01

One Minute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junsu grabs hold of the man dressed in white, anger and grief blinding him from reality. He shakes the man, screaming at him as tears run down his face, Then he throws a punch at the man, blaming him for the death of his girlfriend.

Instantly, he has all his friends' arms around him as they try to hold him down. He struggles in their grasp for a little before he breaks down and his whole body goes limp. 

Everyone watches as he sorrowfully calls out the name of his dead girlfriend, no one blaming him for his actions; he never got to say goodbye to his lover. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junsu bows for what seems like the hundredth time that night as people comes and gives their respect to the decease. His eyes are red and blank, his face is pale, and his whole body feels weak. He feels like his whole world has crashed and he isn't able to stand back up. He feels like he's suffocating and no matter how much he struggles he can't get rid of the grasp around his neck. He's feels like the death of his girlfriend was completely his fault. 

"Hey… You should go rest, I can take over for the time being while you go grab a bite" Yoochun, his best friend, suggested. Junsu looks up at him "I… I am going to go…" he quietly says, tears b in his eyes again. His friend nods then gives him a supporting pat on the back "do you want me to drop you off?" Yoochun ask, a little worried to see his friend behind the wheel when he can barely concentrate. Junsu shakes his head so Yoochun has no choice but to let him go "I'll take care of the rest so go home and rest, Sammii wouldn't want to see you like this." 

Instead of going home, Junsu ends up at the sight they found Sammii the night before; on the highway in her car bleeding. He crouches down at the exact spot her car had been dismantled last night by a big delivery truck. There are pieces of her blue hyundai still scattered around the spot. He holds one in his hands and immediately feels his heart clench in pain. 

It finally hit him fast and hard like a bullet, that she was gone and was never going to come back. She was gone and he never got to say goodbye or tell her he loves her. She was gone and there was nothing he could do about it. 

He falls to the ground and starts to cry all over again. He had let her go without apologizing for the things he had said the day before, she left him without giving him a chance to explain how sorry he was for saying the things he did when they fought the day before. It was too late for him to explain to her that he never meant anything he said when they fought hours before her accident. And now that she's gone, he can't tell her how much he regretted letting her walk away or telling her that he hated her. She's gone and he never got to tell her how much she meant to him or how much he loves her.

He sits there, a piece of her car etched into the palm of his hands as he cries his heart out in sorrow for her. He wanted to see her one last time, hold her in his arms again, and whisper sweet nothing in her ears. He wanted to see her smile as he tells her that he loves her. He wanted them to be together forever. He wanted to do so much for her, but he was too late. The very last memory he had of her was her tears as she screamed at him. 

The last memory he had of them together was of them yelling hurtful and meaningless things at each other because of the built up anger in their system. The last thing he remembers him saying to her was; 'I regretted ever meeting you!'

He clutches his head in his hands as he shakes uncontrollably. God how much he wanted to turn back time and fix everything. He shouldn't have yelled at her, it wasn't her fault he was stressed out at work. It had nothing to do with her, but at that time he needed to blame someone and she was the only on in his presence. He should've held in his anger then maybe, just maybe, he would be laying in bed with her in his arms. He regretted everything he said and did, god, how much he wished he could just get one more minute to tell her he was sorry, how much he loves her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Junsu wakes up to the sun shining brightly down on him and his head throbbing in pain; most likely from the multiple bottle of alcohol he had consumed the night before. He attempts to throws his arms over his eyes in hopes of blocking out any light, but it is held down by a weight on his arm. Slowly he turns towards the weight. 

Instantly, at the sight of what was holding down his arm, his eyes widen and he feels like time has stopped in his favour. There, laying in his arms, once again, was his lover, eyes closed and chest slowing rising as she breath. 

He's afraid to move in fear that if he did then the figure in his arms would immediately disappear. He doesn't realize he's holding in his breath until his lover begins to stir. A few seconds later and he finds himself staring into two beautiful and very familiar brown eyes blinking back at him. 

She flashes him a small smile before snuggling closer to him. His breath hitches because he can feel her, see her, and hear her breath. It all had to be a dream, there was no way she could be laying in his arms when she was… He shakes his head and closes his eyes tightly, counts to 10 before opening them again. 

He is just as surprised when he opens his eyes and finds her giving him a confused look. "What are you doing?" she asked, her voice sounding like music to his ears. He doesn't reply, he just continues to stare at her; a part of him knew she was really here with him, in his arms, but the other part of him was scared that if he said or did anything then she would disappear again. 

"Yah…" she cups her small hands around his cheeks "stop staring, you're going to burn a hole through -" She doesn't get to finish before she's smothered in his arms. "You're here… You're really here…. God baby I've missed you so much. Please don't leave... please don't leave me ever again. I didn't mean anything I said the other day… and I love you, I love so much." 

She pulls away and runs her hands down his face "I am not going anywhere" she gently whispered, smiling up at him. He holds her tightly in his arms, refusing to let go even for just a little bit, as he repeatedly whispers 'I love you'. 

I am sorry…

 

"You keep staring" Sammii complained, her bottom lip jutted out into a little pout "it's making me self conscious." Junsu doesn't make any move to look away, so she rolls her eyes and gets back to making breakfast. She's cracking an egg onto a frying pan when arms slither their way around her waist and her boyfriend's head comes to rest on top of her shoulder. "I love you" he whispers for the nth time in 2 hours. She knocks her head lightly against his and smiles "I know, you've said it all morning." 

Junsu tightens his hold around her "I mean it when I say I love you." He doesn't say anything else, but Sammii knows it's because he's hesitating.  "2 days ago…." he starts a while later and she immediately knows where this is going. "I didn't mean a single thing I said... I was angry and you were angry and words were thrown at each other. I know I said horrible things, but I've never regretted meeting you, and I've never regretted us. I know I should've been a better lover, but I guess it's true what they say…. you only to cherish someone once they've… left." The thought of her leaving continues to haunt him. 

"I am so sorry I hurt you, I am sorry I let you walk away from me, I should've went after you, but I didn't because of my pride." Sammii knows he's crying when a droplet of tears comes in contact with her shoulder. "I am so sorry and I love you." 

They stay like that, in each others arms for a while, mainly because Sammii knows Junsu doesn't want her to see him cry. When she thinks she's given him enough time, she turns around in his arms and cups his face in her hands. "I was wrong too. I shouldn't have ran out like that. I should've stayed back to talk to you, figure things out, but I was scared. I was scared that if I stayed we would end up splitting up. I was mad and hurt but I didn't want to lose you. We were both tired and we both said hurtful things that night, so lets put it behind us. Lets pretend it never happened and spend the time we have together, like it's our last." 

Sammii smiles up at him and runs her thumb over the stains his tears left behind. "I love you, a lot so don't ever forget that" she whispered. Junsu looks down at her, nods

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter