Final

Rejected and Chased

Rejected and Chased

 

"Admit it, Byun Baekhyun. I know you more than you know yourself," Kyungsoo nudged his best friend, Baekhyun in the ribs. The latter smacked his arm.

 

"What?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at Kyungsoo, cocking an eyebrow. It was true, Kyungsoo knew him more than he knew himself. They're best friends since diapers.

 

"You like the famous Oh Sehun," Kyungsoo said as he wiggled his eyebrows at Baekhyun. The latter's jaw dropped.

 

"What?! No!" Baekhyun denied but he knew, that down there, what Kyungsoo said was real. He liked Oh Sehun, that it became too painful. Why? Sehun will never notice an invisible Byun Baekhyun.

 

"Whatever," Kyungsoo said as he broke into a million guffaws. "Coward."

 

Baekhyun's ears perked up at the last word Kyungsoo had released. Coward!

 

"I'm not," Baekhyun paused as his breathing hitched, "a coward."

 

Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow at Baekhyun as he smirked. "Prove it, Byun Baekhyun."

 

"Fine."

 

And that is the reason why he is in the bubble tea shop this afternoon with Oh Sehun. Somehow, Kyungsoo had found ways on how Baekhyun and Sehun will get together. And that was Jongin.

 

"Sehun, I like you," Baekhyun blurted. The younger looked at Baekhyun intently, staring at Baekhyun's dark orbs. His face was still blank like an untouched blackboard.

 

"Stop ing with me, eyeliner ," Sehun said as he stood up. Baekhyun twitched at Sehun's name-call for him. Eyeliner .

 

"Eyeliner b-?" Baekhyun stuttered as he stared at Sehun's eyes. The younger's eyes were beautiful, but somehow, cruelty was evident in it.

 

"Yeah, and I don't like you back," Sehun said as he walked away. Baekhyun looked at the retreating Sehun, as tears started to form on his eyes.

 

He felt his heart clench. This is why he never planned on admitting he liked Oh Sehun; rejection.

 

◆◇◆

 

Kyungsoo looked at his best friend; and stared at Baekhyun's eyes. The latter's eyes no longer held the glint like the stars like before, and he tried his best to avoid everyone except Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. He hid from everyone in that fierce yet smooth bangs of his.

 

"Byun Baek, you can't hide forever!" Kyungsoo shrieked as Baekhyun hugged his own knees. Tears were starting to form on his eyes again as he remembered the day Sehun rejected him. The day Sehun made him feel like nothing.

 

"How could you even blame me for being like this?" Baekhyun said, his voice barely above a whisper. He looked at Kyungsoo's wide eyes as a stray tear ran down his cheek.

 

"That's what's wrong with you! Sehun rejected you, granted! But, have you ever heard of the word 'revenge'?" Kyungsoo said as he crossed his arms across his chest. His remark enlightened Baekhyun and that's where he is now.

 

◆◇◆

 

Baekhyun bowed to the audience before him, thanking them for the support and love he had kept receiving. He is now a singer. His dream has finally come true.

 

He headed to the back stage. He was walking while shuffling through his phone as he bumped into someone. Baekhyun looked up and his jaw dropped before he could even say "sorry".

 

It was Oh Sehun.

 

He did not thought that he will see Sehun today. He wasn't ready for the reason of his first heartbreak.

 

His heart clenched as he remembered that dreadful day again.

 

"Baekhyun, right?"

 

Sehun's voice was husky and deep. Baekhyun twitched as Sehun said his name. The way his name rolled on Sehun's lips should made him feel ecstatic; but it didn't. He somehow wanted to slap Sehun, but that doesn't sound really civil, right? And Byun Baekhyun did the most unbelievable thing someone would do.

 

He smiled at Sehun, his eyes holding the glint like before. He had moved on. Finally.

 

"Yes," Baekhyun said, while he arranged his sideburns. Sehun stared at the older's eyes as he spoke.

 

"I'm sorry for what happened before, hyung," Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at Sehun's last words. "But, I just want you to know that I like you. We fought before, yes, but that's history, now. I hope you still like me because -"

 

Baekhyun smirked at Sehun as he raised his pointed finger up to the younger's lips. "Oh my God, shush."

 

Sehun looked at Baekhyun's shiny eyes as the latter smiled.

 

"My feelings for you, Oh Sehun, is history, now. Thank you," Baekhyun turned his back at a rather, hurt Sehun, as he smiled in triumph.

 

--

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

 

Hey, this fic had been running on my mind for weeks and I had to write it. Lmao. Before it runs away. /winks/

 

Thank you for reading it, though. It means a lot. And oh, please do subscribe, upvote or comment! :) It would be awesome if you'll check my other fics as well. /winks/ Lmao, thank you, again! :)