Final

Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another cool day that Tao would go to the coffee shop that was near his college. He would always go when he had free time, which was usually the same time every day.

He would go and order an Americano with a piece of strawberry cake. He loved that cake. Every time he would take a bit out of it he would think he was in heaven. It was like a little piece of happiness that he would indulge, but that wasn’t the only reason why he would go to this shop.

The main reason was the waiter slash baker, Kris. Tall, handsome, flawless, prince like Kris, that’s what Tao thought when he first met him.

He was looking for something warm to drink the very first day he had arrived in Korea. It so it happened that it was that very same shop that Kris worked that he walked into.

He couldn’t understand what the signs meant but luckily Kris was there.

“You are not from around here are you?” Kris asked at the younger boy with a fluent Chinese accent.

Tao just shook his head as he still stared at the signs.

“I could recommend you some stuff, if you like.” He smiled and that’s when Tao turned around to see who the cashier was.

That’s when he lost his breath. You could say it was love at first sight. The cashier’s gummy smile suited him very well.

Soon after he started visiting the coffee shop every time he could, he noticed that there were only two workers there. One of them being Kris and the other one he didn’t know his name but he didn’t like him. He was always touching Kris inappropriately.

And today was the day that his love at first sight was replaced with unrequired love.

As soon as he saw Kris get kissed by the other employee he knew he would never get a chance. He was just merely a costumer that they knew as a regular and not by name.

-----

“Come one Kris. Get the balls to ask him out. What are you, a sissy or what?” Heechul asked Kris as he cleaned the counter.

“Hell like I am. It’s that he is just so adorable and mysterious at the same time. What if he doesn’t like me? I mean he might not even be gay and here I am thinking of asking him out.” Kris said with an exasperated tone.

“Look here my friend. This is all you need to do when he gets here.” Heechul turned him around and looked him straight in the eye. “Tell him, I like you ever since I first saw you and I can’t get enough of seeing you here. I wish you wouldn’t leave so early at times. So, be my boyfriend.” He then leaned in and kisses Kris on the lips.

“Umm sorry to disturb your little confession but you have a costumer here.” Siwon, an old friend of Heechul, said as he motioned that there was another person besides him.

Once the pair behind the counter noticed who it was they froze.

“Its not what it looks like.” Kris yelled.

“Oh, okay. Umm I’ll just get my usual to go please.” Tao said with his broken Korean.  

Kris felt a pang on his chest. He wasn’t going to stay. He usually stayed for an hour but not today. Was it because of what he saw?

“Sure I’ll get them right away.” Heechul smiled at him and turned to gather his order.

“I will need to talk to you once you are done.” Siwon said to Heechul as he walked towards an empty table.

No, no, no. please let him listen to my explanation. Heechul thought as he felt Siwon’s gaze from afar.

“Here is your order please come again.” He said to Tao who was just looking down at the pastries.

“Thank you.” Tao said as he grabbed his order, paid, and started heading out.

Kris just stood there watching the figure of the younger male disappear from his view.

“Don’t worry he will be back.” Heechul tried to cheer up his friend.

“I hope so.” Kris said as he let out a sigh.

-----

“So, you and Kris huh?” Siwon said after few minutes of silence.

“No, we are not dating. It’s that I was just trying to help him with something.”

“And that involves you putting your lips on his. I may recall that you told me that you liked a certain tall person that you know. He is the only person that I know of and by the scene earlier, you confessed. “

“No you got it all wrong. I don’t like Kris the one I like is…”

“It’s okay you don’t have to tell me. I just came here because I wanted to tell you that I might call the wedding off.”

“What happened?”

“It turned out that I didn’t truly love her. I actually fell for someone else.”

“Oh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter