the mastermind is me and my helper is my Jimin,” V patted on Jimin shoulder.

“Yup. I’m the best helper any bad mastermind could have. Now Hyeri-ssi, why don’t you get change because I think sneaking out with that hospital gown would increase the chance of getting caught,” said Jimin jokingly while communicating with V through their eyes.

Hyeri rolled her eyes while taking out her bag for her casual outfit. ‘Great, I’m spending the day with these two weirdoes. Second thought, I can get out from this boring place and eat meat. Oh how I miss meat.’

“I’ll go take care of the nurses noonas,” with that Jimin went out of the the room.

After ten minutes of waiting, Hyeri finally ready. She kept adjusting her arm cast that had become loose because she was rushing when she changed her outfit.

“Here, let me help,” V offered his help.

After helping Hyeri, all of sudden they accidently caught up into each other eyes. They stayed like that for seconds until Hyeri came to her senses, “We should go,” and off she out followed by V who was still can’t get his senses completely.

They managed to escape with Jimin’s distraction. Seconds after they entered the van, Jimin joined after escaping from the nurses. “What took you two so long? Do you know how hard it is to keep do aegyo to distract those noonas,”

Both of V and Hyeri immediately turned red. V quickly cleared his throat and said, “This girl took so much time.”

Hyeri glared at V and replied, “Excuse me; I didn’t take that much time okay.”

Before the bickering get any longer, Jimin quickly butted in to cool down both of them. “Alright. No need to bicker. Let’s just go and eat. I’m starving.”

Soon, they arrived at a small restaurant. Without looking at the menu, Jimin and V quickly called a nearby worker and ordered several types of meat. Hyeri’s jaw nearly dropped as she heard the amount of servings the boys ordered.

After the worker gone, Hyeri asked both of them, “Do you come here often?”

“Yes. We’ll come once in two weeks.” Both of them answered simultaneously.

“And why did you ordered that many of servings? Taehyung-ah, do want to be admitted to the hospital again?”

“Nevermind. I can get to share a room with you again. Doesn’t it sound like a good idea?” V grinned widely.

“Sounds like a nightmare to me.” Hyeri shuddered at the thought of sharing the same room with V. She won’t want it ever again.

Before V can reply, the workers came with their orders. Jimin took the tongs and put the meats on the grill.  As soon as the meat done, both of the boys chomped on the meat like they had been starving for days.

“Slow down guys. When was the last time you two eat?” Hyeri became worried as they can get chocked if they didn’t slow down.

“I haven’t get meat for two days. I’m supposed to be a carnivore. I need meat daily.” V replied with mouth full of meat.

“Don’t talk when your mouth is full. It’s disgusting.” Hyeri frowned to the sight.

After being scolded by Hyeri, the atmosphere became quiet. All of enjoyed their food till they felt like bursting.

“It’s been a long time since I got good food. Those hospital foods were .” Hyeri rubbed her belly and accidently burped out loud.

“Nice one Hyeri-ssi,” said Jimin.

Hyeri turned red and redder when Jimin and V can’t stop laughing. She glared at V who seemed not yet calmed after all the laughs. “Shut up. I can’t help it. This is so embarrassing.” Hyeri cupped her face with her hand.

“It’s okay. We’re pretty cool. Taehyung-ah, stop laughing!” Jimin who can’t stand it anymore decided to smack V’s back.

V coughed endlessly due to the smack he received. Hyeri then decided to pat his back after seeing that his coughing don’t seem to cool down any minutes.

“Don’t you do that ever again. What if I die?” V replied Jimin’s action by smacking him on the back of his head.

“Stop it both of you and it’s getting late. I need to get back before the nurse come to do my daily checkup.” Hyeri pulled both of Jimin’s and V’s ears after they seemed can’t stop argued with each other.

“Okay, okay. We’ll send you back. Let go of us now. It’s really hurt.” V groaned in pain. After Hyeri let go of their ears, they both quickly rubbed off the pain.

After the situation had cool down, V stood up and offered himself to pay which Jimin gladly accept it. They then went back to their van that had just arrived and started their way back to the hospital.

Again, Jimin volunteered himself to distract the nurses once again. After making sure that the nurses were distracted by Jimin, Hyeri and V quickly ran towards Hyeri’s ward room.

“Thank you for tonight. I really had a blast. I miss meat so much and today I finally got to eat it.” Hyeri thanked V for taking her out from the boring hospital. She had finally got some fresh air other than the smells of medicines every single day.

“My pleasure. I got my meat and heard your epic burp. That’s quite a show.” V burst into laugh again but ended up groaning in pain as Hyeri pulled the untouched ear before.

“Say that again and I’ll make your ears as big as the elephants’.” Hyeri’s death glare made V turned completely silent.

V pouted his lips to get Hyeri sympathy. “Hyeri-ah, It hurts a lot. Don’t you pity me? What if I won’t get any fan anymore? Would you be my only fan?” asked V while staring into Hyeri’s eyes.

Hyeri who can’t stand being stared quickly let go of V’s ear. “I’ll never be your fan. Now go home. I’m tired and the nurse will be here anytime soon.” Hyeri quickly turned her back on V to hide her face that started to be reddening.

“Alright. I’ll go. Aren’t you lonely without me? If you are, just call my name and I’ll be here in no time.” V said proudly while puffing out his chest.

“I won’t need you. Go now. Poor Jimin had to do all those aegyos.” Hyeri pushed V towards the door.

“Remember to called me out.”

“Never, you weird boy.” Hyeri pushed V with more strength until he had finally out of the room.

“Well, that’s my charm.” V grinned widely and went to the nurses’ counter to save Jimin.

“Taehyung-ah.” Hyeri tried to call out V’s name but he was nowhere to be found. ‘What am I doing?’ Hyeri questioned herself. She went into the bathroom to change back into her hospital gown. Just as she sat on her bed after changing, a nurse came in for her daily checkup and there went her boring daily routine again.

 

 

“Hyeri-ah, let’s sneak out again,” V entered the ward room just to find an empty bed. ‘Has she discharged already?’

As V wanted to leave the room, the toilet door opened and came out Hyeri with her ed hospital gown.

Hyeri turned around and quickly buttoned up her clothe. “Why did you entered without my permission and why are you even here?”

“How should I know that you’re going out from the bathroom like that?” V got flustered. He regretted that he didn’t warn his appearance more obvious.

“Then how should I know that you’re coming. I just finished shower and it’s hard to button up with this cast.” Since V had gone, Hyeri made herself completely comfortable. She doesn’t have to sweat herself trying to button up in that small bathroom.

“I’m so sorry. I should’ve informed you first but I don’t have your number.” V was really sorry for his mistake.

“Whatever. What are you coming here for?” Hyeri only remembered to ask for V’s visit after a while.

“Oh yes. I wanted to ask you to sneak out again.” V finally remembered the real reason for his visit.

“Again? Where will we be going this time?” For the second time, she no longer was going to go against V’s idea anymore.

“I thought on going to the amusement park but due to your injury, we would not get on most of the ride and it would be a waste of money. So, why don’t we go to the zoo?” V answered timidly. He’s kind of afraid that Hyeri will not want to go with him today.

Hyeri amused to hear that V wanted to go to the zoo. Out of all places, it has to be a zoo? “Why would you choose the zoo?”

“I don’t know. Just a random suggestion,” V getting more anxious as Hyeri had not given him her consent.

Hyeri kept quiet. She was thinking whether or not she would go out today. On her second thought, she decided to agree with V. Sitting in this room won’t be any good anyway. She’ll die boring. Now, she can go out for date with V. ‘Wait, this not a date. What am I thinking?’ Hyeri cleared her head and said, “Let’s go to the zoo. Give me 15 minutes for me to get ready.” She went to her bag, pulled out some clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

After 20 minutes, V and Hyeri had finally managed to sneak out once again. They quickly went to V’s van that located nearby the hospital’s entrance.

Opening the door, Hyeri found out that manger Kim was sitting in the driver seat. She smiled and greeted him, “Hi there manager Kim. It’s been a while.”

Manager Kim smiled back and said, “Yeah it’s been a while alright. So, where will you two be going? This kid begged me all night so that I would be his driver for his date today.”

V widened his eyes towards his manager and replied sarcastically, “Good one hyung. Why don’t you tell her everything?”

Manager decided to tease V even more by saying, “I’ll do it then. Hyeri-ssi, Taehyung here said that-“

Just before his manager decided to tell his entire secret, V quickly butted in, “Hyung, I’m the one who supposed to be the blur one around here. Do you really have to ruin me?” V folded his arm while pouting his lips.

Hyeri laughed to the scene in front of her. How she missed V’s weirdness. Being all alone in the ward room made her went crazy with the boring days.

V stunned to see her laughter. It’s been a while and he did miss it. “Give me your phone number.”

“What for?” Hyeri took out her phone but she wanted to listen to the reason first.

“We won’t want today’s incident happen again aren’t we? Next time, I’ll call or text you before I come.” V took Hyeri’s phone from her hand and inserted his number and made a call so he can take hers.

“You’re coming again?” Hyeri was happy to hear it but she decided to play it cool so it won’t be too obvious.

“We’ll see.” V looked out of the window to see that they had arrived. After being dropped off, they went to ticket booth and got themselves the tickets.

“Hey, look at that. Aren’t they cute? Look over there. Oh my god, they’re so cute too. I so love this!” Hyeri kept squealing and screaming every time she saw some cute wild animals in the cages.

While Hyeri was just too excited and busy looking at all of those animals, V went to the nearest bench and sat down. He was conflicting with himself. He wanted to tell Hyeri something but he worried that it would destroyed everything. He remembered his little talk with s last night about this issue.

 

That night, V was sitting alone in the room when suddenly Suga appeared. “What’s wrong with you? Are you on diet or something?” he asked as V hasn’t eaten anything for dinner.

“Hyung, I think I like someone.” V confessed to Suga as there were no secrets between all of them.

“You like Hyeri that much?” Suga asked.

“How did you know?” V asked loud enough to attract Jin’s and J-hope’s attention.

“What are you two doing?” J-Hope joined them followed by Jin.

“This guy is finally confessing that he liked Hyeri.” Suga answered the question to Jin and J-Hope.

“Finally? It didn’t take you long enough.” Jin said while patting V shoulder.

“All of you knew?” V looked at each of them. How can they even know? He hasn’t told them yet.

“We all knew, well except for Jungkook I think. That guy is still innocent.” J-Hope said and the others agreed.

“I want to confess but I’m afraid that she won’t accept me.” V voiced out his thought. He wanted to tell Hyeri but he’s afraid that Hyeri might be uncomfortable and their friendship will end. Eventhough that their friendship was still very new, he didn’t want it to end so quickly.

Jin hold on both of V’s shoulder and said, “Listen here. You’re a guy. So, it’s normal that you’re the one who’s confessing. Well, you have to prepare yourself for disappointments. Both of you are still new in this friendship so I advised you that there’s a big probability that she’ll reject you but at least you told her.”

“Yes, and don’t pressure her. To be honest, you can’t really be in a relationship right now. You’re an idol and it hasn’t been a year since we’re debuted. I just hope that if you want to confess, do it but don’t go into the relationship yet. It won’t last long.” Suga continued. He had no problems with wanted to be in a relationship, he just thought that it was not in the right moment yet.

“Hey, I like Hyeri too. She’s cute and pretty.” J-hope received death glares from three of them after he said that. “Okay, not need for the glares but I do like her alright.” He quickly went out from the room before one of them can attack him.

 

“Mongtae-ah!”

V came back to his senses to see that Hyeri’s was standing in front of him with a frown on her face.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re spacing out. Anything wrong?” Hyeri was concerned that maybe V didn’t enjoy his day at the zoo.

“Hyeri-ah, I want to tell and ask you something.” V patted on the seat beside him to ask Hyeri to have a seat.

Hyeri took the seat feeling slightly uneasy with the atmosphere. She felt that something not good will happen. “What’s wrong? What’s the thing that you wanted to tell me?”

“I like you.” V said in one breath.

“What?” Hyeri thought that she just misheard something.

“I said, I like you.” V said it more clearly than before.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. I like you. You’re cute, pretty and you can somehow you can stand with my weirdness. When I’m with you, it was so much fun. So, I like you.” V somehow got the bad vibe by looking at Hyeri’s expression. ‘Well, here comes the bitter part.’

“I’m sorry but we can never be more than friend. You’re my best buddy!” Hyeri said it without any second thought. She can’t accept V. She just can’t.

“Did you just friend-zoned me?” V asked to get back the fun mood even though that his mood had already crushed but at least he was prepared.

“Yes!” Hyeri said it out and clear.

“You’ve got to be kidding me! Can’t you be more blunt?” V laughed over Hyeri bluntness. ‘She really made up her mind huh?’

“You’re okay, right?” Hyeri was a bit worried with V’s responses. Shouldn’t a rejected guy be sad instead of laughing?

“I’m okay. You’re so lucky that I’m well prepared if not-“V hasn’t finished his sentence when his phone suddenly rang.

“I’m sorry.” He said to Hyeri and then went to answer his call when Hyeri said, “It’s okay, go on.”

After a minute, V came rushing to Hyeri, “I’m so sorry but I suddenly have a last minute schedule that I really had to go. I’ll call manager Kim to pick you up. You just wait here till he arrived. I really had to go now. You really don’t mind right?”

“It’s alright. You have to go if it’s important. I’ll just wait for manager Kim here.” Hyeri reassured that she’ll be fine with her own.

“I’ll have to now. Take care Hyeri. Don’t let those chimpanzees catch you. They’re super evil.” V pointed towards the chimpanzees’ cage behind them.

“Hurry and go you weird boy.” Hyeri looked at the chimpanzees. They were relaxing and ignoring the entire visitor that came to see them.

“That’s my charm.” With that he went away from Hyeri. After he was far enough from her, he took out his phone and dialed up Suga’s number.

After a few rings, Suga picked up and said, “What’s up?”

“Thanks for calling me just now. You had told Kim hyung right.” V asked with his gloomy voice.

“I’ve told him all. He’ll cover up for you.” Suga assured V that manager Kim will do as he was told.

“Thanks hyung.” V thanked him weakly.

“It’s okay. Cheer up. Go somewhere to clear up your mind. When you’re home, I’ll buy you fried chickens.” As soon as that, V hang up his phone and grabbed a taxi to somewhere that he still didn’t know yet.

 

 

‘Meet me at S studio after 7 – V’

Hyeri looked back at the message that she received from V that morning. She was told that V wanted to do a congratulations party as she had been discharged from the hospital. She wondered why V would make such a fuss for her discharge. It’s not a big deal at all.

The incident two weeks ago crept inside Hyeri’s mind. It’s such a brave of V to confess his feelings towards her. She couldn’t help but to reject the confession. What made her even guiltier was that she rejected it so bluntly and used the ‘friend zone’ thing as the excuse. Even though V said that it’s okay, she knew that it was not really okay. Being rejected by someone you like is not a good feeling. V’s really good at covering that feeling.

She stopped for a while as the light turned red at the crosswalk. She went back to the day of the confession. If it’s not because of her plan, she would have already considering the confession. To be honest, she also has started to like V. His weirdness always made her day and it’s getting boring without his quirkiness since the day they last met. Again, guilt crept in. If she had told the truth behind her rejection, she won’t feel so guilty and V wouldn’t get hurt much. She had decided. She’s going to tell V the real reason for her rejection. If not now, she won’t be able to tell V ever again and maybe today would be their last meeting.

 

On V’s side at studio S, it seemed to be busy with Jin, Rap Monster and Jungkook hanging up the balloons, Jimin and Suga kept bickering over the surprise’s plots and V who was being serious to make the party right which was a rare sight of him.

“Jin hyung, don’t hang it up to high. Namjoon hyung, you’re indeed the best and Jungkook-ah, be careful or you’ll fall from that chair. You two, J-hope hyung and Jimin-ah, you two are so loud yet no good thing happened. The surprise will just go simple so I don’t need both of your crazy ideas.” V kept giving each of them instructions and nagging. He wanted everything to be perfect.

“Relax; we know what to do already. But aren’t you doing this too perfectly? Don’t you remember? She just rejected you weeks ago idiot.” Jimin can’t seem to understand with V’s reason for doing this entire congratulation party thing. Aren’t you supposed to move on when someone rejected you? Even so, he kept doing his works according to the plan. He just hoped that V will quickly move on and live his normal live without any girls to be bothered with.

“Shut up and just help me,” said V. He knew very well that he had been rejected but who cares. He didn’t feel like giving up yet. Who knew that one day Hyeri will accept his feeling?

He had planned this party ever since before Hyeri rejected him. Now, he wanted to show Hyeri his efforts and willingness to do something special for Hyeri. He even had invited a special guest today. It’s not an easy thing to do it as the guest is a busy guy and he’s not in V’s close acquaintance list. He’s so grateful that his guest had given a positive respond.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated as a sign that someone sent him message.

‘I’m here. Another five minutes maybe – Hyeri’

V was shocked that Hyeri had already arrived. He was afraid that his plan won’t go smoothly but he’s hoping for best. He immediately ran to s to tell them about Hyeri’s arrival so that they can get ready for it. “Quick guys. She said that she’ll be here in five minutes.”

“Oh, I’ll get the cake.” Jungkook rushed and took out the cake from its box and lighted up the candles.

 Before the light was switched off, V sent a quick message to his guest that said, ‘Peniel-ssi, are you coming today? – V’

He quickly then put his phone back into his pocket and saw that Rap Monster was already ready to switch off the light. As they waited, they heard that someone’s coming. By the sounds of the heels, they knew that Hyeri had arrived.

From the dark, V saw girl with a cast around her left arm wandering carefully in the dark. As they planned, all of them shouted, “Surprise!” at the same time making Hyeri startled. Rap Monster switched on the light again and in front of Hyeri now there are seven guys who were smile proudly as they managed to make Hyeri surprised.

Hyeri stood there as V took in her appearance. Hyeri’s wearing a black and white dress that ended just above her knees making her look gorgeous yet cute at the same time. Without he realized, he went blank watching Hyeri.

“Mongtae-ah, grip on your senses. You’ll drool if you kept on like that.” J-hope patted on V’s shoulder to wake him up. He didn’t blame V though. Hyeri did look beautiful that night.

“Do I look weird?” Hyeri immediately became timid on her appearance that night. She worked really hard to look good that night. At home, there’s pile of clothes that she needs to take care of if she wants to sleep on her bed tonight.

“It’s the opposite Hyeri-ssi.” J-hope put on his charming smile as usual but immediately got smacked on his arm by V.

“You look good. There’s nothing weird. Anyways, it’s good that you’re free now. No more hospital foods for you. Now blow the candles,” said V before he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone to see that Peniel just replied his message saying that he’ll be over in 10 minutes with s.

“You’re making this celebration as if I’m out from the prison.” Hyeri moved towards Jungkook who’s holding the cake and blew all the candles in one try.

“Well for me, hospitals are the same as the prisons except that at hospitals you can see few cute nurses,” said Jimin before he got smacked by all of s.

Hyeri laughed while watching the scene in front of him. As usual, BTS behaving like children. She received a knife from Jin to cut the cake. Then, they all feasted on the food. There’s fried chicken, pizzas, ddeokbokki and few other snacks.

Hyeri peeked on V. He looked like he’s doing fine but who knew what’s hiding inside? She had decided to tell him after the party ended.

“Oh!” Jungkook suddenly pointed towards the place that Hyeri just came from just now.

Immediately, all seven heads looked to where Jongkook had pointed and all got so surprised especially Hyeri.

V quickly moved forward to his specially invited guest, BTOB’s Peniel and it looked like they’re having extra special guests; Sungjae and Changsub to join them that evening.

“Oh Peniel-ssi thanks a lot for coming and thanks to Sungjae-ssi and Changsub-ssi as well.” V was very thankful for their presence.

“It’s alright. We’re free today and it's boring staying in the dorm anyway. Plus, we’re hungry and here we can get free food,” Peniel replied while Sungjae and Changsub nodded as they agreed with what Peniel just said.

“Okay. Here’s the person I want you to meet the most. She’s a BTOB’s fan especially Peniel. This is Hyeri.” V brought the three guests to Hyeri who was still dumbfounded with her bias’s presence. Who would have thought that she can meet them here? It felt like a dream.

“Well hello there miss Hyeri. I’m Peniel.”

“I’m Sungjae.”

“And I’m Changsub.” Three of them taking turn introducing themselves.

“Gosh. I knew who you are already. No need to introduce yourself. Ops, I'm sorry.” Hyeri quickly close with the back of her hand. She’s too nervous so her words became blunt.

“Calm down Hyeri. Four of you can take your time. I’ll go bring your food.” V went to the food stand to bring some food to the guest but instead he was lock headed by Rap Monster because the members were not told about any guests coming except for Hyeri.

Hyeri chuckled to see V being the victim to the six other members. She forgot about Peniel who was standing beside her until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“He’s a good guy. He managed to persuade my manager to make him gave V my phone number.” Peniel explained on how V persuaded his manager for his number.

“And what kind of persuasion was it?” Hyeri curious about V’s tactic but somehow she knew that it’s weird.

“He kind of bribed my manager by offering him to go for a blind date.” Peniel laughed.

“That’s so that weird boy.” Hyeri rolled her eyes.

“Hyeri-ssi, here is our newest mini-album as a present. All of us had signed it and wrote a short letter for you. Hope you’ll like it.” Sungjae handed over an album to Hyeri.

“Like it? I love it!” Hyeri squealed with joy over the album. She had wanted to buy this but got admitted to the hospital. Now she got it for free and signed. She’s on a cloud nine.

“Thank you so much. I’ll play it a lot when I’m gone. This can help me overcome the loneliness. Thank you again guys.” Hyeri can’t be thankful enough for the prize.

“You’re going somewhere?” Changsub asked as he heard the ‘gone’ word.

“Yeah. I’ll be gone for a while,” said Hyeri with a gloom expression on her face.

 

After several hours, the party had ended and the BTOB’s member also had gone back to their dorm. All the BTS’s members were working hard cleaning up except for V who went outside to see Hyeri was sitting on bench and he decided to join her.

“Aren’t you cold?” asked V

“I’m okay. Actually, I wanted to tell you something. About two weeks ago. I actually have my reason for it.” Hyeri carefully arranged her words in mind so that it won’t come out wrong.

“And the reason is--?” V suddenly became impatient as he heard it. He already thought that he might I another chance.

“I don’t have much time longer. I-“

Before Hyeri could continue her sentences, V butted in, “You’re sick? Do you have serious illness?”  V shouted.

“No you silly. What do you this story is about? A melodrama?” Hyeri laughed out loud. She can never get tired of V’s weirdness.

“You’re not? Sorry for butting in like that. So, what’s the real matter?” This time, V carefully asked and waited for Hyeri to finish her sentences.

“Actually, I’m going oversea. I’ll further my studies in Canada. So that’s why I don’t have any other choices but to reject you.” Hyeri sighed with relief. Now that she had finally said the truth.

“So you’re telling me that if you don’t have to go to further your studies, you would have accept me?” V asked with a big grin on his face.

“I-I didn’t say anything like that!” Hyeri’s got warm and turned even redder as she heard V’s laugh.

“When you’ll be going?” V asked after his laughter had died down.

“In two weeks. Morning on Saturday of 26th,” Hyeri didn’t even realized that she’s giving the full details to V.

V kept silent for a moment. He tried to remember his schedule that day. After he remembered that he didn’t have any schedule that morning, he decided to meet Hyeri at the airport. “I’ll send you off,” he said.

“What? Alright then. I’ll text you later. Now, I have to go home. It’s getting late. Thanks for everything today. It’s so lovely and the best surprise I’ve ever got.” After Hyeri thanked V, she quickly pecked V on the cheek and ran away without looking back.

V was shocked and touched his cheek while looking at Hyeri until she’s out of his sight. He then mumbled quietly, “What a surprise for me as well.”

 

 

The airport was not so crowded that morning. V was sitting at a small café enjoying his morning latte while waiting for Hyeri to finish her check-in process. After 15 minutes of waiting, he saw Hyeri coming towards him.

“I’m sorry for making you waited for so long. “ Hyeri tried to catch her breath. The check-in line was so long that she ended up taking longer time.

“No worries. I was with Jimin a while ago but that guy had gone missing.” V took a sip of his latte.

“Won’t he be discovered?” Hyeri was worried. If any of his fans saw it, it will be a huge mess.

“Don’t worry about it. That guy is an invisible without his make up on.” V assured Hyeri.

“That’s not good of you.” Hyeri laughed.

“That’s what guys do. We insult each other. Anyways, how long will you be gone?” asked V

“I’m not quite sure yet. If I loved it there, I could be gone for 10 years.” Hyeri went to the counter when she heard her order number was up.

“That’s such a long time. Do you plan to work there?” V asked after Hyeri came back with her coffee and doughnut.

“If I had the chance, of course I’d love to work there.” Hyeri took a bite of her doughnut and sip a bit of her coffee.

“You’re such a traitor. You should work for your beloved country!” V gasped dramatically.

“My name obviously showed that I’m a Korean so, if I work real hard, they’ll recognize me and automatically they’ll know that I’m from Korea and Korea will be known. I won’t abandon my nationality,” said Hyeri with her eyes full of energy of love for her country.

“Okay missy. You’re too serious about it. I’m just joking.” V calmed Hyeri down.

Hyeri seemed to realize her action calmed herself down. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to be that serious.” She scratched her neck after embarrassing herself.

V laughed off to see Hyeri got over the top and embarrass herself in the end. “Thank you Hyeri-ah,” he said after his laughter died off.

“For what?” Hyeri confused as V thanked him out of the blue.

“You know, for telling me the truth about what made you rejected my confession. To be honest, it’s not a good feeling after you rejected me. I almost lost it.” V explained. He remembered the when he said that he’s okay with his smile on his face. It’s was totally fake. He almost cried in front of her.

“I know that it’s hurt. Even though you didn’t show it, I knew that you’re not totally okay with it. I felt so guilty for putting you in the friend zone so bluntly.” Hyeri said with regrets. She knew it that V was just covering his real feelings. She knew it that it’s actually hurt.

“Anyways, now I feel much better because you had indirectly said you like me too. If not because of this further studies thing, you would have accepted me right?” V wriggled his eyebrows while smile cheekily to Hyeri.

“No I didn’t. I don’t like you at all.” Hyeri turned her head away from V.

“You hate me?” V made his puppy eyes.

“I-I don’t hate you of course.” Hyeri started to stutter when she saw that V’s giving her the puppy eyes.

“Then you like me?” V cheerfully asked.

“Well… that’s… yes. I friend-zoned you. Remembered?” Hyeri started to hesitate. One wrong answer could be other meaning. She does like him but she doesn’t want to be so obvious. He would till death.

“Yeah right. We’re the best of friends.” V intentionally made his voice sounded down and his expression became gloom.

“Hey, I thought that you don’t mind about it, that you accepted it.” Guilt started to creep back in. She just got to make things worse less than half an hour before she leave.

“Don’t blame me. I’m not the one who wanted to be in the friend zone with you.” V hid his happiness when he saw that Hyeri had taken his bait.

“I told you that it’s because I’m leaving!” Hyeri replied. It’s not her fault that V had to confess a month before she had to go to Canada.

“If not, will you accept my confession?” V attacked again with his question.

“I’ll think about it of course.” Hyeri replied without thinking. She then realized that she had given the answer that V wanted to hear. She immediately cupped with eyes widen.

“You do?” V’s expression instantly turned bright after he managed to get his answer. Before he can say a word, Hyeri immediately cut him out.

“It’s time. I need to go in now.” Hyeri stood up quiet abruptly that she knocked her knees to table’s edge. She hissed and V chuckled to see her clumsiness.

“Careful. We don’t want to spend any days in hospital again don’t we?” V teased Hyeri but she just walked away without looking or waited for V.

V caught up with Hyeri who was far in front of him. As he caught up, he looked at Hyeri’s red tomato face, “Your face is really red.”

“Shut up,” said Hyeri while trying her best not show her face to V. V decided to stop teasing Hyeri and they just walked side by side till they got to the departure gate.

“So, this is the goodbye?” V already felt sad that he’s going to be separated from Hyeri.

“It’s not forever though but of course if you forget me, it’s really a goodbye.” Hyeri can’t help but to feel the same way as V. It’s sad to leave her country, her family that can’t send her off because they’re way to far at the Jeju Island and of course she had to leave V. She’s going to miss him big time.

“I’ll never forget you. How can I ever forget you?” V said it way too loud that people nearby turned their head to V’s direction.

“Calm down boy. You’ll make people think that we’re having some drama over here.” Hyeri smiled sheepishly towards their spectators.

“Please, please don’t go.” V begged more dramatically.

“What’s gotten into you?” Hyeri got confused with V that suddenly went dramatic.

“You said that we’re shooting some drama. I’m shooting our drama right now.” V said and grinned widely.

Hyeri facepalmed herself. That’s really a Taehyung for you. “I’ll better get going. You’re so weird.”

“That’s my…“

“Your charm.” Hyeri cut him out. “I heard it many times already and I’m getting sick of it. One more thing, please thanked all your members for me. I’m really thankful towards all of them especially during the surprise party. It’s the party in my life. Tell them that now; I’m officially their fan and, goodbye Kim Taehyung.”

“That includes me right? I’ll tell them when I get back home and, goodbye to you too.” V assured Hyeri. He is so happy that they had finally got a new fan. A special one for him.

Hyeri turned her back and started to walk towards the gate when V suddenly yelled out her name. She turned and asked him, “What is it?”

“If someday in the future we’ll ever meet again and I confess to you once again, will you accept me then?” V asked while clamping his hands.

Hyeri froze for while after hearing the question but she immediately smiled and said, “We’ll see,” and turned away once again.

V was so delighted to hear the answer and ran towards Hyeri. He grabbed her wrist and turned her face towards him. He looked hesitated and kept thinking either he should be doing what he’s thinking or not.

Hyeri frowned and asked, “What now Taehyung?”

“We-we should shake our hands. You know, we’re friends right? So, we should shake our hands before you go.” V started to blabber due his nervousness.

“Okay then. Let’s shake hands.” Hyeri was wondering what had gotten into V that he’s blabbering about weird things. Not that he’s normal normally though but still, she put out her hand to shake it with V.

As soon as V grabbed Hyeri’s hand, he suddenly pulled her towards him and leaned down and forward and pecked Hyeri on her lips. After he realized it he went completely froze as well as Hyeri who just stood in front of him with wide eyes.

“No, no, no! It’s supposed to be your cheek. Why did you turn your head?” V was so flustered with what had just happening before.

“Excuse me?” Hyeri became speechless to hear V’s complaint on why did she turned her head. ‘That’s ridiculous! He’s the one who pulled me so suddenly.’ She thought.

“Whatever. Goodbye. Take care.” V immediately walked away from Hyeri as he was humiliated by himself.

“What a charming boy.” Hyeri chuckled and turned away again but this time with no more interruptions like before. It’s was a great memory to meet someone like V. She’ll never forget him ever.

 

V kept holding on his lips that he didn’t realize what’s going on around him when suddenly he felt a pat on his shoulder. He turned around to see Jimin who was looking at him intently, “What’s wrong with you? You went blank again? I called you so many times and why is your face looked reddish?” He stared at V’s face and suddenly was pushed away by him.

“Shut up!” and V ran ignoring Jimin who was shouting out his name in confusion.

...

footnote: I finally done. Omg I felt like crying... be a dear and comment positively. :)

 

-han-