Of Food’s Complaints and Kyuhyun’s Requests

Of Food’s Complaints and Kyuhyun’s Requests

 A/N : Sneakily using my workplace internet during lunchtime to post this short story * well, your boss is not looking around during lunch hour right??* =3 This idea just popped when I’m scrolling through my TL yesterday with my phone, and coming to a post where Eunhyuk saying Ryeowook’s cooking was bland nowadays and Kyuhyun asked Ryeowook to make him pancakes and pumpkin soup. Hope you enjoy it~ * run to get my own foods now*

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyuhyun pressed on the bell button, waiting for the person inside to open it. He glance on his Samsung smartphone clock, it was 12.30 am in the morning, and he just come back home from his new musical practice and now his stomach grumbling so loud, asking to be feed.

 The door opened, from behind, a tired looking Ryeowook peeked out, but he’s still wearing casual clothes, not in his usual giraffe printed pyjamas.

“ Ohh..Kyu..what are you doing here? Did you forgot your own dorm and lost the way?”, Ryeowook teased, giggling softly at pouting Kyuhyun.

“ I’m not lost !! Ryeowook ah~ I’m hungry...Cook me something~~”, Kyuhyun whining like a five years old kid, tugging on the petite man’s back shirt, following Ryeowook into the kitchen.

“ Well, you’re lucky then. I’m just about to cook late dinner for the hyungs. They text me during Sukira before, begging me to cook when I come back home later.”, Ryeowook push Kyuhyun to sit on the chair, and wearing his pink purple apron and grabbing a cooking book.

“ Jinjja? Then what are going to make??”, Kyuhyun’s eyes sparkling, gulping on his own saliva while imagining all the foods.

“ Oh...I’m just going to try new simple healthy recipe from the cooking book I just bought”, Ryeowook answered, eyes still focusing and studying the recipe inside the brand new book.

Instantly, Kyuhyun’s face turn into a gloomy expression, feeling all his delicious food imaginations crushed into dusts.

“ You mean the horrible bland taste foods, even the other members said so..”, Kyuhyun whispered softly, he doesn’t want to make Ryeowook feel offended, unfortunately,  somehow the chef of Super Junior already heard it.

“ It’s not that horrible Kyu...”, Ryeowook argued, flicking his fingers on Kyuhyun’s forehead.

“ But...but...”, Kyuhyun wants to argued back, but his was shushed out.

“ No but~ Beside I’m doing this as responsibilities to take care of our member’s health”,  Ryeowook offered his soft smile, walking to the refrigerator, before kneeling in front of it and starts rumbling through the materials.

“ Hmphh..Even if we take care of our health, who knows when we are going to die? Maybe in fire, or accidents... Then I’ll have regret of not eating something delicious....and..”, Kyuhyun stops his complains when he heard something falls on the floor, only to realized Ryeowook has dropped the vegetables pack on the floor and staring at him silently with teary eyes.

“ Kyu...”, Ryeowook called weakly, a moment later tears starts trickling down on his high cheeks.

“ Omo !! Ryeowook ah mianhe !! I didn’t mean it like that, you know I..I...aish!!”, Kyuhyun rushed to Ryeowook, and hugged his friend, regretting his complaints before.

“ Mianhe Kyu...mianhe...”, Ryeowook repeatedly saying his apologize, snuggling into Kyuhyun’s embrace.

“ No...it’s my fault, I should not said something like that..Don’t cry Ryeowook ah..”, Kyuhyun released his hug, then wiping the tears away from Ryeowook’s eyes.

“ But you are right...I’m being selfish to you and our members...”, Ryeowook sniffed,  the urge to cry  coming again.

“ No!! Of course not !! You’re the kindest member, we’re lucky to have someone who willing to cook in the middle of the night...to take care of our health...”, Kyuhyun quickly interject, pausing a bit before continuing, “  Ermm..Ryeowook ah...I promise I will just eat anything...but really, I think all the worms inside my stomach already doing the Bonamana dance..bounce to you bounce to you~”, rubbing on his own stomach, Kyuhyun singing the lines pitifully.

Ryeowook cannot help but to stop crying and chuckles, both at Kyuhyun’s expression and choice of words to describe his hungriness. Wiping away his last tears, he collects the dropped vegetables and stand up on his feet.

“ Well, I think I’m going to be less strict now...from now on I’m going to cook delicious food for you guys like before. So....what do you like to eat?”, Ryeowook asked, now feeling all better.

 “ Pancake and pumpkin soup !! I asked for you to cook that in the last show, remember?”, Kyuhyun yelled, a little bit excited to eat the foods he’s been craving for so long.

“ Ahh....that’s right.  Then tonight’s menu is pancake and pumpkin soup”, Ryeowook’s declaration successfully making Kyuhyun jumps like a kid getting his favourite toys.

“ YES !! YES !! I’ll help you !!”, Kyuhyun shouted excitedly, grabbing another apron hanging on the walls.

“ Really? Wow~ That’s rare”, Ryeowook raised his left eyebrow, doubting on Kyuhyun’s sudden kindness.

“ Because you will make delicious pancakes for me...and...of course, you need to make extra pancakes for me than other hyungs..Hehehe~”, Kyuhyun grinned creepily, Ryeowook can only shakes his head and mumbled ‘ I know it !!”.

Two hours later....

“ Done !! Kyu ah~ Help me to...Yah !! Wait for the hyungs too”, Ryeowook slapped on Kyuhyun’s right hands, which already stuffing his mouth with small piece of pancake dipped in chocolate syrup.

“ Awww...but I’m really hungry~~”, whining, Kyuhyun pouted his lips, before trying to steal another pancake piece.

“ Yaa~ I know you’re starving, but help me calling Chullie hyung, Kangin hyung and Hae hyung to come here...Oh !! Send text to Minnie hyung, Hyukkie hyung, Siwon hyung and Shindong hyung too, invite them to join us while I’m cleaning up the stove”, Ryeowook gave out his orders, sternly staring at Kyuhyun while crossing his arms.

“ Arasso~  But give me two extra pancake as rewards~”, Kyuhyun crossed his arms, making an extra demand.

“ Fine..deal~ Now off you go!”, Ryeowook shooed his best friend, yet laughing at the antics.

*******************************************************************************************************************

In a flash, that’s how fast the another members to surround the kitchen table, , when they all know Ryeowook has cooked delicious foods they are all craving for so long. They even forgot about their tiredness and the need to sleep after working all day. Even Shindong ran as fast as he could to the dorm using stairs, not lift as usual.

Ryeowook smiled, feeling very satisfied at the happy faces of his band members, so much that he feels his own stomach already full. The members keep munching on the foods, mumbling how delicious the foods are between it. The EunSiHae trio also giving him a bone crushing hug when they saw the foods before.

Suddenly Ryeowook’s phone rang, and he walked into his bedroom to get it. Glancing at the caller ID, Ryeowook scrunched his eyebrows when he saw the person calling.

“ Ryeowook ah~~ Help me !! I’m dying in jealousy~”, a voice from the other line whining as soon as Ryeowook pick up.

“ Aigooo, what’s wrong Changmin ah? Why are you going to die in jealousy in the middle of the night?”, Ryeowook asks, confused with the sudden whining from one of the Kyu-line member.

“ Kyuhyun send me photos of delicious pancakes and pumpkin soup you make while I was asleep..That’s kid is so mean!!”, the DBSK food monster whining again, complaining on Kyuhyun’s act.

“ This spoil evil maknae!”, Ryeowook cursed a bit. “ Aigoo..ottohke Changmin ah? Ermm... Well, I make lot of foods but if you want some you need to run here or the members will fiin..”, Ryeowook can’t finished his word, because Changmin already cut it.

“ I’m already at the your door. Please open it jebal~~”, Changmin replied, and Ryeowook just blink his eyes is disbelieved.

 “ Ehhh ???”, that’s the only word Ryeowook can say before he heard the dorm bell ringing continuosly.

 Ting tong...ting tong ting tong ~~

  END

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forgive me if there is any mistake since I’m rushing on it~ Luckily my workplace has internet so I can post this =)