Drunken Roommate

A Million Miles Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She’s panting and sweating so much. Her light blue sweatshirt is soaked in sweats.

 

Dara breathes heavily. She couldn’t hear anything around her but the song playing in her ears and head. Her eyes are looking straight to the front. Her feet are almost numb from running too much without taking a break.

 

Some men stops their activity somehow just to stare at her and infatuated by how admirable and hot she is. Dara never fails to attract people around her but that is if she stays quiet or when people don’t know her because once they learn about her true identity, they won’t even grow a ball to try getting close to her. Even after all this time, all Dara’s ex girlfriends never hit on her first. It was always Dara who made the first move to ask them out and damn, those girls were the luckiest people in the world.

She’s mad.

 

It’s all written in her face. She’s mad and embarrassed and blamed herself for being such an ignorant fool for what happened last night.

 

She fell for Chaerin’s joke.

 

“Do you wanna have with me?” Chaerin suddenly asked.

 

Dara’s eyes are constantly widely opened.

 

Chaerin smiled gently. “You don’t have to pay me…” she added.

 

Dara is stunned. She can’t think of things to say, to respond to such a naughty question coming from a girl who is just inches away from her. And yes, that question is pretty tempting and made Dara contemplate herself.

 

“Wh… what? Are you sure?” Dara can only blurted out that question. Only then she realized it sounded like she’d agree to do it.

 

But when the situation became tense and stiff, suddenly out of thin air, Chaerin bursts into a great laughter.

 

“!” Dara yelled out and took off her headphones. She stopped by the end of the jogging trail. She bended down and took a heavy breath slowly. She realized some old people who were dancing stares at her. She might’ve made a great noise.

 

She grunted and just walked away without giving a .

 

“Wake up!” Dara removed the blanket away from Chaerin’s top. That girl is still asleep nicely on Dara’s bed, huddling her legs with her long arms and snores a bit.

 

Dara shakes Chaerin’s body and slaps her face. “HEY!” Dara yelled near Chaeirn’s ear.

 

Chaerin’s startled and she woke up in instant.

 

“Oh it’s cold!!!” Chaerin mumbled.

 

“Get up!” Dara pulled Chaerin’s arm up and forced her to get her up.

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m going somewhere, and you’re coming with me.” Dara replied as she slapped Chaerin’s face to wake her up.

 

Half awake, Chaerin got up and laid her head on the bedhead. Her eyes are still closed and she still can’t get her soul fully awake.

 

“And oh, I’m fixing the heather at the other room so you won’t have to snuggle in and steal my bed again! I’m done getting myself near you.” Dara muttered as she took off her shirt and quickly put on the towel before Chaerin opens her eyes and sees her half .

 

Dara snapped her finger, “WAKE UP!” She yelled.

 

“Okay okay!” Chaerin opened her eyes slowly and rubbed her face hard.

 

While Dara stepped into the shower, she walked toward the window and let the warmth of sunlight heat up her face. She slightly smiled. She had such a nice sleep last night. Finally, sleeping in a good comfortable place.

 

Chaerin giggled by herself when she remembers about last night. She remembers Dara’s blushing and nervous face when she asked her to have together and how amazingly embarrassed and angry that face was when it turns out Chaerin was just joking around.

 

“God, she’s funny.” She mumbled with a corky smile.

 

 

***

 

 

Chaerin is in awe as she stepped in into a large spacious white brick walled room with many windows.

 

“What is this place? Looks like you can fit hundreds people in and hold a dance party.” She murmured.

 

Dara has already walking ahead of her, checking up the windows, walls, ceiling, lightning and every corner of the room with her arms crossed and eyes focused while Chaerin is just enjoying the unusual view of the place.

 

“Is this a gallery?” Chaerin asked as she walked closer to Dara.

 

Dara just nodded quietly as she noticed there’s a big mirror at the other side of the room.

 

“I heard the owner of this place used this place for dancing classes. Now he’s renting the place for my client.”

 

Chaerin tilted her head as she glanced at Dara, “Is this client has something to do with the guy who is after you?”

 

Dara sighed, “Not answering.”

 

“Right. He is the guy. Who is he? Is he an artist? Do I know him? Trust me I know lots of artist especially famous painters.”

 

“I’m sure you’d know who he is.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Well since you’re gonna be helping me out with this work I’m gonna tell you this. Our client is a famous realism painter. You must’ve guessed it already.”

 

Chaerin frowned, “Don't tell me… Is it…”

 

“It’s Kim Jaejoong. Yes it’s him. He’s opening up a gallery here for his new collections of brilliant beautiful paintings. I just wish his traits and attitude is as beautiful as his artworks.”

 

Chaerin is stunned. Dara can tell she’s really surprised and thrilled by glancing at her eyes.

 

“The guy who’s been chasing you all this time is Kim Jaejoong? You’re not joking, right?”

 

Dara walked away.

 

“I’m not. Trust me, Chaerin. He’s a pain in the .”

 

“But he’s perfect. He’s very handsome and very talented and I can’t wait to meet him in person. Why didn’t he show up to everyone else in the office?”

 

Dara rolled her eyes, “Can everyone just stop talking about him like he’s a God or something? You sound like his worshiper, really. I hate it.”

 

“I’m talking about the truth. People don’t care about what he did to you or what he’s acting like in real life but you gotta admit it that he’s really good. I mean, even my mom used to have one of his collections hanging on the living room. Now I can’t believe I’m gonna work for him. I’m excited.”

 

Dara pouted, “Yeah I can tell.”

 

“Then what is it that we’re gonna do actually? Are you gonna décor this entire place?”

 

Dara looked around the place tiredly, “No. The interior experts would do that. I’m just gonna organize the event. You know I’ve been quite experienced in handling a gallery.”

 

Chaerin nodded with a quirky smile, “Yeah I acknowledge that. I remember the first time we met at Harold’s anniversary gallery. You remember that? The first time we met…”

 

They suddenly found themselves looking at each other again. And Chaerin is smiling, which makes Dara nervous and can’t think straight.

 

“I thought you’d never mention that.”

 

“Did you think I forgot? I never forgot every attractive women I’ve met in my life.”

 

Again, Dara is instantly blushed and she’s tired of getting embarrassed so she just stayed quiet.

 

“You’re way too serious, Dara. Lighten up! And don’t get tired of my crap. I like it doing it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Coz you got the best reaction.”

 

“Ugh off.”

 

They separated. They walked to the different side of the room.

 

Chaerin discovered an interesting thing at the top of the old cracked cabinet. She brings it down and put it on the floor. A boombox with a dusty cardboard box full of old cassettes.

 

She grinned when she found one of her favorites classic old songs. She tried to connect the wire with the electricity and turns out it works and so does the tape.

 

An old alternative rock song starts playing.

 

Dara turned around and found Chaerin dancing on her own. She’s stunned but also happy. She doesn’t know she’s been smiling.

 

“You know my parents used to make me go into lots of courses. One of them is dancing. I used to do ballet and acrobatics you know. I was really good at it only I didn’t really like it.”

 

Dara can just shake her head. That smile hasn’t disappeared yet.

 

“I really miss it.” Chaerin muttered after getting exhausted and rest her back on the floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter