FINAL

Hidden Feelings

Chapter one:


 

 

She watches the stars, her eyes are glowing but there’s a tears running down. She was sad, beyond sad, she felt so down, she felt sorry for herself, and she was hopeless. She cries as she admires the sky, feeling the cold breeze of air, she sniffed. 


“I’m fine… I’m going to be fine…”


She convinced herself, she cries the whole night.

 


 

Taylor woke up from her deep yet short slumber, stretching her muscles before getting up and headed downstairs. The moment she open her eyes, she remembers the problem situation she was facing. Putting her thoughts aside, she went to the kitchen to be greeted by her loving mother.


“Are you okay? Baby, your eyes…”


“I’m fine mom, don’t worry about me. Aren't you supposed to be at work now?”

 

She answered as she looked up at the clock that was hanging at the kitchen wall just right above the cooler. She glance back to her mom who is looking at her with pity and worried in the eyes. She somewhat thankful that she had her mom at times like this, where she doesn't know what to do anymore. She felt at least happy.


“I’m worried baby, are you still going to work?


“You know me mom, I can get through this. And yes, I'm going to work."

She assured before heading to the bathroom. As soon as she closed the bathroom door, a tear slipped out of her eyes. There's no way she can be okay, there's no way for her to be fine. 


“Eat your breakfast before going, I’ll be leaving now!”


Her mom tells her as she stared at the bathroom's door. She knew her daughter better than Taylor herself, her mom knew that she wasn't okay and couldn't do anything about it because her mom knew that she wants to be alone. The more she opens up the topic, the more she will sulked so she just let her be, at least for a while. 

 

“I will, bye mom!”


She gathered all her strength not to make sounds weak. She tried her best to kept her cool in front of her mom, she doesn't want her to see her weak. She doesn't want to be a burden, at least.

 

“Be strong Taylor, mom will always be here for you…”


Her mom whispered before leaving the house. At the bathroom, she sat on the floor, water running through her whole body. She cried her heart out, she was hurt, deep hurt. She can still recall the day she found out everything, she can still recall how her world stop for a moment, and she can still recall the hurt she felt as soon as the words slipped out of his father, the company's president that she was working to.


“I’m fine, I will be fine…”


She then again convinced herself, as if it was the truth.

 


 


She entered the company's building she was working in. Greeting everyone she saw or bump to as he made her way to her office. No one can think of what she was going through, she was smiling in the outside but deep inside, she was bleeding. They made exchanged smiles and greetings when suddenly...

 


“Hey! Hey Taylor!!!”

 


She blinked. That was it, she froze right away. 


“Ahh, Sir Kevin! You need my help?”


She asked politely, the boy just chuckled then stood in front of her, pouting his lips. He ruffled the girl's hair that pissed her off, he always kids her.


“Ya! Stop it!”


She said grabbing his arm to stop him. She felt electrified at the small contact, she immediately threw his hand away from her head, stopping him from ruining her hair. She looked at him, he smiled.


“Come on, don’t call me sir, we’re friends you know. Haha!


The boy stated silently, there’s a glimpse of sadness in his eyes but she decided to ignore it. We're friends, the words that is capable of breaking her heart. She was just a friend for him, just a friend. She bowed which caught the boy off guard.


“T-Taylor—“


“I almost forgot, Congratulations on your engagement. I’m wishing you both the best.”
 

She said then smiled. Fake.

 

“A-are you sure?”


The boy stared at the girl who is standing in front of him, expecting something different.
 

“W-what?”

 

She asked confused, she looks at the boy's eyes. Oh how can those pair of eyes mesmerized her whole.


“I-I mean, are you really congratulating me?”


He retort asking the girl, he gulped.


Are you crazy? Of course I do congratulating you.”

 

The boys face saddened, something inside of him hoping that she doesn't meant it.

 

"I better be going now."


She blurted before walking away. She felt her tears approaching; she took a deep breath then smiled before entering her office. She focus on her work, trying her best to be strong. Knowing her only bestfriend, her only guy friend, her first love is going to marry a girl, and it's not her. She stopped on what she was doing, what happen to both of them? she thought.
 

“I thought we’re already in good terms, why did it turn out like this?”


She said reminiscing all the days they we’re together, they were sweet and almost look like a couple. She smiled as she remembers all the good time they have shared. She smiled, those days where she can hugs him, when she falls asleep in his arms, when he sleeps on her lap, when he hugged her tight saying she's safe with him, when he kisses her cheeks whenever she blushed on his compliments, sharing crappy jokes and pick up lines, watching movie all day, and all of his comfort, but that was all a memory now. Those memories that she cherish with all of her heart.
 

“Why all of this happen?”


She mutters as she bury her face in her hands, crying her heart out.


*knocks*


She hurriedly wipes her tears away as soon as she heard the knocking, clearing .


“Come in.”


She almost crack, she pretends that she is busy reading some documents that is sitting on her desk.

 
“Taylor…”

 

She was somewhat surprised to hear his voice. He always texts her or calls her whenever he will go to her office even though he was in a higher position, she just get used to it. He always notify her, for her to prepare everything he needed before he will step to her office. She glanced at the figure then says,


“What can I help you, Sir?”


The boy sighed, knowing that she was still being formal in front of him, even though it was just the two of them inside her office.


“Let’s talk Taylor.”


He tells the girl while staring at her from a distance.
 

“We’re actually talking now.”


“Come on, I’m being serious here.”


He said with a strong tone before looking straight to her eyes that made her froze, his eyes… she remembers how those pair of eyes stare to her own, those eyes that made her weak. She snapped out,
 

“I’m busy. Look, I had a lot of thing to do since the opening of the new branch is nearing”

 

"I'm the boss here."


She then turn her back to him.

 

“Why are you like this? You kept on avoiding for three weeks.”

 

He blurted running his hand to his hair.


“I-I want you… I want you to stop me.”


She looks at him.


“Stop you? From what?”
 

The boy turns around then locks the door before looking back to her.


“Listen, Taylor… I’m getting married so please stop me!”
 

“Are you out of your mind? Why would I even do that.”


She bit her lip. As long as she wanted to, she just can't. She just can't stop him, she can't ruin her bestfriend's marriage, she just can't even though she likes it.


“Let’s not fool ourselves.”


“You choose your path, and I’m choosing mine. You’re the one who chose to get married, and who am I to stop you? I am, I am just… your friend.”


The last sentence turn out to be a whisper. She said turning her back to him, she can’t look at him. Tears are approaching her eyes but she can’t, she can’t let him see. She can't let him see her being weak, she can't let him see her tearing.


“I know you enough, Taylor. Y-you love me… you do? Right?”


“Of course I love you… you’re my friend after all.”


She retort with her back still facing him.


“I’m busy Kevin, let’s talk later.”


“Please Taylor; stop me from marrying her… stop me!”


“You chose her! You're the one who chose to marry her!”


She shouted, voice cracking. She faced him, as soon as she does, tears slipped out of her eyes without her knowing, she noticed it and quickly wipes it away.


“You choose to be with her Kevin; you’re the one who choose her and not me. You decided to marry her, you’re the one—“


“You don’t know everything Taylor. I got forced to her… You know me, I love you, and you know that!”


“Forced? Tsk, I’m sorry Kevin bu—“


“All I need is you to stop me and I will call everything off, I’ll fight for you… just give me an assurance that I can still have you…”


Tears are falling from her eyes, he took a step forward, little by little, step by step, he was holding her shoulders, he’s looking down to see her face but she hides it. She was crying, a big mess in front of him.

 
“Taylor—“


“This is wrong Kevin, please… Just leave.”

 

She can't stop him, she's afraid. She was hurt, in pain, and she can't sink everything in her head. Everything is a surprise to her, everything is a mess, a big big mess. She can't understand why does Kevin have to say all of this when he already decided to accept the damn marriage even though he knew deep inside of him that they love each other, even though he knew that she will get hurt.


“Stop me; all I want is you to stop me! Tell me I’m important, I’m begging you!”


“Kevin—“
 

“Be you Taylor. Just be yourself, tell me how you really feel…”
 

“We… we are friends… I’m happy that you’re getting married so—“

 

“I know you enough, I know you more than yourself.”
 

“Why are you doing this?”
 

“because I love you Taylor, but… Dad force me to marry her for our company's finance support… but seeing you like this, I don’t think I can still marry her. You avoided me, my texts, calls and even when I’m calling you out here. Seeing your situation after they announced my engagement, I know you will no longer be okay, but I don’t expect this worst. I hate seeing you alone, I hate seeing you burying yourself at work, you forgot how to smile, your genuine smile that made my heart stop, and I want to see it again… I know I've caused you pain, I’m sorry, and I miss you.”


He confessed before hugging her tight, securing her. She hesitate to hug him back, she don't know what to do now. Her, feeling the warmth of his embrace, she can't hold back anymore then hugs him back. The boy smiled as soon as he felt the girl's arms wrapped around him. He pulled her closer, sniffing the scent of her hair, oh how he misses it.


“I-I miss you…”


She whispered, he smiled. He wants her to show her feelings even though he knows it well; he knows it more than her. He just wanted to hear it directly from her, and to his success. Finally, all their hidden feelings came out.


“I miss hugging you like this… I miss the old days!”


She hummed, he kissed her temple.


“I miss everything about you Taylor.”


“You always have me Kevin. You know how much I love you.”

 

She answered sweetly.


“You’re denying it a while ago.”


“Because I don’t want to ruin your marriage. I don't want to cause any trouble, so I bear it all."


“Just promise me one thing; you will always be here besides me. I will fight for you…”


He pulled away a little to have some space for him to look at her face, the face he loves staring at.

 

"Promise."


“I’ll do everything just to be with you.”


She nodded, he smiled that made her mirrored the gestures before sealing the promise with a long sweet yet passionate kiss.


 

I can't do it anymore, my first plot got deleted and I don't have any copy of it so I write another again. I don't know if I can satisfy you with this, I'm sorry. Can't think of a good ending, so sorry for this crappy scenario. I'm in the mood a while a go but suddenly got an author's block. :(

Hope this worth your while. ☺ Thank you for reading, comments are always loved. ♥

I haven't edit this yet, so please ignore all the grammatical errors and typos. Thank you! *^^*